• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Sorry, first thing that came to mind)

No biggie! I'm more annoyed at myself right now.

My train of thought and realization was more "Dating sim? Let me check to see if it's got 🏳️‍🌈 options". Saw the image with one character whose presence I didn't quite understand. And then I glimpsed the gruesome, the meh, and the lacking visuals. Before getting to the comments.

Once I saw it confirmed, I instantly bursted into a smile and felt vigorous joy welling up from within (no, not that kind). I felt the same way as I did when RF5 announced it'd have s/s, you could've dropped a hydrogen bomb over my head and I wouldn't have feared a thing. It's annoying, because I why do I have to react so uncontrollably? (Although comments show a few other presumed happy guys made happy by this. I'm not alone.) And then there's me feeling the disconnect between my IRL reality and video games, such that I feel like I'm a laughable messed up waste of human existence.

Not helping was me not rechecking the gaming news of the day until after midnight. So suddenly I found myself supercharged with energy when I'd soon turn off the laptop and try to go to sleep. Nor is it helping that the game looks it could very well be mediocre, so part of me has to lasso in the elated part by saying "this game won't be that good, don't overhype it b/c it's got that thingy". It's only one candidate in a sea of ladies anyhow from what it looks like. Although, given LA3 earlier this year...

Dino-Unison.png

...one could very well be enough to satisfy me.😆

I totally need to use the above as an avi at some point.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is inspired by modern Persona, that is clear as day, and although you have no interest in modern Persona, hopefully it's inspiration doesn't get in the way too much.

I found a statement by the guy making this game saying he played P5 only in 2019. And liked it enough that he went back to 3 and 4 afterwards. It's disarmingly recent😬, and feels like this game could be some poorly-made uncreative rushjob three-minutes-seriously-considered idea NGL.

Seems like it's a literal one-man creation too. That is frighteningly few for a 3D game, even if Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin turned reasonably objectively well for a team of two.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although you're avoidance of modern Persona is probably way different than mine haha.

Unlike you (sorry for your experience), I've never played modern Persona. I never gave it a try despite any slight inklings to do so, such as Persona Q. So I can't absolutely say if I would dislike it or not.

You have echoed one assertion of mine: that I'd play modern Persona if someone trimmed out the life sim stuff or played it for me, leaving me to the dungeons and combat which I think would be fun. That bodes ill.

Nonetheless, I can't say I'm entirely opposed to bonding events in games, I'm definitely not. It's more a question of whether how much, how it's handled, and the miscellaneous other life sim elements that modern Persona has. I suppose the only way to see if the formula works is to play it, and admittedly, I'm a pretty chill JRPG player who has devoured without overall indigestion or distaste practically every major franchise in the genre. But... Persona games are long and I think I'll keep not playing them for now.😀

I'll also wait on P6 and see if it makes Persona gay again. If weeby cheap knockoffs are adding it, no reason Atlus can't get with the times.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Got Kirbz

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It got me, someone who doesn't really watch anime anymore, to watch it

Yeah same

This is like the first season in years where i follow anime like this

I've been waiting for this day.

This will be of particular interest to @BrightBow. @Shrimpolaris too. It's simple: Turns out I get to say "If I had a nickel for every time I was a beta tester for a KagaSaga translation project, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?"

That's right, Vestaria Saga 2's beta testing phase has begun, and I get to play the game early. I'm not at liberty to share any screenshots or footage of any kind, but I do get to talk about my experience with the game, in general terms. So expect some kind of impressions going forward. And, of course, this means the game is complete enough to be playable from start to finish. All that remains is for us to find any kinks that need ironing out, and it's good to go. So yeah. No release date yet, but I wouldn't expect it to be too far off.

I am such a happy lad right this moment.

Oh yeah, someone pointed this out from the trailer.:

Eternights_2022_06-02-22_007-1440x810.jp6d982c9eb094fc08b67f4d6ff6d9b0ec84f87aa4

Ready-made meme material.🎮🤝

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now if only you got money for it.😄

Have fun with your hobby-technically-could-be-a-job-in-the-right-circumstances!

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Got Kirbz

After me, but you'll probably start it before I do nevertheless.😅 Enjoy!

I already have like 5 lines I wish I could share.

I see Vestaria 1's translators still got it. This script is wonderful.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I was expecting another December release date, but this sounds like it might possibly be earlier.

I'm almost positive this is the case, yes.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now if only you got money for it.😄

Getting the game early and for free is payment enough, if you ask me! They didn't even ask us to do anything special. If we want, we can try to do obscure things and see how the game reacets, but otherwise, they welcomed us to simply play the game and keep an eye out for typos and issues - which is something I always do anyway, when I'm playing fangames or fanslations.

In Vestaria Saga remastered related news, the twitter showed off what looks like a Berwick inspired city menu and a forbidden shop where you can spend your ranking points on overpowered stuff.

Edited by BrightBow

Reminds me I'm still halfway through the first one.

Well, maybe after finishing the Skyrim run... and whatever other stuff pops up... but certainly once I get the final expansion pack of SRW 30 it's that one going back into the top of the list.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This will be of particular interest to @BrightBow. @Shrimpolaris too. It's simple: Turns out I get to say "If I had a nickel for every time I was a beta tester for a KagaSaga translation project, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?"

That's right, Vestaria Saga 2's beta testing phase has begun, and I get to play the game early. I'm not at liberty to share any screenshots or footage of any kind, but I do get to talk about my experience with the game, in general terms. So expect some kind of impressions going forward. And, of course, this means the game is complete enough to be playable from start to finish. All that remains is for us to find any kinks that need ironing out, and it's good to go. So yeah. No release date yet, but I wouldn't expect it to be too far off.

How did you rope yourself into that one?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How did you rope yourself into that one?

Remember how I joined the Dangen discord a while back? I've been talking to the regulars there a few times, participating in conversations and stuff. When the beta testing begun, they took the regulars of the Vestaria channel and offered them to participate. At that point, this included me, of course.

And here I had only joined to see if there had been any hints at a release date! Hah!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember how I joined the Dangen discord a while back? I've been talking to the regulars there a few times, participating in conversations and stuff. When the beta testing begun, they took the regulars of the Vestaria channel and offered them to participate. At that point, this included me, of course.

And here I had only joined to see if there had been any hints at a release date! Hah!

Looks for a release date, gets it early.

349.jpg.c1be83e679103027490eefc7e2608d12.jpg

(Don't think you've been playing any for a while)

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lucky, enjoy!

That also hopefully means release ain't that far away!

How does one get to be a beta tester for these things anyway?

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After me, but you'll probably start it before I do nevertheless.😅 Enjoy!

Tyty!

Probably won't play it that fast because i will be playing it with my bro, so no 5h/day gaming xD

https://i.redd.it/yemqvvc1x4s81.jpg

The Manga That I Used To Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congrats!

DAO Awakening next????

Map 1 done. Simple enough start, though already there were a good few secrets and a handful of bosses. 7 bosses, in chapter 1. Thanks, Kaga.

Also, I suck. But that's not news to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looks for a release date, gets it early.

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here, if you think hard enough.

My lesson is that I'm as terrible at keeping track of skills as ever, even now that I can read. Fuckin' first boss murdered Accorte because he had First Blood (Vantage)...

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

349.jpg.c1be83e679103027490eefc7e2608d12.jpg

(Don't think you've been playing any for a while)

Well, I did play SGW, but that one's not new.

So yeah.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Lucky, enjoy!

That also hopefully means release ain't that far away!

Enough time for us to finish the game and the problems to be fixed. I have no specific numbers, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say no longer than 2-3 months.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

How does one get to be a beta tester for these things anyway?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I lucked out, basically.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

Congrats!

Beeg McThankies!

Just now, Newtype06 said:

DAO Awakening next????

Well, I was eyeing another game, but after that, I don't have much, no. Perhaps. We'll see if anything comes up. Future's not written.

There he is. The man, the myth, the legend. Generic garbage bagman that is playable.

I am giving everything to this man. Everything.

...Well okay, not everything, but this book I have here has his name written all over it. Sure, the cover reads "potential", but it's really his name, the writer was dyslexic. Probably.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

What happened?

The manga lost the magic it had in the beginning. It lacks balance. Everything was in balance before (the cuteness, the comedy and the seriousnes) but now the comedy takes the main focus. The jokes in the beginning were unique and funny, but they were repeated ad nauseam until they became a shadow of what they were at the beginning. You can't just keep throwing the same jokes in the readers face and expect them to laugh.

Also, I know this is a gag manga, but not everything can be a joke. Comedy people need to know that even a work of comedy can (and should) have serious moments from time to time. That's why the Hakari Rescue arc has a special place within the fandom and is still considered the best. It's a serious story with stakes but still has the normal humor of the manga all executed really well. And the ending and pay-off are actually very satisfying followed by awesome and rewarding fan-service chapters.

Happiness can only exist where there is sadness and vice versa. When you only have one of the two, it's just an emotional flatline. And that's boring.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here, if you think hard enough.

My lesson is that I'm as terrible at keeping track of skills as ever, even now that I can read. Fuckin' first boss murdered Accorte because he had First Blood (Vantage)...

I mean, I am behind on Kaga Saga, so I wasn't rushing to find the date anyways. More fool me.

Which is probably how I'd feel if I got a First Blood to the face.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There he is. The man, the myth, the legend. Generic garbage bagman that is playable.

I am giving everything to this man. Everything.

...Well okay, not everything, but this book I have here has his name written all over it. Sure, the cover reads "potential", but it's really his name, the writer was dyslexic. Probably.

Diary of Potential

Property of: Bagman, Garbage.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eternights_2022_06-02-22_007-1440x810.jp6d982c9eb094fc08b67f4d6ff6d9b0ec84f87aa4

Ready-made meme material.🎮🤝

Now this seems like my type of game.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh. You know that's not too far off from how I got brought in to help with the Gales of Nayeli project.

Cezar in VS1: Forgettable snarky thief.

Cezar in VS2: An advisor to give the almighty August himself a run for his money.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Heh. You know that's not too far off from how I got brought in to help with the Gales of Nayeli project.

Oh, you were? That's pretty awesome. Keep us informed of that, if you wish and can. I was interested in it as well. If I learned something from Lisa: The Painful and Exit Fate, it's that these kinds of basic gamemaking tools, no matter their reputation, aren't just capable of producing one good game - there's always at least two!

31 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This was always going to happen wasn't it?

Almost like the future was set when he was revealled.

39 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What's this?

https://galesofnayeli.com/

I'm curious about how the dynamic supports are supposed to work. It being SRPG studio could be an issue for me sadly, but that's an issue on my end.