Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On the subject of town events, there's a way to game the system.

TE's are more or less set when they happen. However, which event will it be is still random. So, the trick is to save every night, or save then speed through the days until you find one with a TE, then reload. Once you're on the day before, save before heading to bed. That way you can reload if it's not the event you want. Another trick is that once you can get the villagers to stay partnered with you for more than one day (I think you need around 5 F/L P for that), events that involve them will force them out of the party. That's also a way to check for any specific event you may want to trigger.

This is, basically, the fastest way to trigger the pre-marriage events.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Another thing I forgot to mention are town events. When you check your diary, every once in a while you'll see an option called "Town Events." Those are specific events that happen either through RNG or by certain story events being triggered. Some are optional, for the sake of having more interactions with the characters, and others are required to accomplish certain objectives, like the marriage events. To progress through each event, you'll need to talk to each of the characters listed below the event title. The cutscenes should happen on their own from there.

Well the events are optional but apart from the marriage events, you have zero control over when they happen. Once an event triggers, you kinda don't have a choice but to complete it. You could just not do it but then the characters involved will just be stuck in limbo until you do.

Oh, speaking of characters @DragonFlames don't bother trying level everyone up and giving them good equipment. It ain't worth it. As far as inviting people into your party, just stick to whoever you plan on romancing tbh.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, speaking of characters @DragonFlames don't bother trying level everyone up and giving them good equipment. It ain't worth it. As far as inviting people into your party, just stick to whoever you plan on romancing tbh.

I'm pretty sure it counts at least for increasing F/L P when it comes to equipment. So it does have a use, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure it counts at least for increasing F/L P when it comes to equipment. So it does have a use, I believe.

Yeah but there's still no reason to have multiple characters join you. Giving equipment to someone who you would only bring with you once isn't worth it.

Speaking of gifting stuff, there's a character that for every five or so things you gift him (has to be things he likes, I think), he'll give you something in return. You can luck out and receive some powerful item... or one you can sell for a big profit. You can use cheap things like iron ores, if you want to exploit that.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay... so let me get this straight...
I can grow my own... dungeons.
Dungeons.
Growing on a farm.

Yep, I'm lovin' this already. XD

Only in this RF4 though, the prior games didn't have that. For a little history lesson on the franchise...

• Instead, barring Tides of Destiny, you could grow crops in dungeons, something I'm told RF4 removed.
    • Considering your normal farmland was subject to crop death and replacing them new ones with the changing of the seasons, you could use the dungeons as your greenhouses to grow whatever you wanted year-round.
    • Nothing was really creatively done with the concept though, a few dungeons forced you to grow some stuff in RF1, 2, and maybe Frontier, but there was no reason to seriously cultivate land in the depths of a dungeon that took a lot of time to get to past several enemy spawn points.
    • The best thing was for every nine crops that are fully mature in a plot in a dungeon (and in the normal fields prior to RF3), one bluish-white sphere called a Rune will appear over the crops. A Rune when walked over replenishes 25% of your RP, and considering crops can't rot on the vine and that Runes regenerate the next day as long as the ready-to-be-picked crops stay that way, you're incentivized to leave crops unpicked in dungeons for a constant source of additional stamina. This becomes unnecessary if you have plenty of RP-restoring food. 
      • But, it was basically mandatory in the very first game that you slowly grow a lot of plants deeper and deeper into at least the first few dungeons. This is because your mere 100 RP maximum, which you had no means of increasing, was crippling on how much you could fight. And yet you had to destroy every enemy-generating machine in each dungeon to unseal the boss room at its end.
      • Although it has never been officially stated, I would think the reason behind the franchise's name is precisely because of these otherwise insignificant Runes. Because growing crops generates them, you can think of your farm as a "factory" for the runes. And because they're a fantastical concept, I assume they were thrown in the name of the series to indicate it is fantasy and not a more ordinary and realistic farming sim.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Is Rune Factory on Switch? I may have to try it out if I get one. (I mean, it gives me something to talk about since I'm the only one here who doesn't play Dragonquest, Neptunia or Trails. Or Three Houses.)

Just wait until I get in full force talking about Age of Mythologies...

Admittedly, I haven't really talked much about it since, well, who else plays those kind of games here?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Benice said:

Is Rune Factory on Switch? I may have to try it out if I get one. (I mean, it gives me something to talk about since I'm the only one here who doesn't play Dragonquest, Neptunia or Trails. Or Three Houses.)

Yes. Rune Factory 4 Special. It's a great entry point into the series.

Just now, Benice said:

The older ones are on DS, two on the Wii, and one on the PS3.

Rune Factory 4, the latest title of the franchise to be released, is available on 3DS, and on the Switch in the form of its "Special" edition.

Don't feel peer pressured into buying it though.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't feel peer pressured into buying it though.

This as well. It's always best to play what you enjoy instead of trying to like what other people like (I've learned that myself). Sometimes it works out though, like for me and the Trails series.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice.

If you dislike slower-paced life sim games, I'm gonna say Rune Factory isn't for you. RF has its more intense moments, but is largely a relaxing game where the focus is on things like crafting, farming, daily interactions with NPCs, etc. Think fantasy-style Harvest Moon but with some action RPG elements like the combat and dungeons.

You may like it, but I figured I'd let you know what you're getting into before you make any kind of purchase.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Hah. "A Fantasy Harvest Moon" is pretty much RF's subtitle. Well, just on the first game, but it's basically the series' description in a nutshell.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Interdimensional Observer

I have an odd question about Xenoblade X.

Alright, so on my main file I can still do squad tasks to get reward tickets, but on my other file, it wont let me. Is this just me or can alternate users not connect? Maybe I'm dumb or am doing something wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Instead, barring Tides of Destiny, you could grow crops in dungeons, something I'm told RF4 removed.

Mmm yes but no. While you can't farm in the dungeons themselves, scattered throughout the world are four fields, one for each season. You can use the airship to fast travel to these too, once you've found them.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you dislike slower-paced life sim games, I'm gonna say Rune Factory isn't for you.

I've never even played one, which is why I'm interested in the series! The only two genres of games I've ever really played is adventure/puzzle (Zelda) and Tactical RPGs. (FE and Kagasaga) I've done three platformer-ish games, (Mario Galaxy 1&2 and one of the sonic games) but that's it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I've never even played one, which is why I'm interested in the series! The only two genres of games I've ever really played is adventure/puzzle (Zelda) and Tactical RPGs. (FE and Kagasaga) I've done three platformer-ish games, (Mario Galaxy 1&2 and one of the sonic games) but that's it.

Well, one way to know if you'd like it is to emulate it. You've been able to emulate Path of Radiance, so I think you could emulate the 3DS version of Rune Factory 4 with few issues. That way you could know before you buy.

Also, if you want to play Shadows of Valentia, 3DS emulation might also be a way for you to play that as well without buying a 3DS.

Edited by twilitfalchion

@Benice Just checked the Citra website. Rune Factory 4 works really well in the emulator, so if you go that route, you shouldn't have many issues. Shadows of Valentia works okay, but should still be doable since you mentioned you wanted to play FE15.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You've been able to emulate Path of Radiance, so I think you could emulate the 3DS version of Rune Factory 4 with few issues. That way you could know before you buy.

Also, if you want to play Shadows of Valentia, 3DS emulation might also be a way for you to play that as well without buying a 3DS.

Well, mostly on a matter of principle, I'd rather not emulate games Nintendo/the makers of the game could reasonably make money off of. Unless...Can you actually buy 3ds games from Nintendo anymore? 'Cause if not, I have no real problem with emulating 3DS games.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Can you actually buy 3ds games from Nintendo anymore? 'Cause if not, I have no real problem with emulating 3DS games.

I bought SoV a couple months ago. From the eShop. So yes, you still can.

That reminds me, eShop service has ended here in Latin America except for Mexico and Brazil.

Just now, Benice said:

Well, mostly on a matter of principle, I'd rather not emulate games Nintendo/the makers of the game could reasonably make money off of. Unless...Can you actually buy 3ds games from Nintendo anymore? 'Cause if not, I have no real problem with emulating 3DS games.

You can, through the eShop specifically, but also many stores still sell them. You most likely won't find Rune Factory 4 in any of those stores though. It's ultimately up to you, of course, but I do recommend at least trying it before spending money on the Switch version.

Just now, Benice said:

I'll give Citra a try, I suppose. Time to dust off the 'ol brain cells!

Holy makerel, this is wack.

Also, if you’d rather not emulate a game that is still for sale you could try Rune Factory 3, which is a DS game. It’s lacking some of the modern features 4 has, but should give you a good idea of what the series is like.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Also, if you’d rather not emulate a game that is still for sale you could try Rune Factory 3, which is a DS game. It’s lacking some of the modern features 4 has, but should give you a good idea of what the series is like.

Well, I'm having fun with Gaiden, so I really wanna try SoV anyways.