Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awww, really? Him? My only experience with Danganronpa is watching the anime for the first game, and he was my favorite character. He's a complete and utter moron who never does anything useful, is always wrong about everything and goes the entire plot without ever accomplishing anything noteworthy. Usually I hate arrogant characters in fiction, but that's mostly when the story goes out of its way to validate their arrogance by making them out to be oh-so-awesome. It's why I couldn't stand Kira when I watched Death Note (well that and the fact that he was an insane megalomaniac that I was somehow supposed to root for, obviously). This guy, though? I loved him. He made me laugh so much.

Then his portrayal in the anime is very different from his in-game one, because there, he was one of, like, two characters who could actually put two-and-two together (although he had his moronic moments, too).
I'll at least let him have that, and the occasional useful thing he said.

The character who got me to laugh the most for all the wrong reasons was (SPOILERS)

Spoiler

Genocide Jill.
She was so dang insane it was downright entertaining.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Not a king nor a normal emperor Draggy. I refer to The God-Emperor of Mankind.

That changes nothing.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's why I couldn't stand Kira when I watched Death Note (well that and the fact that he was an insane megalomaniac that I was somehow supposed to root for, obviously).

Isn't the whole point of Death Note is what happens when a man with a giant ego gets drunk on power or something?

Pretty sure you aren't actually meant to root for Kira.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Then his portrayal in the anime is very different from his in-game one, because there, he was one of, like, two characters who could actually put two-and-two together

Really? It's been years since I watched the anime, but from what I recall, the thing about him is that he seemed capable of putting two-and-two together, and definitely acted like he was the smartest person in the room, but his theories were always completely off and it was up to Protagonist-kun and Purple Waifu to figure things out while he inconvenienced them.

Just now, Armagon said:

Isn't the whole point of Death Note is what happens when a man with a giant ego gets drunk on power or something?

Pretty sure you aren't actually meant to root for Kira.

I guess not. I definitely didn't, let me tell you that much. Not that L was much better. To be honest, the one I always rooted for was Light's dad. He and his subordinates came across as the only ones in the show who actually had a conscience.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? It's been years since I watched the anime, but from what I recall, the thing about him is that he seemed capable of putting two-and-two together, and definitely acted like he was the smartest person in the room, but his theories were always completely off and it was up to Protagonist-kun and Purple Waifu to figure things out while he inconvenienced them.

Interesting!
Yeah, the main "case solvers" are Purple Waifu and Protagonist-kun in the game, too, but he does push cases in the right direction a lot and/or raises some good points.
I do have some problems with this, as Protagonist-kun is kinda portrayed as an idiot, who can't put two and two together - until the actual cases happen.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

guess not. I definitely didn't, let me tell you that much. Not that L was much better. To be honest, the one I always rooted for was Light's dad. He and his subordinates came across as the only ones in the show who actually had a conscience.

I haven't watched it myself (though I did watch the Netflix movie because it was laughably bad) but I do have a friend who can't stand Light and my other friend always says "yeah that's kinda the point". 

Just now, Wraith said:

I’ll still pray to the Emperor that one day the Cult of Teehee will be rent asunder and that all enthralled to it will be free. 

And I'll pray for your salvation.

How tragic your fall from sanity has been, my spectral compatriot.

Cleanse your mind, your soul, your spirit with this musical balm.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

And I'll pray for your salvation.

How tragic your fall from sanity has been, my twilit compatriot.

Cleanse your mind, your soul, your spirit with this musical balm.

r1wIQIZ.png

Time to do this (again)

Or as Felicia says

We can do this

TOGETHER!

Edit: Rally'd, Paired up, tonic'd and was able to get Entrap to 82%...

Still missed....

game why...

Edit 2: 

TaGuivH.png

Big brain tactics working

To risk it or just get the silence and gtfo hmmm

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Luxury. Try sleeping in -15C, outside, with a foot of snow on the ground as a kid.

How to get frostbite 101

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Young Fate-ling, i know i am not one to speak, but what exactly are you playing? xD

What’s a Fate-ling?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does it ever? The party vanishes for every cutscene. One of my favorite moments was when Primrose got stabbed, and the other three idiots just... sort of left her there to bleed out.

The answer is no, but when I said that I meant that him physically being there at all makes no sense because, at least his first dungeon, involves you breaking into a manor to steal something for his own personal gain, and I can’t seen any of the characters going along with that. They also make it a point to mention how he works better alone, because he has that edgy brand to maintain I guess.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahah... I like how the dealbreaker is that Therion is edgy.

Such is the way of Saint Rubenio.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Someone who is learning the teachings and mysteries of the Fate franchise of anime, VNs, games, etc. xD

Including this:

https://www.siliconera.com/everyday-todays-menu-for-the-emiya-family

Why would an anime franchise get a cooking game? Thats niche upon super niche.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Thankies!

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, FE1, 2, and 3 aren't really worth bothering with unless you really want to experience the originals. SD, New Mystery, and SoV all replace them, IMO. But you may want to try them regardless of course.

*angry FE3 fan noises*

the fate franchise is one hell of a rabbit hole. I'm not even too deep into it. Most I've seen of the franchise is the deen adaptation, UBW, and zero and like a little bit of Fate/GO. I still need to read the visual novel