• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, want to guess what I also put to appear at random in my CK2 playthrough?

eldaHUU.png

DUN DUN DUN

Yeah...

RIP

And judging by your other screenshots... good lord!
Though it's not entirely unrealistic, when we look at actual history of the Black Death...

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, and that's a bad thing?

No, but I swore to myself I won’t start playing Three Houses until I finish the Death Dealer series.

Edited by Wraith

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If you really hate rng that much, why are you playing FE?

I really love that question -_-

FE isn't only rng

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't listen to Benice, he has a personal vendetta against the map.

I can see why

So many green units xD

It has a story justification.

Interesting

Inb4 equal to money i spent or something xD

Adel in particular is impossible to get there

Oh yeah i heard that. It's about tactics rank or something. He needd 18 points to promote, and i should have 9 or 10 by now. So if i am good enough i should be able to promote him by ch8 or9.

I wish we could see how many points we have ingame though..

Edited by Shrimperor

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh yeah i heard that. It's about tactics rank or something. He needd 18 points to promote, and i should have 9 or 10 by now. So if i am good enough i should be able to promote him by ch8 or9.

Hah! Actually, that's Reese. Reese is really easy, even if you fail to get the 18 points he'll automatically promote in chapter 10.

Adel needs 30 spear points... on a 30% growth and a base of 4. Yeah. Even with the ability to get skill points in combat, Adel's growth is so low that he takes forever to reach the threshold. And, well, the game doesn't last forever.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Actually, that's Reese

oh wait

why did i misread Adel as Reese XD

As for Adel, he currently has 13 spear points

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he'll automatically promote in chapter 10.

I wanna try to promote him earlier then xD

Happy birthday to the one and only @Othin!

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I can see why

So many green units xD

It's not the green units...

IT'S NOT THE GREEN UNITS...

MMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!

Like dang, Barselphon really hay have had a tragic life, but dang if I don't wanna strangle him for this citizen request.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Like dang, Barselphon really hay have had a tragic life, but dang if I don't wanna strangle him for this citizen request.

lol

Honestly at first i liked citizen requests

now i just find them an annoyance ngl

But i need all the money i can get my hands on, so...

xD

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I really love that question -_-

FE isn't only rng

While that's true, you're going to have to deal with it eventually. And if you get upset every time it comes up, you'll end up not having much fun. Say you get critted in FE10 and are forced to reset a desert chapter in part 4, after hours of play time, do you just rage? Hard mode obviously, so no battle saves.

I dont mean it in a disrespectful way, just trying to understand is all.

21-5a090de6cd5c33e0c522b30cf64ef67a1b77a

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Unsatisfied by Sister Simping?

it's not enough xD

i spend ~20k every chapter, so...

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And if you get upset every time it comes up

not everytime, but when stuff like missing a 90 and getting hit by 10 is bound to piss me off.

if it's something 50/50 then yeah, sure.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hard mode obviously, so no battle saves.

wait FE10 normal had battle saves?

never used them

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not enough xD

i spend ~20k every chapter, so...

Wat? In my current playthrough, in which I've just finished ch. 11, have nearly 60k. I guess I'm just a cheapskate...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i currently do have 30k, but i didn't prepare for ch6 yet, which will cost me ~10k or so

Ah. Yeah, ch.6 is a costly one, since you'll probably want some good units unless you're pulling a cheese strat.

Just now, Benice said:

Ah. Yeah, ch.6 is a costly one, since you'll probably want some good units unless you're pulling a cheese strat.

i got Sherpa, and will hire Sylvis

Hopefully i will perma recruit some of the Mercs soon because i need to save money xD

Just now, Othin said:

I have no idea what all this is but I see Berwick Saga talk, hell yeah.

Those were my thoughts exactly when I first arrived to this thread.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wat? In my current playthrough, in which I've just finished ch. 11, have nearly 60k. I guess I'm just a cheapskate...

60k?! How!? Go buy some furniture right this moment, you bastard!

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hopefully i will perma recruit some of the Mercs soon because i need to save money xD

From my experience, it usually starts to happen between chapters 7 and 9. There's a handful of mercs who can only be recruited much later, though. Not much you can do about that, sadly.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

My eternal rival @Benice got a couple of us into Berwick, so it's what's talked about over here atm xD

I'm the one who got him into it, so I deserve all the credit. Please praise me.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Happy birthday!

Basically this is our little shilling, complaining, chatting and playthrough thread.

My eternal rival @Benice got a couple of us into Berwick, so it's what's talked about over here atm xD

Thanks!

And excellent. Always good to get more people on board.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Haven't played Vestaria, but I doubt that even someone as audacious as Kaga would actually have no access to items at all. I can't be certain until I try, but I just...I don't see Kaga doing something that dumb. He makes bad design decisions a lot, but there surely would be ways to get items-I seem to recall hearing about a chapter where you attack a town to resupply.

I went back through Discord to see what it was that caused me to drop the game. The game started to become really unfun in Ch.13 but Ch.13 was also a desert map so i hoped it was just this chapter and things would go back to normal for the most part. They didn't. Ch.14 and 15 were hell. And then you get to Ch.15-X, which is just a prep chapter, very similar to the one in FE7. This is also where the route split begins, one route following Zade (the primary Lord) and the other following Cyltan (the secondary (tertiary?) Lord) and the game would alternate between them. The units that go to each route is predetermined. Here's the problem.

• The game made sure to tell me that Ch.15-X would basically be the last time i'm able to restock. There probably are other restock options but it didn't seem like i'd be seeing anymore shops after this.
  • Most of the units that were going with Cyltan were units that i benched, some who weren't at high enough levels to even be promoted in the first place. 

Because i was playing blind, i had no way of knowing that the route split worked like that, let alone happen in the first place. And people who had played through the whole game were like "yeah, if you weren't training up Cyltan's side of the game, you're gonna have a really bad time these upcoming chapters" and at that point, i had zero motivation to continue playing. Ch.13, 14 and 15 were all terrible maps and hearing it was gonna get worse just because i didn't have the foresight of training specific units? Nah, i was done.

A chunk of Vestaria's problems can be attributed to being made at a time when SRPG studio was barebones but most of the problems are just Bad Kaga Design and between this and FE4 and 5, i'm very wary of playing TRS and Berwick, because i have no faith in Kaga.

Go buy some furniture right this momen

smh who needs furniture! A Doormat is enough xD

From my experience, it usually starts to happen between chapters 7 and 9.

If my planning is right, i should be perma recruiting Sylvis, Dean, Faye, Sherpa and Esteban soon.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm the one who got him into it, so I deserve all the credit. Please praise me.

377110562116468766.png?v=1

and who got you into Berwick? He deserves all the credit then xD

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The units that go to each route is predetermined

Oh yes. I remember playing a FE8 hack (Midori) that had something like this as well

All my op units went with Ephraim, which made his chapters a breeze

While all weak and useless units went with Eirika and the chapters became Hell and i basically was in no mood to continue anymore

Edited by Shrimperor