Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

anyway

Yeah, that's what I should've said too about five posts ago.

Sorry, guys. I don't know, there's something about Mozu that makes me go ballistic every time. I really, really don't like her.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

Haitaka? More like Hightaka, since he's high up on the "beast" tier list.

Haitaka is legit better than like half the proper characters, it's ridiculous.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Now y'all just make me want to play Conquest again. L

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What kino gameplay does to a person xD

NGL now i want to do a Conquest run,  too xD

I’m glad I’m not the only one high susceptible to Fates talk.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, this is just straight up wrong. What are you talking about? My Effies always one-shot everything but the tankiest of enemies!

When does this start happening? It’s not going on for me…

A generic villager girl with severe PTSD played for laughs.

Is it? I only got like two of her supports which both went haha village girl stronk haha.

I did. Thrice. And yes, I didn't reclass her, but... Bleh.

Really? Huh.

Reclassing her does make a big difference though.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AMiXmzM.png

Even that run you had aptitude malig knight Elise courtesy of me.

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Ban Shrimp for suggesting the use of Ests

lO9d1TL.png
LWBr1k7.png

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one high susceptible to Fates talk

What Kino Gameplay does to a Person

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Attack stance 😉

Even that run you had aptitude malig knight Elise courtesy of me.

That run was hilarious XD

should really do another one like that!

Hmm, maybe that will spice BR up enought for me?

Is it? I only got like two of her supports which both went haha village girl stronk haha.

It's her introduction and her animations. Girl loses literally everything, even watched her own mother get eviscerated in front of her, and in her base class she looks absolutely terrified. Buuut that's then shoved to the side, as all sensitive matters are in this game.

I don't know, I remember in my first run I was ready to go full meme child soldier, but then I saw her animations and it just... Subconsciously killed the whole idea of her character for me. Then Haitaka joined and it was all over for her.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

From like, her second chapter? I really don't get how you guys haven't had it happen, it has been really consistent for me.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Attack stance 😉

Actually, defense stance boosts work just as well. Her strength is just that high.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

okay retract previous statement: sarah is good sauce

Yeah, Sarah good. Though she hardly qualifies as an Est, her bases are great outside of bulk.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lO9d1TL.png
LWBr1k7.png

Ests are so much fun. Screw optimal play!

Attack stance 😉

Mozu doesn’t need it though.

That run was hilarious XD

should really do another one like that!

Hmm, maybe that will spice BR up enought for me?

Dark Falcon Sakura for the same effect.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's her introduction and her animations. Girl loses literally everything, even watched her own mother get eviscerated in front of her, and in her base class she looks absolutely terrified. Buuut that's then shoved to the side, as all sensitive matters are in this game.

I don't know, I remember in my first run I was ready to go full meme child soldier, but then I saw her animations and it just... Subconsciously killed the whole idea of her character for me. Then Haitaka joined and it was all over for her.

Being afraid in battle is one thing, PTSD is another. And her losing everything does come up, like in her Corrin support.

But I understand that you don’t want to talk about her.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From like, her second chapter? I really don't get how you guys haven't had it happen, it has been really consistent for me.

Actually, defense stance boosts work just as well. Her strength is just that high.

She’s only been OHKOing squishies for me and I’ve had her paired up with Arthur 90% of the time. She’s gotten a few levels as well. Though she did just get C rank lances, maybe the steel lance will help.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Umu umu

Ys 9 is oldest Adoroo yet!

I see, I see!
Good thing I'm saving this for last, then!

XD
Okay, this is friggin' hype!

When I do my inevitable Nightmare run, I will try to do this. XD

It's a major common complaint about Ys 9among Ys fans.

''This game is too much Trails''

or as someone said ''Ys 8 is good side of Trailsfication, Ys 9 is bad side''

Oof

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... Problem is, he's a hilariously bad generic. Kenshi has gotten a handful of levels and he already runs laps around the old man. He's been a decent Jeigan for three maps, but... it's time for him to retire.

Yeah, Revelation's Gunter is like... the one time people are right about the Jagen sucking ass, actually.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm not on your list? 

*neps internally*

Sorry! >.<
I just couldn't think of a funny way to work "Roo" into your username.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wow, that’s really creative.

Shush, you! XD

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

If only I still had that Rook pfp. Would have been perfect.

Indeed it would have!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, Dragon Quest's appeal is it's insistence on the old school.

That is exactly what turns me off from it, tbh.
Old-school does not automatically equal better. And DQ is a perfect example of that, since its fifth incarnation that I played a while back quite persistently pursued every single goddamned gameplay trope that riles me up to no end. Like, it seemed quite literally designed to piss me off.
And yet, there are still games out there I loathe more (one game in particular that, for the first time, made legitimately feel seething rage and hatred and almost caused me to singlehandedly give up on the series it is a part of). DQV was still fine for what it is. But what it is is not for me. I've made peace with that fact.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And the homogonization continues 😛

Just like how nearly every indie game nowadays seems to insist on being a Metroidvania Soulslike (first it was the Earthbound clones, then it was Metroidvanias, now it's Metroidvania Soulsilkes).
Or how almost every Western AAA game seems to want to be an MTX-filled looter shooter battle royale hellhole. Or a generic open world with crafting and collectibles... filled to the brim with MTX, of course!
Or how many, many Japanese games (and media in general) like the "something kills the world and you're defending the last bastion of humanity with various superpowers" plotline. And for anime, it's the isekais.

So in conclusion, the most generic game nowadays would be a Metroidvania Soulslike MTX-filled looter shooter battle royale with a generic open world that includes crafting and collectibles that has you get isekai'd into a setting where you have to defend the last bastion of humanity from the thread that wiped out the world in the first place.

Huh. Why does this sound absolutely terrible and hilarious at the same time?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

So... this girl is like "Hinako had one sword? Well, I can do you one better!" XD
Unless that second sword IS Hinako's. Would not surprise me, seeing how they look the same!
Also, my hype levels are rising again!

All this talk about Mozu is reminding me I've yet to do her paralogue. I wanted to wait till I had some more generics to train, but now I'm wondering if the map's enemies even scale depending of how far into the game you are.

...Maybe I'll just save it till Fuga arrives so I can marry him to Corrin faster. It's the one marriage I'm allowed to make, after all. Might as well make sure it happens.

In any case, it's time for another chapter. I spy, with my little eye, knights. I want a knight, mostly because I love their sprite, they look hilarious.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But I understand that you don’t want to talk about her.

Yeah, we should probably just stop. We've all said what we had to say, any more would just be going in circles.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She’s only been OHKOing squishies for me and I’ve had her paired up with Arthur 90% of the time. She’s gotten a few levels as well. Though she did just get C rank lances, maybe the steel lance will help.

Yeah, steel lance is what she wants for that last bit of might she needs.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Lightroosmo.

There we go. Kinda works.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, Revelation's Gunter is like... the one time people are right about the Jagen sucking ass, actually.

Virgil is better than him. Generics for the win.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Just like how nearly every indie game nowadays seems to insist on being a Metroidvania Soulslike

Ehhh not really. I don't know where you've been looking for indie games, but there's plenty of variety there as far as I can see.

I have legitimately acquired Haitaka with zero time travel shenanigans whatsoever. Now all I have to do is get him some items and it’s time for chapter 10. I wonder who I’ll bench for him… everyone else is kinda needed right now. Well, I guess I don’t need Niles but Nina would be nice. Maybe I could hold off one chapter though.

I have legitimately acquired Haitaka with zero time travel shenanigans whatsoever. Now all I have to do is get him some items and it’s time for chapter 10. I wonder who I’ll bench for him… everyone else is kinda needed right now. Well, I guess I don’t need Niles but Nina would be nice. Maybe I could hold off one chapter though.

Mozu

Who is in your team? I'll help you decide.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope my current avi doesn't bother you then. 

Haha there's nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Worst games of all time, eh?

Hmm. Well according to what i have in Backlogged, from lowest to highest, my worst games of all time are

• SteamWorld Heist (2/10)
  • Thracia 776 (3/10)
  • Atelier Totori (4/10)
  • Geneaology of the Holy War (4/10)
  • Project X Zone (4/10)
  • Xenosaga Episode II (4/10)
  • Atelier Ayesha (5/10)
  • Atelier Sophie (5/10)
  • Vestaria Saga (5/10)

But tbh, putting the 5/10s in the "worst games of all time" lists is a bit harsh. Like they're bad, yes, but, you know....

(Also apart from the scores, this list isn't ranked. I'm not as concerned with ranking my least favs).

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

Now y'all just make me want to play Conquest again.

Honestly same but unlike you all, i have a legit copy on my New 3DS and i wouldn't really be able to share what i got.

But i'd be playing on casual mode exclusively for battle save use. Resetting an hour's worth of a map is simply not worth it.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

After all, there IS more to a game than gameplay!

True although the gameplay is usually the make or break. I mean, isn't that why most of us love Conquest?

56 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Ban Shrimp for suggesting the use of Ests.

Shrimpy suggests the Ests, i use them unironically.

Sophia FE6 is based, Raigh and Niime found dead in Miami.

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9VgWEn8.png

Shrimpy's S-tier gameplay Games

Ah we're doing this again

Screenshot_5178.png?width=790&height=432

CrossCode moved a spot back and Gunvolt 2 moved a spot forward but it doesn't really matter too much. You have to be truly special in my eyes to make it in here in the first place.

That said, the top 2 are in a league of their own, for reasons that definitely are biased hahahahahahaha.

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So in conclusion, the most generic game nowadays would be a Metroidvania Soulslike MTX-filled looter shooter battle royale with a generic open world that includes crafting and collectibles that has you get isekai'd into a setting where you have to defend the last bastion of humanity from the thread that wiped out the world in the first place.

Huh. Why does this sound absolutely terrible and hilarious at the same time?

Because it sounds like a disaster and i want to see what it is.

Ruben's kinda right tho, indies have a ton of variety. You'd be right in saying too many of them use pixel art tho. Like even CrossCode and Gunvolt are guilty of this. It's not a bad thing but it feels like 7 out 10 indie games are pixel art.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shrimpy suggests the Ests, i use them unironically.

Sophia FE6 is based, Raigh and Niime found dead in Miami.

Meanwhile my favorite FE6 character is Raigh. Oof... Though I've used Sophia a couple times. She's horrible, but she can be made to work with a billion resources and patience.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben's kinda right tho, indies have a ton of variety. You'd be right in saying too many of them use pixel art tho. Like even CrossCode and Gunvolt are guilty of this. It's not a bad thing but it feels like 7 out 10 indie games are pixel art.

That's because indies don't have the budget or the people to produce good 3D graphics, though. Pixel art is way easier to pull off than most artstyles, so most indie devs go for that because it's the only feasible option for them. Of course, some of them go above and beyond with the pixel art, and some go in different directions entirely. Shoutouts to Banner Saga and its hand-drawn graphics, that game is beautiful.

I was going to do another map, but my poor sleep last night is catching up with me. I can't handle this chokepoint hell like this. I'll give it the "do it tomorrow" treatment.

Also, finally remembered to take Gamble off of Wolfgang. I kept forgetting.

She's horrible, but she can be made to work with a billion resources and patience.

And it's all worth it.

Ch.14x may be shit but it has a few archers and an Eclipse Druid I can just surround and then have Sophia slowly kill them to death and gain EXP in the process.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's because indies don't have the budget or the people to produce good 3D graphics, though. Pixel art is way easier to pull off than most artstyles, so most indie devs go for that because it's the only feasible option for them. Of course, some of them go above and beyond with the pixel art, and some go in different directions entirely. Shoutouts to Banner Saga and its hand-drawn graphics, that game is beautiful.

Oh I know why but i can't blame people for feeling it's a bit oversaturated.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh I know why but i can't blame people for feeling it's a bit oversaturated.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I just feel that it's something one has to accept when going into the indie market. Indies with outstanding graphics are rare, but graphics ultimately matter very little. You have to look at what lies underneath.

Sure, finding dad can wait. I'm off helping this eccentric woman with her survival guide...

Pft, come to think of it, I think this is the farthest I've progressed with that quest in all the times I've played the game.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have to be truly special in my eyes to make it in here in the first place.

Then boy, do I have a game recommendation for you!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Just like how nearly every indie game nowadays seems to insist on being a Metroidvania Soulslike (first it was the Earthbound clones, then it was Metroidvanias, now it's Metroidvania Soulsilkes).

You forgot Roguelike. Thats a very prolific genre in the indie world nowadays it seems to me, randomly generated dungeons with death setting you back quite a lot.

Old-school does not automatically equal better. And DQ is a perfect example of that, since its fifth incarnation that I played a while back quite persistently pursued every single goddamned gameplay trope that riles me up to no end. Like, it seemed quite literally designed to piss me off.

In that case, it's not "old-school" it's plain old old, 1992 old.

But yeah, now I've learned to be more hesitant on suggesting games from yesteryear. As much as I want to experience the full history of gaming in genres I like, I've realized now that maybe age can actually be a problem for games, not just something pesky youngsters needlessly complain about. -But I still happily played DQIII to completion despite the occasional issue earlier this year (in ways I could notice the differences from DQIV), thank goodness for modern autosaving built into the Switch port. It's playing DQVII that's proof of clinical insanity.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mozu

Who is in your team? I'll help you decide.

I actually already started and benched Niles. Chapter 10 is as intense as usual, and I’m actually doing kinda poorly… but my team is everyone you get at this point except Silas (so Corrin, Felicia, Elise, Arthur, Effie, Niles, Odin, Nyx and Mozu).

I actually already started and benched Niles. Chapter 10 is as intense as usual, and I’m actually doing kinda poorly… but my team is everyone you get at this point except Silas (so Corrin, Felicia, Elise, Arthur, Effie, Niles, Odin, Nyx and Mozu).

Right. Fine, then. I'd say Niles can probably afford to go for now, since you're using Mozu. Do try to use him though, for Kumagera.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Sorry! >.<

*more internal Nepping* 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

True although the gameplay is usually the make or break. I mean, isn't that why most of us love Conquest?

SAY WHAT?! I for one, do not.