Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I have decided that my first promoted unit in this game will be best girl.

Wow, her stats look awful. Xd what happened?!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is rated highly within the franchise, though I'd say it's partly nostalgia and "historical impact". By which I mean that it was only the second title after Symphonia to make it big in the West, and it was launched initially on the waaaay more popular PS2 while ToS started on the GameCube.

I feel like most the endgame is simply running back and forth for a few hours simply watching cutscenes, no action at all. And when there is action, its enemies that go down in two hits, since you go to early game areas alot. 

Also, the game was veeeeery easy.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, you put it into words better than I could. "Unfinished" should be the word for it, but it sounds too "negative", so to speak, to be used all willy-nilly anymore. It's a word that is mostly reserved for broken games and abandoned products nowadays, and if you describe an actually good, but technically still in development, game as such, you're bound to give the wrong impression of it to others. Hence why I hesitate to use it when a game can be played from start to finish, or has enough content to be enjoyed for a good amount of time. Heck, even when talking about an actually unfinished game, if you use the word "unfinished" without further explanation it feels like you're saying it's "abandoned", which isn't necessarily true. Though this may just be my impression.

Basically the catch about language. Every once in a while, a word takes on a negative connotation simply because it's use to describe something that's bad more often than something good... even if by definition it should be neutral, and I can't help but feel the internet helps hasten the decline of words in this day and age.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Although I do know RD can potentially become unbeatable, I remember @twilitfalchion having the roughest of times on the final map.

Tbh, RD's challenge is probably one of the most difficult, yet fair challenges in the series. I would recommend normal, so long as you make sure to prepare sufficiently by grabbing important items that I missed like the Fortify staff. That staff alone would've made the final battle so much easier.

It's ultimately up to you, of course, but having battle saves (something that every FE should have) really makes Normal a lot easier to deal with.

6 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Throat still a bit sore, but it's better than the last couple days

Good to hear you're getting better. Take care of yourself. 👍

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I... didn't sleep a wink last night. A cold struck me with full force (and I know it's a cold, because I haven't been out in like two weeks), and, well, it's kinda ruined any prospect I had of sleeping well.

Hope you're feeling better.

It has allowed me to go on a creative spree and do this:
8tURknu.jpg

@The Roger The Paladin Here's Jagen!
I based the coloration of his armor off of his FE1 artwork, since the purple option in this game is too dark, and there aren't any pictures of his Shadow Dragon appearance aside from his portrait, so it was all I had to go on for his leg armor. I know it doesn't match 100%, but I tried making it look as close to the OG as possible.

Ey...nice!

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Unfortunate thing about pets really. No matter how much one loves them, their life span is what it is. One can only make sure they enjoy their time on this Earth as much as they can.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

--------

Morning, everyone. *waves*

Edited by twilitfalchion

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Bad RNG or Mia got promoted at level 10.

I believe he explained that she promoted at level 17, but those stats look terrible for that level! Poor Mia. 

Ah well, she's much more lovable in RD anyways so that's fine.

Merry Christmas Eve and good morning!

7 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Edelgard 😛

Honestly though, i could never bring myself to choose Edelgard xD

The harder part is choosing her route xD

I wonder what other Fire Emblem character(s) I could try to make...
Swordies are a bit tough, because the Rapier movesets are very geared to specific personality types that match none of the lords, and the other swords don't match the ones found in FE at all. Unless y'all want Ike shooting icicles (Ike-cicles?)

Dorothea!

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I have made my own christmas presents. Purchased Ys Origin and Fate/Extella for the Switch, both on sale right now.

Anyways I'll leave this place now and "celebrate" christmas with myself (mainly being for myself). So Merry Christmas to all who can celebrate and Merry Christmas to all who can't for whatever reason. Stay healthy!

Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Bad RNG or Mia got promoted at level 10.

55 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

believe he explained that she promoted at level 17, but those stats look terrible for that level! Poor Mia. 

Wraith is right, I promoted her at Lv.10 because waiting is for suckers.

I said it before but it's not like optimal stats actually matters outside of Apotheosis.

Good stats =/= optimal stats

Anyway, there’s nothing like a big map where you’ve run out of divine pulses to unnerve you. Thanks chapter 17 of Crimson Flower. Although I might not have won without a lucky Byleth crit...

On an unrelated note, it’s hard to not at least be swayed by Edelgard when she’s chanting such admirable ideals while fighting a dragon thing. Too bad it really isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good to hear you're getting better. Take care of yourself. 👍

thx^^

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

The harder part is choosing her route xD

Kinda xD

I mean, i player her route first, but while i was playing her route i was like ''What are we doing damn it'' xD

33 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean, i player her route first, but while i was playing her route i was like ''What are we doing damn it'' xD

I always felt like the BE route split should have given you more information.

8 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Can he even die?

If he has inbue, he definitely can't because he'll restore more HP than he takes from that poison.

I think he doesn't have imbue on easy mode, so he can die to poison there. Cn't be certain, though.

Good morning, everyone!

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man, Mekkah's last stream just hurts watching. So many bs moments thanks to shitty ambush spawns

What game was it?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'mma greeeeeeen unit!

I’m a sniper that can kill Byleth but will attack a Caspar at full health instead!