• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In an ideal world, yes. Alas...

The complete backwards thing about this world is that technology lessening the need for human labor is actually a bad thing. It should be a good thing that there is less work that needs to be done.

But instead of it resulting in people needing to work less, it just results in less people getting work.

And the people who get work have to work so much more to even try to achieve half of what former generations did, while companies keep making record profits and evading taxes.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't wait for The Ink Spots stands.

He'd definitey be beginning to see the light if he included a stand for them

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

Machias gets a conclusion to his arc and a nice send off

CS4 is generous with the side characters, at the very least.

Should have relegated him to a side role to give more time to actually important chars.

To our Deutsch Teeheeers, you see the coup arrest news?

How are you feeling afterwards?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah. But I think most (first world) countries will get there. Except the United States, cause they'll go on their usual ramble about how four day work weeks is communism or whatever.

It's not that far here at the minute, slipped out of the conversation and hasn't been pushed much the last while.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I once applied for a job that was four day work week if I recall... but with 12-hour shifts.

Needless to say, I only lasted a single day in there.

I was working with people used to that in a pre-pandemic role.

From what I understood the main building was just stress inducing and I never would envy them for having a more sustained contract.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Waking up at 7 is fucking torture for me

You'd hate to be in my parent's position.

Edited by Punished Dayni

31 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The complete backwards thing about this world is that technology lessening the need for human labor is actually a bad thing. It should be a good thing that there is less work that needs to be done.

But instead of it resulting in people needing to work less, it just results in less people getting work.

Obviously. The people on top don't want the folks underneath to be happier, they want to pay them less so they can continue to have mountains of cash that they won't even use before they die. And what better way to pay people less than to have less people to pay at all?

Funny thing about capitalism is that absolutely nothing about it is real or tangible. It's all a human construct, fake concepts kept alive by our collective imaginations. If you tell someone that you want people to work less, the reaction you'll get from most is "BUT THEN WE EARN LESS MONEY, YOU REALLY WANT THAT!?". It feels natural to draw such a conclusion, less work = less pay... Even though, when you stop to think about it logically, there's no real reason that needs to be. It's the way it is because the folks up top say it's how it has to be. Once again, because they benefit from the peasants being as miserable as possible.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's all a human construct, fake concepts kept alive by our collective imaginations

Basically

Capitalism is the evil dragon run by Cult-kun

And worse is, the evil dragon is going to ruin us all

Edited by Imperator Squilla

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

To our Deutsch Teeheeers, you see the coup arrest news?

How are you feeling afterwards?

Honestly, not surprised that people have been planning this. The Reichsbürger scene is a bunch of complete nutcases and the German government not being "legitimate" is the basis of their system of conspiracy theories. The biggest (but also unsurprising) news is that one of the conspirators was a member of the Bundestag for the totally-not-nazis-we-swear party from 2017-21. Fun fact: Her wikipedia article, until yesterday, said that she was considered part of the moderate wing of the totally-not-nazis-we-swear party.

uufZ6Av.png

cYfjvsC.png

I say Neo, you say colonialism!

Neo!

Neo!

yGKiggm.png

A lot of minority groups, or even just people with depression, operate with their pain more than their compassion that often ruins their lives and creates vicious cycles of racism and hatred.

Alright so I took a screenshot of the all the main units I'm currently and their stats that I'm going to put into this little spoiler if you feel like looking at that.

Spoiler

8arcZiS.png

gxrkFCZ.png

w3vLP2x.png

n0VxPZj.png

cI7Jyne.png

zqeEwq3.png

8g2Ozu2.png

nVz2A4K.png

amHItu1.png

F5mK8kq.png

MuONAsI.png

iTesEj3.png

Give or take a few that I wont bring in every battle.

No Brom unfortunately as he couldn't keep up and it's already about too late, but hopefully next playthrough I'll be able to use him more effectively

Either way he's with us in spirit.

C3kQAPn.png

I mean if the president went and personally apologized to every reservation I'd respect the effort but Jesus Christ, just do some welfare acts, issue reconstruction projects, properly fund our damn schools.

As a side note, I honestly think it was a lost opportunity to go with a more generic FE aesthetic when designing Begnion, I feel like a classical Chinese Han Dynasty, or Three Kingdoms vibe would've fit it's court culture perfectly.

f92eIpi.png

Now if the president apologizing to reservations was all that needed to be done to regain all that we've lost over the last 500 years then I'd be the first one in line to drag his ass across the country.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... Not that I want you to feel bad, but I'm actually glad to hear you're experiencing such things with this game. This is the kind of thing that sticks with you later, that makes the experience of the game truly memorable.

Aye, pretty much.

Though I have to say, I think this is the first video game, not even just Fire Emblem, I've played that hit me in such a deep spot.

11 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

He didn't even do that, he just wrote another song with that title and what he wrote is bad.

Alas, it's the first song that comes up when you search Galway girl.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

A lot of minority groups, or even just people with depression, operate with their pain more than their compassion that often ruins their lives and creates vicious cycles of racism and hatred.

And thus Dheginsea's words fell on deaf ears for a moment there. At least that didn't remained the case.

I mean if the president went and personally apologized to every reservation I'd respect the effort but Jesus Christ, just do some welfare acts, issue reconstruction projects, properly fund our damn schools.

Sure, actions speak louder than words, but at least for this case in particular, Sanaki doing that as a start defuses him more out of the "pay genocide with genocide" mindset.

Forest restored and all that, but then that's why we dwell Far from the Forest.

20 minutes ago, ping said:

The biggest (but also unsurprising) news is that one of the conspirators was a member of the Bundestag for the totally-not-nazis-we-swear party from 2017-21. Fun fact: Her wikipedia article, until yesterday, said that she was considered part of the moderate wing of the totally-not-nazis-we-swear party.

Hold on, the moderate wing?

I almost want to joke about that being a thing, but that detail about picking out a transition government for this coup too makes it quite concerning. More concerning would be how many they could get on board with it of course.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Neo!

Colonialism!

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Neo!

Colonialism!

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

yGKiggm.png

The "fun" of trauma, it helps cause harm across time, even to those who'd never know it.

MuONAsI.png

I see you picked the same promotion weapon I did. Barely even used it, because she just sped ahead of everyone else on exp and I ended up leaving her out whenever I didn't have quite enough space.

iTesEj3.png

#Nephnephmthrfka

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

f92eIpi.png

Now if the president apologizing to reservations was all that needed to be done to regain all that we've lost over the last 500 years then I'd be the first one in line to drag his ass across the country.

Ah now, that was the efforts of Reyson and Leanne.

Reservation roadshow would certainly be an event if it were to happen. Can't think of any visit to one by a sitting Pres and sure, 4 of those years would definitely not happen but I feel like it not happening even once is a bit telling.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Alas, it's the first song that comes up when you search Galway girl.

Confirms it's the same here

Fuck sake.

Despite playing through B. Saga twice, I never tackled survival mode. I was bored, and drawing Ludin the other day got me thinking about the games, so I thought why not.

It has chess-like properties in that you have limited time to perform your moves. This has bitten me in the arse when I alt+tabbed to write this post.

Also in my first try I instantly lost Ludin, which was great, since being so early meant I could just restart. Then I lost Eyvind, but fuck Eyvind.

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

No Brom unfortunately as he couldn't keep up and it's already about too late, but hopefully next playthrough I'll be able to use him more effectively

Either way he's with us in spirit.

I am disappointed, Quetzal. Highly disappointed. If I were you, I would keep steady watch of your pillows.

Anyway, that's a neat team. I like how you're using Rhys over Mist, it's based.

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

f92eIpi.png

The magic of friendship. Literally.

15 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Aye, pretty much.

Though I have to say, I think this is the first video game, not even just Fire Emblem, I've played that hit me in such a deep spot.

Not bad. You're going to keep this game close at heart, I tell you. Meanwhile I will continue to wait for the fanmade "make the game good" mod so I can continue to not like it.

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hold on, the moderate wing?

I almost want to joke about that being a thing, but that detail about picking out a transition government for this coup too makes it quite concerning. More concerning would be how many they could get on board with it of course.

Well, she probably didn't openly advertise that she was planning to participate in a violent coup. But it's... telling, yet another 'isolated case' of a radical extremist in a party that insists that they're totally bourgeois moderates.

The part about the transitionial government seems to be more delusional than anything. Apparently, they were expecting widespread civil unrest across Germany, as well as large parts of the police and army joining them, which... I mean, there's obviously nazis in police and army, those are two very attractive institutions for authoritarian dickheads, but the idea that a majority of them would just flip over to a group of 25 terrorists is honestly asinine.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Forest restored and all that, but then that's why we dwell Far from the Forest.

That is why Tellius isn't canon to SF.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So my glasses broke today so now i gotta figure out how to get these replaced. Awesome. Exactly how i wanted to spend my free day.

I refuse to wear contacts btw.

Hope it's not a big pain to sort out.

Just now, ping said:

Well, she probably didn't openly advertise that she was planning to participate in a violent coup. But it's... telling, yet another 'isolated case' of a radical extremist in a party that insists that they're totally bourgeois moderates.

The part about the transitionial government seems to be more delusional than anything. Apparently, they were expecting widespread civil unrest across Germany, as well as large parts of the police and army joining them, which... I mean, there's obviously nazis in police and army, those are two very attractive institutions for authoritarian dickheads, but the idea that a majority of them would just flip over to a group of 25 terrorists is honestly asinine.

And it's not hard to see that AfD is not as it says it is too, which makes the pretending performance for the sake of it in the end.

That's why I wonder if these 25 are the actual limit, must be pretty deep in your ass to think that this plan works with this few involved in the planning stage and just assuming people will come on board who've heard nothing about it before they strike. And how do they plan on doing that?

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just started playing Tales of Symphonia again! Havent revisited it in quite some time and figured it was high past time.

Ah, I should play that one again one of these days.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's why I wonder if these 25 are the actual limit

There're ~20000 Reichsbürger or so across the country, i think. Or that's the number i read somewhere in the news today

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

inb4 mobile game