Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's tailored to the US, as always. If you don't live in the US it's either you're not eligible or the event takes place at fuck o'clock in the morning.

Meh. I won't cry too long. I don't get into games as much on the go.

Don't worry, a Steam Deck isn't worth the cost of watching the Game Awards and losing your will to live.

29 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Alisa sucks.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

My brother has been watching all the Batman movies to study how each movie portrays crime and how the release date and public perception of crime at the time may have effected the portrayal.

How do you folks feel about Batman?

I don't have too much to add but don't forget Mask of the Phantasm, it was released theatrically so it should still count.

Batman_Mask_Of_The_Phantasm_Movie_Poster.jpg

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I got to meet some of my Catalan relatives yesterday!

...You know, if he voluntarily went to Kentucky for a Track and Field scholarship, maybe Spain ain't so good.

Oh, you're part Catalan?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was worried it would get worse the longer it went.

It got better.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Just now, Benice said:

...You know, if he voluntarily went to Kentucky for a Track and Field scholarship, maybe Spain ain't so good.

Could just have been a massive addition from that scholarship and maybe the university he went to has a good reputation for the sports side of things, but I ain't the person to ask.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't have too much to add but don't forget Mask of the Phantasm, it was released theatrically so it should still count.

Batman_Mask_Of_The_Phantasm_Movie_Poster.jpg

Thanks for adding that, I sure never remember that was the case.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

My brother has been watching all the Batman movies to study how each movie portrays crime and how the release date and public perception of crime at the time may have effected the portrayal.

He exists. Probably should've had his story wrapped up around 50 years ago, instead of stretched, rebooted, alternate universized and just generally mangled ad infinitum because the known name sells for more moneys than creating a new series full of unexplored possibilities. Oh wait, that's all super heroes.

...I can't say I've much of an opinion beyond that. My experience with Batman is limited to clips on youtube and vague memories of seeing the cartoon shows on TV as a kid. The Joe Chill episode of Brave and Bold stuck with me, as did the one from The Batman where he fights a regular-ass dude with time travel powers and fucking dies. Really not enough for the discussion you bring up.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Daggajan

I cannot wait to meme them into the MVP.

Just now, Benice said:

You been over here?

Just now, Benice said:

Oh.

I mean, it's got its ups and its lows. I'm just glad it's not the US.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Don't worry, a Steam Deck isn't worth the cost of watching the Game Awards and losing your will to live.

Hah! I mean, I'd just be there for the announcements anyway. I've very little horse in the actual race. Every single one of the nomenees, I care nothing for, except Mario and Rabbids which... might win best strategy game, and Live a Live, which has to beat Elden Ring and Xenoblade 3 for Best JRPG even though they're both also nominees for GOTY. Fair competition!

36 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

How long have they been around? Are they generally troublesome otherwise?

Small breed, age 10. They've started with the late night/really early morning only in the past week or so. Mooching for food aside as is expectable of a dog, they're pretty fine. IDK what has caused the change, it could be worse, but being persistently annoying when you're really trying to sleep is bound to make anyone grumpy.😴😣😑

36 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Dawning horror, we're getting to corporate towns again at this rate

No, it's not that. The official slogan is Secure Employees Reinvigorates Finances, Domestic Output Maximizes. Or alternatively, Sheltered Laborers Are Very Efficient Returning Yields.

I also heard that some US states are loosening child labor laws for teenagers. Partly b/c pandemic-induced worker shortage, although it might also be tied up with some immigration declines perhaps, I forget, it was a few month ago that I read this.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

as did the one from The Batman where he fights a regular-ass dude with time travel powers and fucking dies.

aka the show where The Edge did the theme music for some reason. The fact I forgot that happened in that show is kinda telling about that show as a whole.

Looks up the episode.

That was one of the better ones in fairness.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Small breed, age 10. They've started with the late night/really early morning only in the past week or so. Mooching for food aside as is expectable of a dog, they're pretty fine. IDK what has caused the change, it could be worse, but being persistently annoying when you're really trying to sleep is bound to make anyone grumpy.😴😣😑

Could there be anything going on nearby recently setting it off?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, it's not that. The official slogan is Secure Employees Reinvigorates Finances, Domestic Output Maximizes. Or alternatively, Sheltered Laborers Are Very Efficient Returning Yields.

I also heard that some US states are loosening child labor laws for teenagers. Partly b/c pandemic-induced worker shortage, although it might also be tied up with some immigration declines perhaps, I forget, it was a few month ago that I read this.

I say corporate town because those seem like they'd share similarities with serf positions (In terms of being tied in place to the company and expected to work towards the objectives to exploitative degrees), only you'd pay the employer to buy necessary supplies in the company store. So they'd be making money off your purchases and labour.

I half expect to hear about some company going full "Office Home"

Edited by Punished Dayni

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Saizo Tokito did not liked that.

That reminds of something I forgot throw in the above post that I saw earlier today. Some Japanese dev is working on an action game, and is throwing a little arcade shump game into the final product.:

Space-Runaway-Ann_12-08-22-1440x810.jpg

🤨

Are they legally allowed to get that close, or will a lawsuit be invoked?

Heres to hoping Reverie fixes some annoying bugs in the JP version.

For instance: Rean wearing the demon Prince outfit + Breaking Dawn S Craft causes his body to be cut in half while being whole at the same time, and his legs... Are just standing behind him, its strange af.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you're part Catalan?

Aye, my Dad's side of the family is Catalan! My Avi's from Berga, more specifically. My Abuelita's Mexican, though her family was originally from Asturias.

43 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Could just have been a massive addition from that scholarship

Right, but it's Kentucky.

I apologize to anyone living in Kentucky who is proud of it, I just simply can't fathom wanting to live there.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You been over here?

No... I've always really wanted to go to Europe because I love English history and because my family's from Spain, but I've never had the chance.

Plus, I don't speak any Spanish or Catalan, and I'd feel kinda guilty showing up to a place and making them accommodate to me.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'm just glad it's not the US.

That's the entirety of Canadian pride.

So simply put, nothing has changed, save for the labels.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🤨

Are they legally allowed to get that close, or will a lawsuit be invoked?

So long it's not a 100% match, yes, they can.

Also, that one is 宇宙逃亡戦士 (Space Fugitive Warrior), while Ideon is 伝説巨神 (Legendary Giant God).

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Aye, my Dad's side of the family is Catalan! My Avi's from Berga, more specifically. My Abuelita's Mexican, though her family was originally from Asturias.

Interesting. I have Basque ancestry myself from my father's side of the family (paternal surname is Basque), with I believe some great-grandparents still living in Spain before moving across the pond, as they say. From my mother's side, it's Galicia. O sea, soy parte Gallego. ¡Que vengan los chistes!

But ultimately I'm Mestizo as they come, if only in a sense of the word.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

jakoba.PNG.6e207d6d5fc5d3c65e19b383a7893

Look at that. They look like a generic fucking enemy sorcerer. That thing is playable.

WHAT IF.....and hear me out....WHAT IF recruitment is back but it only works for generics. Think about it. We saw a Talk icon on what appeared to be just a normal fucking generic. And so far every playable character seems to join you automatically (even the Elusians will eventually just default to your side). What if there are certain generics on the map that you can persuade to join your side?

How it would work, we don't know but this screenshot gave me an idea.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

He's cool, I like him.

Like the guy's so damn paranoid that he has contingency plans for his friends (in some stories). He means good but he's so mentally fucked up because of trauma. And yet he's legitimately compassionate. I like the scene in the Animated Series where he's fully onboard with helping Harley Quinn rehabilitate back into society after a life of crime. 

This is another favorite scene of mine from a show I actually saw lol

(Skip to 2:41, I can't timestamp on mobile)

I don't like Batman when the writers just make him angry punching man (*cough* Snyder *cough*).

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

in fact as I write this we're watching the last 45 minutes of Batman VS Superman.

I am so so sorry.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I half expect to hear about some company going full "Office Home"

Corporations are totally fine with letting you work from home. If your workplace is your home.😛

I say corporate town because those seem like they'd share similarities with serf positions (In terms of being tied in place to the company and expected to work towards the objectives to exploitative degrees), only you'd pay the employer to buy necessary supplies in the company store. So they'd be making money off your purchases and labour.

I'd say the key difference is that serfdom legally bound to the serfs to the land. IRL it'd only be under economic duress -so far.

I'm not familiar with deeper details of the sharecropping system, but I know that, while not company towns, jt was used to keep the African-American population deeply indebted to the whites they purchased their necessities from in the post-Reconstruction South.

Could there be anything going on nearby recently setting it off?

Not that I can think of. Although on the bright side, the full moon was quite radiant in the clear sky when I had to lift the little one down the outdoors steps b/c it has gotten rather blind and can't see down the steps at night. Wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't been up because of the fluffball.🌕🐶

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So simply put, nothing has changed, save for the labels.

True. There will always be human greed demanding economic exploitation at a human cost.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So long it's not a 100% match, yes, they can.

Also, that one is 宇宙逃亡戦士 (Space Fugitive Warrior), while Ideon is 伝説巨神 (Legendary Giant God).

Ah, so that's (partly) why they put the kanji there. That provides the upfront legal clarification. Thank you!🤖

tphGAZU.png

Who needs The Game Awards when you could be Estelleposting?

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Thanks for adding that, I sure never remember that was the case.

Apparently releasing it theatrically was a last minute decision and it did better on home video, but it still counts.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! I mean, I'd just be there for the announcements anyway. I've very little horse in the actual race. Every single one of the nomenees, I care nothing for, except Mario and Rabbids which... might win best strategy game, and Live a Live, which has to beat Elden Ring and Xenoblade 3 for Best JRPG even though they're both also nominees for GOTY. Fair competition!

I don't have any stock in the awards either and all the announcements will be shared elsewhere, so there's no reason for me to sacrifice my mortal soul today.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say the key difference is that serfdom legally bound to the serfs to the land. IRL it'd only be under economic duress -so far.

I'm not familiar with deeper details of the sharecropping system, but I know that, while not company towns, jt was used to keep the African-American population deeply indebted to the whites they purchased their necessities from in the post-Reconstruction South.

I'd not be as familiar as I like with the idea to begin with, much less sharecropping. But it doesn't sound surprising.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not that I can think of. Although on the bright side, the full moon was quite radiant in the clear sky when I had to lift the little one down the outdoors steps b/c it has gotten rather blind and can't see down the steps at night. Wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't been up because of the fluffball.🌕🐶

There's that I suppose.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

tphGAZU.png

Who needs The Game Awards when you could be Estelleposting?

https://media.tenor.co/images/cc2dfcd0e3eed038eda2cd78d2a093d7/raw

Seems a bit early for DLC announcements, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

https://media.tenor.co/images/cc2dfcd0e3eed038eda2cd78d2a093d7/raw

Well obviously Bestelle is back, not that I know where she went in the first place.

As for why T-Mobile is posting about it... good question.