Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

Lots of nice clears from everyone!

Freyja and Triandra's map is still one I consider among the hardest to one turn in the game, since no other map forces you to use fliers for it like this (at least if you want a full player phase clear). PoR and RD is definitely a game selection where the tools to do it are there for me though, with all the flying Laguz and such. I definitely think I could have done it with a mainly Laguz based team, but that would involve giving some new units Galeforce which I didn't bother doing once I realized I could use the new Harmonized Edelgard to open it up very easily. Edelgard even has the perfect cheat to double Freyja in her B-skill, she's basically designed to beat this map.

Lilina proved very easy as expected, since I could just use what I normally use. Could have brought Brave Eirika to bring down the armors much easier, but I tried bringing her Summer version instead just to be different. I just could not find a way for her to get the kill when she had to run Wings of Mercy though, so sadly that plan was scrapped and what you see here is basically Tethys replacing her to give another action to Tana instead. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@Diovani Bressan I also had Mystic Boost on Seliph, but only in the seal slot. I picked Seliph specifically in CYL because I needed a Jugdral unit for these types of maps.

I didn't feel like recording the FE6/7 clear. This clear was a bit annoying because I didn't have many FE4/5 units and the dragons were very hard to kill. It is a good thing I got Ishtar as a pitybreaker when hunting for Grima on a circle with no colorless orbs. Fallen Julia didn't do as much damage to the enemy team as she usually does, but she was still useful.

I actually found Claude easier than Silvia & Erinys. Heroes just has so many strong units in general and especially compared to SoV. The S&E map also has a lot of enemy range overlap on top of having a dancer, which made it difficult to get in safely, but I just had to kill stuff in Claude's map.

Hoo boy, have I got some bullshit for y'all.

----------

Muarim: Olivia solo (video!). The inception of Flame Gunbai+ and a friend twisting my arm to build the game's first dancer. I was expecting her to suck. I was incorrect. And then the Rearmed Lif banner happened... I'm starting to wonder if my friend may be some sort of prophet.

Leif & Altena: B!Hector solo. Shoved him all the way up to the top-left corner of the map so he could tank without getting overwhelmed.

Silvia & Erinys: Duma and Rudolf duo. Forgot how awful this map was. Dividing tanking roles between a melee and a Far Saver was the only reason these two worked.

Seiros: Eldigan is a harem protagonist.

As you might expect from someone whose best units are from Jugdral, this wasn't hard. Less expected was that I actually had four dancers ready to go for it thanks to the magic of Formas.

Claude: "Beat the desert heat with my WinterCool Hand Fans! No need to rush, I brought enough for everyone!"

And here's the bullshit I promised: Merrybilis soloing Abyssal L!Claude's super-effective ass. I honestly did not think this work, but what ultimately broke the map open was inheriting Sabotage Def (along with a belated realization that this is why Summer Lilina has it in her base kit along with Broadleaf Fan). This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted Merrybilis to do, so I'm immensely pleased with this clear. A shame that I had to lose a FM!Morgan for it, but L!Julia's remix means I still have Atk/Res Menaces in reserve.

Muarim - Thank you Hall of Forms for that Summer Cordelia, as she has Canto.  Used her along with Bridal Tharja, Spring Henry, and someone else I can't remember.  Muarim exploded pretty quickly along with the rest of the map.

Leif & Altena - Thief Leila is busted, and is even more ridiculous with Sain.  Bramimond and Limstella rounded them out.  Limstella attacked once, to take out Altena.  Most of the work was done by Leila.

Seiros - That new Seliph along with Arthur with a -blade tome did the trick.  Eldigan danced and August kept everyone alive thanks to Even Recovery.  Seliph was able to abuse Miracle while not much survived Arthur with a speed boost.  Seiros went down in two solid hits.

Silvia & Erinyes - If it flies, it dies to Leon.  Brave Alm was a huge help here with 3 movement.  Est was used because Canto, and Valentine's Alm was there for a stat boost.

Claude - New Year's Fenrir, Duo Caeda, Peony, and Summer Nifl ran circles around this map.  The hardest part was the first turn, because of that Sabotage Speed dagger enemy.  Once I got my positioning down, my hit-and-run squad was able to clean up nicely.  Claude wasn't too happy with Caeda!

EDIT: Managed to clear all the maps again.

Edited by eclipse

Legendary Claude with Heroes units was not hard at all... since Heroes have a very good amount of strong units.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! Ishtar needing 3 rounds to defeat Seiros... wow. I was surprised she was not quadding Seiros, but then I remembered that Ishtar doesn't have NFU in her tome like how OG Ishtar does. Killing Claude with Laegjarn, we have that in common. Cool to see Gustav in action. I got one summoning in the Three Hopes banner, so I looking forward to use him.

@Some Jerk That was a very interesting and creative way to deal with Seiros and her minions. But then you surprised me again with the Mirabilis Vs. Claude clear. That was insane! Well done!

Sorry it took so long posting my clears. I had them up on Saturday but I was out most of the day yesterday~ Didn't help that I cleared them out of order.

Let it be known I had to sack my last Fallen Berkut for this. Though, I guess Muspell deserves it. I use him in SD pretty often.

Ares Resplendent when? He can't keep getting away with this with such a basic build.

@GuiltyLove - Cheating unit with Ascended Ishtar means this map had very little they could do against you. Smart to pick your CYL based on a series you need more of.

Not surprised you handled Claude with ease. That team can probably handle any Abyssal Limited despite the restrictions because of how busted they are. Gustav especially looks fun.

@Some Jerk - Wasn't expecting the thicc Lachesis chokepoint + Savage Pain Strat but that went surprisingly well with how many melee units this map had.

I aspire for my W!Mirabilis to be half as good as yours is.

@Diovani Bressan - Just use the cheating unit and win, forehead. I guess we'll need Brave Julia in the future.

The Ascended Duo are popular picks for this map. Laevatein is still perfectly capable of carrying even against these newer units.

@Landmaster Freyja is more fragile than I expected, but it's a good thing she had Sol to heal up. I was too used to fighting the Abyssal Freyja so I didn't realize that her defenses weren't actually that high. Both Muspells blew up people with their specials!

Good thing Tine had NFU at the end to deal with Seiros. I tried using Ares in this map but he got doubled by the manaketes. I should have used some speed buffs on him. Maybe we can give him Distant Storm or whatever the +Atk version of Distant Counter is called. I still like pressing end turn and having him destroy everyone~ 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since they've changed up the format for these again (the fourth LHB in a set will apparently now be an old GHB, starting from the very beginning, instead of a second recent BHB) this should be what to expect for the next three months:

November 2022

Spoiler

Brigand Boss: Sacred Stones
Jaffar & [Pegasus] Nino: Awakening
Ashera: Blazing Blade
F!Robin: Jugdral
M!Byleth: Shadows of Valentia

December 2022

Spoiler

Jeralt: Heroes
Luthier & Delthea: Fates
Ullr: Binding Blade
Ursula: Three Houses
Micaiah: Tellius

January 2023

Spoiler

Holst: Archanea
Surtr & Muspell: Sacred Stones
Otr: Awakening
Michalis: Blazing Blade
Fae: Jugdral

And as a reminder, the second and fourth battles disallows the use of Sing/Dance/Play (and all Prf variants like Gray Waves or Gentle Dream).

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, since they've changed up the format for these again (the fourth LHB in a set will apparently now be an old GHB, starting from the very beginning, instead of a second recent BHB) this should be what to expect for the next three months:

November 2022

Hide contents

Brigand Boss: Sacred Stones
Jaffar & [Pegasus] Nino: Awakening
Ashera: Blazing Blade
F!Robin: Jugdral
M!Byleth: Shadows of Valentia

December 2022

Hide contents

Jeralt: Heroes
Luthier & Delthea: Fates
Ullr: Binding Blade
Ursula: Three Houses
Micaiah: Tellius

January 2023

Hide contents

Holst: Archanea
Surtr & Muspell: Sacred Stones
Otr: Awakening
Michalis: Blazing Blade
Fae: Jugdral

And as a reminder, the second and fourth battles disallows the use of Sing/Dance/Play (and all Prf variants like Gray Waves or Gentle Dream).

Oh boy... I don't think I can do Fae's map with my Jugdral team. Otr might be hard as well.

Took me the remaining of my dragonflowers to do this clear without using the cheating button... although I kinda used a cheating unit on Summer Edelgard.

I also did Narcian's Abyssal map, which was very easy since I could use the cheating unit again!

@GuiltyLove Nice clear! Almost a CYL 4 team. That was a close one from Dagr on Edelgard, good thing she survived that special and her damage reduction on follow-ups helped a lot in the 2nd hit. I still have to refine Claude, but I can see he does great!

Limstella: Midori solo. She strapped on Vantage and put on a clinic. (Shockingly, Limstella themselves was not Vantage'd.)

M & M: Larum & B!Larum. I can do duos of the same person too!

Narcian: Caineghis solo. Like many others, I just parked him in the mountain path and watched everything die around him.

Dagr:

I imagine this is why Sothis' refine was mediocre: Sirius+ on its own is insane enough as it is. I'd wager Sothis could true solo this map at high investment.

Sigurd:

Like hell am I playing around L!Sigurd's movement gimmick. A max-investment Phina might've been able to eat the whole map alive if it weren't for the dumb Lance fridge and maybe the Dazzling Troubadour.

Edited by Some Jerk