Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Underleveled... I think I understand what my problem is now. Xd

Maybe run through the dungeon first, then fight it on the way out? Or at least after doing most of it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So the Triet Caverns dumgeon where you face the first mimic chest, is that fight unwinnable?

Ahh, fakes. aka Mimics. I have had my fair share of bad times with those buggers. Anyway, only elemental damage works against them; they're outright immune to physical attacks (at least, unless you have an element attached to them); not sure if this applies to non-element magic as well. Also of note, they're one of the few sources of All-Divides.

Edited by Shadow Mir

@Imperator Squilla This will brighten your morning: If I am not misunderstanding this (the wording's a bit strange), pair up is back in some capacity. Here's the translated twit:

Units with the Coordination battle style can perform Chain Attacks when allies attack an enemy. The unit with the Coordination battle style will join in the battle if they are in range to attack an enemy their ally attacks.

Another twit describes a different battle style, covert, that increases terrain bonuses. I wonder if this style thing is set depending on the unit or if we can just give everyone pair up.

Lyn has Vantage. Which means, coupled with the break system... Oh my God Berwick Vantage, Engage is going to have Berwick Vantage maybe. Also units with the covert style get +10 range from Lyn's ballista attack. Yeah. I truly hope they haven't missed the fact that this makes "defeat commander" battles into automatic wins. At least make it so this attack can't kill! But then, Three Houses never had the good sense not to place bosses 10 tiles away from the player, separated with a wall, in a game with infinite warps, so... Not keeping my hopes up.

...ngl Lyn just sounds insanely broken. I don't know how they've balanced her - I hope they've balanced her - but even by the Emblems' extremely powerful standards, she's just something else. Map wide attacks, spawning four decoys that can also perform chain attacks, Berwick Vantage, what is this gal?

Also, dang they actually made Winds across the Plains sound pretty good. Not bad, Engage.

10 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Or worse

r/all

Never browsed that myself. I've always gone into specific subreddits when I enter Reddit.

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well that's no good if you need to behave like Bear Gryills.

Yeah, see.

10 hours ago, Green06 said:

It's not about anime, Ruben. It's about grey morality.

Ah, yes, the classic topic of flamewar.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about the sausage tree of Africa?

1024px-Kp_Kigelia_pinnata_IMG_8964_(2214

Pretty big sausages. Obviously they're hookers.

Hah!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

What’s survival mode?

You pick 6 characters from the entire roster and try to go through 30 battles from the main campaign. When someone falls, they die for good, but you can spend some renown to unlock another hero from the roster to replace them. It's neat, if you liked B. Saga's combat - which I know not everyone did.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright then, time for Omori. Gotta open that door and face... *dramatic music* the real world.

Top 10 scariest fictional worlds.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lyn has Vantage. Which means, coupled with the break system... Oh my God Berwick Vantage, Engage is going to have Berwick Vantage maybe.

I dunno - I assume break can only be done when initiating combat, whereas Vantage requires the enemy to initiate combat (which would render them mutually exclusive). Far as I can tell, most, of not all, of the battle clips with break had it happen on initiation.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe run through the dungeon first, then fight it on the way out? Or at least after doing most of it.

I dislike the idea of giving up on it! XD

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ahh, fakes. aka Mimics. I have had my fair share of bad times with those buggers. Anyway, only elemental damage works against them; they're outright immune to physical attacks (at least, unless you have an element attached to them); not sure if this applies to non-element magic as well. Also of note, they're one of the few sources of All-Divides.

Yeah that's really annoying. XD

Incidentally, they've had highlights for all the previously shown Emblems now. And the game awards show is today, so... hey. Fingers crossed?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno - I assume break can only be done when initiating combat, whereas Vantage requires the enemy to initiate combat (which would render them mutually exclusive). Far as I can tell, most, of not all, of the battle clips with break had it happen on initiation.

Aww.

Eh, we'll see.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah that's really annoying. XD

Ja, oh ja. There are two more Fakes, both stronger than the one in Triet Ruins. Personally, though, my worst Mimic memories come from Rogue Galaxy. Those ones hurt like hell. And not only that, they can take quite a beating before going down.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aww.

Eh, we'll see.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm just making a logical inference off of what I've seen thus far, though. Also, iirc, it requires you to have weapon advantage over the opponent. On top of this, I wouldn't be surprised if enemies get an exclusive skill that makes them immune to break.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ja, oh ja. There are two more Fakes, both stronger than the one in Triet Ruins

Got it.

Personally, though, my worst Mimic memories come from Rogue Galaxy. Those ones hurt like hell. And not only that, they can take quite a beating before going down.

Wait, but Freezing Daggers makes those really easy to kill off! And later game Earth Shaker Destroys pretty much anything! (Although that's only usable at level 43)

Since getting most the Seven Star Swords is kinda obscure without a guide ofc.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Got it.

You can also has Colette steal All-Divides from them. With one caveat; she must be able to damage them. Which means somehow putting an attribute on her attacks. Remember those elemental quartz that some enemies drop? 

Also, I'm watching someone play Awakening with the worst Robin I've ever seen.

Edited by Shadow Mir

You can also has Colette steal All-Divides from them. With one caveat; she must be able to damage them. Which means somehow putting an attribute on her attacks. Remember those elemental quartz that some enemies drop? 

If my goal was to steal them. XD I assume there is some funny strats involving them but i'm not invested enough into the gameplay to actually attempt those. (as in, the gameplay is fine, just not complex enough for me to go the extra mile)

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If my goal was to steal them. XD I assume there is some funny strats involving them but i'm not invested enough into the gameplay to actually attempt those. (as in, the gameplay is fine, just not complex enough for me to go the extra mile)

Fair enough. Also, there's only one thing in the game that stands out as possibly warranting their use. (Except in re-releases, where they don't work on the enemy in question.)

10 hours ago, Green06 said:

CGI Horses

Discussing this with a friend last night. Honestly just make Part 7 CGI entirely by Kamikaze Douga. 

David Pro's commitment to the character designs these last two Parts is commendable but it's hurting the animation quality, especially noticeable in Part 6. And Part 7 designs are even more complex.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wonder if this style thing is set depending on the unit or if we can just give everyone pair up.

So it's actually talking about Classes. Certain Classes get double bonuses from terrain, others can do Chain Attacks.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I dislike the idea of giving up on it! XD

It wouldn't be giving up, just being more prepared. Since if even magic isn't denting them, then it's clear you need to train up a little, which can't be done if you don't go fight enemies, and why go out of the dungeon when you can fight those in there already?

46 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Fair enough. Also, there's only one thing in the game that stands out as possibly warranting their use. (Except in re-releases, where they don't work on the enemy in question.)

I don't believe i have ever actually used one before!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It wouldn't be giving up, just being more prepared. Since if even magic isn't denting them, then it's clear you need to train up a little, which can't be done if you don't go fight enemies, and why go out of the dungeon when you can fight those in there already?

True enough.

I like how in her conversation with green archer girl, Lyn claims she trains to use a sword and bow, but doesn't train her muscles. Confirming once again that nobody in IntSys has ever used a bow before.

Also green archer girl straight up said "you could be pretty buff if you'd just work out", which is a pretty funny statement coming from a twig in a dress. She's probably gonna be one of my favorites, I can tell. Even her design is pretty nice. Dressy tank top + dress skirt is pretty bizarre, but I dig the color scheme.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, we'll see. I'm just making a logical inference off of what I've seen thus far, though. Also, iirc, it requires you to have weapon advantage over the opponent. On top of this, I wouldn't be surprised if enemies get an exclusive skill that makes them immune to break.

Yeah, doesn't sound like it'll be quite as funny as Adel. Oh well.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So it's actually talking about Classes. Certain Classes get double bonuses from terrain, others can do Chain Attacks.

You think so? I've seen other folks claiming it's referring to a bit of text next to the class name. I don't know, I'll need more information here.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't believe i have ever actually used one before!

Ditto. And the one boss who might justify their use? Abyssion. Who is immune to them in all re-releases of Symphonia (presumably including the upcoming remaster).

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dressy tank top + dress skirt is pretty bizarre

She's also wearing timbs.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You think so? I've seen other folks claiming it's referring to a bit of text next to the class name. I don't know, I'll need more information here.

So it's part of the class category thing.

Like both Timerra and Fogato are Sentinels but Timerra is a "backup" type and Fogato is a "cavalry type". So Timerra can do Chain Attacks while Fogato can't. That's what it's referring to.

The neat part about Covert-Type units is that there's counterplay. Covert-Types get double terrain bonuses.....but Mystic-Type units negate that completely. So we have to pay attention not just to the Class but also the Class Type.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

his will brighten your morning: If I am not misunderstanding this (the wording's a bit strange), pair up is back in some capacity. Here's the translated twit:

Yup saw that.

Certain unit types can dual attack 😄

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I truly hope they haven't missed the fact that this makes "defeat commander" battles into automatic wins.

1. Varied objectives, which we already saw a bit from

2. An early game boss (hot pirate lady) was seen with multiple HP bars, probably to stop range/warp cheesing

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like both Timerra and Fogato are Sentinels but Timerra is a "backup" type and Fogato is a "cavalry type". So Timerra can do Chain Attacks while Fogato can't. That's what it's referring to.

The neat part about Covert-Type units is that there's counterplay. Covert-Types get double terrain bonuses.....but Mystic-Type units negate that completely. So we have to pay attention not just to the Class but also the Class Type.

Man if they getvit right

Best FE right there

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how in her conversation with green archer girl, Lyn claims she trains to use a sword and bow, but doesn't train her muscles. Confirming once again that nobody in IntSys has ever used a bow before.

Also green archer girl straight up said "you could be pretty buff if you'd just work out", which is a pretty funny statement coming from a twig in a dress. She's probably gonna be one of my favorites, I can tell. Even her design is pretty nice. Dressy tank top + dress skirt is pretty bizarre, but I dig the color scheme.

I'd say, there seems to be a disconnect there with the idea that buffing up will actually help much when it comes to something like archery. It does in some aspects, but it can also be detrimental (muscles getting in the way when getting into firing position). Gaining more upper body strength helps for archery, but not bulking up.

If she talked more about simply being fit rather than buffing up it'd make more sense, but this could just be some translation quirk. Perhaps it'd be best waiting for actual official English translations.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's also wearing timbs.

What a girl.

This is what people are theorizing, yeah. I hope Vandad has pair up for maximum Jeigan.

23 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Yup saw that.

Certain unit types can dual attack 😄

Woop woop!

1. Varied objectives, which we already saw a bit from

2. An early game boss (hot pirate lady) was seen with multiple HP bars, probably to stop range/warp cheesing

Well, color me impressed! They really thought of everything... Or at least they put more thought into it than certain other past games.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, there seems to be a disconnect there with the idea that buffing up will actually help much when it comes to something like archery. It does in some aspects, but it can also be detrimental (muscles getting in the way when getting into firing position). Gaining more upper body strength helps for archery, but not bulking up.

If she talked more about simply being fit rather than buffing up it'd make more sense, but this could just be some translation quirk. Perhaps it'd be best waiting for actual official English translations.

That's a fair point.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

46 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Man if they getvit right

The Class/Class-Type combo to me ensure that every unit will have at least some use. 

In fact, I don't think I've seen a Class/Class-Type combo repeated twice. The royals for example, all share their same respective Classes (Noble, Lord, Sentinel, Tamer) but they function completely differently from each other even them.

We might get true unit uniqueness here.