Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, that's true.

Tellius bridge maps intensify

How about the fact that 95% of Fe7 and FE8 have FE6's weapon icons/sprites/ect. The list goes on, XD.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hear Radiant Dawn is better in that department and while I know the plot of both games, I haven't actually played them so my intent was to play them in order.

Radiant Dawn also suffers from piss-poor game speed, and part 4's maps are huge routfests that takes five hours. This isn't a popular opinion, but I'd argue part 3 sucks as well. Ike and his goons are so overpowered that the maps consist of moving them forward and watching them veeeeeeeeeeery slowly eat up all the enemies.

That being said, parts 1 and 2 are much better than anything in PoR, so that's something at least.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and witches can die in a fire.

What if I told you TearRing Saga gives you a playable witch.

Oh yeah. Complete with infinite range warp and all.

God, I love Sierra.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Please explain to me how my skill level exists.

Hello, I am person who lost 36 units in FE6. How do you do.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And to completely kill of any remaining credibility I had: I unironically don't think Echoes' maps are awful.

Most of them just struck me as bland and too straightforward for their own good, more than outright bad. That was Three Houses's maps!

...Nuibaba's abode can die in a fire, though. Took me literal days to complete, and only by abusing the retreat feature. Without it I think I would've quit on that map. With it... I quit after that map. Zeke is still standing on that plain of his, waiting for his beloved.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''Every FE is kinda different and has it's fans andĀ it's fine that way. We don't want to be pokemon, after all!''

Preach.

Incidentally, I've never liked Pokemon. Just find it boring, is all.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry everyone, I dont enjoy 3H!

I second this.

...Well, actually, 3H is in a bit of a weird spot for me. Whereas I'd never again touch games like PoR with a ten-foot pole, 3H is a game that I continue to give chances to, in desperate hopes that one day I'll find a set-up that lets me enjoy it.

It's all Hanneman's fault. In spite of being in a game I don't really like, surrounded by characters I mostly don't feel that much about, Hanneman stands out because he's one of my favorite characters in the series, with one of the top 10 designs in the entire series. I want to love his game so I can keep replaying it and use him every time. But I can't. It's so frustrating.

Here's a real unpopular opinion that will make me lose all credibility: I didn't mind the Pifall maps much. Once you figure out that Fliers can cover for units to move on them normally, it just becomes a normal map

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

part 4's maps are huge routfests that takes five hours

HN9InEF.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Whoever thought this is a good idea should never work on game design everĀ again

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

remember what i said a few days before?

''Every FE is kinda different and has it's fans andĀ it's fine that way. We don't want to be pokemon, after all!''. So you don't lose any credibility.

Thanks for the encouragement, Shrimpy! ^^
And you're right.

Heck, I like different FE games for different reasons.
I love Awakening because I enjoy the characters and breaking the game in half with OP skill builds is incredibly fun to me.
I like Shadow Dragon for its gameplay (though I never played it on the harder modes).
I like Echoes for its artstyle (literally perfect, imo - although as an Atelier "fan", that one is obvious. XD), music, and presentation.
I like Tellius for being... well, Tellius (a.k.a. RD has the best gameplay along with 3H imo)
And Three Houses is just the complete package to me, especially when it comes to the story and characters.
etc.

I mean, as someone who loves the hell out of Conquest, people tell me i would love FE6 and FE12, as they are also considered ''gameplay kings'' by some people...

you know exactly how i feel about them, especially the formerĀ xD

Oh yeah. XD

I have played FE6 and 12 only once so far, but I'd like to revisit the latter again, as I remember liking it.
Also, @Saint Rubenio opened my eyes to how awesome this guy actually is, so I definitely want to see that for myself at some point.
latest?cb=20090904110447

And many of those who Conquest lovers like me hate 3H gameplay, yet i love it, so...

xD

Loving both is never a bad thing, I'd say!

10 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

But the whole point of rock bottom is that you can't go lower. Please explain to me how my skill level exists.

Well... I think you're either rock bottom, too, or you're better than me and just don't know it yet!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Nuibaba's abode can die in a fire, though.

... Yes, it can.
Yes. It can.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Without it I think I would've quit on that map. With it... I quit after that map. Zeke is still standing on that plain of his, waiting for his beloved.

RIP XD

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! LITERALLY HOW DARE YOU!??!?!?!?!?!one11eleven!!?!??!?

I'm joking, obviously. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's a real unpopular opinion that will make me lose all credibility: I didn't mind the Pifall maps much. Once you figure out that Fliers can cover for units to move on them normally, it just becomes a normal map

You've given me the courage to say

I agree, actually.
Though I do prefer the PoR version due to the context the map takes place in. And it has better enemy placements, too, to make it feel more frantic.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have played FE6 and 12 only once so far, but I'd like to revisit the latter again, as I remember liking it.
Also, @Saint Rubenio opened my eyes to how awesome this guy actually is, so I definitely want to see that for myself at some point.
latest?cb=20090904110447

Ā 

FE12, ngl, is a good game. I can't stand Kris, but the rest of the game is really good, so long as you remember to get all the spheres and get the good ending that I had no idea existed nor did the game tell you you had to get to get said good ending.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
FE12, ngl, is a good game. I can't stand Kris, but the rest of the game is really good, so long as you remember to get all the spheres and get the good ending that I had no idea existed nor did the game tell you you had to get to get said good ending.

FE6 intensifies.
I confess, I never good the true ending on my first playthrough. If I play it again, I will definitely try to get it.

Now that I think about it... Shrimpy hates FE6 and FE12, the two games that are structurally very similar to each other (i.e. you need to get items to get a true ending, and the plots are sort of similar, too).

Thoughts, @Shrimperor?

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

latest?cb=20090904110447

Ā 

He might not look like much, but that right there is the greatest knight in the entire series. And also perhaps the most tragic.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

RIP XD

To be fair, it didn't help that I tried to be an actually legal FE player for once. Got an legit copy of the game and dusted off my old 3DS. It was one of the first models, which means every time I tried playing Echoes it felt like my eyes were going to shrivel up and commit death. Fucking hell, that screen is so tiny... And the console is small too! My hands started to hurt from extended sessions just from trying to grip the thing and use the buttons at the same time!

Maybe I should give the game another shot someday, on an emulator. ...Maybe skip the abode, too. I was actually having a bit of fun until the abode killed the whole game for me.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's my favorite FE, if you don't count KagaSaga. I actually don't really enjoy the good ending all that much, though. I find it drags on for a bit too long (seriously, what's the need for all those filler dragon chapters at the end?). But beyond that, I love it, and I have a huge soft spot for its cast, a mixed bag as though it may be. I don't even find Kris to be such an awful, terrible monstrosity! Don't get me wrong, I don't love them or anything, but they're pretty fun to use as a unit, and I feel people overstate how much they ruin the story.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and witches can die in a fire.

I was honestly disappointed in how much of a non-issue Witches were after everyone hyped them up to be a pain in the ass. Same with Cantors too.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nothing to apologize for!

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well... I think you're either rock bottom, too, or you're better than me and just don't know it yet!

We can be twins!

Anyway, Lilina got an HP only level. F

I am called the lord of unpopular opinions where it comes to FE somewhere, so xD

Honestly, i think above anything the reason why i love 3H so much is that it brought gameplay changes i thought the series always needed. Sure most of them started with Echoes, but 3H went deeper with the systems and made them work with standard FE.

Stuff like Comabt Arts, standard longer range Archers, Magic with variable ranges and per map uses, a durability system that doesn't encourage hoarding, Gambits, Aoe Attacks, etc.

Almost all of these changes i highly approve of and always thought the series needed.

Figures though that alot of that stuff is already in Berwick Saga. Although i do prefer how 3H went with Combat Arts since some Combat Arts in Berwick don't justify their super long cooldown or having to not have moved to not use them.

Ā 

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And here I am, not minding the rout maps.

whistles nervously

I think my biggest problem with them is that they just slow me down.

I don't LTC, far from it, but i do like playing efficiently, and with rout, especially with reinforcements, it just becomes a drag to hunt every last one of them in every corner of the map. Idc about exp if it slows me down.

If you've noticed, i've been also complaining about Berwick saga and stuff appearing at turn 20, because most of the time i've cleared the map 15 turns in, so making me play 5 extra turns of wait simulator isn't fun for me, at all. It just discourages efficiency, because if you end the map early, you are gonna miss out on some good stuff.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now that I think about it... Shrimpy hates FE6 and FE12, the two games that are structurally very similar to each other (i.e. you need to get items to get a true ending, and the plots are sort of similar, too).

The hate has less to do with the Story and more with the gameplay, tbh. I can go in detail, if you want.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I can go in detail, if you want.

Please do. FE12 is my favorite game, and I have a big soft spot for FE6 too. Let me hear what you have to say before I kill you.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was one of the first models, which means every time I tried playing Echoes it felt like my eyes were going to shrivel up and commit death. Fucking hell, that screen is so tiny... And the console is small too!

Oh so very relatable. I had to get my first 3DS replaced because the R button broke, and got a 3DS XL instead.
The difference is like night and day. My first reaction was literally "wait, THAT'S what this looks like?!?" when I popped in Awakening. XD

I'd rather not play FE Warriors, Hyrule Warriors Legends or Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 on the old model, that's for damn sure...

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

We can be twins!

I'd be fine with that!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe I should give the game another shot someday, on an emulator. ...Maybe skip the abode, too. I was actually having a bit of fun until the abode killed the whole game for me.

That always sucks when there is one part that just kills a game for you. Been there myself.
And don't feel bad about skipping the abode. Zeke is a good unit, and so is Tatiana due to rescue and especially Invoke, but neither is necessary to beat the game, I feel like.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The hate has less to do with the Story and more with the gameplay, tbh. I can go in detail, if you want.

I forced you to read my vile thoughts on Conquest yet again, so the least I can do is hear you out! XD
Sure thing! If you want to, of course!

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry Draggy, it just doesnt do it for me.

No need for apologies! It was a joke, I assure you!
A bad one, I admit, but I had no ill intent.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

TurtleĀ mode activated

You can do it, my twin!

---

Badass Arran art is badass.
Aran.(Fire.Emblem).240.993182.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames