Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

ss_4d8cc4f085806ff167e7e587e0485b19e4972

sometimes indie games like this makes me smile, almost makes laugh even as SRPG fan. I mean, SRPG has aways been inspired by chess. but using chess and chess piece to make a strategy game is somehow funny to me. like going back to its basic roots then going off-track..

--------------------------------------------

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The first big thing to note is me capturing an Ekans I named @joevar, and Ekans is looking legitimately really good at this point in the game. It starts with just Glare and Wrap, which is an overpowered combo in Generation 1 to begin with. Then as it levels it learns Earthquake and Rock Slide, all before evolving at level 16...apparently the hack maker really likes the Ekans line to buff it so much

w-w-what. did someone just named their pokemon using my (user)name ?!

so its Ekans.. hmm i dont remember what is ekans.. lets see

023.png

huh so i am a snake now. dont remember being a snake-y person, or maybe i am already behaving like a snake all this time unknowingly.

-----------------

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

While still fine, relatively speaking, the nature of the curse means she and Chrom can't, well, have intercourse any time soon.

i will judge based on this one sentence alone

-------------------

ugh, i still havent got around writing that FE6 fanfic.. 

it will be about 8 Divine generals before they became heroes. before bramimond become.. bramimond. before hartmut fetish for dragon got scrutinized

only Barigan from Ilia, and Hanon from Sacae that i dont know what to write about their background fanfic. Also funnily enough, while everyone keeps saying Binding Blade (evidently) is not part of Divine weapon series, i just realized the official artwork of FE6 shows Hartmut wielding Binding Blade instead of Eckesachs beside the other General with their respective Divine Weapon. Just like that big FE:Cipher  artwork featuring FE6 characters

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, next week for Wave 3? Nice. Wave 4 won't be a likeable ride, but well, it will be a fun one at least.

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

i will judge based on this one sentence alone

That's what gets your attention?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Aw hell nah, i really missed out on this banger because of Chain Attack interruption.

call me nuts, but i really stopped using chain attack since the prison for story battles because of that interruption.. maybe i did it once for Z, but thats like because its needed there and osmehow the boss OST dont get interrupted in the 1st & 2nd phase iirc.(but the 3rd phase get interrupted 😕

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fungi that's pretending to be a bug. Cordyceps are interesting, yet incredibly disgusting, freaky, and scary when you think about. I approve actually.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I could not have asked for a better Pokemon to be named after.

Looks like I am on a roll in the naming department

12 hours ago, ping said:

Given the nature of the hack, I assume that X-Accuracy is removed from the game?

Actually, given the nature of the hack, I assume that X-Accuracy is an enemy-only item?

...I hope the enemy don't get that at some point. Fairly certain all of the X-items, barring a secret item or two, aren't available to the player in general, but I could be wrong about that.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sprite is amazing.

That is all.

Pokemon Generation 1 was famous for it goofy sprites, especially in the original Japanese Pokemon Green/Red versions, before their Pokemon Blue brought the slightly less ridiculous (sometime...) sprites that the international releases used, or the polished sprites of Pokemon Yellow.

Pj6aBk9.jpgLAkf74l.jpg

He's invisible...

Lol, bugs are funny sometimes.

qPeywYr.jpg

Hey chief, since I can't marry you in this route can I marry your sister instead?

This statement feels so very wrong...

Also this nuzlock looks damn insane, I wish you luck going forward.

Honestly, I am kinda expecting this run to end with a party wipe at some point. Is is supposed to be a Kazio version of the game after all...

10 hours ago, BrightBow said:

For some reason trainers using whips fell out of fashion over time. But there were quite a few in Gen 1.
Spr_RG_Cooltrainer_M.pngSpr_RG_Cooltrainer_F.pngSpr_RG_Sabrina.pngSpr_RG_Rocker.pngSpr_RG_Cue_Ball.png

How could you forget my favorite of the whip wielding trainers, the one so over the top that he actually kept his whip in all the remakes, the man the dual wields a whip, and spiral lollipop

Spr_RG_Tamer.png

The Tamer.

8 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Poor Golbat, they did it dirty in R/B. XD

Hey now, tongue Golbat is best Golbat.

Spr_1b_042.png

5 hours ago, Benice said:

@Eltosian Kadath, glad I'm not dead just yet! I haven't been too helful, though...

The irony here is that Benice is rather helpful, he is just so successful at what he does that the trainer fights he helps with the most tend not to go poorly enough to be given much screen time.

That being said, I am far too exhausted for any nuzlocke shenanigans today.

50 minutes ago, joevar said:

w-w-what. did someone just named their pokemon using my (user)name ?!

so its Ekans.. hmm i dont remember what is ekans.. lets see

023.png

huh so i am a snake now. dont remember being a snake-y person, or maybe i am already behaving like a snake all this time unknowingly.

Oops, missed the most recent page of TeeHee. Don't mean to offend, but I had to think of someone to be the snake. Odd as this sounds, with how beastly the thing ended up being I kinda regret not naming it @Armagon, but I was kinda hoping to get one of the early Rhyhorn encounters to name after him, as it is the most Godzilla like of the Gen 1 pokemon, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How could you forget my favorite of the whip wielding trainers, the one so over the top that he actually kept his whip in all the remakes, the man the dual wields a whip, and spiral lollipop

Spr_RG_Tamer.png

The Tamer.

I figured he was basically one of those lion tamers from the circus, and I thought I shouldn't count someone for who a whip is effectively a job accessory.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oops, missed the most recent page of TeeHee. Don't mean to offend, but I had to think of someone to be the snake. Odd as this sounds, with how beastly the thing ended up being I kinda regret not naming it @Armagon, but I was kinda hoping to get one of the early Rhyhorn encounters to name after him, as it is the most Godzilla like of the Gen 1 pokemon, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Chill, no offense taken. I actually find it funny.

I hope that joevar serves you well in beat- i mean, defeating other pokemon

And it's done. I'm back in Headspace.

... man, was the Sprout Mole Eater minigame meant to be hard on purpose or what. It felt like there was a deliberate delay with the arrow key presses. Still, reached the high score after several tries, haha.

Will continue tomorrow. Now, time for some writing!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Forgot to respond, yeah that's kinda lame. It probably does make sense for what appears to be a roguelike gauntlet challenge tho.

I would've thought precisely because of that, they would've made some new bosses. Add variety to the mode.

Oh well. Let's not kid ourselves, this is filler until Rayman. Nothing more, nothing less.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Debating if I buy now or wait until Wave 2 drops. Wave 2 and 3 of Sparks of Hope look really interesting.

I'll wait, myself.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also (for those who can't read Japanese) Engage's wave 3 DLC is releasing next week, which includes Chrom/Robin and Veronica.

It's going at the speed of light lol. I mean, not that they had any reason to release it at a slower pace, seeing how they very obviously had it ready pre-release.

My plan remains unchanged. The campaign is the only part that is of interest to me.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Spr_RG_Tamer.png

The Tamer.

He's making the meme FE4 face.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh yh rub it in me that i am an old sap will ya XD

The hardest part of being an anime man: perceiving any age over 30 as "one foot in the grave"

Hi it's random obscure voice actor trivia time with Ruben.

TIL Ryu Street Fighter's voice actor also voiced Freddy Awakening. That checks out. From what I've gathered, Ryu's opponents too must pick a god and pray. Awakening would definitely have been better if Fred could fire hadoukens, though.

You know who he also voiced, apparently?

VS3IxhhY_o.png

I am utterly flabbergasted. They truly are dreadful, war's horrors.

The pictured old man was also another surprise. I cannot believe I went all of Covenant cursing his name and I never realized that he shared his actor with one of my favorite voice performances in any videogame I've played. Him and Auguste. Maybe if Auguste had chastised his daughter for forgetting who raised her, she wouldn't have done what she did in route C. Stupid daughter.

Also Reinhilde was voiced by his wife. I thought that was cute.

...man, I miss this game.

You know theres saying "changing punctured tire with spare tire by yourself" is a skill that real men should know.. and i gotta say, it somehow feels great knowing that I managed to do just that in the middle of the road and completed it in considerable short time too.

feels like i just manage to kill a boss when gaming.

-----------------------------------------------------

back to gaming talk

ever wondered how many classes in RPG that one may start to considered it too much, where it feels overwhelming to new player ? 

VchdySs492.jpg

well... meet Pathfinder: WotR, this game has 25 base class, and each base has 4-6 sub-class that actually changes the class ability, plus additional 16 prestige classes. With a grand total of 199 classes. you can also multi class with almost no restriction except a select few, with the only real limit is your level to how many class you want to cram into one character. (its 20 for normal playthru). Then theres 10 mythic path that you can choose in the span of the story thats separate to the class and it brings its own perk , power, and different outcome of the story.

first time i played this, i think i spend 2+ hours stuck in character maker thinking what kind of build i want to make, and still ends up with crappy build anyway. the possible combination is mind numbing, altho ofc theres some "optimal build" to certain playstyle.

Edited by joevar

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh incidentally @Sooks I did... most of Castti 2 today. Winterbloom route. 

Lucky you! I didn’t get to play anything yesterday, let alone part of Best Character’s story.

I don't want to say anything yet because I left off right before the end. I had to hurry to a save point in the middle of the post-boss sequence. I also have like, zero time tonight, so I probably won't be able to finish until tomorrow. Really annoying, but it's because the boss fight was surprisingly challenging and took me a while, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

RIP

Nice that it was challenging tho. Was your below the recommended level, at it, or above it?

@Sooks I had zero time to push my minimum ranks update, so I instead did the five minutes I had left of Castti 2.

It was... underwhelming.

Nooooo

It did open up a few questions, though. Also, the alternate chatpers here work differently from Throné - With Throné I can already go to chapter 3 without doing the other chapter 2. With Castti, I have nothing to go on, so the only option is the other chapter 2.

Oh, so her other chapters serve as part of chapter 2? Interesting, I thought the one you didn’t do would become chapter 3.

And with Throné you seemingly don’t have to do both chapter 2s… hm. Maybe Castti’s 2nd chapter 2 will pair well with her first one to make the questions better?

Were the parts of Throné and Castti’s 2nd chapters that you did as long as their prologues? If so, it seems like this game has a lot of content.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

RIP

Nice that it was challenging tho. Was your below the recommended level, at it, or above it?

Fairly certain I was above it by a bit, but I cannot recall. You can probably tell me, in fact. See if you remember, ehen next you play, to tell me Winterbloom's recommended level.

Oh, so her other chapters serve as part of chapter 2? Interesting, I thought the one you didn’t do would become chapter 3.

Not quite.

And with Throné you seemingly don’t have to do both chapter 2s… hm. Maybe Castti’s 2nd chapter 2 will pair well with her first one to make the questions better?

I just hope they actually commit to it and make the story change somewhat if I don't do Throné's other chapter 2. It'd be so dumb if I go all the way up to the end, and then the game forces me to go back and do a chapter with a recommended level of 7.

Were the parts of Throné and Castti’s 2nd chapters that you did as long as their prologues? If so, it seems like this game has a lot of content.

A bit shorter, perhaps. Still, yes, this is looking to be a rather massive game. Not necessarily an upside, this is the kind of game I tend not to finish lol

1 hour ago, joevar said:

this game has 25 base class, and each base has 4-6 sub-class that actually changes the class ability, plus additional 16 prestige classes. With a grand total of 199 classes.

Incredible.

How different are they, though? I cannot expect there'd be huge differences with that amount of classes.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fairly certain I was above it by a bit, but I cannot recall. You can probably tell me, in fact. See if you remember, ehen next you play, to tell me Winterbloom's recommended level.

It’s 24. I have it memorized because I’ve been trying to keep Castti below it.

Not quite.

I just hope they actually commit to it and make the story change somewhat if I don't do Throné's other chapter 2. It'd be so dumb if I go all the way up to the end, and then the game forces me to go back and do a chapter with a recommended level of 7.

Yeah but it’d be kind of funny to go back and beat up Throné’s mom with a team of level 99 randos all in the secret advanced secondary jobs.

A bit shorter, perhaps. Still, yes, this is looking to be a rather massive game. Not necessarily an upside, this is the kind of game I tend not to finish lol

I mean, same, but I have hope.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not quite.

But… you just said……

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How different are they, though? I cannot expect there'd be huge differences with that amount of classes.

They all change the play style of the game to a different genre

11 hours ago, joevar said:

(but the 3rd phase get interrupted 😕 )

Third phase is the final stretch so it makes sense i think.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Odd as this sounds, with how beastly the thing ended up being I kinda regret not naming it @Armagon, but I was kinda hoping to get one of the early Rhyhorn encounters to name after him, as it is the most Godzilla like of the Gen 1 pokemon, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

I appreciate the sentiment.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh well. Let's not kid ourselves, this is filler until Rayman. Nothing more, nothing less.

Filler until the second Wave with the fourth Spark Hunter that was teased in one of the endgame maps. 

Like if Wave 1 alone has all that, i think we're looking at a real meaty expansion pass here with Waves 2 and 3.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hi it's random obscure voice actor trivia time with Ruben.

TIL Ryu Street Fighter's voice actor also voiced Freddy Awakening. That checks out. From what I've gathered, Ryu's opponents too must pick a god and pray. Awakening would definitely have been better if Fred could fire hadoukens, though.

TIL that the narrator in Kirby's Epic Yarn was also the original voice actor of Zelgius

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if comparing base class, they are just different. if comparing subclass, thats where it get tricky and just plain headache to remember/compare.

at a glance its like comparing Royal knight and Paladin in Engage. they could look and use same stuff, but still different. But the subclass usually remove one of the perk of base class,  tweak the remaining, and add something else. that something else could be a perk thats unique to other base class. So you can get a situation where you multiclass to get a perk you want, but theres actually a subclass that already have what you want... plus/minus a drawback from its base class.

put it simply, yes theres going to be some ntersecting, or overlap stuff. but unless you multiclass, its going to be different at the details. Also weapon proficiency is not restricted to class, but some gain benefit from it

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Third phase is the final stretch so it makes sense i think.

thats where i just dont understand why. after all that dramatic sequence, suddenly chain attack interrupts again. (i know it from watching stream, since i just prefer spamming talent art to see non-controlled support char doing their job)

Edited by joevar

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha, another Pikachu alright.

Pokemon anime announcements are always so funny because the West is still behind by like a year.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s 24. I have it memorized because I’ve been trying to keep Castti below it.

That explains it, I was very slightly underleveled. 1-2 levels under for everyone except Osvald.

Yeah but it’d be kind of funny to go back and beat up Throné’s mom with a team of level 99 randos all in the secret advanced secondary jobs.

True lol

But… you just said……

Haha, I said not quite in agreement with your statemet that it's not quite the same!

They all change the play style of the game to a different genre

...are there even 199 videogame genres?

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Filler until the second Wave with the fourth Spark Hunter that was teased in one of the endgame maps. 

...you mean Edge?

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like if Wave 1 alone has all that, i think we're looking at a real meaty expansion pass here with Waves 2 and 3.

I'll wait and see, but it does look to be pretty nice. Shame Ubisoft seems to have officially turned its back on the franchise. First it undersells according to them, now they just unceremoniously push out wave 2. Not looking good for a M&R 3. Soon it will be time for Ubisoft Milan to jump ship is what I'm saying

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TIL that the narrator in Kirby's Epic Yarn was also the original voice actor of Zelgius

That also adds up. Kirby is terrifying.

29 minutes ago, joevar said:

if comparing base class, they are just different. if comparing subclass, thats where it get tricky and just plain headache to remember/compare.

at a glance its like comparing Royal knight and Paladin in Engage. they could look and use same stuff, but still different. But the subclass usually remove one of the perk of base class,  tweak the remaining, and add something else. that something else could be a perk thats unique to other base class. So you can get a situation where you multiclass to get a perk you want, but theres actually a subclass that already have what you want... plus/minus a drawback from its base class.

put it simply, yes theres going to be some ntersecting, or overlap stuff. but unless you multiclass, its going to be different at the details. Also weapon proficiency is not restricted to class, but some gain benefit from it

I see. Sounds complex, and pretty interesting.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That explains it, I was very slightly underleveled. 1-2 levels under for everyone except Osvald.

Hmm…

Haha, I said not quite in agreement with your statemet that it's not quite the same!

Well, I guess I’ll find out for myself.

...are there even 199 videogame genres?

Depends on your definition of video game