Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Count me as one of the happy ones about Resplendent Reinhardt. I have him at +10, so he'll greatly appreciate the stat boost.

If they do a couple more 3/4-star units for the next couple of Resplendents, then I'm hoping for Seliph and Nino. If they move back to another 5-star unit, Brave Lyn.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Unless we see another Brave Resplendent from the CYL1 in the next 6 months, I thik this will be only a thing in the anniversary months and for the overall winner of each CYL. I can see them doing both the 1st places from men/women divisions, so that's why I'm saying about another one from CYL1 in the next 6 months (that would be B!Lyn, if my thinking on all that is right). 

Oh dang. Okay, Reinhardt (I think that's his name)'s resplendent looks amazing! I wouldn't have thought he'd get an Askran look, but it really looks good on him! IS has definitely been getting better with these designs.

Fast Reinhardt seems pretty good on paper. Maybe he will appear more often in Aether Raids now.

Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP. Reinhardt at +10+10 to reflect Resplendent stats.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Argent Bow  
Special: Luna  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
B: Lull Spd Res 3  

Klein
336:31:8
Reinhardt
335:34:6

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Fast Reinhardt seems pretty good on paper. Maybe he will appear more often in Aether Raids now.

Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP. Reinhardt at +10+10 to reflect Resplendent stats.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  

Klein
Reinhardt

Spd Reinhardt? With his 23 base speed and 5 penalty from weapon?

Best case scenario, you're looking at 18 + 2 (DF) + 4 (merges) + 2 (Resplendent), or a pathetic 26 before skills. 28 if you use summoner support for some reason. That's not a great base to work with. Your best case scenario is 46 unbuffed speed with dual brazens and lull spd/res - which will see you fail to quad a spurn tank.

To what benefit? You don't have Desperation to actually make use of it, and Reinhardt shouldn't be getting attacked to make preventing doubles matter.

You're also relying on brazens for an entirely player-phase unit who would synergize better with SS3 or DB4.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Klein (5*+10 +atk -hp)  

Klein
Reinhardt

A Slot wouldn't be better to run AR-D Atk/Spd for +10 Atk/Spd?
And probably Atk/Spd Solo on SS Slot to not have to rely on Brazen range and have him as a threat from turn 1 on AR-D.

Edited by Rinco

@Fabulously Olivier The speed meme Reinhardt generally isn't practical, but for some PvE content and Aether Raids it's good there. Like you can annoy common tanks like Edelgard and Hector with windsweep.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

And probably Atk/Spd Solo on SS Slot to not have to rely on Brazen range and have him as a threat from turn 1 on AR-D.

Those skills are definitely more practical and consistent. Akariss on Youtube has a discussion on that.

On the topic of quad attacking. There is a nice setting I explored, so you can set Smart End to only affect Duo characters which will be nice in the age of using Duo!Lyn.

Hm... you know, if they made a Hall of Forms featuring the Top 4 and/or Bottom 4 of the voting gauntlet and added an "A Hero Rises Soul" that could be used on the unit of your choice from that Hall only, in addition to the Top 4 banner, I wonder if that would have been better received than everyone just getting the same Duo Lyn?

Seems like a missed opportunity, given HoF being added last year...

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... you know, if they made a Hall of Forms featuring the Top 4 and/or Bottom 4 of the voting gauntlet and added an "A Hero Rises Soul" that could be used on the unit of your choice from that Hall only, in addition to the Top 4 banner, I wonder if that would have been better received than everyone just getting the same Duo Lyn?

Wow, that would have been amazing!

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah, a lot of people were expecting the free soul to be for that.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Spd Reinhardt? With his 23 base speed and 5 penalty from weapon?

Best case scenario, you're looking at 18 + 2 (DF) + 4 (merges) + 2 (Resplendent), or a pathetic 26 before skills. 28 if you use summoner support for some reason. That's not a great base to work with. Your best case scenario is 46 unbuffed speed with dual brazens and lull spd/res - which will see you fail to quad a spurn tank.

Fast Reinhardt have always done better than slow Reinhardt. Given the combat parameters (both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, enemies at full HP, challengers can be at full HP or 1 HP), I challenge you to beat 335:34:6 with another build. Setting up for Brazen is hardly an issue with Bolt Trap and Bolt Tower (D) being common in Aether Raids.

The quad attack is not necessarily for killing Spurn tanks. It is for killing bulky units that do not run Wary Fighter and do not have the means to counter attack. I have set his HP to 1 make him automatically lose to any counter attacks.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

To what benefit? You don't have Desperation to actually make use of it, and Reinhardt shouldn't be getting attacked to make preventing doubles matter.

I recommend playing around with the calculator. I would have kept Desperation if it actually improved his numbers. Running Desperation lowers his performance by quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

On defense, yes. But I want to primarily see his performance from offense's perspective, hence Brazens.

On defense, I believe his performance numbers would be even better, since he would have full HP and 1 more Atk.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

On defense, yes. But I want to primarily see his performance from offense's perspective, hence Brazens.

On defense, I believe his performance numbers would be even better, since he would have full HP and 1 more Atk.

My issue with using him in offense and with Brazens is that every week I see more and more teams that are applying pressure since turn 1 on defense, be it Cav Lines, Restore/Rescue/Rally Traps with mixed mobility teams. And they usually have traps in a way that you can't really test/activate and return to safety, not counting the fact that it's not everyone that upgrades Bolt Trap and with merges/flowers/resplendent/mythic bonus, the trap won't always bring him to Brazen range.

I know that you'll probably have other teams to face those compositions, but I feel like in higher tiers this will probably be the norm in the near future. I feel like he's probably better used in AR-D, if you're commiting heavy resources on him (that's from the viewpoint of a mostly F2P, I kinda have resources for 2 +10/+10 Reins, but not skills to deck both to have one on AR-D and one on AR-O.)

Anyway, my issue with your usage of him is in how safely and consistently you can bring him to Brazen range seeing how the trend for defense maps in higher tiers is going.

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

My issue with using him in offense and with Brazens is that every week I see more and more teams that are applying pressure since turn 1 on defense, be it Cav Lines, Restore/Rescue/Rally Traps with mixed mobility teams. And they usually have traps in a way that you can't really test/activate and return to safety, not counting the fact that it's not everyone that upgrades Bolt Trap and with merges/flowers/resplendent/mythic bonus, the trap won't always bring him to Brazen range.

I know that you'll probably have other teams to face those compositions, but I feel like in higher tiers this will probably be the norm in the near future. I feel like he's probably better used in AR-D, if you're commiting heavy resources on him (that's from the viewpoint of a mostly F2P, I kinda have resources for 2 +10/+10 Reins, but not skills to deck both to have one on AR-D and one on AR-O.)

Anyway, my issue with your usage of him is in how safely and consistently you can bring him to Brazen range seeing how the trend for defense maps in higher tiers is going.

Against initiating defense teams, you might as well just run a super tank team to counter it. If you do decide to use nukes like Reinhardt against them, it is a simple matter of whoever strikes first wins, there is no need to check the calculator to find the most damaging build since most nukes have a pretty insignificant enemy phase performance.

The only threatening Bolt Trap is a level 1 Bolt Trap, and while they exist, they are not too common in my opinion. All level 2 or higher Bolt Traps will practically land all player phase units into Desperation range (most players are not building player phase units to have 81 HP or higher). Level 3s will land most player phase units into Wings of Mercy range.

I agree not all Bolt Traps are easy to reach. But if that is the case, that means you can just throw your super tank out there and not worry about accidentally stepping on one.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fast Reinhardt have always done better than slow Reinhardt. Given the combat parameters (both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, enemies at full HP, challengers can be at full HP or 1 HP), I challenge you to beat 335:34:6 with another build. Setting up for Brazen is hardly an issue with Bolt Trap and Bolt Tower (D) being common in Aether Raids.

The quad attack is not necessarily for killing Spurn tanks. It is for killing bulky units that do not run Wary Fighter and do not have the means to counter attack. I have set his HP to 1 make him automatically lose to any counter attacks.

I recommend playing around with the calculator. I would have kept Desperation if it actually improved his numbers. Running Desperation lowers his performance by quite a bit.

How well does the calculator translate to reality?

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

How well does the calculator translate to reality?

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't.

The Hard List is a good enough benchmark to judge a unit's level of power. It is better than nothing. And you can still see what kind of enemy builds can counter your unit's builds.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

The Hard List is a good enough benchmark to judge a unit's level of power. It is better than nothing. And you can still see what kind of enemy builds can counter your unit's builds.

I think "ballpark" would be a better term, at least for the raw numbers. And those are the only things you posted.

It's better than nothing, but I'm sure there are plenty of situations where a build with worse raw numbers out of a pair ends up more desirable in practice.

Allegiance Battles made me realize that I don't really have a high-scoring colorless unit other than Duma and that's a problem with Duma's armor movement. It's easier to hit a score of 950 with a friends' colorless unit. Otherwise, grinding out Allegiance Battles or getting lucky with non-colorless bonus kills.

That me also realize we have not had a dagger infantry demote for gen 5 yet. Currently, we only have had one dagger unit introduced into the regular summoning pool: Merlinus, a colorless dagger cavalry, who is likely to be one of two possible dagger cavalry or more like non-infantry candidates with the other being Yukimura provided they don't make him a bow unit instead. No GHB or TT units up to this point have been dagger units either.

If we go back to gen 4, Chad and Tethys were the only demotes where Chad has gen 3 physical ranged BST and Tethys is a dancer, Julian, Larum, and Leila are 5* exclusive where Larum is a dancer, and for GHB/TT, New Year's Eir, Gangrel, and winter Jaffar. Gen 3 had no demotes, Petra for 5* exclusive, Kronya for GHB/TT, and Eir was available as a story reward. Gen 2 had Kaze, Legault, and Sothe as a demotes, Ylgr for 5* exclusive, hot springs Camilla and winter Cecilia for GHT/TT. Gen 1 had no demotes as it only introduced Jaffar, a 5* exclusive, for a dagger unit in the regular summoning pool and did not have any GHB or TT dagger units.

For bow units, we have not had a bow demote, particular an infantry one and maybe cavalry as they are not as rare as bow armors or fliers. CYL Claude, Shinon, Shamir, and Ronan are 5* exclusive with CYL Claude being a bow flier, but we do have winter Felix, a blue bow armor, and Jorge, a blue infantry, for GHB/TT.

Back to gen 4, we had Norne, Python, Rath, and Tanya for demotes where Tanya has gen 3 physical ranged BST and is pretty much outclassed by Norne, Bernadetta, Eleonora, Igrene, and Midori for 5* exclusive, and Halloween Rolf for GHB/TT. Gen 3 had no demote, academy Claude, Nina, and Sue for 5* exclusive, and Jamke, spring Loki, and bride Louise for GHB/TT. Gen 2 had no demote, Kinshinoka and CYL Lyn for 5* exclusives, and New Year's M!Corrin and fallen Takumi for GHB/TT. Gen 1 had Klein, Leon, and Rebecca for demotes, Faye and Innes for 5* exclusives, and Clarisse for GHB/TT.

I hope I did not miss anyone. We do have the special 4* rate which adds in a dagger infantry, Jaffar, and Faye, Innes, Kinshinoka, and CYL Lyn for bow units, but that's not the same as an actual 3* to 4* bow or dagger unit added to the regular summoning pool.

Interesting thing is that The Blazing Blade exhausted its options for playable dagger units in Heroes by gen 2 as The Blazing Blade only had two playable thieves and one assassin: Matthew, a launch unit, Jaffar who was introduced in gen 1, and Legault who was introduced in gen 2. Everyone else is either an NPC or an enemy and there was only two options to begin with for that: Leila, a NPC, who was added in gen 4, and Jerme, an assassin who wielded Light Brand when he was alive or Runesword as a morph. So, aside from Jerme who would likely be a GHB or even TT unit unless they want to try and sell him, if they were to introduce another Blazing Blade dagger unit into the regular summoning pool, it would probably have to be an alt and it doesn't necessarily have to be Jaffar, Legault, Leila, Matthew or Jerme since they could do both alive and morph Jerme. Cue morph Leila for a future fallen banner to twist the dagger further for Matthew -- pun no intended.

Archers on the the other hand, they do have remaining optoins with Geitz if they choose to make him a bow infantry an axe infantry, Louise as her regular self, and Wil. For Elibe in general, it's interesting that aside from Lyn, none of the Sacaen archers have Mulagir or even a prf bow. Sue and Rath only have Slaying Bow and Short Bow, respectively. Hanon originally wielded Mulagir and there is morph Uhai who wielded Rienfleche. Dayan and Sin either they have to make up a bow for them if they don't show up with an inheritable bow or they might end up with another version of Mulagir or even Rienfleche because why not. Hector gets Maltet where at least Hector does appear in Binding Blade, Lyn gets Mulagir where it does not appear in Blazing Blade, and Dayan/Sin get Rienfleche where it doesn't appear in Binding Blade as it was introduced in Blazing Blade.

So, who's waiting for Priam with Alondite? Oops, he lost Ragnell, but found Alondite. Both are horribly mangled because he doesn't know how to shoot sword beams with them and instead chucks them. Meanwhile, Cherche's Axe totally not being an abused Helswath. I really want to know why they associated her with Helswath. The Awakening design doesn't look that different from its Genealogy of the Holy War art; missing the red gem, the gold trimming is more faded or muted, and the shaft is not as thick. At the very least, it doesn't look weird as hell like Tyrfing's Awakening design or scythe Armads. So, other than it looks like a cool, elegant axe, why? As I was typing this, I checked and Cherche and Sumia are the only Awakening characters whose official art depicts them with a regalia when they are not associated with it. So, not something like Chrom has Falchion because obvious reasons. Cherche has Helswath while Sumia has Awakening's Luna. Sumia seems to have Awakening's Luna in most of her other official artwork; her Heroes and one of her Cipher cards have her wielding a Silver Lance or some kind of generic lance. Luna's less peculiar compared to Helswath, a holy weapon wielded by a crusader. Cherche on the other hand seems to be consistently shown with Awakening Helswath or something that looks close to it. The only time she isn't shown with it or her axe is a concept art where an axe that looks like Wolf Berg is next to her. At this point I'm wondering if maybe Cherche is a descendent of Nal's and Celica's bloodlines. Which if it was an early idea they thought of with decendents of crusaders in Awakening or somehow the other worlds being connected to Archanea and not have such weapons simply be references, would explain her physical strength and have opened a massive can of worms since she possibly would be able to wield Falchion, at least Valentia's Falchion wherever the hell it went. I should stop thinking about this. Done. No more. Minerva & Cherche harmonic hero when?

Also, Lethal Carrot has yet to have a regular summoning pool counterpart in the game. Axes, bows, lances, and, well, swords have their versions of Wo Dao that is on a regular summoning pool unit. A regular summoning pool version of Broadleaf Fan could easily be tacked onto a not a star of the banner 5* unit or if they want to go crazy, a demote.

Edited by Kaden

So I just realized.

FEH de-pantsed the FE4 pegasus knights. -_-

At least one official art with all four gave them pants.

So I just got done summoning for the focus units, and...

Er, is it just me or does it feel like they kinda jumped the gun on these summoning quotes? I mean, it's one thing to be someone like Hana who introduces herself, wants to fight you, and says some jargon about her dead dad or whatever, but Marianne's summoning quote isn't even a full line. Linhardt is the only one who properly introduces himself, the demote may I remind. Ingrid did properly introduce herself as an alt, but here...
Just... what? Marianne's is in-character I guess, but what's Ingrid and Dedue's excuses?

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So I just got done summoning for the focus units, and...

Er, is it just me or does it feel like they kinda jumped the gun on these summoning quotes? I mean, it's one thing to be someone like Hana who introduces herself, wants to fight you, and says some jargon about her dead dad or whatever, but Marianne's summoning quote isn't even a full line. Linhardt is the only one who properly introduces himself, the demote may I remind. Ingrid did properly introduce herself as an alt, but here...
Just... what? Marianne's is in-character I guess, but what's Ingrid and Dedue's excuses?

Yeah, I also found it rather odd that only one of them (and it was Linhardt at that, the laziest one) introduced themselves by name.

They've typically had the Three Houses characters introduce themselves with their full name (including the currently season locked guys like Felix, Sylvain, Lorenz and Raphael), which makes the lack of it here (except for Linhardt, and even he doesn't say his last name) all the more noticeable. Dorothea also says her last name for her summer alt, but not her harmonized one (instead she goes with "Dorothea of the Mittelfrank Opera Company").

But hey, they at least got Solon right by having him declare himself as "the savior of all" (in his best level up quote) once more.

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So I just realized.

They depantsed Maribelle and F!Morgan before, and Elincia's resplendant art depantsed her too. Thankfully not enough to call it a trend (Selena, F!Robin, Clair, Mareeta, Eyvel, Tanya, Lucina and Beruka kept theirs, and I'm sure there are others), but still a shame.

(*goes back to lurking now that the salt is spilled*)

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So I just realized.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that dress code change was Lewyn's fault or Erinys and Annand de-pantsed themselves on their own accord because they both want to get into Lewyn's. Hanging out with a stripper too much will do that to a man.

I would follow up the above by calling Lewyn a pervert, but I can't because I'm no better than him.

It was because they based the artwork from the old TCG, rather than Fire Emblem Treasure. It's Treasure which has the PK's with pants/tights, while the other batch of official art has them without. Like, this is Annand's:

Annand - Fire Emblem Wiki

Notice Heroes simply makes it more elaborate, as it tends to do with all designs.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Kori said:

They depantsed Maribelle and F!Morgan before, and Elincia's resplendant art depantsed her too. Thankfully not enough to call it a trend (Selena, F!Robin, Clair, Mareeta, Eyvel, Tanya, Lucina and Beruka kept theirs, and I'm sure there are others), but still a shame.

(*goes back to lurking now that the salt is spilled*)

Well, I learned two things today. One, Maribelle is wearing chaps or some weird open, inner thigh leggings in Heroes. I thought the inner thighs were a pinkish color like the rest of her outfit. Two, Maribelle's a valkyrie in Heroes instead of a troubadour. Her troubadour self doesn't have the shoulder and leg armor that valkyries have. Also, it seems that her pants are inconsistent? Most of the time, her pants are fluffy or baggy, but sometimes they're more fitted. This reminds me of how adult Link's pants changed from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess and to Skyward Sword. White tights, fitted beige pants, and then baggy tan pants.