Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Well, final question before I'll leave this place to continue my Thracia thing:

Reveal hidden contents

Do you want to see a drunken Olivier in his support with Claude?

Sorry, a bonus question:

Reveal hidden contents

Shall I submit the support conversations to Joe Zieja?

Yes to both!

---

So... Fate/Extra.
I just killed a loli. One who was already dead, granted, but still.
Y5onpIr.png

Holy f***.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Apparently me saying  ‘Finally, I find that the ‘classics’ or ‘best of’ anime simply don’t hold a candle to the ‘classics’ or ‘best of’ genre fiction found in literature.’ means I’m racist towards the Japanese.

cause it kinda is a little racist. Think about what exactly you're saying there. Anime is the term used to describe Japanese animation. You're saying the best of Japanese animation is inherently inferior to that of western works of literature. Art of any form is a product of one's own culture so by saying that you are implying that Japanese art and culture is inferior to western culture.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

cause it kinda is a little racist. Think about what exactly you're saying there. Anime is the term used to describe Japanese animation. You're saying the best of Japanese animation is inherently inferior to that of western works of literature. Art of any form is a product of one's own culture so by saying that you are implying that Japanese art and culture is inferior to western culture.

That's a huge stretch to imply something like that. Wraith mentioned that he prefers literature to anime. Well, what about Japanese literary works? Anime isn't the only artistic contribution that the Japanese have made. There's Japanese music, artwork, written literature, non-animated Japanese movies and television, etc.

To make such a claim against someone needs more evidence than your personal interpretation of a statement.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Man, i wish Xenoblade X wasn't trapped in Wii U purgatory.

Time for emulation

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Me, I'll stick with Neptune for the time being.

Similiar thing here. I decided that all my pfps over here will be from Nep. Maybe not always Nep herself, but definetly the series

31 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

drunken Olivier

YES

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just killed a loli

F

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Umm, no. That's not how it works. He isn't saying anything about people because of their origin or ethnicity. He merely said he doesn't think anime is up to par.

Liking a fictional medium over another doesn't make someone racist. Except if you are watching nazi propaganda or something.

Edited by Shrimperor

36 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:
  Hide contents

Do you want to see a drunken Olivier in his support with Claude?

Sorry, a bonus question:

Reveal hidden contents

Shall I submit the support conversations to Joe Zieja?

Yes and yes. Drunken Olivier sounds like it would be hilarious.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's a huge stretch to imply something like that. Wraith mentioned that he prefers literature to anime. Well, what about Japanese literary works? Anime isn't the only artistic contribution that the Japanese have made. There's Japanese music, artwork, written literature, non-animated Japanese movies and television, etc.

To make such a claim against someone needs more evidence than your personal interpretation of a statement.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Umm, no. That's not how it works. He isn't saying anything about people because of their origin or ethnicity. He merely said he doesn't think anime is up to par.

Liking a fiction medium of another doesn't make someone racist. Except if you are watching nazi propaganda or something.

No where did I say that it's wrong for someone to dislike anime or the medium it operates under. If he had just simply said animation is inferior I wouldn't be saying this(even then I still have many many issues with that statement) because animation is a much broader medium that transcends culture but he singled out anime specifically as being inferior. Anime is a term used to describe japanese animation specifically meaning it is a product of japanese culture and artistic expression. To say it is inferior to western works of literature which is a product of western culture and artistic expression is a little racist because it implies that Japanese creators are inferior to western creators. In other words it's like saying one culture is inferior to another. He's completely dismissing the strengths of each individual medium to say one is better than another when no that's not how that works. No artistic medium is inherently superior or inferior to another one. It's fine to prefer one medium over another but that doesn't mean the medium you like is inhently superior to everything else. That's just pretentious.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Similiar thing here. I decided that all my pfps over here will be from Nep. Maybe not always Nep herself, but definetly the series

👍

---

The closer it is to the 28th, the more hyped I get. I think I know exactly what I'm doing tomorrow.

Just now, Ottservia said:

is a little racist because it implies that Japanese creators are inferior to western creators.

No. No it doesn't. Stop saying that. Calling someone racist is a very harsh insult to a person's character and there is no evidence to it being true. Your argument is completely illogical and unfounded.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

That's just pretentious.

Yes, your argument is, because you simply can't tolerate someone's opinion differing from yours, and if it does, you deride it as being not based in fact or (as you're doing now) as racist.

Man, i've been called SJW so much online i never thought i'd call someone out for using racist wrong xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

👍

---

The closer it is to the 28th, the more hyped I get. I think I know exactly what I'm doing tomorrow.

MegaNep!

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes, your argument is, because you simply can't tolerate someone's opinion differing from yours, and if it does, you deride it as being not based in fact or (as you're doing now) as racist.

No, I can tolerate someone else's opinions. What I can't tolerate is people making pretentious sounding and stupid statements like "Animation is an inferior medium to books and literature because I think they're better" or "this character is poorly written because I personally don't agree with them" or "This story is better than this one because I agree with it more" It's fine to have an opinion and it's fine to criticize things but please for the love god have your criticism actually make sense or like if you're gonna try and justify your opinion then please have it actually make sense. To say you don't like something is fine but to say something "isn't as good" as something else simply because you don't like it is another matter entirely.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Can you people take this somewhere else?

I didn't bring it here and I don't want it here.

Teehee thread isn't meant for this kind of discussion.

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

Can you people take this somewhere else?

Yeah sorry I got a little carried away with myself there. I'll stop though my DMs are open if anyone wants to discuss this further

To be fair, while it wasn't his intention, Wraith's use of the phrase "can't hold a candle to" does imply a condescension to the thing that can't "hold the candle". It does come of as disrespectful to the people who have dedicated their lives, passion, and work by saying their work will never be as good to someone else's. There's no interpretation to be made. The phrase only means one will never be as good as the other. There's no room for any other interpretation of the phrase.

At the same time, you guys are right in that the racist accusation was uncalled for since, while he singled out Japanese animation, he wasn't referring to Japanese media as a whole. Since his statement of literature would include Japanese literature as well, so the singling out of anime wasn't due to being Japanese. At least, as best I can see. So Otts' is wrong in this detail.

That's all I'll state on the matter as others want the discussion to stop.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

👍

---

While I wont get it day 1, I'm for sure getting it! As I'm also very excited for this!

21 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

To say you don't like something is fine but to say something "isn't as good" as something else simply because you don't like it is another matter entirely.

I dont care about the rest of the conversation, but this part. Isnt everyone like this to some degree? We cant help but be judgmental about things we dont like, it's how we are.

Thankfully I have no idea what some people were talking about.

Though it's reasoned with my lack on knowledge in anime since I never watched one aside of Tales of Zestiria X (unless watching cutscenes in JRPG counts as anime too).

Anyways I gave up with chapter 8 in Super Thracia.

I will see what my friend is going to do to get an impression.

@DragonFlames  @twilitfalchion  @Shrimperor

Alright!

The expected answer,

Now final question for today :

Spoiler

Do you want to see a drunken Claude?

Edited by Julian Teehee

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for emulation

I already tried. But maybe i just didn't have the right settings. I remember i had to fuck around a bit with the settings to get Xenosaga to emulate properly.

Perhaps i'll give Xenoblade X emulation a second go but i won't hold out on hope.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont care about the rest of the conversation, but this part. Isnt everyone like this to some degree? We cant help but be judgmental about things we dont like, it's how we are.

I'll keep this brief but there's a difference between saying "this thing is bad because I don't like it" vs saying "I don't like this thing because it doesn't appeal to me personally"

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

While I wont get it day 1, I'm for sure getting it! As I'm also very excited for this!

Nice! 🙂

13 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Now final question for today :

Reveal hidden contents

Do you want to see a drunken Claude?

That is another yes from me!
I imagine it would be funny!

---

Draggy's Random Ramblings, because for some reason, I felt like talking about it on here, too (major spoilers for Nights of Azure 2):

Spoiler

VBPjwpk.jpg

Malvasia is the main antagonist and final boss of Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon.
Basically her backstory is as follows:
She fell in love with a human named Alstromeria, but since Malvasia is a demon and humans tend to hate demons, their love was forbidden and so the two had to face a lot of slander, verbal and physical abuse, and ridicule for them being together. Alstromeria then fell victim to her despair and killed Malvasia in a botched attempt at a murder-suicide so the two could be together in death (a plan she never told Malvasia about, I might add). When Malvasia resurrected (because pure-blooded demons can never really die), she was just in time to find Alstromeria had already taken her own life in her grief and left a note addressed to her lover saying "If only I could be reborn as your heart." 
To top it all off, after all of that happened, Malvasia was also subjected to cruel experiments and torture by the resident religious organization known as the Curia, getting killed, dying, and resurrecting over and over again, which ultimately made her decide on going through with punishing humanity and plunging the world into an Eternal Night.
And to add insult to injury, Alstromeria's botched attempt at being together in death with the person she loved was later celebrated as Alstromeria having slain a pure-blooded demon in a single strike, something that is normally impossible for a regular human to achieve in the NoA universe.

Also, due to those experiments, she basically ends up an emotionless shell of her former self, only really reacting to the protagonist's presence, because Aluche (said protagonist's name) looks exactly like Alstromeria, to the point where it's thought that Aluche is her reincarnation. She intends to fuse herself with Aluche's (who had become a half-demon due to Malvasia killing her at the beginning of the game) heart to become complete once again. being reborn as the New Moon Queen, and in a way, to reunite with her former lover.
This also makes Aluche the titular Bride of the New Moon, whereas the whole game, you think it's Aluche's friend, Liliana.

Also, her (battle) themes are amazing:

Omen
Malvasia
Lucia (which is also my absolute favorite theme in video games period)

32 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

drunken Claude?

YES

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I already tried. But maybe i just didn't have the right settings. I remember i had to fuck around a bit with the settings to get Xenosaga to emulate properly.

F

i might give it a try after i finish XB

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Draggy's Random Ramblings, because for some reason, I felt like talking about it on here, too (major spoilers for Nights of Azure 2):

F for the couple

Prejudices is bad.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

wat

getting into political arguements online are oof 90% of the time. Imagine an example like the one you posted above but irl

Spoiler

instead of Demon x Human, it's people from different origins together.

being pro equality and defending stuff like that can get you alot of hate, especially from alt-right people.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

F for the couple

F

That backstory is largely why she's my favorite antagonist in all of fiction.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Prejudices is bad.

Absolutely!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

getting into political arguements online are oof 90% of the time. Imagine an example like the one you posted above but irl

Reveal hidden contents

instead of Demon x Human, it's people from different origins together.

being pro equality and defending stuff like that can get you alot of hate, especially from alt-right people.

Those people a f***ing dumb, seriously.

Got a new dog, well someone I live with did. I didn't exactly want it, but as I told them, they pick the dog and in time, I'll fall in love, I need time to warm up to them. And in this case, the dog, an adopted one, has heartworm and scabies right now. The heartworm means I can't get the dog excited, because that will pump more worm throughout its circulatory system, and the scabies it has is the kind thats can cross species and infect humans. But given a month or two the treatments it has been on for a while will be completed and these early rough days will eventually become a distant memory eclipsed by many more ones of purest joy. It's already rolling outside in the grass after over a year of life wandering over the hot dirt of Texas.

I question why they rushed into getting a dog with these health issues yet to be resolved, but they've been looking for months and turned down every, single, time. COVID-19 I've read has led to a surge in adoptions because people are bored and want something to keep entertained at home with. Although going and meeting the dogs in-person is more difficult now.

I'll also confess, that if said person had gotten a dog that more serious issues- like missing an eye or total blindness as they had considered at a point, I probably wouldn't have been willing to bear with it. That sounds very cruel and callous on my part, shame on me! I'm sorry to say it, but I admit I am no saint, I'd go further and claim I'm probably less of a saintly nature than the average person. I cannot bear the sight of such real wretchedness, the superficial ugliness of the most unfortunate, I want to look away as selfish and escapist as that is. I appreciate those that can, those who can take up the weight of constant sadness and despair and the outwardly hideous form it takes and offer their all-too-short lives to it instead of the pursuit of painless delight. Unless I myself were among those terrible numbers, or I were forced to see them, I would look away. Barring perhaps a donation to charity so I could deceive myself as kind, yet remain aloof from the sorrow, for truest kindness lay in working in the trenches.

---

Factory 1.21 is open, Tree Clan is rescued, the Orpheans can multiply, and a Definian has betrayed all that is good. Next up, I'm about to "help" a "concerned citizen" named Alex, I wonder what a man who has expressed prior xenophobia you don't get away with calling Fei a convoluted spineless Mary Sue! would want with me?:rolleyes:

Right now, I've finished Commando and have started Winged Viper after completing the bottom third of the Class tree, mastering it will get me Hellhound. The CP gain has slowed with the slowing of my normal leveling on reaching the high 20s and low 30s. Probably because enemies aren't quite as easy to kill now. Almost everyone has learned all their Arts and Skills now, so I will be free to bring who I wish from here on out without that bothering me.

Oh, and it isn't just a joking threat, NPCs seem to confirm that Prone have eaten Nopon before. Do I noponder their fat content?

The Ma-non Ship's space thrusters got damaged at some point, probably during the mysterious accident that caused them to descend to Mira. Must be why they haven't tried to leave the planet yet, unaware that Mira is certain to stop them.

And, the Orphe have great natural regenerative properties, rip off a limb and it'll start healing and come back in two days one told me. A nice counterbalance to their physical fragility and in-line their almost-instantaneous reproduction. The same Orphean or one next to them said that the Orpheans have been multiplying via the Ovah for "several thousands of years". Given the memory inheritance and intelligence, the Orphe should know their biological origins well. But "several thousand" is so vague, do they mean 5000 or 100000? Though I've yet to start the quest that results in the Betaforms, this early on, the Orpheans have already taken notice of abnormally high genetic variance in their Miran offspring, and one green Orphe is displaying some deviation from their emphasis on rationality. And, while five Orpheans made it to NLA and I remember there were two others that didn't come but were held by the Ganglion, the Ganglion had captured more than this. Due to their physical weakness they were put at the bottom of the Ganglion hierarchy and hence they were abused died.

And I never noticed before, but if you press any button while one of the panoramas is happening on the title screen, the logo and title options will be laid atop the still-moving panorama instead of returning to the default title screen as I thought it would. Kinda cool to have the big blue X over the scenery. This is true even of the opening war over Earth.

Besides stopping Alex, Yelv is a few microns short of 2 Hearts, his 2nd Affinity Mission (including his recruitment one) requires level 28, I'm currently 33. I want this done because Essence Exchange, that anti-noob Art removes any tedium of building up TP to prep Overdrive for another battle.

---

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

You could do that or you can activate Overdrive and just erase things from existence in a matter of seconds.

I really want to play X one day, combat looks absolutely bonkers.

They're level 45 and they did that? That rules out any possibility of having just loaded up on XX Augments, and yet that did that. Whut? I need to get a lot stronger obviously. I've melted a few things so far, but that quickly has not happened yet on Tyrants near my level. 

I can tell the model has to be Candid & Credible on those guns, but I think they're the Gravity ones? No Core Crusher here then, even better.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think that with Tertiary Cooldowns, Xenoblade X has the fastest combat in the series. But you really can't take advanatage of that until later in the game, especially since Overdrive doesn't unlock until Ch.5 iirc (and the chapters in Xenoblade X and 2 are longer unlike Xenoblade 1 which isn't really chapter-structured when you think about it). Whereas Xenoblade 2 and Torna's quick cooldown strats can be achieved from the start of the game and the options only increase from there so while X probably has the fastest combat once you can take advantage of it, 2/Torna is more consistent about it. Think speed vs acceleration in Mario Kart, if that's a good analogy. @Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo care to weigh in on this, since you guys have actually played X?

Correct on the unlock timing, Overdrive isn't available until the completion of Chapter 5, the designated spot where its icon goes is right there in the middle of the Arts palette from your first battle, but nothing fills it. Cross has to remember something it takes Chapter 5 to recall before Overdrive enters their mind (never mind why no one else can do it beforehand, or why L or Celica can use it at all).

As I've taken note, swap to controlling Elma (or Phog- but I still need to test him) and you can go into infinite nonstop Overdrive as soon as you're done with Chapter 5. With her full kit unlocked, your Full Metal Jaguar has everything she needs to get flying. Cross can copy Elma by going Commando-Winged Viper-FMJ, but that'll take slightly longer to get to.

I haven't experimented yet, but besides the Dual Swords & Guns line, everything else has more of an uphill battle to an amazing Overdrive, they don't get the very useful Hellhound and Phantom Counter skills (which Cross can use with any weapons once learned- skills aren't tied to weapons), and they mostly don't deal as many hits as fast. I intend to play with Alexa and H.B. more, because the Ramjet Rifle I know can sustain them (and Gwin, Irina, and Cross) from postgame experimentation on my first file, but I need to see it more in practice in here.

And of course, no tutorial to Overdrive except in the manual. Chain Attacks are relatively well-explained in XC1 and 2, even if the addition of Blade Combos and Full Burst may take a few minutes to grasp. A Chain Attack performed even if you don't understand the mechanic very well, ought to be much better than an Overdrive equally not understood.

As for chapter length, the first few chapters of XCX are actually very short. Prologue is walking up to NLA, Chapter 1 is the entirely peaceful overview to NLA, Chapter 2 is setting a single probe and a battle. Chapter 3 is the intro to Ganglion and the base in Primordia is but a short trip from NLA. Chapter 4 is where "long breaks of questing and exploration between the story chapters" starts taking hold. Chapter 5 I considered a difficulty spike in my ongoing log, but it's only these two chapters that really hold you back from getting Overdrive.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Got a new dog, well someone I live with did. I didn't exactly want it, but as I told them, they pick the dog and in time, I'll fall in love, I need time to warm up to them. And in this case, the dog, an adopted one, has heartworm and scabies right now. The heartworm means I can't get the dog excited, because that will pump more worm throughout its circulatory system, and the scabies it has is the kind thats can cross species and infect humans. But given a month or two the treatments it has been on for a while will be completed and these early rough days will eventually become a distant memory eclipsed by many more ones of purest joy. It's already rolling outside in the grass after over a year of life wandering over the hot dirt of Texas.

Hopefully the treatments work and the dog will be healthy soon!