Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

55 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I call it now, if Sigurd wins we'll see the power creep manifest into five move units.

That's the level of craziness I prefer to think they won't cross (like making a unit be able to get more than 2 galeforce skills at once), specially if he have a tome like Deirdre, cause then he'd already have 2 range. highlight on prefer cause it's not an inpossibility at all, unfortunately.

I'm bet he'll have some crazy prf that gives him incondicional +1 mov, + miracle and +1 mov to every unit on his team (maybe the +1 mov will be on his weapon even, so his miracle can be a special effect and bypass skills that would null it if it wasn't), maybe Miracle to his teammates too, and/or some crazy teleportation skill to work as more mov as well.

What do you guys think our potential winners's brave outfits (and weapons, etc) could take after? I think Sigurd taking after Deirdre would be neat (definitively cooler than something inspired on his dad or whatever).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

(definitively cooler than something inspired on his dad or whatever).

Don't make the Byron fans cry. We have so little.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Don't make the Byron fans cry. We have so little.

Oh no, I like Byron too, but if Sigurd was inspired on him, he'd just be using clothes very similar to his normal ones (the only notable difference would be a blue coat instead of a white one and a lighter toned cape, I think) and most likely even have Tyrfing. I want Byron on the game as himself, but a Brave alt for Sigurd inspired on him would be pretty boring (although I'd like to see what he has to say about his dad but that'd be about it).

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh no, I like Byron too, but if Sigurd was inspired on him, he'd just be using clothes very similar to his normal ones (the only notable difference would be a blue coat instead of a white one and a lighter toned cape, I think) and most likely even have Tyrfing. I want Byron on the game as himself, but a Brave alt for Sigurd inspired on him would be pretty boring (although I'd like to see what he has to say about his dad but that'd be about it).

I think you're ignoring the possibility of full blue beard Sigurd!

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think you're ignoring the possibility of full blue beard Sigurd!

Wait, by "full blue beard" you mean Sigurd with a beard (because his dad has a beard) that is blue (because his hair is blue), or something else (like something related to the fairy tale character Blue Beard, or whatever)? I don't wanna sound ignorant, it's just to be sure.

32 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wait, by "full blue beard" you mean Sigurd with a beard (because his dad has a beard) that is blue (because his hair is blue), or something else (like something related to the fairy tale character Blue Beard, or whatever)? I don't wanna sound ignorant, it's just to be sure.

No, no fairy tale. I don't think Byron was killing Sigurd's mothers. I meant this

zPvy0yv.png

LwqGEB4.png

(I couldn't decide if the eyebrows should be blue or not)

I don't think Byron stands any chance of getting into the game, but if by some miracle he did, I'd like him to be a cavalry knife unit who chucks the broken Tyrfing and enemies XD

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

No, no fairy tale. I don't think Byron was killing Sigurd's mothers. I meant this

zPvy0yv.png

LwqGEB4.png

(I couldn't decide if the eyebrows should be blue or not)

I don't think Byron stands any chance of getting into the game, but if by some miracle he did, I'd like him to be a cavalry knife unit who chucks the broken Tyrfing and enemies XD

Ah, to be fair I'm not familiar with what the fairy tale is in the slightest (just know that it exists, and that it must be about a dude with a blue beard), didn't figure it was about a wife killer dude lol.

Oh, actually, Sigurd with a beard would be pretty neat. Wonder if it'd be from a reality where he lived for longer (and probably beat Arvis or whatever) or from a reality where everything happened exactly as it did excect that for some reason Sigurd just always had a beard lol.

I mean, with the giantic amount of FE4 characters to still get into feh, Byron's chances certainly look bad, but they do shove some randoms so maybe someday, even if something like those Valentines alt (wait, a Valentines alt of FE4 would probably rather feature Sigurd with his kid instead of his dad...) Forget it, Byron's chances are horrible! Why did you suggest a Byron that can stab enemies with the chunks of a Legendary weapon?! Cause now I want it and will never have it...

Edited by ARMADS!!!

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I call it now, if Sigurd wins we'll see the power creep manifest into five move units.

> At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants "unit can move one extra space (that turn only; does not stack)", [Pathfinder], and [Canto (Dist)] to unit and allies within 2 spaces.

Alternatively, maybe they'll make a 5-space variation of Charge.

lol, or:

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

> At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants "unit can move one extra space (that turn only; does stack)", [Pathfinder], and [Canto (Dist)] to unit and allies within 2 spaces.

jokes aside, a calvary charge or Sigurd granting pathinder does seem pretty likely in the future.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

8 hours ago, Othin said:

> At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants "unit can move one extra space (that turn only; does not stack)", [Pathfinder], and [Canto (Dist)] to unit and allies within 2 spaces.

Alternatively, maybe they'll make a 5-space variation of Charge.

Too restricted. Should be "If unit is within two spaces of an ally or it's a day ending in 'y' grant etc"

SILLY BERNIE GOT A SPOT 🤩. I must say, Robin is the only one who fits prior trends of choosing lords, but we already ran out of lords with mass fan base, but this is pure underdog victory, starting with Alfonso who was always popular, but never made it in top 2 until now. I’m not the biggest fan of Felix other than his combat performance, but I welcome him as well. But I’m worried with the 3H winners will get the another lame un creative treatment like that other CYL

9 minutes ago, Midnox said:

SILLY BERNIE GOT A SPOT 🤩. I must say, Robin is the only one who fits prior trends of choosing lords, but we already ran out of lords with mass fan base, but this is pure underdog victory, starting with Alfonso who was always popular, but never made it in top 2 until now. I’m not the biggest fan of Felix other than his combat performance, but I welcome him as well. But I’m worried with the 3H winners will get the another lame un creative treatment like that other CYL

Hey, Jugdral lords have plenty of fans! Seliph placed in CYL6, and Sigurd and Leif both did really well here!

Personally I've never cared much for Felix and Bernie, but it'll be nice to check them off the list of 3H characters missing their adult appearances - joining Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude, Lysithea, Marianne, Hilda, and Ingrid in having both pre-timeskip and post-timeskip versions. Am I forgetting anyone?

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hey, Jugdral lords have plenty of fans! Seliph placed in CYL6, and Sigurd and Leif both did really well here!

Plenty of hardcore FE fans, but it’s clear casual fan doesn’t care enough to vote for them, unless the rumored remake gets done and expose them more to mainstream audiences 

Just now, Jotari said:

What are the odds female Robin will be a Grima alt XD

They should be at a flat 0%.

Given that they didn't do that to M!Robin, it would be exceptionally scummy if they did it to F!Robin.

37 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They should be at a flat 0%.

Given that they didn't do that to M!Robin, it would be exceptionally scummy if they did it to F!Robin.

I was joking. I don't genuinely expect it. The meme of announcing Rearmed Robin only for it to be Grima just hasn't passed yet.

All I can say is that hopefully Robin can have a hairstyle upgrade like Eirika, because besides her hair, she's the only winner I really tolerate. I found both 3H winners here fairly insufferable, and Alfonse ...well, mine's still at 4-star despite my having capped feathers multiple times.

That said, they're clear and uncontroversial victories, and I kind of like the rejection of the forgettable Engage in general. Provided we don't just get timeskip 3H characters this time around, I wouldn't be meaningfully happier had any of the 3rd or 4th placed winners gotten up instead.

EDIT: Wait, just browsing the game-by-game results now, and BK changes his scarf between games?!?

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I found both 3H winners here fairly insufferable

I go back and forth on Felix (it helps that his Hopes version is more well-rounded) but Bernie: I know she's popular but apart from putting flowers on Jeralt's grave the only "appreciation" I hear for her are people fetishizing her mental illness. I just hope we get some creative builds for them, but unlike Byleth and Marianne these two are only known for swordplay and archery respectively, so I won't get my hopes up. At best Felix will be a Mortal Savant but I doubt it.

I said this in the Feh Channel thread too, but I'm so mad we got even more 3H winners. At least the potential Engage sweep had a bunch of interesting characters and build ideas. I'll just take my Alfonse and dip unless the others have useful skills to fodder.

I almost thought the Three Houses dominance was over after last year, but nope. Three Houses still holds *nearly half the CYL places since its release, which is insane.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot CYL6 only had one TH winner. I think the point still holds, though.

Edited by Seafarer

Just now, DefyingFates said:

I go back and forth on Felix (it helps that his Hopes version is more well-rounded)

A fair statement. I don't actually think Felix stands out in any particular way, it's more that the typical myrmidon personality of being coldly obsessed with nothing other than training to be the best sword user ever is utterly juvenile.

So yeah, it's no specific slight on him, just a reflection of my feelings towards the tiresome archetype that's been ever-present through the Fire Emblem series. I have not, and will never play Three Hopes for gameplay reasons - FE Warriors is the worst Switch game I have ever been fooled into buying - so I'll take it on faith that he gains more depth there.

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

FE Warriors is the worst Switch game I have ever been fooled into buying

At least Hopes has likable OCs?

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

so I'll take it on faith that he gains more depth there.

tl;dr is that he has to grow up sooner, so stops being so cruel to Dimitri and the others and does stuff other than train and being a haughty teen. The same happens to Sylvain for that matter. He's actually likable instead of being a complete and utter creep with rare moments of insight.

But both those things are a huge shame when CYL is almost certainly going to use their Houses counterparts unless they need excuses for more Rearmed/ Ascended alts.

34 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

I almost thought the Three Houses dominance was over after last year, but nope. Three Houses still holds half the CYL places since its release, which is insane.

screams into arm

Edited by DefyingFates

I legitimately don't know what power 3H holds over the FE fanbase as a whole. Whatever charm 3H is supposed to have apparently missed its mark with me and it doesn't really help that I don't particularly like any of the winners so farm, lol.

Between Reinhardt and Tormod getting tanked in the rankings because of bad timing, Alfred scoring far lower than I thought, Celine not even being in the top 20 for women, and 3H still taking half the winning slots, this is almost the worst timeline for me. I say "almost" because I'm actually okay with Alfonse winning. At this point, when we are 8 books in and the only consistent character with actual character, he deserves it. Far more than Gullveig did at least.

F!Robin does nothing for me, honestly, but at least she's getting a main pool version now.