Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should really not hammer early, because SB and Elieson have some INTERESTING POSTS to make. Also cutting potential discussion like that would be dumb. I want to believe that's what people would do by default, but then I remember about Quickhammer Mafia.

##Vote: Michelaar

Losing two of our PRs like that sucks but at least we have this. I don't really have anything else to say, I found Michelaar slightly scummy before and SB townie, so yay.

I'll be away most of today because I'm attending a con. I don't feel like going but I promised I'd be there to a friend. SUCKS

@Refa: My actions were successful, my role is going to become evident soon enough.

Seeing those kills I guess this is 11/2/2 after all, and that I was wrong. I think a potential SK would have tried to kill more scummy people, unless the SK is Boron for some reason but I guess that's paranoia.

Nah, a potential SK would definitely want to get rid of Tracker or Dayvig. Also I'm hype for some INTERESTING POSTS.

##Vote: Michelaar because I highly doubt that SB is scum right now. One thing I am curious about is that with three different alignments, it means that it is possible that both SB and Michelaar could be scum from two different alignments.

Seeing those kills I guess this is 11/2/2 after all, and that I was wrong. I think a potential SK would have tried to kill more scummy people, unless the SK is Boron for some reason but I guess that's paranoia.

How would you know for sure that the set up is 11/2/2? A 11/3/1 set up is still possible. The only constant right now is the fact that there are four anti-town players.

Cam can watch Shin to make sure that if something interferes with his action we know who it was, even if that's unlikely (although I'd pretty much assume it was Clarinets).

...oops. I had dropped my action pretty hastily before I left and didn't read anything.

I still kind of get this feeling from Cam's posts that he's a maflord even when there's nothing really wrong in them. Idk if I'm subliminally tunneling into meta or something because I can't properly remember how he plays but it still feels kind of off.

i'm the most terrifying maflord there is

@Cam

-Kirsche never talked about Randa which seemed weird because he was a wagon. Randa just left some comment about how he disagreed with my Kirsche case but didn't really go into any specifics which read as off. As for Mitsuki/Izhuark, what bothered me from Mitsuki's end was how she hard defended Izhuark but never updated her read like she did w/Freyjadour which bothered me. Izhuark's end didn't really bother me until his role pick, though. I agree that assuming 2/2 is a stretch at this time, which is why I put no effort into saying "THIS IS LEGIT".

-Neither Blitz or Proto did anything, they were just gut reads. Not too bothered about Blitz because he should be an easy read if he does post (and if he continues to not post, just vig him or something). Shin I have a harder time reading, so I dunno what exactly I'd be doing there.

this is legit, i guess

-I don't really have a decent handle on Kirsche's meta, so can't say anything there. What do you mean by cherry picking? Like, if you mean just picking on specific points that he thinks is scummy rather than analyzing the content as a whole, I'd say yes WRT Boron but no WRT Freyjadour (because Freyjadour barely had any content to begin with).

cherry picking as in like, "hey this guy looks like an easy target and people are already pretty sus of him let's see if we can drive that lynch" (as opposed to just hopping on wagons later)

Mitsuki, I didn't get any other results. What gives?

i just spent 20 minutes looking for mitsuki's claim and just found a weird encoded crumb. is there something going on here that i jjust am not seeing?

Why are people saying I didn't comment on Randa (I did) or that my read on Boron was stronger than my read on Bunch (it wasn't)????

More to come but laptop is dead. I missed twilight and N1 because i didn't know night talk was a thing.

My role has 2 abilities:

1. I can self-watch. Doing this I can't be doctored though so I have no idea what the utility for this would be.

2. For one day, I can take myself out of the Day Phase and only communicate to people through OC. Then, the Night Phase after that, I can cop-scan someone. I am not told if my scans are sane or insane, however.

Both of these abilities are infinite use.

[spoiler=Quotes are literally awful]

pre-edit: god the textboxes don't wrap text anymore if you're not on rich text mode; this is actually awful to try to mafuiya with

Preach it. I'd be honestly surprised if this spoiler even works correctly.

I gave Blitz tracker because I wasn't very confident in anyone being town, had the best feeling about Blitz, and was worried about who it'd be given to if I didn't give it away. Blitz was also fairly forgettable so I thought scum might be less inclined to target him but at the same time competent enough so that the bodyguard wouldn't abandon him without thinking.

It feels like Kirsche is just trying to paint me as scummy because people being wary of me is the new thing happening.

Only just noticed this but this is hugely overdefensive. I think it was only SB and me and we didn't even have a proper case so why so reactionary?

Oh apparently Cam was wary of you too? I didn't even notice that the first time, but you're right in that I used the same wording as SB on purpose because, well, I had the same feeling as SB (notice how I even mentioned that I felt we had similar thought processes this game).

Never mind that he's sounding like an asshole by acting like he knows my thought process better than I do

No I know your thought process better than what you act like it is. It's easily the shittest non-case in the thread and you haven't even addressed why I thought it was so bad. Yes I am discrediting your vote, yes I am saying you have no better reads because otherwise you would vote them.

Oh, fair enough then.

This is ridiculously passive for town!Refa. Why are you accepting a meta argument so easily? Especially one that you seem to disagree with still? He explains it away like this:

(I'll make an actual response to your points later Cam, I'm in a IDGAF about mafia mode right now)

But I just don't see where this sudden lack of motivation comes from aside from perhaps being annoyed that he is mafia and he hates being mafia. His role giving analysis also feels very separated from his reads list, e.g. even though he was scum reading me he thinks my placement is townie and doesn't really follow up as to why scum would do it until Mitsuki "justifies" it as a scum play.

My lynch priority was Bunch first because of stuff Randa had said as well as my misgivings with his playstyle as a whole, Boron second but with >> at first because I was unsure at first (then I became more sure in my next post and would have put her at just one >). Mitsuki and Randa were last because they were more gut reads.

I got fakeclaim characters too with my role, what do you mean by this?

????????????????????????

Giving a good player a good role is perfect because then the Bodyguard doesn't have to Wifom between all the good roles, which is why we lost two power roles at once. If Cam was tracker and died then Mr. Spear is going to have a lot to explain. Isn't necessarily scummy logic but it's bad logic on your part.

We could really have talked about role assignments at phase end but I'll admit I forgot about it too other than to say "lol watcher shouldn't be second" because really, that watcher shouldn't be second.

A lot of people talked about why that would be a bad decision so I'm sure he didn't miss it.

When rofl because I would have torn that shit to shreds. There's too many situations to write off anything, I thought SB pushed that hard enough way back when but I guess not.

Clarinets' role is ??? He probably should just take himself out of every day phase for maximal cop scans. Scan Mancer first to determine what sanity you are.

We're lynching Michellar but would be happy with a Refa/Mitsuki lynch (wow the OMGUS), feeling better about Boron from her role use and her role assignment so I guess you really do think it isn't just a placement vote my b. Still a shit case on Izhuark though.

i just got off a plane and all i see is essbee desu and i'm dying

That can be arranged, desu.

Clarient's claim is kind of weird, desu. Does it say in your role pm specifically that you don't know your scan's alignment, desu?

@Kirsche

-I can get where Cam is coming from. I'm not accepting it myself.

-The next thing you quoted isn't an explanation for my previous post lol, it's an explanation for the literal non content I put out right before that post. Also I don't feel like playing mafia whenever I'm free to do so, so you insinuating that me saying "eh, not really feeling like playing mafia right now" makes me scum makes no sense.

-That's because they are seperate. The reads list is just another thing that'd influence my reads, comparable to a scumread having a decent read or whatever. Scum can still do actions that are generally beneficial for town, so I'm not sure what I'd need to explain there.

-Fair enough on Mitsuki and Randa but nothing about your arguments stated why Ms. Bunch should have been higher than Boron (especially considering that it was a sheep). Actually, if you were confident enough in Randa to sheep his vote then why was he in your scumlist? Why would you ever be like "I"m gutreading this person as scum but his vote is totally sheepable) without any explanation on that front?

-Also you haven't said anything about Randa despite him being a gutread of yours on a previous day. What is your read on him and why haven't you mentioned him?

I think I made SB snap.

I haven't read the thread much (other than SB's posts) because I'm at Tech's house, which is definitely better than the con.

As you all have guessed already, I'm the post restrictor. I have 5 shots and once per game I can restrict two people at the same time, like I did this phase, at the expense of 3 shots. I come up with the restrictions, but Prims must approve them.

I gave the best restriction I came up with to SB because I love him and the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about using my role was restricting him. Also because only viable targets were SB, Elieson and Michelaar, since if people don't follow their restrictions they get both voted and roleblocked. Not like it matters much anyways since I'm making these post restrictions so that they're easy enough to follow. Also there's something else but I'm only going to claim it if it ever becomes relevant, which I don't think it will.

I also restricted Elieson because I'm kind of scumreading him and it also looked like fun.

After thinking a little more about it, I don't feel like Clarinets' claim can be true, desu? We already have a 2-person Cop and a Tracker,so having a third hidden info role that could go to town is incredibly swingy, desu. Between the Bodyguard, JoaT and Tracker which should all be priority kills, if all of the MIx roles didn't claim instantly they could completely screw over the mafia, desu. On top of this, the mafia has no counterplay to the Bodyguard, desu, in case Clarients' role is real, desu. The only way they could mess with it is through mystery roles, desu, but even then there's no guarantee that they get any, desu. And also, it could be easily be traced back to them from that pool, desu.

Also the self-watch seems incredibly pointless when you can do this, desu. Especially when it's the part that makes you macho, desu, but the OC granting cop report still allows for you to be protected, desu.

Writing this post has made me want to kill myself, desu.