• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffft... How appropriate. I wonder if that was intentional.

Who knows?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why did that quote Draggy and not Armagon...

Because Serenes Forest is drunk sometimes. XD

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He was 2 damage away from dying. My heart fucking jumped.

You have avoided fate for now.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Because Serenes Forest is drunk sometimes. XD

Especially on mobile.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddamnit, someone's gonna die. No... Not again! 06 is going to send me lews and I don't wanna...!

It's not a lewd, the lady is fully clothed.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Maof06 this is all your fault, I'm gonna start calling you by the first part of your nickname with the sole intention to mildly annoy you.

I ask you to call me 06 for simplicity sake, I don't really care what you call me.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll be waiting for the next death, Ruben

We'll be waiting.

You know, now that I'm finally playing Metroid games, I can truly appreciate how good the genre is at it's purest. I've played Metroidvanias before but most of them add RPG elements. And while that's not a bad thing, it does change how the game is played.

But Metroid is the genre at it's purest. Only other Metroidvanias I've played that are on this same level of pureness are the Blaster Master Zero games.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

We'll be waiting.

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9_1.jpeg

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good luck

Thanks thanks

So far i reached the midway point boss of the game. Didn't expect to last that long, i am now trying to go all in until final boss 😄

Said midway boss i am pretty sure @DragonFlames

would use as pfp if he ever reaches him

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Stop killing your units, Ruben. Do you want more anime in your sight?

a9CRIQB.jpg

Best Girl!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Said midway boss i am pretty sure @DragonFlames

would use as pfp if he ever reaches him

Oh?~
My curiosity is peaked!

That reminds me! What Ys game is that one dragon that guest starred in Dragon Star Varnir from?
I don't remember what the thing was called, but I'm pretty sure it came from Ys (at least that's what I remember you mentioning... I think).

Edited by DragonFlames

Roberto has survived his first map. He has also gained good gains.

Estoy orgulloso de ti, Rober.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

OH BUT THERE IS.

IMPOSSIBLE

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have avoided fate for now.

Wrys be like:

Chhwsoii o

RNG blessing, son. It raises stats in response to experience trauma. You can't hurt me, enemies.

Honestly though if this continues he might actually be able to kill Gharnef, which I was not expecting at all, his growths are in like the 30s, how is this guy still better than Arlen in every way

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's not a lewd, the lady is fully clothed.

Lewd enough.

I ask you to call me 06 for simplicity sake, I don't really care what you call me.

I will call you That Guy That Sends Me Unrequested Lewds.

We'll be waiting.

Okay guys, I have an announcement to make, I have decided to stop sharing my FE12 chill run with the thread--

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay guys, I have an announcement to make, I have decided to stop sharing my FE12 chill run with the thread--

So you don't give us any choice but to post anime periodically in this thread...

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

So you don't give us any choice but to post anime periodically in this thread...

Okay guys, I have an announcement to make, I have decided to resume sharing my FE12 chill run with the thread--

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That reminds me! What Ys game is that one dragon that guest starred in Dragon Star Varnir from?
I don't remember what the thing was called, but I'm pretty sure it came from Ys (at least that's what I remember you mentioning... I think).

The 2 drafons were from Trails actually, not Ys

One from Sky, the other from Rean's Black hole saga

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The 2 drafons were from Trails actually, not Ys

One from Sky, the other from Rean's Black hole saga

Oh! I thought for sure the one dragon that is not a variation of this guy
IkuflCW.jpg

was from Ys, somehow! My bad! XP

IMPOSSIBLE

WATCH HORIMIYA YOU DASTARD

*ahem*

*cough*

Uh, what was I saying?

I think I heard a noise...

Let me go check.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay guys, I have an announcement to make, I have decided to resume sharing my FE12 chill run with the thread--

838429122753593345.png?v=1

Just fought Serris in Metroid Fusion and that reminds me, @Interdimensional Observer, I think bosses in Metroid are generally just kinda hard to avoid sometimes. It doesn't have to do with your reflexes.

I mean, Super Metroid had the ghost boss and I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid hits from that.

Anyways, I killed Serris but then the X-parasite killed me and i get to do the fight all over again yippee.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reminder that this will be on the Switch in the foreseeable future:
ZGcyRzV.jpg

For spoiler reasons, I removed the names.

I NEED names.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I have a phobia of them because i saw the fucking Bug's Life thing at Animal Kingdom and it was in 3D and I was like 6 and the shots of the wasps legitimately terrified me.

I agree that ride is bad. I acted a little immaturely when I was forced into it years ago, thankfully I was in my early teens or something so, it wasn't that traumatic.

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Coincidentally, Animal Kingdom is the worst of the Disney theme parks so I've never gone back.

Actually, that'd be Epcot. Not so cool for kids because it's visually boring. And for adults- have you seen how poorly the "World Showcase" showcases the world?

Represented.:

• USA- Not really needed in the country itself- Disney is America by itself. We've already too self-centered and ignorant of the world.
  • United Kingdom- I get it, same language so readily approachable for Americans, but distinctly European, so exotic.
  • Canada- I wish I was joking. Why do we need this to represent more of North America and the Anglosphere? Australia would be a better choice, or better, South Africa.
  • China
  • Japan- Having two of the East Asia three is fine when Japan has been geopolitically powerful in the past century, and China has never been not important.
  • France- Continental European country with prominence for centuries.
  • Germany- Same as the above.
  • Italy ...Not relevant since the Renaissance, is Europe 4 necessary? A place to sell cheap pizza for the kiddies?
  • Norway- Now this is uncalled for, since when was Norway last important? Kill it.
  • Mexico- 463 million people apparently speak Spanish as a native language globally, it deserves exactly one country to represent it.
  • Morocco- The only country to represent all of Africa and the Arab world!

Parts of the world that don't exist.:

• Central and South America. An entire continent and more.
  • The Caribbean
  • Russia or Slavic or Eastern Europe. Europe has a West, a North, a South, maybe a Center, but noooo East.
  • Sub-Saharan Africa- The Animal Kingdom and the Lion King aren't true Epcot representation, they're pure safari fantasies. (And why Morocco and not Egypt? Not that Morocco is bad, Egypt is simply the best first pick of the Maghreb.)
  • Southwest Asia/Middle East- No Arab countries, no Turkey, no Iran formerly known as Persia (I would be fine with Jewish representation too, but Israel... too controversial.).
  • India +1 billion people don't exist. Nor Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sir Lanka, nor Nepal or Tibet- South Asia.
  • Southeast Asia- Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia the most populous Muslim country on Earth, and the Philippines.
  • Oceania and Australia- The Polynesian hotel is the best you get.
  • And Tengri forbid anyone remembers Central Eurasia! (To be fair, it's been geopolitical backwater minus Afghanistan since the fall of the Mongols, or the Qing at best. None of the three little forgettable countries of the Caucasus either.)

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, now that I'm finally playing Metroid games, I can truly appreciate how good the genre is at it's purest. I've played Metroidvanias before but most of them add RPG elements. And while that's not a bad thing, it does change how the game is played.

RPG elements in Metroidvanias become bad if...

• Leveling becomes too important.
  • Or grinding for completion's sake is a thing. These games are best as swift adventures, and grinding muddles that.

...Or so I think.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just fought Serris in Metroid Fusion and that reminds me, @Interdimensional Observer, I think bosses in Metroid are generally just kinda hard to avoid sometimes. It doesn't have to do with your reflexes.

I mean, Super Metroid had the ghost boss and I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid hits from that.

Anyways, I killed Serris but then the X-parasite killed me and i get to do the fight all over again yippee.

First the bolded- the second phase to every Fusion boss fight does add... something to the experience, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I think I get what you're saying about dodging. Although I've crappy reflexes normally, so I haven't been able to judge if it's me or the game that is to blame. I guess it's a flaw that Metroidvanias with consumable healing items on can hide, since said items if stocked up usually break the challenge of games.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

WATCH HORIMIYA YOU DASTARD

Horiwhat

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

*ahem*

*cough*

Uh, what was I saying?

I think I heard a noise...

Let me go check.

It's the sound of Ruben beating another map without casualties and dunking on all the looming lewders.

...Well, to be fair, it was a sidequest, and I'll admit, I've been ditching the Ironman idea in those. Short, puzzle-like levels don't lend themselves well to ironmanning. Especially when it's one of the game's two fog of war maps that has friggin' ballistae. Fuck that, I'll reset that if I want. After all, the main reason I'm Ironmanning is that this is a chill run and I don't feel like resetting maps a billion times.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reminder that this will be on the Switch in the foreseeable future:

Ah yeah, pink blood: the series.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Starring wacky characters, of which one is apparently the best being very rich. XD

Byakuya is the best. He's a complete idiot who does absolutely nothing right, I love him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Horiwhat

Jokes aside, it's a very wholesome slice-of-life anime. The couple I posted earlier are the main characters.

One of my favorites, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Well, to be fair, it was a sidequest, and I'll admit, I've been ditching the Ironman idea in those. Short, puzzle-like levels don't lend themselves well to ironmanning. Especially when it's one of the game's two fog of war maps that has friggin' ballistae. Fuck that, I'll reset that if I want. After all, the main reason I'm Ironmanning is that this is a chill run and I don't feel like resetting maps a billion times.

Ah, well best of luck to you going forward.