Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What, you don’t like Renne?

He deserves it after all she put me through on Grancel.

Jokes aside, I'm pretty neutral towards her, all things considered.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

her backstory… why 06

But that's what makes the correlation between her and the number 15 funny, Sooks.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Me with most things that people have strong opinions on.

Most things in general, honestly.

We should strive to become true ENJOYERS like Acacia

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what? What did Rean do to get first place?

Maybe he's better in the Japanese localization? I haven't the foggiest.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

You know that won't happen, Benice. Give up your dreams and die.

RGG is the most based of studios, I'm sure it'll happen someday. Plus, Ishin is an incredible game they're just sitting on-Yeah, it ain't as pretty as the Dragon Engine games, but it looks quite good.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

If all goes well, I think I can run the original Yakuza 2.

Aww, why not OG1?

Hope you enjoy! I've not played OG2, but Kiwami 2 is one of my favorites in the series. It has one character who sucks, but the ending is kino, so I've forgiven it.

>Picture of Renne

hyRdWsL.jpg

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, really don’t worry about it. It’s a kino scene, but it doesn’t mean anything like that.

Oh, good.

...Considering I don't like anyone in the playable cast yet, maybe I'm a little too paranoid about getting spoiled.

7 hours ago, Julizan said:

So far this game is amazing!

Nice. Good to hear that you're enjoying it!

'Morning!

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Aww, why not OG1?

Because I've already finished Kiwami 1, and if I want to watch some of the dub I can look for a video on youtube.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hope you enjoy! I've not played OG2, but Kiwami 2 is one of my favorites in the series. It has one character who sucks, but the ending is kino, so I've forgiven it.

Did Kiwami 2 add things to the story or is it just a 1:1 recreation of the original game?

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

>Picture of Renne

hyRdWsL.jpg

Renne Renne Bright GIF - Renne Renne Bright Kiseki - Discover & Share GIFs

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, the local WB Channel is gonna start airing Bleach on April 11th. Interesting...

No, Acacia, don't do it! It is not worth it!

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

Did Kiwami 2 add things to the story or is it just a 1:1 recreation of the original game?

Story's the same, I think. There's one scene that randomly has music added to it, but that's it.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

...Yeah, there's no way my PC can run a game as graphically intensive as that.

Welp, hopefully CS1 and 2 will function for me!

Yeah, well...

Mes patrio, animes con personajes mexicanos!

Don't care...

Gonna watch it and form my own opinion about it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

What did Rean do to get first place?

MC privilege of the most popular arc

Just look how high Byleth is in the FE polls

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

My nightmares come true!

See the source image

Yeah i had the same reaction last year

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is this Hajimari?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

No, english actually spices him up a bit

What spice?

I’m not even joking.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this Hajimari?

Kuro*

Ah yes she simps for the MC there. Atleast not a harem option... yet.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What spice?

I’m not even joking.

Ikr

In jp reviews people complain that the writers csn't even speak japanese due to how bland the writing is

Edited by Shrimpolaris

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Story's the same, I think. There's one scene that randomly has music added to it, but that's it.

I see. Well, I still have some games to beat in my backlog. If all goes well, I finish either this one or 0. Also, is Judgment worth checking out

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, well...

Mes patrio, animes con personajes mexicanos!

Don't care...

Gonna watch it and form my own opinion about it.

Based. But don't get too attached. It still hurts...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYFoH6XUAUGvNR?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Yeah, there's no way my PC can run a game as graphically intensive as that.

>ps3 graphics

>graphically intensive

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this Hajimari?

Kuro.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

Also, is Judgment worth checking out

Yesyesyesyesyes

I've played a couple minutes of its sequel, and I can say with 100% certainty that it's incredible, and I presume that Judgment is of similar quality. Judgment 1 has a really good story, RGG's best combat (until its sequel beat it out), and the only bad thing about it are the tailing segments. (I'm told the pacing can be a little off as well.)

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

>ps3 graphics

>graphically intensive

Listen 'ere, I'm used to playing games that look like this:

(Why yes, it is a culturally insensitive game!)

That gif at least looks better than a lot of what I've played.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Kuro*

Ah yes she simps for the MC there.

Ahh, that’s right. I forgot about that.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ikr

In jp reviews people complain that the writers csn't even speak japanese due to how bland the writing is

But what changes did they actually make to Rean? Did they say?

22 kilometers of hiking today. My feet hurt.

Ah, well. The best part of hiking is eating. Up there in the mountain, heighs conquered, the simplest foods taste like glory. Makes it aaaaaaall worth it.

18 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Capuas have some dignity, they aren't even the most pathetic villains in the series.

Hide contents

In fact, they eventually reform and are much more competent as good guys.

I'm so happy for Team Rocket.

Josette wasn't on the most recent popularity poll results, but there's still time for her to claim number one.

Of course. Trails fans have zero taste. That's why they're Trails fans instead of fans of games I like.

18 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Very glad you remembered my name.

Ayy, you're welcome! Hey, since you shared, could do no less than to at least remember it.

18 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Perhaps once I'm done going through all the Fates support conversations.

It's a plot promotion. You'll go from "new member" to the exclusive class "Keeper of Knowledge."

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Next impression of the main mission in Chapter 9, this is going to take a while. Might not be able to save all the Engineers based on how the RNG goes, there is simply no way I can kill the aggressive archer before turn.... 70? Bringing Marcel wasn't a bad idea, but I'm now concerned he'll run out of Large Leather Shields much too soon, assuming enemy Canto abuse doesn't kill him first. Or that the ballistae never get in range for Elbert to Provoke them.

Chapter 9 does take a while, yeah. Also, about Marcel, I'd be more worried about whether or not he can cross the shallows lol.

And for Esteban's stuff, the evil half-sister feels so cartoonish that I can't take the drama seriously.

Hopefully it'll improve for you as it goes.

While the Pascanion ...should've been a gun. An infamous prototype backfiring doesn't feel right as a bow. Bows can backfire -apparently, modern archer lingo for when a bow limb break is "blowing up"- and harm the user. As I had read about an instance where the bow broke and lodged itself deep in an archer's foot and shattered a bone. But, this particular instance was a footbow.:

Reveal hidden contents

The-Foot-Bow-1-1024x769.png

Not exactly representative of normal archery, given the increased force load they can handle making them more dangerous. Apparently a modern compound bow can take sustain 70 pounds/32 kilograms of draw weight, while a footbow can go up to 325 pounds/148 kilograms. Historically, it's been claimed that premodern bows could travel a distance of up to 900 yards/823 meters. (The modern distance record using footbows is 2028 yards/1854.4 meters.)

I'd never even stopped to think about it. Yeah, now that you mention it, it'd have been more straightforward if it was a crossbow instead... But then Estie couldn't have used it. Oof.

What I found notable was that both Elbert talking to Christine and Ward speaking with Clifford used the same expression- "You can't/It's hard to make amends with a grave".

I didn't point this out because I wasn't sure if you'd already seen it, but yeah. The parallelisms are obvious.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

FL0cgr_X0AYXfES?format=png&name=900x900

@Shrimpolaris @Saint Rubenio I fucking dare both of you to play Conquest with this mod. I fucking dare you.

Bonus points if you do linked ironman.

How about no.

11 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Actually things will play out the same in regards to Esteban, as long as he was deployed in chapter 6.
You will only see after the map is over if the requirement was meet.

Oh. Well, the more you know.

I think Thaddy contributes just fine as a support unit. Provoke is a great tool to manipulate enemy AI, after all.
It's more Czene who struggles. Her main utility is Watchful, which is extremely situational. Yet somehow she is expected to be deployed often enough to reach level 10.
She is better at setting up captures then Thaddy is, due to better knife rank, Adept potentially pushing the RNG in your favor and the fact that she does not have the Critical skill.
Of course you'd need a Bolt Knife first.

Yeah, Thaddy can do things. Czene does rely more on her thief utility.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The king takes his rightful place

MTrOTck.png

Now you're just asking for a fight.

also,

>Renne

>15th place

VXuIvbh.png

Isn't this the tiny edgelord with the backstory that everyone says is a masterpiece in tragic writing?

Well, this comes as no surprise. After all, you are a bold one, 06. I'm just glad I'm not the target, for once.

Inb4 they get angrier at me for the passing disdain

I don't even know anything about her, I'm just feeling vindictive for absolutely no reason

2 hours ago, Benice said:

hyRdWsL.jpg

Loogi.

10 minutes ago, fates is based said:

Hey, @Benice not sure If you remember me, but I'd like to tell you that I beat Sekiro last night. Sword Saint Isshin is probably the most rewarding Fromsoft boss I have fought. I also completed Elden Ring as well, now all that is left is Bloodborne.

How could we forget the one with the truest nickname.

I keep mistaking Pippin in your profile pic for Dorcas and I don't know to feel about it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, fates is based said:

Hey, @Benice not sure If you remember me, but I'd like to tell you that I beat Sekiro last night. Sword Saint Isshin is probably the most rewarding Fromsoft boss I have fought. I also completed Elden Ring as well, now all that is left is Bloodborne.

Congrats! I've not yet made it to Isshin, as I've been going at the Demon of Hatred for quite some time.

Hope you enjoy Bloodborne as well! I'm not sure if I'll ever get to play it, but it looks super neat.

rUSTVBg.jpg

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

But what changes did they actually make to Rean? Did they say?

not them, but those who played both versions iirc said that Rean is a bit more snarky in en.