• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Does he get good promotion bonuses?

They're fine, much better than FE7's promo bonuses, and because of his really good prf, he can be viable once he promotes. The problem is that he promotes from an infantry sword with 5 movement to an infantry sword with 6. (And he doesn't get new animations other than when using BB.) If you were to invest in Roy, it'd likely be with Angelic Robes, in the situation of a Hard Ironman where a reset ends the run.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you... are you attempting to complete every quest they have? I wish you luck in that endeavor.

Yes. Xenoblade X sidequests are good.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Don't bother investing a lot in Roy-He promotes after-Get this-Chapter 21x, where there are three maps left in the game if you get the good ending.

Honestly, just give Roy the Boots so that he isn't stuck with 5 mov for most of the game.

Just now, Armagon said:

Honestly, just give Roy the Boots so that he isn't stuck with 5 mov for most of the game.

That is certainly one option. Personally, I prefer to give him the buyable boots so he can be "good" in the last two maps, but both are viable.

Btw @Sooks1016, there is a secret shop where Zeiss starts in ch. 16, and another in ch. 20 where you can buy boots! That one's in this one tile of grass in the middle of the mountains.

Just now, Benice said:

That is certainly one option. Personally, I prefer to give him the buyable boots so he can be "good" in the last two maps, but both are viable.

Btw @Sooks1016, there is a secret shop where Zeiss starts in ch. 16, and another in ch. 20 where you can buy boots! That one's in this one tile of grass in the middle of the mountains.

One pair of boots or how many?

You get one in Nabata, (GET THE WARP STAFF TOO) then as many as you can afford in ch. 21.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I think as long as you have the money, you can buy as many Boots as you want. But I'd imagine they are super expensive.

The safest bet is to just use a thief to dig up the Boots in Ch.14.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

You get one in Nabata, (GET THE WARP STAFF TOO) then as many as you can afford in ch. 21.

There's also a Silver Card in there, useful for lowering prices.

So I should just look up a guide for where stuff is in Nabata and bring a thief?

Yeah, that's what I did. Just be sure the thieves are well protected (though I'd personally only bring Alstor or whatever the name is of the last thief to join, since he's the only one who won't die in one hit).

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

So I should just look up a guide for where stuff is in Nabata and bring a thief?

Yes, but there is actually a trick-If you know where the stuff is, open up the unit menu, (like, where you see their stats) and I think that gets the game to the right rn to find the buried treasure.

So, my EO2U classic playthrough starts out as a hot mess, just as expected. XD

I only have two front-liners and not too many skills available to me right now. At least I already got the elemental rounds for Victoria (my Gunner girl), so she can target elemental weaknesses pretty well. Catastro's Sapping Curse (Catastro is the name of my Hexer) has also proven itself very useful to ensure Tamaki (my Ronin) stays alive.
Speaking of Tamaki, the Ronin class starts with 27 HP and they get two-shot by everything this early on. Luckily, she managed to avoid the clutches of an early death due to Sapping Curse decreasing enemy attack stats.
And predictably, Brownie the Bear (my Beast and - headcanon-wise - Victoria's pet), is a massive tank. His (or her?) Lick Wounds skill has been very useful to supplement my Medic, Dr. Jeff's, own healing (the "Dr." is important, he doesn't like being called just "Jeff" XD). Saved me some TP, for sure!
So despite things being a little messy, I'm managing rather fine so far.

Wow, fe6 sure gives you a lot of units huh?

Also rip Chad, he died like a true Chad, doing something he really should have been able to do but failed miserably (dodging a 40)

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Wow, fe6 sure gives you a lot of units huh?

Also rip Chad, he died like a true Chad, doing something he really should have been able to do but failed miserably (dodging a 40)

Which chapter?

Yeah, FE6 is designed with ironmanning in mind. Aside from Ambush spawns, that is.

7. The one where you get the cavs and a paladin with plain designs who seem really boring and not noteworthy.

Edited by Sooks1016

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

7. The one where you get the cavs and a paladin with plain designs who seem really boring and not noteworthy.

Ah, okay, that's fine. You'll just miss out on Roy's second rapier and...3k, I think?

RIP, Noah and Treck are among my ffavorites in the game...

Noah has merit having C rank swords at base, allowing him to use Killing Edges. He can also promote fairly quickly (he's level 7, iirc) if you want a third Marcus/Jerrot-esque character.

WRT Roy and boosters: it's perfectly viable to, like... not really use Roy much? Promoting at the end of 21 (or 21x if you get the Gaiden) means he has so many opportunies to get experience via simply chipping and the occassional kill. Once he gets the Binding Blade, he becomes a monster when using it regardless of how much he (hasn't) grown.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, okay, that's fine. You'll just miss out on Roy's second rapier and...3k, I think?

Actually I’m resetting since this is my first play through. No man left behind!

What does suck is that Dorothy (I know she’s an archer) had a level that was strength and speed (among other things) and then a level that was strength, speed, and defense (among other things) and I have to reset over it...

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What does suck is that Dorothy (I know she’s an archer) had a level that was strength and speed (among other things) and then a level that was strength, speed, and defense (among other things) and I have to reset over it...

Oof. You do get so many units that the game is hard to be uncompleteable, between the really good prepromotes and other recruits, though. Don't be too worried about that bit.

Btw, you did get Sue, right?

Saul is probably the best warper in the game, so I'd recommend using him.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's too bad that one of the only ways to get physical Atelier in English is by way of a $90 multipack from Play Asia, if that's the one you're talking about.

I'm talking digital.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So Im considering one of the Atelier triple packs. Is it worth it?

If you're planning on playing an entire trilogy of games anyway, then yeah, I'd say it's worth it, since it'd be more expensive to buy them individually.