Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

According to the list Eclipse has, I'm was the only M!Robin user (up until Folt did it). Don't I feel special.

For anyone that wants to know how the Michalis bait with -Atk Palla and +Atk M!Robin worked:

- They both were Atk boosted by Olivia's Hone Attack 3 (+4 Atk) on the phases they were attacked/attacking
- Palla proc'd Moonbow the turn after Michalis got baited
- M!Robin had just enough damage to kill Michalis with two attacks (provided by Olivia's Dance)

And if I remember correctly, M!Robin was doing 18 damage a hit. That's 36 damage from M!Robin and Palla made up for the rest.

-Atk Palla has 34 Attack and +Atk M!Robin has 43 Attack. Boosted: 38 Attack and 47 Attack, respectively.

Conclusion: If you have Olivia's Hone Attack 3 and assuming the same -Atk Palla, a Blue Tome with 47 Attack and danced by Olivia should take out Michalis.

If anyone wants me to give more exact data by retrying the map, I can. Don't mind spending a stamina potion. Trying to train up armors and Minerva anyways...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just tried using Olivia, and it doesn't work. Michalis still has the buffs even after I use Olivia to let Virion take out the blue Peg, so Palla can't kill Michalis and he kills Virion the next turn.

I can't do anything to win the lunatic one and I'll just have to accept that, as disappointing as it is.

My only advice is to start training all your units. More units @ 40 = more chance of success.

I understand you may be busy with life... Try to keep a diverse base on characters (It can all be your bias + high tier character)

I read the above. Still don't completely understand since there's nothing. But I assume this is a competition.

Your main priority is to take out the lance peg in the first turn as drag back is rather mean on this map. Narcian should be able to do that. Set up Subaki so he can take out the sword peg. And yes I agree, Takumi is not as useful since Michalis has some pretty big defense, so you'll want Tharja instead. I haven't check the map in a while but I actually blocked up the right side with my tanky Robin so the cavalier doesn't reach my other units in time to interfere. On the left side, the lance user will start rushing towards. You want to eliminate all fliers by the time he arrives (2 turns). My Robin was able to survive by then, so I managed to defeat the cavalier and the lance user on the same turn. The only concern is that your Robin is -HP. Overall: Narcian, Subaki, Tharja, Robin.

And before you ask, I take no part in this bet but will gladly watch the loser get shamed on. Also my strat is probably the worse one. So...

5 hours ago, immatx said:

What do y'all think of sending a cav unit up the right side? Would the peg knights and Michalis go to the cav or be lured down towards the bottom right?

That's what I did, because screw trying to bait out a lance flier.  Turns out a Lancebreaker unit can ORKO the sword cav.

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Just one question guys, at what lv Olivia learns to dance? is at 3stars? I only have her "free" version, and she don't have it.

Olivia needs to be 3* to learn it.  I suggest bumping her to 4* for the full Hone Atk buff.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why I can't play this game as well as everyone else. Yeah, I lack a bunch of 5 star units, but if it's possible to win challenging maps without those, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it really is that I got too unlucky with my pulls... I did say that the only archer I've managed to summon is fricking Niles. Never even pulled another Virion before at all, let alone Gordin or Setsuna or Klein or Takumi or whoever else with bows has been available.

My observations:

1. Your attitude towards other units stinks.  Y'know who's trash in this game?  NO ONE.
2. If you can't figure out how to use a unit, then practice until you can.  Yes, it'll be hard and painful and you'll screw up a lot because it's part of the learning process.  However, it makes you a better person in the end.
3. When others suggest something, I do NOT want to see excuses about why it won't work.  Try.  It.  First.
4. It's more important to learn and change for the better, than to be right.  I don't care how many times you have to reread that until it sinks in.  Make this the motto for the rest of your life, because it'll make you happier in the long run.

So what I expect is to see you take your next five-summon, and train each and every one of them, no matter if they're characters you don't like/have bad natures/otherwise don't immediately click.  Your goal is to improve yourself, both as a person and as a player.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

@eclipse because I want a mod to see this

@Rezzy because why not

@Vaximillian because why not

@Sire because he's a theorist 

@Elieson because why not

And finally, @MaskedAmpharos because why not.

Reveal hidden contents

Uh-huh.

But we're not doing self-deprecation in member titles.  "Loyal follower to (winner's name)", however, is acceptable. :P:

46 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

I'm glad I decided to make Narcian my first 5*. I also gave him Triangle Adept 3 to make him the ultimate Blue Killer.

This map was kinda easy with him. And I used Lilina to oneshot Michelis. I don't know if Henry or Sophia can do the same, but I'm not fond of them.

I think red mage + dancer support can pull it off. . .except for Henry and his appallingly low MT.  His best bet IMO is to tank Michalis for a turn, and murder him with Ignis.

How do I know this?  Because I used a 4* Raigh, who has the weakest red tome in the game.

---

I'll do my best to collect data from people who did the map Lunatic.  HOWEVER, if I see no indication of difficulty, I'm not going to include it.

7 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@MrSmokestack @Arcanite

Looks like it's a 3-way bet!

@MaskedAmpharos - Interesting. I'll have to level Tharja as well...

In case you wanted maths to convince you: on the Lunatic map, Michalis has 60 HP, 27 Spd, 36 Def, and 19 Res. Assuming Hone Flier buffs are in effect, this makes it 33 spd.

To ORKO Michalis, you need to either to 30 x 2 damage or 60 damage all in one go. I believe your Takumi is 5* +Res, -Atk while your Tharja is 4* +HP, -Spd. Your Selena is 4* +Res, -Def. 

At level 40, Takumi would have 43 atk and 33 spd. Assuming no buffs, he would deal 1 damage to Michalis. That's it. If Michalis did not have the Hone Flier buff, Takumi would double for 4 x 2. Now you may argue "I'm not using Takumi for Michalis; I'm using him to take out the other pegasus knights." Fair enough, let's take a look at them. The blue pegasus knight should be taken care of by Narcian at the beginning. The red pegasus knight should honestly be taken by Subaki if you're bringing him, but for arguments' sake, the red flier has 45 HP, 36 Spd, and 22 Def. Takumi, with the bow's bonus damage, would do 42 x 1 damage, failing to OHKO the red pegasus knight (if he were neutral or +Atk he'd OHKO, but such is life :/)

Well what about Selena then? Assuming 4* level 40 stats, she would have 31 atk without any buffs. With Triangle Adept 2, this would bring her effective atk on Michalis up to 43. Because of Hone Fliers, she does not double and does 5 damage. Even if we assume Hone Fliers is not in effect (so Michalis has 27 spd), she would be doing 5 x 2 damage. (Seriously why is she on the battling banner again?)

Well, what about Tharja? Assuming no buffs at all on her and Hone Fliers on Michalis, she would do 17 damage (she misses the double even with Darting Blow because she's -Spd). What if Michalis didn't have Hone Fliers? Then she would be able to double and would deal 17 x 2 damage for 34 total. If you dance her with Olivia, this will be enough to kill Michalis. (Also, since you have Olivia, I'm going to assume a Hone Atk buff at minimum for +8 damage to Raourblade. If Michalis was not buffed, he would be hit for 26 x 2 damage for 54 total, which is almost a ORKO even before Olivia dances her for the finish.)

tldr - I'd use Tharja. 

EDIT: Because I'm an idiot and forgot that Triangle Adept 2 giving Selena a 1.35x WTA multiplier instead of 1.2x. 

And also because I was ninja'd by @Sire

Double EDIT: Because you'll ORKO the blue peg with Narcian on turn 1, he will not be buffed with Fortify Fliers, so I've removed all calculations including it. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Wow, loving all the people getting invested in this Olivia vs. Takumi thing lol.

Even though it seems like Olivia might be better, I'm still with @Arcanite and Takumi because my -ATK/+SPD Takumi destroyed the Peg Knights so... personal preference. Still, though, may the best strategist win!

@Anacybele Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this level. Regarding the strat @pumpkinspice48 suggested, have you tried using a unit with Shove (Roy for example) to push a Cav unit (Abel for example) in to attack the Red Cav? I used this strat in my Lunatic run-through but with Smite + Infantry and not Shove + Cavalry, but it still worked for me in luring Michalis away from the other two peg knights, who went down towards my other units.

Sorry if I'm not super helpful lol, I don't know nearly as much as the other people here.

(Edit: Aaand idk how to tag other users bc I'm a newb haha)

Edited by Dolce

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My observations:

1. Your attitude towards other units stinks.  Y'know who's trash in this game?  NO ONE.
2. If you can't figure out how to use a unit, then practice until you can.  Yes, it'll be hard and painful and you'll screw up a lot because it's part of the learning process.  However, it makes you a better person in the end.
3. When others suggest something, I do NOT want to see excuses about why it won't work.  Try.  It.  First.
4. It's more important to learn and change for the better, than to be right.  I don't care how many times you have to reread that until it sinks in.  Make this the motto for the rest of your life, because it'll make you happier in the long run.

So what I expect is to see you take your next five-summon, and train each and every one of them, no matter if they're characters you don't like/have bad natures/otherwise don't immediately click.  Your goal is to improve yourself, both as a person and as a player.

Point 1: Some units are still better than others though. And wouldn't I be wasting a lot of stamina and stamina potions doing that second point?

Point 3: Okay, but I still can't use the advice if they somehow suggest a unit I don't have.

My next five-summon? Try to use all of them? Fair enough, but only if they're not duplicates that don't have better banes and boons than the versions I already have.

EDIT: I don't know how to tag people either, actually... But no, I didn't try that. I might give it a go.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Dolce said:

Wow, loving all the people getting invested in this Olivia vs. Takumi thing lol.

Even though it seems like Olivia might be better, I'm still with @Arcanite and Takumi because my -ATK/+SPD Takumi destroyed the Peg Knights so... personal preference. Still, though, may the best strategist win!

Slowly, but surely I'm gaining followers heh heh heh

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Uh-huh.

But we're not doing self-deprecation in member titles.  "Loyal follower to (winner's name)", however, is acceptable. :P:

@MrSmokestack As you can see, "Total Moron" is not valid, so it'll have to change.

If I lose, I'll put "Loyal Follower to MrSmokeStack" as my rank and post "MrSmokeStack is the greatest tactician everrrrrr" (with 6 Rs) in general topic and discussion.

If you lose, you put "Loyal follower to Arcanite" as your rank and post "Arcanite is the greatest tactician everrrrrr" (with 6 Rs) in general topic and discussion.

44 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Since you have Lancebreaker available, it would certainly be an option to give it to Cherche or Beruka (I personally favor Cherche), but if you don't want to mess with skill inheritance, then yes, it would help to see your units and maybe figure out an alternative strategy.

At the very least though, you have inheritance to fall back on if you needed it. 

@Arcanite Unfortunately, Camilla can't replace Narcian for the particular strategy you have in mind, even at 5*, for reasons I listed in a post above. 

You said I needed at least 38 attack and Lancebreaker to double, right? I might be able to do that with Cherche even though her attack is low if I give her both Arthur's Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 2. This is assuming Emerald Axe can push her to at least 38 attack against the blue Peggy. Problem is the SP cost and I'd like to know exactly what can be passed down while merging in the future update since it would suck if we could only take one thing and both of those skills are pretty wicked which leads to the other problem is Cherche's stat variation.

For the units at level +35,

Spoiler

Red

5*: lv. 40 Lucina (low HP, high res), lv. 35 Eirika (low HP, high def), and 35 Eldigan (low HP, high speed).

4*: lv. 39 Tiki (low res, high def), lv. 37 Palla (low HP, high def), and lv. 36 Selena (low HP, high def).

Blue

5*: lv. 40 Effie (low speed, high HP)

4*: lv. 39 Catria (low speed, high attack), lv. 36 Sharena, and lv. 36 Subaki (low res, high attack).

Green:

5*: lv. 35 Hawkeye (low HP, high unknown; might be attack or speed) and lv. 33 Raven (low def, high res basically making him Anna in overall defense).

4*: lv. 40 F!Robin, lv. 38 Merric (low HP, high res), and lv. 38 Gunter (low HP, high attack).

Colorless:

4*: lv. 40 Lissa.

For the units close to it or around level +30,

Spoiler

Red

4*: Cain (low def, high res) and Eliwood (low res, high attack) to lv. +35 after a bit of training. Both are lv. 33 and 4*. Also, a lv. 31 Alfonse and a lv. 32 Sophia (low attack, high res).

3*: lv. 32 Laslow (low HP, high def), lv. 31 Eliwood (low HP, high speed) and Hinata (average), and lv. 30 Fir (low speed, high def).

Blue

4*: lv. 33 Android F!Corrin (average).

3*: lv. 35 Corrin (low speed, high def), lv. 33 Jagen (average) and Ursula, lv. 32 Gwendolyn (low def, high HP), Oboro (low res, high attack), Shanna (low HP, high attack), and another Shanna (average). Also, a lv. 34 Odin (high speed, low res) who exists...

Green

4*:  lv. 34 Frederick (low res, high speed), lv. 33 Arthur (low attack, high HP), lv. 32 4* Raven (low attack, high speed) and Anna, lv. 31 Barst (low attack, high def) Bartre (low HP, high attack), and Cecilia (low def, high res).

3*: lv. 31 Beruka (low res, high HP) and Cherche (low attack, high res). I'd need to sack an Arthur. Cherche is probably the best candidate to inherit his skills, but the question is can I get the skills in time and her reasonably durable enough.

Colorless

4*: lv. 34 Jakob (low def, high attack) and lv. 32 Gaius (low res, high HP).

3*: lv. 34 Azama -- probably not going to be that useful --, a lv. 32 Felicia (average) and Wrys, and a lv. 30 Virion.

Other units that could be considered, but I'd need to level them up a lot -- they're around lv. 20 --, the better Arthur (low res, high attack), Ninian (low attack, high HP), Sully (low res, high def), and lv. 16, 3* Michalis. I also have all the special map units like Olivia -- some were merged before Inherit Skill was even a thing which leaves me with a Cecilia, Donnel, Felicia, a Gunter, Hana, Stahl, so, no Sophia --, but I never used them including Felicia since that one was summoned... during her banner as a completely average, but amazing mage killer Felicia. And for the record, these are all summoned with the orbs you can get. I consider myself unlucky for the lack of diversity in blue units and archers and the influx of green units -- I had half of the available green units by the time Julia and Narcian were playable.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Not as good" (a comparative relation) and "trash" (an absolute relation) are not the same thing.

True, I was probably exaggerating too much there.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

You said I needed at least 38 attack and Lancebreaker to double, right? I might be able to do that with Cherche even though her attack is low if I give her both Arthur's Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 2. This is assuming Emerald Axe can push her to at least 38 attack against the blue Peggy. Problem is the SP cost and I'd like to know exactly what can be passed down while merging in the future update since it would suck if we could only take one thing and both of those skills are pretty wicked which leads to the other problem is Cherche's stat variation.

Hide contents

Red

5*: lv. 40 Lucina (low HP, high res), lv. 35 Eirika (low HP, high def), and 35 Eldigan (low HP, high speed).

4*: lv. 39 Tiki (low res, high def), lv. 37 Palla (low HP, high def), and lv. 36 Selena (low HP, high def).

Blue

4*: lv. 39 Catria (low speed, high attack), lv. 36 Sharena, and lv. 36 Subaki (low res, high attack).

Green:

5*: lv. 35 Hawkeye (low HP, high unknown; might be attack or speed) and lv. 33 Raven (low def, high res basically making him Anna in overall defense).

4*: lv. 40 F!Robin, lv. 38 Merric (low HP, high res), and lv. 38 Gunter (low HP, high attack).

Colorless:

Reveal hidden contents

Red

4*: Cain (low def, high res) and Eliwood (low res, high attack) to lv. +35 after a bit of training. Both are lv. 33 and 4*. Also, a lv. 31 Alfonse and a lv. 32 Sophia (low attack, high res).

3*: lv. 32 Laslow (low HP, high def), lv. 31 Eliwood (low HP, high speed) and Hinata (average), and lv. 30 Fir (low speed, high def).

Blue

3*: lv. 35 Corrin (low speed, high def), lv. 33 Jagen (average) and Ursula, lv. 32 Gwendolyn (low def, high HP), Oboro (low res, high attack), Shanna (low HP, high attack), and another Shanna (average). Also, a lv. 34 Odin (high speed, low res) who exists...

Green

4*:  lv. 34 Frederick (low res, high speed), lv. 33 Arthur (low attack, high HP), lv. 32 4* Raven (low attack, high speed) and Anna, lv. 31 Barst (low attack, high def) Bartre (low HP, high attack), and Cecilia (low def, high res).

3*: lv. 31 Beruka (low res, high HP) and Cherche (low attack, high res). I'd need to sack an Arthur. Cherche is probably the best candidate to inherit his skills, but the question is can I get the skills in time and her reasonably durable enough.

Colorless

3*: lv. 34 Azama -- probably not going to be that useful --, a lv. 32 Felicia (average) and Wrys, and a lv. 30 Virion.

Other units that could be considered, but I'd need to level them up a lot -- they're around lv. 20 --, the better Arthur (low res, high attack), Ninian (low attack, high HP), Sully (low res, high def), and lv. 16, 3* Michalis. I also have all the special map units like Olivia, but I never used them including Felicia since that one was summoned... during her banner as a completely average, but amazing mage killer Felicia. And for the record, these are all summoned with the orbs you can get. I consider myself unlucky for the lack of diversity in blue units and archers and the influx of green units -- I had half of the available green units by the time Julia and Narcian were playable.

Cherche has more than enough atk even without the Emerald Axe as long as she has Lancebreaker. Her main issue was not being able to double, which Lancebreaker fixes.

My goodness, a lot happened after just half an hour.

I know, I know, "no johns" but I didn't make any comments on using Selena over someone else because I didn't know what other units Tucking could use. Red mage all the way @MaskedAmpharos!

Also @Sire Takumi doing 1 damage to Michalis. Knew he wasn't good for him but didn't think it was that bad haha

So is Masked in on the bet then? I thought it would just be between me and Arcanite...

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

My goodness, a lot happened after just half an hour.

I know, I know, "no johns" but I didn't make any comments on using Selena over someone else because I didn't know what other units Tucking could use. Red mage all the way @MaskedAmpharos!

Also @Sire Takumi doing 1 damage to Michalis. Knew he wasn't good for him but didn't think it was that bad haha

So is Masked in on the bet then? I thought it would just be between me and Arcanite...

Yeah, I'm in. I cast my vote for Tharja. 

EDIT: Suuuuper minor preference, but I slightly prefer 'Ampharos' to 'Masked' if you're going to shorten my name :P

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

27 minutes ago, Sire said:

I was somewhat reading this topic until it got filled with fluff, so I stopped bothering until I saw my name mentioned. (Why am I responding to my summons? WHY WON'T THE 5* UNITS RESPOND TO MINE! *cries*)

Anyways, @Arcanite@MrSmokestack, I did some stuffs. The table assumes max level, but the actual levels are found in the notes. Watch as this be too late...

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Narcian		39	27	26	30	24
Subaki		37	23	36	33	17
Selena		35	23	33	27	28

Olivia		34	26	31	24	23
5* Takumi	40	29	33	25	21
--------------------------------------------------
"Narcian is level 31, balanced. (Anti-Lance Flier & Soldier)
Subaki is level 32, +speed/-resistance (Anti-Sword Flier & Cavalier)
Selena is level 32, +resistance/-defense I think. (Anti-Michalis)

Olivia is level 32, balanced
Takumi is level 40, +resistance/-attack, but y'all knew that already.

They are all 4*, besides Takumi."

@Sire @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos   You're not too late. I'm levelling them all to about level 35, give or take. As of right now, the units you three mentioned:

Spoiler

- I included the weapon MT.

• Subaki, Level 33, +SPD/-RES, HP:34, ATK:29, SPD:33, DEF:30, RES:18. (Note: He inherited Savage Blow 2 (working to get 3)
  • Selena, Level 33, +RES/-DEF, HP:31, ATK:28, SPD:30, DEF:24, RES:24
  • Narcian, Level 33, Balanced, HP:34, ATK:32, SPD:22, DEF:25, RES:21
  • Olivia, Level 32, Balanced, HP:29, ATK:33, SPD:28, DEF:21, RES:19
  • Tharja, Level 26, +HP/-SPD, HP:28, ATK:31, SPD:21, DEF:12, RES:12
  • Takumi, Level 40, +RES/-ATK, HP:40, ATT:43, SPD:33, DEF:25, DEF:21

----

I could get Selena to inherit a Silver Sword from my 4* Marth...

4* units I have that I could pass skills/weapons to:

• Marth
  • Fae
  • Camilla
  • Maria (x3)

3* Units I can promote to pass skills/weapons

• F!Corrin - Hone Attack
  • Gaius - Pass
  • Palla (x2) - Spur Speed
  • Sully - Spur Def
  • Cecilia - Escape Route
  • Niles - Warding Blow
  • Felicia - Breath of Life
  • Adult Tiki - Defiant Attack

EDIT: Sorry Selena is actually Level 33. Went and fixed it.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Point 1: Some units are still better than others though. And wouldn't I be wasting a lot of stamina and stamina potions doing that second point?

Point 3: Okay, but I still can't use the advice if they somehow suggest a unit I don't have.

My next five-summon? Try to use all of them? Fair enough, but only if they're not duplicates that don't have better banes and boons than the versions I already have.

EDIT: I don't know how to tag people either, actually... But no, I didn't try that. I might give it a go.

1. Every unit has a niche - that is, every unit has something they're meant to do.  I'm going to use my least favorite unit in Heroes - Selena (didn't like her in Awakening, and she didn't improve that much in Fates).  Her low MT is offset by Triangle Adept, which means she is meant to damage green units.  Her relatively high Spd and Def mean that she can take physical hits.  Thus, her job is to lure enemies, especially green ones.  She absolutely doesn't want to face a blue mage, or any lancer with a Brave Lance/Effie.

3. There's two parts to advice - the literal unit, and the intent behind it.  My strategy involved rushing Sully to the sword cavalier.  Don't have Sully?  Abel can do the exact same thing.  Apparently, so can Stahl, though I can't see him ORKOing.  The intent is to get a cavalier who can tank a physical red unit to aggro the enemies.  By doing this, you avoid baiting the Draw Back flying lancer thing, and if you're lucky, the flier formation splits, which makes Michalis weaker.  As for actually hurting Michalis, I think Roy has the best shot at it, thanks to Triangle Adept.  You'll need to clear out the other enemies, though!

And that's fair.  Good luck with whatever you pull!

Lastly, how to tag.  First, start with the @ symbol.  Then, type the person's name.  A little menu should appear underneath, and you can select the appropriate user.  If there's too many options on the menu, keep typing.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Red

Blue

Green:

Colorless:

Hide contents

Red

Blue

Green

Colorless

Other units that could be considered, but I'd need to level them up a lot -- they're around lv. 20 --, the better Arthur (low res, high attack), Ninian (low attack, high HP), Sully (low res, high def), and lv. 16, 3* Michalis. I also have all the special map units like Olivia -- some were merged before Inherit Skill was even a thing which leaves me with a Cecilia, Donnel, Felicia, a Gunter, Hana, Stahl, so, no Sophia --, but I never used them including Felicia since that one was summoned... during her banner as a completely average, but amazing mage killer Felicia. And for the record, these are all summoned with the orbs you can get. I consider myself unlucky for the lack of diversity in blue units and archers and the influx of green units -- I had half of the available green units by the time Julia and Narcian were playable.

Okay so in terms of teambuilding: I recommend a team of Cherche (with Lancebreaker), Sophia, Olivia, and Subaki (interchangeable with Catria, Sharena, or Effie. The important part is that they're able to take down the two sword units).

In terms of strategy, this team is actually nearly identical to the one used by the youtuber who beat the Lunatic map with 3* units (they used Narcian, Sophia, Olivia, and Subaki), so you could look there for a battle plan (the link is somewhere on this thread). Turn 1, your Cherche goes up and waits at the edge of the lance peg's range and ORKOs on enemy phase. Sophia with dance support should be able to take care of Michalis, and your lancer of choice will take care of the swords. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, I'm in. I cast my vote for Tharja. 

EDIT: Suuuuper minor preference, but I slightly prefer 'Ampharos' to 'Masked' if you're going to shorten my name :P

Oh lord

This is just gonna get bigger and bigger, huh? Oh well, if the two of you lose to me I'll have 2 followers for a day >:]

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Cherche has more than enough atk even without the Emerald Axe as long as she has Lancebreaker. Her main issue was not being able to double, which Lancebreaker fixes.

I just like having a safety net. I will need to level her up a bit since she's sitting at 26 base attack right now -- without Attack +2 and her Hammer -- which is why if I were to go with Cherche and attempt the map right away like a moron, I'd have to take an Emerald Axe. A low attack 3* Cherche is supposed to end up with 31 attack. Just a question of can she get at least 2 attack up quickly within her remaining 9 levels. And I could always use Palla with Goad Flyers or someone else with an attack buff.

So, with that giant list of characters, it's going to take a while one figuring out an alternative strategy. Somewhere in my heart, I want a strategy that makes Frederick Emblem a possibility. :P:

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

1. Every unit has a niche - that is, every unit has something they're meant to do.  I'm going to use my least favorite unit in Heroes - Selena (didn't like her in Awakening, and she didn't improve that much in Fates).  Her low MT is offset by Triangle Adept, which means she is meant to damage green units.  Her relatively high Spd and Def mean that she can take physical hits.  Thus, her job is to lure enemies, especially green ones.  She absolutely doesn't want to face a blue mage, or any lancer with a Brave Lance/Effie.

3. There's two parts to advice - the literal unit, and the intent behind it.  My strategy involved rushing Sully to the sword cavalier.  Don't have Sully?  Abel can do the exact same thing.  Apparently, so can Stahl, though I can't see him ORKOing.  The intent is to get a cavalier who can tank a physical red unit to aggro the enemies.  By doing this, you avoid baiting the Draw Back flying lancer thing, and if you're lucky, the flier formation splits, which makes Michalis weaker.  As for actually hurting Michalis, I think Roy has the best shot at it, thanks to Triangle Adept.  You'll need to clear out the other enemies, though!

Lastly, how to tag.  First, start with the @ symbol.  Then, type the person's name.  A little menu should appear underneath, and you can select the appropriate user.  If there's too many options on the menu, keep typing.

1. Yeah, I won't contest that, but aren't there also units who fill the same niche better than others?

2. Okay, that's all true. Abel might be best for it, though I also have Jagen trained up. He can't hit very hard, but neither can Abel, so...

Thanks on both the luck and the tagging.

@Anacybele I saw you were trying to use Palla and M!Robin, though I know you don't have 5* M!Robin or probably a +Atk M!Robin (and in my case, they had to be both at once).

I'm making assumptions given my data and what I think I know of your team's natures:

Your Level 40 4* Palla (that isn't -Atk) doesn't need a hard Attack boost like mine did. 38 * 1.2 (from WTA) * 1.2 (from Ruby Sword) = 54.72 = either 54 or 55.

My +Atk M!Robin's 47 Attack x 0.8 (from WTD) = 37.6 = either 37 or 38. Danced on Turn 2.

I put "either"s because I'm no master of Heroes' damage formula yet but if you hit these thresholds or go above, I think you would be okay. To easier hit the magic threshold, you want a Red Tome (which I think you said you didn't really have? correct me if I'm wrong). A hard-hitting Green or Blue Tome can do with higher numbers. But that's all it is at that point: numbers. If you can somehow make up for them, you're set to kill Michalis. Killing his lackeys, though... That's on you. My M!Robin had Swordbreaker 3 which definitely makes the fight much easier, else I can't 1RKO the Sword Cavalier and 2RKO the Sword Peg with him.

Oh wow, I thought it was just good enough to do @ and then write their username. Didn't think the drop-down menu was important. xD

@Arcanite: We may be a small group... but I'll still cast my vote for you and Takumi! This is starting to sound a bit like the Gauntlet

@Anacybele: Basically what eclipse said about using Abel. As for the other enemies, you could tentatively try bringing Olivia + Virion as well. I read earlier that Virion couldn't one-shot the peg knights, which is a problem, but having Olivia dance to him should hopefully fix that? So you could have Abel to take out the Red Cav and aggro in Michalis, then Roy to kill Michalis, then hopefully Virion to kill the peg knights. Not sure about the Lancer though, and none of these units are trained up for me so I can't test the waters first... but hey, came up with this idea pretty quickly so it's definitely not the best lol.

Palla is definitely not hard-hitting against Michalis. I gave her Axebreaker in my run solely for the reason that she would be able to double him with it lol.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Thank you. This totally backs my Abel/Virion strategy.

• Rush the Sword horse guy with Abel, and Have Virion tail behind him.
  • Take out the Lance Flier with both Virion and Abel. I think its a two-hero job.
  • I think at this pint the other enemies are moving around. Hopefully Michalis flies towards roy. If not, try to place him accordingly.
  • Green unit attacks Lance dude.
  • Sword Pegasi; another Abel/Virion combo?

@eclipse - if you hate loathe Selena that much, make sure I never speak to you in person. I sound almost exactly like her. XD

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2. Okay, that's all true. Abel might be best for it, though I also have Jagen trained up. He can't hit very hard, but neither can Abel, so...

Abel doesn't need to hit particularly hard. He has a Brave Lance and Swordbreaker, so he is guaranteed to land 4 hits against a sword-user during player phase.

6 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

@Anacybele I saw you were trying to use Palla and M!Robin, though I know you don't have 5* M!Robin or probably a +Atk M!Robin (and in my case, they had to be both at once).

I'm making assumptions given my data and what I think I know of your team's natures:

Your Level 40 4* Palla (that isn't -Atk) doesn't need a hard Attack boost like mine did. 38 * 1.2 (from WTA) * 1.2 (from Ruby Sword) = 54.72 = either 54 or 55.

My +Atk M!Robin's 47 Attack x 0.8 (from WTD) = 37.6 = either 37 or 38. Danced on Turn 2.

I put "either"s because I'm no master of Heroes' damage formula yet but if you hit these thresholds or go above, I think you would be okay. To easier hit the magic threshold, you want a Red Tome (which I think you said you didn't really have? correct me if I'm wrong). A hard-hitting Green or Blue Tome can do with higher numbers. But that's all it is at that point: numbers. If you can somehow make up for them, you're set to kill Michalis. Killing his lackeys, though... That's on you. My M!Robin had Swordbreaker 3 which definitely makes the fight much easier, else I can't 1RKO the Sword Cavalier and 2RKO the Sword Peg with him.

Well, I'd have to temporarily remove Triangle Adept from male Robin. But are you suggesting the team be male Robin, Palla, Olivia, and Frederick? Then I don't have Virion to take care of the Pegs... And yeah, I don't have a red magic user.

4 minutes ago, Dolce said:

@Anacybele: Basically what eclipse said about using Abel. As for the other enemies, you could tentatively try bringing Olivia + Virion as well. I read earlier that Virion couldn't one-shot the peg knights, which is a problem, but having Olivia dance to him should hopefully fix that? So you could have Abel to take out the Red Cav and aggro in Michalis, then Roy to kill Michalis, then hopefully Virion to kill the peg knights. Not sure about the Lancer though, and none of these units are trained up for me so I can't test the waters first... but hey, came up with this idea pretty quickly so it's definitely not the best lol.

Palla is definitely not hard-hitting against Michalis. I gave her Axebreaker in my run solely for the reason that she would be able to double him with it lol.

I tried to use Olivia to help Virion knock out the blue Peg, but then Michalis just went and killed him after that since Palla can't take Michalis out in one round. I've never pulled any units that have Axebreaker, sadly...

Edited by Anacybele