• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

3F230mo.png

You're projecting much

LfE7R2e.png

No no, in this case it'd be the catgirl doing things to him, not he to her.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh wow.

Wait, what would've happened if they had tied in Vote Differential as well?

Then we so who got more Votes...which they are also equal in..

Then we would've went RNG

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

3F230mo.png

You're projecting much

LfE7R2e.png

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No no, in this case it'd be the catgirl doing things to him, not he to her.

VS3IxhhY_o.png

okay no wait wrong image

whbHMC04_o.png

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

WH2tUvU.png

tfw

Katawa Kemonomimi

I have no idea what this means.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no idea what this means.

They tied in points (two victories, one defeat), so the tie-breaker is about votes. Like goals in the actual world cup. Between all three "matches", both got seventeen votes. However, when it comes to votes against them, Julia got one less than Ephraim. Thus she got a net +1 over him in Vote Difference. Hence she passes to Top 16 and he doesn't.

Wait... both still advance, no? Both at six points seals that deal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait... both still advance, no? Both at six points seals that deal.

yeah both advance, the die breaker decided the group winner and which side of the bracket each lands on

Ro16 up btw

Less work for me from now on yaaaaay

Edited by Imperator Squilla

So this time on picking guest characters in Trails of Cold Steel IV, is there anything cool I can see by bringing particular characters? No spoilers please, I just wanna know if anyone has anything worth seeing.

Spoiler

I mean I’m assuming Alisa and Jusis tbh, but just checking.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Imperator Squilla This will brighten your morning: If I am not misunderstanding this (the wording's a bit strange), pair up is back in some capacity. Here's the translated twit:

Hype!

I really haven’t been following Engage news that much, huh.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You pick 6 characters from the entire roster and try to go through 30 battles from the main campaign. When someone falls, they die for good, but you can spend some renown to unlock another hero from the roster to replace them. It's neat, if you liked B. Saga's combat - which I know not everyone did.

Sounds neat. Can you use both Rook and Alette?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hype!

I really haven’t been following Engage news that much, huh

Shrimping man is correct in his summary.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sounds neat. Can you use both Rook and Alette?

You can use anyone you like. Except Bolverk and Nikels, I think. So yes.

13 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

TL;DR: Toothpaste looking based

Yeah, I’ve seen some of the trailers with emblems and gameplay which look raw as hell, but I guess I’m not as into speculating and picking apart individual tweets/pieces of info as much as other people.

I just thought to myself, "I should do a BinBla run with Wolt one of these days, I have used all the other archers and nomads in my two previous ones". So I played the first map, pretty routine at this point, and Wolt+Marcus actually managed to set up the boss kill for Wolt (who, remember, does a whole one damage against the boss). Wolt takes a shot, hits his... what, 75-ish displayed hit... and gets a Luck only level-up.

Wee.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, I’ve seen some of the trailers with emblems and gameplay which look raw as hell, but I guess I’m not as into speculating and picking apart individual tweets/pieces of info as much as other people.

Yeah, that's fair. I just want Vandad now, but since he's a month and a half away, I make do by dissecting twits. Though I'm not nearly as perceptive as others.

22 minutes ago, ping said:

I just thought to myself, "I should do a BinBla run with Wolt one of these days, I have used all the other archers and nomads in my two previous ones". So I played the first map, pretty routine at this point, and Wolt+Marcus actually managed to set up the boss kill for Wolt (who, remember, does a whole one damage against the boss). Wolt takes a shot, hits his... what, 75-ish displayed hit... and gets a Luck only level-up.

Wee.

The Wolt experience!

One of the recent Engage threads pointed out that the possessed person I've been crying about since Engage's announcement appears for like, a frame in Corrin's highlight.

jakoba.PNG.6e207d6d5fc5d3c65e19b383a7893

Look at that. They look like a generic fucking enemy sorcerer. That thing is playable.

I am so happy. The leaks fail to let me down once more.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So this time on picking guest characters in Trails of Cold Steel IV, is there anything cool I can see by bringing particular characters? No spoilers please, I just wanna know if anyone has anything worth seeing.

Not that I recall, just some text as always.

Zona Nemona

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Pick Jusis. Alisa sucks.

WAIT I ONLY TAKE ONE OF THEM? THE TWO CHARACTERS I HAD MY EYES ON IMMEDIATELY— I shouldn’t have said anything…

Edit: I’m kinda lucky I was just spoiled on this.

Spoiler

Sharon shows up, so I’m bringing Alisa.

Except Rufus also shows up, so Jusis would be great to have too. It is unendingly stupid that the game identifies two characters who it would be cool to bring and only lets you have one of them. If anything, both should be locked in the party instead of… whatever this is.

Now who to bring along besides her? I kinda like Machias, but him alongside Alisa instead of Jusis kind of loses some charm. Maybe Emma?

Edited by Sooks

My brother has been watching all the Batman movies to study how each movie portrays crime and how the release date and public perception of crime at the time may have effected the portrayal.

How do you folks feel about Batman?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Since the TV is in the same room that I sleep and exist in, I've had the joy of watching each movie with him, in fact as I write this we're watching the last 45 minutes of Batman VS Superman.

And yeah, that was one of the best scenes of 1966 version.

Well that was a long day of remembrance and pulling people together, but that should be it, I don't have to thi-

>Another Engage trailer

Oh find me in the alps.

Spoiler

So first off, she gives the unit she's tied to Desperation if they're fast enough. Ok, that's busted. Killer bow, which is of course a bow that kills. Call doubles, which is fascinating because it turns out they have 1 HP..... and every other stat, so dodgetanks and buff bois just made 5 of them if the enemy can't get the kill in. Chain attacks are alco confirmed to be Dual Strikes but apparently the doubles are how those Chain Attacks tied to Lyn work, so I have to ask how they get involved in the attack.

We then see a multitile beefy dragon get eviscerated by the Engage attack Astra Storm and after that that's the end of the trailer, right? Or not, let's look at SF's overview. But before that, note that I feel like crits haven't seemed that frequent and crit rates mostly 0% outside of the character introductions. I think that's telling.

Of the details on SF, I wonder about the golden corrupted, the doubles just always chain attack no matter how far away (WEW), Astra Storm gets +10 range with coverts which is absurd and Vincent ASM doesn't want another trailer. I think we're out of luck there with the VGAs.

Turns out we also got two tweets about class types, like Covert getting double from terrain boosts, which could be wild in the right circumstances and Backup just being able to Chain attack when in range.

TL;DR: So the class types actually matter? Lyn being good in Fire Emblem Engage? 20 range attacks being a thing?

Engage looks kinda wild.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Woke up at 3AM because my senile dog has developed a habit to start yapping in the dead of night now. It didn't stop this time until I got out of bed. Manage to drift back into a shallow measure of slumber for a little while, but still.🥱 Said dog is cute and shall grudgingly be forgiven.

Don't think you've mentioned a dog before.

How long have they been around? Are they generally troublesome otherwise?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well they're just aping a longstanding misconception in the fantasy community. IS wasn't the first to give a lady without sufficient musculature a bow, and they won't be the last.

Crossbows from what I'm aware, barring maybe the Chu-Ko-Nu/Repeater Crossbow, also require some strength. Some crossbow users placed a hook on their hip which let them pull back with all the weight of their body, not just the arms. Crossbows were also sometimes kept at home, you might not have the space or the training to properly use a regular bow, but a crossbow could provide some protection in case your house was being robbed.

Okay, I understand the principle. You're thrusting a prick at the enemy to pierce them.

This naturally would be irrelevant for the handheld crossbows, which yes, there were real examples and they're not just for D&D.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality493648406456303628.webp?size=128&quality

Dawning horror, we're getting to corporate towns again at this rate

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How is giving them a fish to eat not wholesome?

Twist, you gave them pufferfish.

39 minutes ago, ping said:

Wee.

And people call the axes inaccurate 😛

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

jakoba.PNG.6e207d6d5fc5d3c65e19b383a7893

Look at that. They look like a generic fucking enemy sorcerer. That thing is playable.

I am so happy. The leaks fail to let me down once more.

Daggajan

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

How do you folks feel about Batman?

Probably more comfortable than I should. It's not that I can't see the issues around the character as a whole in regards to how someone in his position fighting crime ends up looking. That's not even getting into how some portrayals are. Is he counting Joker in this analysis out of curiosity? I'd bet not, just wondering.

DCAU Batman > pretty much the rest too, not helping the comfort because of being able to make that statement.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

in fact as I write this we're watching the last 45 minutes of Batman VS Superman.

Ouch.

I got to meet some of my Catalan relatives yesterday!

...You know, if he voluntarily went to Kentucky for a Track and Field scholarship, maybe Spain ain't so good.