Rate the Unit 43: Sara

Silvercrow

Rules (adapted from Integrity's)

- Ratings are for Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a unit above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A character being inferior relative to another character does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- Characters do not get credit for recruiting others or allowing access to side quests.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Characters do not get credit for bringing items.

- I reserve the right to ignore any votes which are not well-supported.

- You may allow a character to use scrolls (and adjust their rating appropriately) so long as it is reasonable (you may debate what constitutes "reasonable" if you feel people may disagree with you). You cannot arbitrarily increase a unit's score by arguing that they may exclusively use half a dozen scrolls for themself. In general, scrolls will probably not add more than +1 to a character's overall rating.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Robert: 2.33

Ronan: 2.42

Alva: 2.5

Marty: 2.89

Kein: 3.5

Tanya: 3.82

Misha: 4.10

Eda: 4.29

Dalsin: 4.38

Trude: 4.69

Evayl: 5.02

Ralph: 5.28

Selphina: 5.37

Glade: 5.75

Hicks: 5.89

Fred: 6.00

Brighton: 6.90

Machua: 7.03

Olwen: 7.05

Mareeta: 7.13

Linoan: 7.24

Halvan: 7.35

Carrion: 7.54

Dagda: 7.54

Homer: 7.54

Rifis: 7.70

Leaf: 8.18

Eyrios: 8.20

Shiva: 8.26

Salem: 8.30

Karin: 8.50

Pahn: 8.66

Dean: 8.70

Felgus: 8.79

Sleuf: 8.84

Othin: 8.86

Tina: 8.90

Lara: 8.92

Fin: 9.06

Nanna: 9.13

Safy: 9.48

Asvel: 9.58

A lategame caster with some interesting advantages: firstly that she starts with B rank staves, unpromoted. This is a pretty big deal, as she's 3 levels (with Elite) away from A staves and Sage promotion bonuses. This basically alone almost puts her on Sleuf's level. On top of the above, despite her poor (but workable) base stats, she has one of the best skillsets in the game: Wrath, Elite, AND Prayer, all of which make up for her statistical weaknesses to some degree. Her growth rates in Magic, Speed, and Skill are all exceptional and with the boosted EXP gain allow her to catch up in terms of combat in due time, especially considering that at this point she probably has good claim to a handful of scrolls to make up for any defensive deficiencies she may have. Additionally, she has 5 movement stars on someone who is both a staffbot and, with a bit of help, a pretty powerful combat unit. She just has everything going for her, a perfect example of an Est type character done right. 9.25/10

Another Sister, but Sara is focused more on staves than light magic, which is generally a winning trade over Linoan despite her availability. Now she also has a 0 PCC unlike Linoan's 5, but she joins with three skills. Elite makes sure she grows extremely fast, especially with a trio of 80% growths in Magic, Skill and Speed. Prayer shields her from a lot of deaths, which is especially useful when you have bases of 14 HP/0 Defense and some of the worst greowths in the game. Finally, there's Wrath, to make sure whoever missed her is going to pay with their lives. And then she gets Continue on promotion as well, but like with the other Sages, it's mostly superfluous. She even gets five movement stars to play around with, essentially making her Tina without personal staves but better combat. finally, she even gets a support from Leaf and she herself supports Salem

Her promotion isn't free like Linoan, but you can choose to promote her early or not even promote her at all and she can still be useful with A rank staves in time. In terms of scrolls, she mostly wants Hezul to help that low 14 HP so that she can use staves more often. Blagi is also fairly useful if you feel like sending her in combat often. After all, she can make most enemies miss her and kill them one by one thanks to her skills.

Essentially another Linoan with different quirks. I do find her slightly better due to skills and a higher staff rank.

8/10.

Staffbot + great skills and B-rank in staffs, so she'll get there quick. Definitely one of the best late units. If only her HP wouldn't be so horribly low, forcing her to sit out every other map.

9/10

Vincent's mage girl 10/10

Well, I'm giving her a 10/10 anyway (8.5/10 + 1 bias point (and 1 Scroll point, but the score can only go up to 10) because she's one of my favorite FE charcters. <3).

She joins late, but she makes up for it with staff utility, three useful skills (especially Elite and Prayer). Hezul fixes her joke of a HP base and growth.

Edited by BLS

Her HP is abysmal, and her def is nonexistant, but she comes with a good set of skills that are Elite, Wrath and Prayer, she also has a high rank in staves, so training her wouldn't be a issue...

9/10, I'm a bit biased because I got insanely lucky in my last play, as she hit 10 movement(then I used the leg ring an that turned into 12), it was amazing!

Amusing enough, I killed Elf using Dalshin + Master Axe, it was awesome.

And well, it's rather difficult for the lame final boss to petrify anyone, but I guess that we should count the fact that her personal staff is the only one that can heal petrify

geez, it's a shame that I wasn't feeling like it these days, because I love Homeros, but I will absolutely try my best to write when Cyas day comes, and I will bash his face with my fist