Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Yeah, it's sorta squeaky, although opposite to a toddler, she occasionally sounds like a grandma to me, at least in her touch voice clip. Funny enough, she shares the same VA as Sharena.

That actually explains a lot. Not that I hate Sharena's voice too or anything, I actually like it, she just sounds young too. But not THAT young. And not annoying.

EDIT: Oh crap, I didn't realize I was the last person to post in here, my bad for the double post. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

That actually explains a lot. Not that I hate Sharena's voice too or anything, I actually like it, she just sounds young too. But not THAT young. And not annoying.

If anything, Lilina's attack grunts sound pretty Sharena-y instead of anything similar to her squeaky voice. ...Although they're just grunts.

Oh, and similarly, Ray Chase voices both Roy and Alfonse. Coincidence?

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

As Arcanite said, Takumi only do about 11 damage and get OHKOed in return. In fact, she 1RKO pretty much every Green, Colorless and Sword enemies I encounter. I do think what makes my particular Sanaki so effective is that she's +Atk and got an additional +1 Atk from merging which compensate with the 3 atk loss suffered when switching from Cymbeline to Raudhrraven+ and I run her with Hone Atk Nino to further increase her offense, giving her an effective 78 Atk against Green and Colorless. 

Love it. Super jelly. I rely on Nino right now but if my buffs aren't aligned just right she's forced to take damage from Takumi which I hate.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

If anything, Lilina's attack grunts sound pretty Sharena-y instead of anything similar to her squeaky voice. ...Although they're just grunts.

Oh, and similarly, Ray Chase voices both Roy and Alfonse. Coincidence?

Huh, that's kinda funny. :P

Thankfully I don't usually run into Takumi anymore in Arena unless he's +10, but playing through the Gauntlet reminds me of why I hated him so much. Especially since I can't choose a counter like Julia or Robin, even though I have them, if I want the bonus from using Minerva :/

Oh, by the way guys, I 5 starred Nino. And forgot to see her boon and bane before I levelled her up.

I'm ready to do all of the bests in my possession.

6 minutes ago, Volo said:

Love it. Super jelly. I rely on Nino right now but if my buffs aren't aligned just right she's forced to take damage from Takumi which I hate.

It's very effective, but it's not a cheap build. I had to spend 20K feathers on getting a Henry to 5* just to sacrifice him. 

I'm gonna vent for a second and say that I hate fucking hate Henry in Heroes.

No matter what happens, Henry dies OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER AGAIN. He is probably the WORST character that I have trained, which is saying something cause I thought a vanilla Draug was bad enough.

I get that he's supposed to be a physical tank and all. But he still takes a decent amount of damage. Something like Robin's defense, except worse (even if Robin is a five star). And it doesn't help that his low speed is absolutely garbage (he's currently at level 21, with 8 SPD) I think it's good to assume that I ended up with a -SPD nature. So basically, he's the slowest unit I have so far.

Weapon triangle advantage doesn't help him whatsoever. His low attack merely tickles the enemy (and the enemy is usually 1-5 levels higher). Instead, he gets doubled and killed in one round by every green mage I've seen so far. Did I mentioned that his RES is pretty lame as well? EVEN PHYSICAL GREEN UNITS ACTUALLY MANAGE TO KILL HENRY WITH EASE! I DON'T! KNOW! HOW! IT JUST HAPPENED! I've yet to actually see if Rauorraven does any good. But it's pretty obvious to say that he ain't going to do any damage to healers.

So yeah, once Henry reaches the desired level, I am just going to insta-perma-bench him. Goodbye Henry, you will not be missed!

I noticed there was a movies section that has the opening and all the summons you've seen

which leads me to: did they never add more movies for newer characters? Kind of funny they made a big deal about it in the interview. Maybe they realized most people sklip them

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ninian is Eliwood's, now and forever!

Hahahaha I do agree with you.

I just found it funny to think about Hector stealing his best's friend fiancée.

Fun fact, the best way to win the gauntlet battles is to use a lvl.1 character. The opponents will all be lvl. 1, but you get a lvl.40 for some reason (probably your friends' unit).

11 minutes ago, Alfred Kamon said:

Fun fact, the best way to win the gauntlet battles is to use a lvl.1 character. The opponents will all be lvl. 1, but you get a lvl.40 for some reason (probably your friends' unit).

Everyone knows this (not to be rude, cause that would be moronic), and like I said to NutCase, using level 1 units is for squares

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Everyone knows this (not to be rude, cause that would be moronic), and like I said to NutCase, using level 1 units is for squares

"not to be rude", but then you call other people squares... hmm?

Oh well it was just to throw my 2 cents in there, I don't read all the posts on this forum so I really didn't know if it was a known matter or not.

And honestly I prefer efficiency over challenge for the gauntlet, if I need a challenge I go to the arena, not to a game mode where deaths don't even matter and units are randomised.

But heh, guess I'm square for having different taste? snrk

15 minutes ago, Alfred Kamon said:

But heh, guess I'm square for having different taste? snrk

Your words not mine buddy

No you aren't, but maybe I should've eleborated or held my tongue?

Some people just want their flipping feathers and that's completely understandable.

Edit: 6666th post BTW XD

Edited by Arcanite

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Falcom Hey so, while Henry isn't exactly the best red mage around, he can still be salvaged. Here's some calcs that I ran for someone a while back:

I said this before and I'll gladly say it again. I don't plan on utilizing skill inheritance so much. Especially if said character is not a 5 star. Besides, Henry was never a character that I planned on permanently using. It's still cool to know that he can be salvaged with skill inheritance. So that's another reason why skill inheritance can be good.

43 minutes ago, Falcom said:

No matter what happens, Henry dies OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER AGAIN. He is probably the WORST character that I have trained, which is saying something cause I thought a vanilla Draug was bad enough.

I get that he's supposed to be a physical tank and all. But he still takes a decent amount of damage. Something like Robin's defense, except worse (even if Robin is a five star). And it doesn't help that his low speed is absolutely garbage (he's currently at level 21, with 8 SPD) I think it's good to assume that I ended up with a -SPD nature. So basically, he's the slowest unit I have so far.

Weapon triangle advantage doesn't help him whatsoever. His low attack merely tickles the enemy (and the enemy is usually 1-5 levels higher). Instead, he gets doubled and killed in one round by every green mage I've seen so far. Did I mentioned that his RES is pretty lame as well? EVEN PHYSICAL GREEN UNITS ACTUALLY MANAGE TO KILL HENRY WITH EASE! I DON'T! KNOW! HOW! IT JUST HAPPENED! I've yet to actually see if Rauorraven does any good. But it's pretty obvious to say that he ain't going to do any damage to healers.

So yeah, once Henry reaches the desired level, I am just going to insta-perma-bench him. Goodbye Henry, you will not be missed!

I highly suggest giving him Triangle Adept from the start if you haven't already if you ever intend to use him for anything.

When I was leveling up my 3-star Sophia, the first thing I did was transfer (my last) Triangle Adept 3 to her, and her SP went to Triangle Adept 1, Triangle Adept 2, Fenrir, Dragon Gaze, and Triangle Adept 3 in that order. Triangle Adept was enough to reasonably tank anything green that didn't horribly out-level her.

That said, Sophia actually has offensive presence, unlike Henry.

55 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I never realized what was going on until I read this just now LOL

Sheesh man, who spat in your fruity pebbles? I think Henry is basically useful for fodder and that's it. I'm assuming you're training him for ignis or defiant defense. If so then this begs the question.

Why u no use shards?

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I highly suggest giving him Triangle Adept from the start if you haven't already if you ever intend to use him for anything.

When I was leveling up my 3-star Sophia, the first thing I did was transfer (my last) Triangle Adept 3 to her, and her SP went to Triangle Adept 1, Triangle Adept 2, Fenrir, Dragon Gaze, and Triangle Adept 3 in that order. Triangle Adept was enough to reasonably tank anything green that didn't horribly out-level her.

That said, Sophia actually has offensive presence, unlike Henry.

That actually makes me consider leveling my 4* Sophia, since, aside from Henry, she's my only red mage (and she's level 32).

12 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

That actually makes me consider leveling my 4* Sophia, since, aside from Henry, she's my only red mage (and she's level 32).

Well, at least Sophia's Atk is above average (33 against Henry's 23)

Edited by Troykv

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why u no use shards?

Oh trust me. I used all 10,000 of them from the quiz. XD

16 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm currently running a neutral 5-star +0 Sophia with only Triangle Adept 3 from skill inheritance and she is horrifying. There's virtually nothing she can actually one-round kill without her special up due to her low Spd, but her absolute worst match-up against vanilla +0 green units outside of a fully buffed Nino is against +Atk Cherche, who does only 6x2 damage to her.

I also suggest nabbing Henry's Raudhrraven+ since the added bulk against colorless is worth losing the 2 Atk. I haven't gotten around to getting a 5-star Henry to eat yet, and I don't think my Sophia has the SP yet anyways.

If you're going to use Sophia seriously, she really, really wants a dancer to help her grab her kills.

Also, purposely standing in front of Brave Axe users to charge up her special is rather amusing.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

Replying to this as well as @Anacybele concerns regarding Henry. Henry plays differently from mages like Lilina, Sanaki, Nino and Linde who specialize at one shotting or one rounding opponents. Henry is a unit designed, imo, to tank physical hits as much as possible in order to fill up his Ignis gauge. His spd instead of being a hell is rather a blessing as he'll appreciate getting that fire punch ready to be used. He can stomp Hectors with Ignis at defiant def range, as well as tank takumis quite safely without getting the vengeance shot. It's just a matter of adapting how he plays. But that's up to the player.

So basically what quintessence is saying is,

Henry is a red Male Robin, but he falls off because of his low speed and not effective against red typing. He charges his special fast though!

This has been shortening long posts with ya homie, Arcanite! Good night ladies and gentlemen!

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Replying to this as well as @Anacybele concerns regarding Henry. Henry plays differently from mages like Lilina, Sanaki, Nino and Linde who specialize at one shotting or one rounding opponents. Henry is a unit designed, imo, to tank physical hits as much as possible in order to fill up his Ignis gauge. His spd instead of being a hell is rather a blessing as he'll appreciate getting that fire punch ready to be used. He can stomp Hectors with Ignis at defiant def range, as well as tank takumis quite safely without getting the vengeance shot. It's just a matter of adapting how he plays. But that's up to the player.

Yeah I'm aware that Henry is a tank. But my issue is that Henry is not tanky enough. And even with Ignis charged, he doesn't do that much damage. I'm more than sure that Henry is mainly used as a Hector counter. Anyways, I'm already satisfied from benching Henry. Now to train some thieves.