• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

tfw when you add the time without game overs and retries is ~22 minutes while with game overs and stuff it's 3 hours...

yeah xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayy, congrats, Shrimpy! ^^

LwUVgTr.png

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can tell him about CrossCode - it's bad.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Damn Ruben, i thought you liked that game.

Ouf4KmZ.png

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Totori can be skipped, i wouldn't wish even my worst enemy to play that game.

It's not THAT awful for me, but I do agree it's probably the most skippable.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This one has Kaiju so i will probably play when i finally get my PS4 next month hopefully.

Or rather, i'll put it on the list. First PS4 game i'm gonna play is 13 Sentinels.

I have absolutely no doubt you'll enjoy it!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I understand!

Good! ^^
Wouldn't want to make anyone feel like I'm trying to force stuff on them!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

LwUVgTr.png

^^

The Ys Origin boss rush on Nightmare looked like absolute hell in parts (though the guy did play as Yunica, who is probably the hardest character to do it with?), so I have an inkling on how brutal these can get! Mad props for making it through that!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Damn Ruben, i thought you liked that game.

How dare you employ such underhanded tactics. Quick, tell me your favorite Archanean character, I will kill them off as a means of revenge.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I'm getting into Ch18 of DD now. Yeah, most of these maps are either bad or uninteresting. Not to mention it has pulled the same trick twice, where after you complete the main objective it suddenly becomes an Arrive map in some other place but it doesn't matter since the map is already cleared out and any threat they may put in is ten miles away and/or incredibly non-threatening. Way to not waste my time or anything, guys.

Also, the enemy quality is starting to spike. Hard. Even my most accurate units have like 50 hit on Tricksters, who have 1~2 range (even if the enemy ranges don't fucking show the 2-range).

The only semi-decent maps so far have been Ch5 (the portals mechanic made me actually use my brain), Ch13 (the river terrain choice is odd but it tries with having an actual side objective) and maybe Ch15, which, well, isn't a good map, but it's neat. Beyond those though the whole game has suffered greatly from the disease of every map feeling like a room or series of rooms of just killing enemies and little else. And from the brief snippets from the Excelblem video, it looks like it's about to get far, far worse. Ch14 already rivaled HSoS Ch11 in its pure shittiness (ch14 at least isn't escape all, but HSoS Ch11 actually has reinforcements that can be a threat), so I can only imagine how bad some maps will get. 

Oof... Yeah, for all the people I see claiming that this game will be fixed after some patches - yeah, no. The issues go way deeper than just the immense technical problems it has. It's just overall a bad game, unfortunately. At this point, it might be better for the developer to take this as a learning experience and try again.

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Play Danganronpa, then you'll know the names! 😉

I'm already busy with a lot of games, just drop the names and let me do my research.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just invited a bombardment of being told what to play, didn’t I?

Have you finished AC Odyssey?

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

I'm getting into Ch18 of DD now. Yeah, most of these maps are either bad or uninteresting. Not to mention it has pulled the same trick twice, where after you complete the main objective it suddenly becomes an Arrive map in some other place but it doesn't matter since the map is already cleared out and any threat they may put in is ten miles away and/or incredibly non-threatening. Way to not waste my time or anything, guys.

Also, the enemy quality is starting to spike. Hard. Even my most accurate units have like 50 hit on Tricksters, who have 1~2 range (even if the enemy ranges don't fucking show the 2-range).

The only semi-decent maps so far have been Ch5 (the portals mechanic made me actually use my brain), Ch13 (the river terrain choice is odd but it tries with having an actual side objective) and maybe Ch15, which, well, isn't a good map, but it's neat. Beyond those though the whole game has suffered greatly from the disease of every map feeling like a room or series of rooms of just killing enemies and little else. And from the brief snippets from the Excelblem video, it looks like it's about to get far, far worse. Ch14 already rivaled HSoS Ch11 in its pure shittiness (ch14 at least isn't escape all, but HSoS Ch11 actually has reinforcements that can be a threat), so I can only imagine how bad some maps will get. 

Big F

Seems like a rushed job

Also not showing enemy ranges right lol

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's not THAT awful for me but I do agree it's probably the most skippable.

Totori just gave me a level of stress i didn't need, on top of being a poorly designed game in general.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have absolutely no doubt you'll enjoy it

Being a Kaiju fan rocks honestly. So glad i made that binge last year.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Quick, tell me your favorite Archanean character, I will kill them off as a means of revenge.

Wrys

LeaSadist.png

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Have you finished AC Odyssey?

The gameplay got really old fairly quickly.

Which is a shame, because I was interested in the story.

Edited by Sooks

The main thing to note about Shadow of the Colossus: the soundtrack is god-tier.

Like... wow.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I'm already busy with a lot of games, just drop the names and let me do my research.

As you wish!
Everyone else interested in Danganronpa: don't click the spoilers!

Spoiler

Makoto Naegi
Junko Enoshima
Ultimate Despair

There you go! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The issues go way deeper than just the immense technical problems it has. It's just overall a bad game, unfortunately. At this point, it might be better for the developer to take this as a learning experience and try again.

The sad thing is, there are good ideas in here! The weapon system is interesting, along with the class system. Just... the bland-ass maps, the fact that every single enemy has crit for the entire game, the Awakening / 3H tier inflation... they all really drag down the experience. The lack of terrain isn't a good sign, but you can make good maps without real terrain beyond passable/impassble (look at Berwick Ch15). These maps just aren't good anyway.

I think a DD2 could improve a lot on these problems, and I'm going to finish DD, but it won't go high on my list, that's for certain. 

41 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ooof.
I hope you enjoyed it at least a little bit!

It was alright. Id say my death count was roughly around the 700 area? Haha it sounds pike a lot, but in Critical mode, the player dies in one to two hits every enemy hit. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wrys

LeaSadist.png

I find that difficult to believe. Knowing you... Hmmm...

It's probably Marisha. Good, I hate her. Unfortunately, delpoyment slots are scarce, so I can't fit her in to kill her. But mark my words, Armagon: You should watch your step.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

The sad thing is, there are good ideas in here! The weapon system is interesting, along with the class system. Just... the bland-ass maps, the fact that every single enemy has crit for the entire game, the Awakening / 3H tier inflation... they all really drag down the experience. The lack of terrain isn't a good sign, but you can make good maps without real terrain beyond passable/impassble (look at Berwick Ch15). These maps just aren't good anyway.

I think a DD2 could improve a lot on these problems, and I'm going to finish DD, but it won't go high on my list, that's for certain. 

It'd be interesting to see a DD2 that takes everything learned from this first experience and improves on it.

And, y'know, doesn't rush the game out of the gate when it's like 20% finished to cash in on the E3 hype. That was just a rancid move, I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

It was alright. Id say my death count was roughly around the 700 area? Haha it sounds pike a lot, but in Critical mode, the player dies in one to two hits every enemy hit. 

700?!?
Wow. That is some impressive patience you have there! I would probably have given up after like, 20 or so. xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

700?!?
Wow. That is some impressive patience you have there! I would probably have given up after like, 20 or so. xD

ROUGHLY! Could be alot more, as I said, I started to lose count after a while. XD

Consider the fact that im dead every minute, they go by quickly. That just shows how bad I am at the game!

Edited by lightcosmo

KOS-MOS might not be in Smash, but at least Shion's friend Kazuya got in.

8AbFe0f.png?1

NZKtlJf.png?1

I don't think Kazuya has any friends within his own series, so it's nice to know he has a positive relationship with someone...Though I don't know how it's possible, since Earth ceased to exist thousands of years before Xenosaga takes place. Granted, Akuma is canonically part of the Tekken universe, so maybe Kazuya knowing Shion isn't that unusual. I could bring up Noctis or Negan too, but they're not part of any Tekken game's plot unlike Akuma.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

find that difficult to believe.

Kill off Wrys, Ruben.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's probably Marisha. Good, I hate her. Unfortunately, delpoyment slots are scarce, so I can't fit her in to kill her. But mark my words, Armagon: You should watch your step.

Real talk, I don't even know if I have a favorite Archanean character.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

KOS-MOS might not be in Smash, but at least Shion's friend Kazuya got in.

8AbFe0f.png?1

NZKtlJf.png?1

Haha I didn't know about this.

Kazuya seems unusually nice in this email.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

ROUGHLY! Could be alot more, as I said, I started to loee count after a while. CD

Consider the fact that im dead every minute, they go by quickly. That just shows how bad I am at the game!

Aww.
Don't sell yourself too short! You did end up beating it in the end!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

reminds of the boss that took me 1.5 years to defeat xD

Holy--!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Holy--!

This guy (that ofc i lost against in the video)

I went crazy on a discord sever when i finally defeated him lmao

I don't think i was able to defeat him again. Maybe only oncel ol