Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Woke up at 3AM because my senile dog has developed a habit to start yapping in the dead of night now. It didn't stop this time until I got out of bed. Manage to drift back into a shallow measure of slumber for a little while, but still.🥱 Said dog is cute and shall grudgingly be forgiven.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how in her conversation with green archer girl, Lyn claims she trains to use a sword and bow, but doesn't train her muscles. Confirming once again that nobody in IntSys has ever used a bow before.

Well they're just aping a longstanding misconception in the fantasy community. IS wasn't the first to give a lady without sufficient musculature a bow, and they won't be the last.

Crossbows from what I'm aware, barring maybe the Chu-Ko-Nu/Repeater Crossbow, also require some strength. Some crossbow users placed a hook on their hip which let them pull back with all the weight of their body, not just the arms. Crossbows were also sometimes kept at home, you might not have the space or the training to properly use a regular bow, but a crossbow could provide some protection in case your house was being robbed.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Class/Class-Type combo to me ensure that every unit will have at least some use. 

In fact, I don't think I've seen a Class/Class-Type combo repeated twice. The royals for example, all share their same respective Classes (Noble, Lord, Sentinel, Tamer) but they function completely differently from each other even them.

We might get true unit uniqueness here.

The Berwick approach: Class is just a word. This just gets better and better.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Woke up at 3AM because my senile dog has developed a habit to start yapping in the dead of night now. It didn't stop this time until I got out of bed. Manage to drift back into a shallow measure of slumber for a little while, but still.🥱 Said dog is cute and shall grudgingly be forgiven.

Doggo does what doggo wants. Don't blame doggo.

Well they're just aping a longstanding misconception in the fantasy community. IS wasn't the first to give a lady without sufficient musculature a bow, and they won't be the last.

Most certainly, true.

Crossbows from what I'm aware, barring maybe the Chu-Ko-Nu/Repeater Crossbow, also require some strength. Some crossbow users placed a hook on their hip which let them pull back with all the weight of their body, not just the arms. Crossbows were also sometimes kept at home, you might not have the space or the training to properly use a regular bow, but a crossbow could provide some protection in case your house was being robbed.

Keep that bolt loaded for years in case the robber comes.

But when he does...

I mean, if you're expecting for an archeress to look like Rinkah, then that's also a misconception.

Still, it's a video game. So twiggy or muscly, screw realism!

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, if you're expecting for an archeress to look like Rinkah, then that's also a misconception.

Still, it's a video game. So twiggy or muscly, screw realism!

Very true. Screw realism - give me more buff archeresses.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Monolith FE finally real

That cannot be, there are designs I like.

Awww too bad, I could try to win a Steam Deck at the awards but it's at 2 AM. Fuck that, I don't want a Steam Deck that badly. I probably wouldn't even get use out of it. I could sell it tho--

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awww too bad, I could try to win a Steam Deck at the awards but it's at 2 AM. Fuck that, I don't want a Steam Deck that badly. I probably wouldn't even get use out of it. I could sell it tho--

Meanwhile my region isn't even eligible to participate. lol

@Imperator Squilla

Since you complained about work in the past day or two, just a short clip of American satire from last night.:

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Keep that bolt loaded for years in case the robber comes.

But when he does...

Ward: "My spleen!"

Christine: "Sorry Father! I thought it was a burglar." "I didn't notice it was you like you didn't notice me for all my childhood."

Hm? Someone looking into Another Eden's internal files may have discovered the next collab work could be 

Spoiler

a Tales Part 2, adding Symphonia and Arise.

Hmm... well, that's neat, even if it means no new actual property.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile my region isn't even eligible to participate. lol

It's tailored to the US, as always. If you don't live in the US it's either you're not eligible or the event takes place at fuck o'clock in the morning.

Meh. I won't cry too long. I don't get into games as much on the go.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ward: "My spleen!"

Christine: "Sorry Father! I thought it was a burglar." "I didn't notice it was you like you didn't notice me for all my childhood."

She didn't miss

15 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Unbenannt3.PNG

Reddit knows i like catgirls

Way to ruin the wholesome.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

https://serenesforest.net/engage/pre-release/classes/

As far as I can tell, there's only two characters that share the same class and class type.

Not bad. Can't wait to see how this actually works in the game.

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

In what way are catgirls not wholesome???

You want to do nothing wholesome to them.