Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Jokes aside, it's a very wholesome slice-of-life anime. The couple I posted earlier are the main characters.

One of my favorites, tbh.

I'm glad you enjoy it. It's probably very pleasant. However, I'm afraid you lost me at slice-of-life. That's not the kind of show I enjoy, personally.

Ah, well best of luck to you going forward.

So far Frey was the one that hurt the most. With Arran there's always the silver lining that he wants to die in battle, but Frey's also one of my favorites and I can't seem to ever use him, because every time I try he always dies for one reason or another and I end up using Leiden for the billionth time. Urgh...

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm glad you enjoy it. It's probably very pleasant. However, I'm afraid you lost me at slice-of-life. That's not the kind of show I enjoy, personally.

Understandable. It's definitely not for everyone.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

knI4iUe.jpg

Got an ego so inflated it could lift him to the moon...

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice. Congratulations. ^^

Thank you! 

I finally completed Critical Mode (my 2nd playthrough obv) 

And my final opinion... It sucks. A lot. KH III's gameplay flaws make it rough. 

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

This thread has recently had less movement.

Because I’m not playing anything right now which means I post less, and I obviously hold the thread together.

I just invited a bombardment of being told what to play, didn’t I?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Blinded by his blessedness, I put Wrys in range of a dragon to lure it closer without checking how much damage he took first.

He was 2 damage away from dying. My heart fucking jumped.

Ruben, the inquisition will do what it needs to to survive. I know you’re tempted to kill the final boss with Wrys again, they know.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Roberto has survived his first map. He has also gained good gains.

Estoy orgulloso de ti, Rober.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

Too bad I didn’t learn orgulloso in school Spanish. I will use my deductive reasoning abilities to conclude that it means the Spanish Inquisition, because nobody expects it.

Edited by Sooks

Got an ego so inflated it could lift him to the moon...

Yep! It's actually part of what makes him kinda hilarious, because, as Ruben said, the guy is completely inept. XD

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you! 

I finally completed Critical Mode (my 2nd playthrough obv) 

And my final opinion... It sucks. A lot. KH III's gameplay flaws make it rough. 

Ooof.
I hope you enjoyed it at least a little bit!

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just invited a bombardment of being told what to play, didn’t I?

Danganronpa
Dragon Star Varnir
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Blue Reflection
Nights of Azure
Shadow of the Colossus
Okami
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Atelier Rorona (and then Totori, Meruru, and Lulua)
Atelier Sophie
Atelier Ryza
any Neptunia game

There you go!

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

B. Saga.

Already done.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Etrian Odyssey

I didn’t like the gameplay of the demo on the 3DS I played, but I do still think that making your own team and stuff is really cool.

Shadow of the Colossus

I didn’t like the first ten minutes I played and only bought the game for less than 20 bucks.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I didn’t like the gameplay of the demo on the 3DS I played, but I do still think that making your own team is really cool.

I didn’t like the first ten minutes I played and only bought the game for less than 20 bucks.

Dangit.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Dangit.

I mean, I might’ve just been bad, it was the first colossus (I think) and you have to like climb its leg and stab the glowy bits, but I just kept getting thrown off.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

knI4iUe.jpg

He's just wonderful.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Understandable. It's definitely not for everyone.

What?! An internet discussion between two people with different opinions that was... civilized?!

Unnacceptable!

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben, the inquisition will do what it needs to to survive. I know you’re tempted to kill the final boss with Wrys again, they know.

I'll give him Gharnef, not the final boss.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too bad I didn’t learn orgulloso in school Spanish. I will use my deductive reasoning abilities to conclude that it means the Spanish Inquisition, because nobody expects it.

Proud. It means proud.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Already done.

No, the other one.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

What?! An internet discussion between two people with different opinions that was... civilized?!

Unnacceptable!

Uh...uh...

YOU SUCK!

There...is that good enough?

762762349072351282.png?v=1

----------

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I might’ve just been bad, it was the first colossus (I think) and you have to like climb its leg and stab the glowy bits, but I just kept getting thrown off.

Ah, I see!
Yeah, it did take some time for me to get used to the controls, too (I took like, eight tries to beat the first one.)
The game is largely about managing your stamina and figuring out how to defeat each boss with what stamina you have. Though you aren't exactly timed on any of the fights, so you can take as long as you want/need to kill them.
... Until Time Attack Mode is unlocked and you pick that, of course.

To anyone who doesn't know what I'm talkin' bout:
xrftkXq.jpg

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's just wonderful.

XD

Uh...uh...

YOU SUCK!

There...is that good enough?

762762349072351282.png?v=1

----------

Not really, we still have to argue for another 4 pages.

Just now, Sooks said:

Why wouldn’t you recommend the good one?

They're both the good one.

l6thASo.png

Livin on the edge

Gjk4rJ7.png#

close close 

GwH4fqS.png

Guarding on the edge lol

Well, i wasn't able to beat the Boss rush. After 3 Hours full of high speed actions, retries and game overs (since most fights last ~5 minuts at most), my hands just gave up haha

xudveZl.png

I am happy with what i achieved today tho, especially since these bosses are not designed to be fought solo haha

But, @Sooks, don't think I'm trying to coerce you into playing it or giving it another go, if you decided it's not for you!
Just tryin' to give you some spoiler-free tips in case you want them!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

l6thASo.png

Livin on the edge

Gjk4rJ7.png#

close close 

GwH4fqS.png

Guarding on the edge lol

Well, i wasn't able to beat the Boss rush. After 3 Hours full of high speed actions, retries and game overs (since most fights last ~5 minuts at most), my hands just gave up haha

xudveZl.png

I am happy with what i achieved today tho, especially since these bosses are not designed to be fought solo haha

Ayy, congrats, Shrimpy! ^^

I've in general been enjoying Atelier Firis a lot more than Atelier Sophie, which is good, seems the Mysterious trilogy has made an improvement. Characters still feel on the weaker side unfortunately although Firis is probably the most precious of the Atelier MCs.

.....actually i've noticed this but both of the Mysterious games i've played have the same thing when it comes to it's characters: The MC is good as is her supporting character. In Sophie's case, that's Plachta. In Firis' case, that's Lianne.

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reminder that this will be on the Switch in the foreseeable future:
ZGcyRzV.jpg

For spoiler reasons, I removed the names.

Aw fuck, i've cut myself with all this edge.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, that'd be Epcot. Not so cool for kids because it's visually boring.

I've always like Epcot the most ever since i was a kid.

But nowadays, Disney theme parks aren't even my first choice. They're all weak compared to the vastly superior Islands of Adventure. If y'all ever find yourself in Florida and you wanna visit a theme park (preferably post-pandemic), make Islands your #1 choice. Easily the best Central Florida has to offer.

RPG elements in Metroidvanias become bad if...

• Leveling becomes too important.

True.

Although I've crappy reflexes normally, so I haven't been able to judge if it's me or the game that is to blame.

At least Metroid bosses do go down pretty quickly.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

just invited a bombardment of being told what to play, didn’t I?

Hey let me tell you about CrossCode.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Atelier Rorona (and then Totori, Meruru, and Lulua)

Totori can be skipped, i wouldn't wish even my worst enemy to play that game.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shadow of the Colossus

This one has Kaiju so i will probably play when i finally get my PS4 next month hopefully.

Or rather, i'll put it on the list. First PS4 game i'm gonna play is 13 Sentinels.

I'm getting into Ch18 of DD now. Yeah, most of these maps are either bad or uninteresting. Not to mention it has pulled the same trick twice, where after you complete the main objective it suddenly becomes an Arrive map in some other place but it doesn't matter since the map is already cleared out and any threat they may put in is ten miles away and/or incredibly non-threatening. Way to not waste my time or anything, guys.

Also, the enemy quality is starting to spike. Hard. Even my most accurate units have like 50 hit on Tricksters, who have 1~2 range (even if the enemy ranges don't fucking show the 2-range).

The only semi-decent maps so far have been Ch5 (the portals mechanic made me actually use my brain), Ch13 (the river terrain choice is odd but it tries with having an actual side objective) and maybe Ch15, which, well, isn't a good map, but it's neat. Beyond those though the whole game has suffered greatly from the disease of every map feeling like a room or series of rooms of just killing enemies and little else. And from the brief snippets from the Excelblem video, it looks like it's about to get far, far worse. Ch14 already rivaled HSoS Ch11 in its pure shittiness (ch14 at least isn't escape all, but HSoS Ch11 actually has reinforcements that can be a threat), so I can only imagine how bad some maps will get. 

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

But, @Sooks, don't think I'm trying to coerce you into playing it or giving it another go, if you decided it's not for you!
Just tryin' to give you some spoiler-free tips in case you want them!

I understand!