Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right, thank you. Unfortunate that I'm committed to trying out Silvanister when Shrimpy finishes Vestaria 1, because I'm feeling like that second attempt may be in order soon enough.

To be fair I could very well be talking out my ass on all this.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

MGYW2Fs.png

this just happened lmao

Should it be harder to capture someone in that much armour?

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

MGYW2Fs.png

this just happened lmao

And then the game just vanishes their super awesome rings so you can't do the haha funny strategy with Starlight.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, as per series tradition in Metroid, when the final boss goes bye, get out before BOOM! If you deviate off the escape path for a moment and go into the room where the first fake Chozo Statue  (Torizo) battle happened, you can save a few nice Zebesian creatures from their demise. This happens to be canon according to Fusion.

Yeah, i figured that'd be the case after the space station at the beginning of the game blows up.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Unit death: "I am inevitable".

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you need to consider this is Kaga we're talking about. Something like you described wouldn't be so out of place in a game of his.

That's not a good thing then.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I actually used to think like you, but i played the game and the hitrates can really played around using your unit skills...

Yeah like when i had to use Dean's Desperation to get a hit-rate above 80.

And then he got Crippled....

Roaring Twenties indeed.

AZxK8n5.png

France feels confident that third time's the charm to recover the Alsace-Lorriane. Considering it has both Austria-Hungary and Russia on its side.

I'm allied to both France and Germany.

Both want me to join the war on their side.

... ...

... ... ...

57rhvx.jpg

So! As Central Europe becomes a meat grinder, in other news...

B8ztvdE.png

Ottomans still be having trouble with their Arab subjects.

Normally, A-H would side with the Ottomans, but right now they're at war, as is most of the European GP's. No one came to side with the Ottomans. Even I rejected their plea. Meanwhile...

LLCIICR.png

The Syrians are now coming to me. I took the chace, to get some foothold in the Middle East. So, what happens if one side gets GP support, but not the other?

GGyekFm.png

GP side wins by default. Now Syria is a client state of mine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Speaking of second attempts, ever since Ruben’s Awakening run I’ve been feeling like Awakening might deserve a second chance. Rotating through units is a good way to get curbstomped by the difficult curve, and though I don’t think it’s really possible for me to love the game or anything, I might have a more accurate impression of it. But then I think about like any paralogue and a few chapters and I’m just like... no.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhh, I think I get the 2000 IQ play that 06 proposed. If I'm not mistaken, branch of fate just loads the latest chapter 6 save but with a new Corrin, right? So what he's saying is, make a speed-focused Corrin, level them up all the way to chapter 6, then recreate Corrin with a magic boon. Now that is genius.

Wait would that work @Maof06? Is Branch of Fate just based off of your Corrin’s stats the last time you went there?

56 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I'm sorry, man. I'm just allergic to hitrates below 80%. That's why I haven't played BinBla to this day.

Don’t play hard mode and don’t use axes and you’ll be mostly fine. It’s a good game, overall (imo of course).

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait would that work @Maof06? Is Branch of Fate just based off of your Corrin’s stats the last time you went there?

Well, that one youtuber I linked about Fates a while back is actually doing a series on the opening and there's a description of how that works in the first episode. Honestly finding the video was a happy coincidence.

Man, i love how inconsistent the game is with it's reinforcements lol

some are ambush, some aren't, and most of them are assassins with ~25 AS that can't be hit due to their evasion and bybass your def. And the map is just one big hiding information for the sake of it. Even if i have it figured it out by now, this feels like an overcomplex version of Thracia's final map for no reason than for Kaga wanting to hide information again.  Not to mention it takes like ~15 turns until any combat actually happens.

I think this is honestly the most i've been ''meh'ing'' on a final map

Edited by Shrimperor

aj67iRd.png

Oh snap, France is going for the yugular.

In the following months quite a few other war goals were added. For all of Germany's power, even it can't fight 3 fellow GP's at the same time... while they're all its neighbors. Even with having allies to serve as distraction. Romania came to their side as well. It could fight two at once, but not three apparently.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Benice, join us in convincing 06 to play Berwick Saga.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I'm sorry, man. I'm just allergic to hitrates below 80%. That's why I haven't played BinBla to this day.

I mean, Shrimpy also doesn't like games with low hitrates and it didn't affect him as much. Berwick Saga is a different beast from any FE. You can't really compare it to something like Binding Blade. But, well, again, you do what you feel is best.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

MGYW2Fs.png

this just happened lmao

Yes! Gigas axe! Utterly useless!

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I gave it a shot earlier, and yes, Branch of Fate does just load the chapter 6 state of your last run but with a new Corrin. I mean, I suppose it's better than just predefined stats...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

think this is honestly the most i've been ''meh'ing'' on a final map

O O F

And here I thought I was a weirdo... You're weird at being weird!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It. Is. Done.

ng4bRE9.png

Instead of wanting to get more war score for everything they wanted, it seems the French alliance settled only for this. Which was a good thing for Germany's allies, since Russia wanted the portion of Bessarabia that Romania holds and to dismantle fortifications in Norway, and Bulgaria wanted the rest of Dobruja. So they get to come out of this unscathed... but Germany does not.

Tsk. Not quite WWI this was. Since no GP came to help Germany, this didn't become a Great War. The war didn't lasted a year so the soldiers do get to come back home for Christmas.

Not quite the War to End All Wars, but it came close to it. Now, let's see what fate awaits Germany...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And here I thought I was a weirdo... You're weird at being weird!

does that make me normal or weird^2?

But seriously, compare Berwick's final map to Vestaria's, for example.

In Berwick you also have stuff to do all around the map from the beginning but you are in the meat of the combat, so to say, with no moment rest.

In Vestaria it feels more like a lever simulator, and a wait simulator until my units finally appear somewhere. And aside from that one lever the game tells you about via red house, you don't know which lever does what. Not to mention it's very unclear where your units can go and where they can't. 

I am half expecting one of the levers to be a trap lol.

And yeah i probably have to search for the holy Sword in one of 16 treasure chests, or something

Holy-- Wait, not only are there DLC ballisticians in Fates, there's also Sierra-like witches!?

Goodness, is Conquest the best FE or what? I definitely need to try these out in my next run. Fuck balance, I want my infinitely warping witch.

Actually, I can make Edgy Kabba into a witch. Yeah... She's gone from utterly useless archer to destroyer of armies mage. The obvious evolution into Edgiest Ka would be to become an infinitely warping, army destroying witch!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

does that make me normal or weird^2?

But seriously, compare Berwick's final map to Vestaria's, for example.

In Berwick you also have stuff to do all around the map from the beginning but you are in the meat of the combat, so to say, with no moment rest.

In Vestaria it feels more like a lever simulator, and a wait simulator until my units finally appear somewhere. And aside from that one lever the game tells you about via red house, you don't know which lever does what. Not to mention it's very unclear where your units can go and where they can't. 

I am half expecting one of the levers to be a trap lol.

Well, this is fair enough. To be honest, as impressive as Vestaria's final map was, I do think I kinda like Berwick's better? I don't know, I just love that final room, and Chaos is a legitimately powerful boss, which is a rarity in these games.

I mean... As long as you don't have a RNG-blessed Faye. In my Ironman she was exactly 1 point of damage short of one-rounding him with Astra. It was quite the sight to behold.

And yeah i probably have to search for the holy Sword in one of 16 treasure chests, or something

Actually, there's a way to know which one it is for sure. So don't worry about that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy-- Wait, not only are there DLC ballisticians in Fates, there's also Sierra-like witches!?

Goodness, is Conquest the best FE or what? I definitely need to try these out in my next run. Fuck balance, I want my infinitely warping witch.

They can only warp to a tile adjacent to an ally, so no freedom of choice.

LnWrFhW.png

Wait, what is this!?

Uh, let's see... a rump Bavaria was released, which became a A-H satellite. Russia annexed OTL!Kaliningrad. Luxembourg was released, as was Schleswig. But the most surprising thing is that Silesia-Poznan-Pomerania buffer zone between Germany and Russia. And Danzig, which became a Russian satellite. Despite this, Germany still hold on to an enclave in the east, sandwiched between Russia and the buffer zone. That's... interesting, to say the least. Also Germnay lost its cores in the Alscase-Lorraine, so no more free CB for that.

Moving on...

x0NmEIs.png

Now this is curious too. Usually, colonies get redistributed between the winning GP's. Now, in this timeline, Germany only had Namibia, since I took Djibouti from them decades ago. It seems, however, that they released it as a satellite, rather than switching hands. Curious.

ymspL57.png

Germany got kicked in the teeth, but make no mistake. This was no Versailles. They remain strong, as the sixth-ranking GP. Prestige is on the floor, their military got slashed for the time being, but they remain an industrial powerhouse.

Chances aren't high this Germany will follow the same footstep of the historical one... but we'll see.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well Conquest Witches are not as broken as Sierra. They don't have infinite warp range but they can Warp next to any player unit.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, this is fair enough. To be honest, as impressive as Vestaria's final map was, I do think I kinda like Berwick's better? I don't know, I just love that final room, and Chaos is a legitimately powerful boss, which is a rarity in these games.

Yeah. Plus, HSoS has a map which does levers correctly. It's a good time. I like Ch20, but it's got problems, and needed some ironing out. 

Really, HSoS is similar in that the last 5 maps are kinda awesome, but it's definitely more consistent there. 

Moving on, Post-War Europe keep trucking on...

O8OjbnP.png

Pft, as if France didn't had enough GP allies. Germany is quickly clawing its way back up securing the alliances of the rest.

eboWeId.png

I guess it's time to implement Prohibition. Okay, not that extreme... maybe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I gave it a shot earlier, and yes, Branch of Fate does just load the chapter 6 state of your last run but with a new Corrin. I mean, I suppose it's better than just predefined stats...

Branch of Fate maintains chapters 1-5 growths while adjusting their bases according to the new boon/bane.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ophelia breaks the game as a witch if she has Vantage.

Also, @Shrimperor and @Saint Rubenio, I just bought Vestaria (and Trails too). I hope the game's good, because I plan to complete it really quickly (Vestaria, not Trails).

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I can make Edgy Kabba into a witch. Yeah... She's gone from utterly useless archer to destroyer of armies mage. The obvious evolution into Edgiest Ka would be to become an infinitely warping, army destroying witch!

After the events of Awakening, Edgy Kabba realized that good game design wasn’t the friends we made along the way, so she returned to Fateslandia even edgier.

Edited by Sooks

gafItAS.png

Great. This was the outcome I wanted. Thus, Congo returns back to the fold...

Hw3BX4j.png

Guess I was wrong. Colony redistribution happened after all, and it went to France. Though I guess the map labels need time to update, but it has both French/German Namibia superimposed on each other, heh.