Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How is the portrayal of Lucrezia? I think I read somewhere that despite the rumors and tendency of fiction to portray her as a devious schemer, Lucrezia was probably truthfully pretty innocent and not involved in her family's bloody ambitions

Lucrezia starts out as an innocent teenager and goes through some rought stuff in Rome's backstabbing political climate, getting a healthy dose of cynicism but still staying true to herself. And while she DOES some shady stuff (though nothing other characters did worse), she's still probably the character with the lightest shade of gray in the series. Except maybe what, her mother and Cesare's?

Please watch it

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, the news came in, my grandmother's died overnight. The state she'd fallen into recently, I was expecting days not weeks. Guess my gut was right. RIP.

F

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Chapters 10 and 11 done. They were both fun and had quite interesting moments. Chapter 11 overstayed its welcome a little bit, but once again, SRPG Studio's high speed prevents the tedium from settling in.

Cezar continues to be a pretty great lordly sidekick. 10 was a great chapter for him.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, I'm kinda taking the reality of it in, though it'll probably really sink in after I finally see the body.

It usually does, yeah.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

As it stands I keep reminding myself that this was coming and accepting this.

At least there’s this.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Went and did a thing or two to get the place ready for the vigil we'll have over the next few days. Funeral will be the end of the week, but there'll be plenty needing to be done in the meantime. My grandfather has had dementia for years, but I think he's going to realise what's going on with this before long.

I hope your grandfather will pull through as well.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Did you hear anything about exam results yet?

Ah, yes! I got an A in both of them.

Somehow I managed a 102% on the physics final despite none of the questions saying they were bonus or extra credit.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

My condolences... I'm sorry for your loss.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

My deepest condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

F

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope your grandfather will pull through as well.

I do think this could contribute to his death, he's surprising to me in that he's lasted this long and outlived his wife with his own health. There's a fair amount of talk he'd pass in his sleep at some stage and a shock like this can break people who are in the prime of their health.

But I could be wrong and he makes it to 100. I doubt it, but who knows?

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Somehow I managed a 102% on the physics final despite none of the questions saying they were bonus or extra credit.

Great work Sooks!

Funny how that happened. Either an error occurred and you try to pretend nothing happened or someone really liked your answers.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Great work Sooks!

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Funny how that happened. Either an error occurred and you try to pretend nothing happened or someone really liked your answers.

I was initially going to ask about it, but after realizing it might’ve been an error I didn’t.

Our teacher has, in the past, not counted questions against us that the vast majority of the class got wrong on his tests, and turned those into extra credit, so I’m guessing he did that with a question or two.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

St. Elimine, that's fantastic! Congrats! Plus, you're on Summer vacation now, right?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I was initially going to ask about it, but after realizing it might’ve been an error I didn’t.

Yeah, can't blame you for going about it like that.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Our teacher has, in the past, not counted questions against us that the vast majority of the class got wrong on his tests, and turned those into extra credit, so I’m guessing he did that with a question or two.

That is certainly an approach that no teacher I had would have done.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

ayy grats!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Everyone originally thought Valdi was a girl because of the face.

Well personally, I first thought he was a boy...

For those it might concern, Xenoblade 3's special edition will be available for preorder in North America tomorrow (Europeans have to wait until late July apparently). You can find the page here.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In my college Anthropology class, I got two points on a bonus question once because I was the only student who got it right (someone else wrote "I don't know but I really need this bonus point" as an answer and got credit for it). The final for said class also had "Rick Astley is..." as a multiple choice question, but I don't think there was a wrong answer for that one.

Guys... It's over.

The dream is dead.

Karajan hit the level cap... And failed to cap movement. One point away, he was.

I am heartbroken.

...Ten seconds after his final level, I discovered that his personal tome raises his movement by one when equipped. Y'know, in case he wasn't enough of a meme already.

This guy. This guy's the best.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Monolith Soft just absolutely flexing their world design powers.

Also @Shrimpolaris Ys 10 news later this month: https://noisypixel.net/ys-x-info-arriving-late-june-2022/

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m okay, thanks.

Welcome back Sooks. Been a while.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

We take those. Good job man.

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

…But…where’s the bourbon?!?

And welcome back to you as well Wraith.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Europeans have to wait until late July apparently

But that's when it comes out...

2 hours ago, Benice said:

St. Elimine, that's fantastic! Congrats! Plus, you're on Summer vacation now, right?

Thank you!

And yes, I am… but I don’t know what to do…

Are you on summer vacation too?

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ayy grats!

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Welcome back Sooks. Been a while.

We take those. Good job man.

Thank you both of you!

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

For those it might concern, Xenoblade 3's special edition will be available for preorder in North America tomorrow (Europeans have to wait until late July apparently). You can find the page here.

As someone who collects these, i'm actually on the fence about this one so far.

So with some testing, this is what i settled on so far for average level gains:

0d83aa976a07082ce930abb6a9e5381d.png

obv BST were all changed, and MOV was lowered to make placement/strategy/teamwork more important.

Edit: HP was raised on average to accomodate for the loss of spammable healing and whatnot. And enemies hit for more than 50 early game (average of 250 now instead)

Edited by lightcosmo

Finally made a recipe from this guy. Took me long enough to try.

It turned out... not bad, but disappointing. Where was the garlic overload?🧄 I couldn't smell it, I couldn't taste it in the sauce, despite using two tablespoons/30 ml of the stuff; he said it'd the stinking rose would be strong. The vampires will be chomping away at me now. Looks like I erred in swapping white wine vinegar for distilled vinegar, probably wouldn't have been as tangy and smelly. One little mistake ruins the pizzaz of the dish. Oh well, will try again sometime months in the future. And I feel a dram of accomplishment from attempting it anyhow. The cinnamon-sugar ninja balls are next.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Two games in and liking the franchise, I'm interested too.

Shrimpy said it was promised in an interview that the gameplay would receive a shakeup for the next installment. Curious what that'll mean. I'll pin a decent chance on Falcom aping the long-established open-world fad. Whatever it is, hopefully things will recover from IX's quiet decline.

I'm assuming (if the Steam Summer Sale doesn't happen first) that Falcom will do a sale to celebrate. Might as well grab a few oldies then.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

The gravedigger gets whiskey, not bourbon.

Same thing, kinda. Bourbon is defined by US federal law:

• Produced in the United States and Territories (Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia
  • Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn
  • Aged in new, charred oak containers
  • Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)
  • Entered into the container for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)
  • Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)

All bourbon is whiskey, not all whiskey is bourbon.

The barrels, since they can only be used once, are usually recycled by shipping them to Scotland. Turns out they're amazing for the barley-based Scotch whiskey.