Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

I don't normally bother with FEH news on here since others are pretty quick to post about it here, but I figured I'd give it a go this time (I apologize if I'm stealing the thunder here). I genuinely don't know who to vote for, so I'm interested to see what others might have in mind.

If this thread gets posted after someone else posts a similar one, can the mods close this one? Thank you.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I hope that Caeda and Elincia would win this time for Choose Your Legends Round 8. I do need to vote any of the Engage characters in it as well. I bet we might see some of the highest voted Engage characters from the Engage Popularity Poll win in Round 8.

Edited by King Marth 64

Hm. I wonder if they've just decided that they're going to have CYL in mid-January now.

Gonna go vote for Tormod. Also one obligatory Reinhardt "I like him for reals, not as a meme" vote.

Still contemplating if I'll continue to vote Awakening Anna or jump to Ivy for the (hopefully) one year she'll be here. I think the female winners will be Yunaka and Ivy.

As usual, male characters I would actually want to see win aren't popular enough to make it, so it's more about who I'd rather not see win. Unfortunately, the male I think is likely to win this year is someone I absolutely despise (Alcryst).

Could anyone with extra votes spare one for Elffin?  I am going to start asking from now on since I have also been waiting since day one of the game for him.  My votes will be split between Elffin, Volug and Yashiro with day 7 left for if Alcyrst makes in to the top two at midpoint.

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hm. I wonder if they've just decided that they're going to have CYL in mid-January now.

Well in the case of this year, the FEH Anniversary stuff is starting earlier (January 30th) for some reason so that might be why CYL8 is also starting earlier.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well in the case of this year, the FEH Anniversary stuff is starting earlier (January 30th) for some reason so that might be why CYL8 is also starting earlier.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's kind of weird they're starting the anniversary stuff earlier when they never did that before, but I guess they have their reasons ... whatever they are.

Gave my first vote to Ginungugap, Felicia Lute Ranulf are planned votes, others I'll decide later.

I didn't really have any favorites in Engage so I doubt I'll give them any votes

I've already banished most of Engage from my memory (not hard, as there's precious little memorable about it), but it seems most folks reckon Ivy is the hot favourite and I'd have no complaints about that. I'd be significantly less chuffed with Yunaka being the other winner though, and same for Alcryst.

Actual wishlist would be something like Palla, Titania, Oscar, Duessel. I suppose if it's to be an Engage sweep I'd take *checks notes* ...Ivy, Citrinne, Louis and Zelkov. All purely theoretical though as I probably can't be bothered logging in daily to actually vote, and no one I'd vote for has the slightest chance in hell of doing anything. Especially after poor Desaix got ripped off last year.

Notes for the new Engage section.

*Rafal is referred to as Nil, despite being consistently referred to as Rafal after the reveal and Nil being a whole other character (who it wouldn't be impossible to see in Heroes due to a duo child alt).

*Veyle is just one character. I don't think it would have been crazy to have Veyle and Evil Veyle as two different characters to vote on. They're quite different.

*Only CYL characters are the playable cast, hounds, royal parents and Sombron. None of the other generic bosses or the shop keepers. Not beyond standard but I thought they might do it to bulk up the list. Engage has only 51 characters, which is less than every title except Sacred Stones, the non-Academy 3Hs ones and TMS.

**No Sommie too, which is pretty surprising.

Any new characters other than the Engage cast added? Going to look now but if the research has done maybe someone can inform me.

Edited by Jotari

55 minutes ago, Jotari said:

**No Sommie too, which is pretty surprising.

Sommie's coming next year.

In hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised CYL was so early given the livestream is also coming early, but oh well. As always I'm going all in for Lyon but I also want to make another account to vote for some combination of Veyle, Nel and Alear from Engage, though I know they're fighting an uphill battle with Ivy and Yunaka (and Lyon has no chance whatsoever against the male Engage Lords unless he's high in the midterms and gets boosted by them - assuming we don't get another alphabetical order thing again).

Best of luck, everyone!

58 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Engage has only 51 characters, which is less than every title except Sacred Stones, the non-Academy 3Hs ones and TMS.

Fewer people to clog up the system in future years as 3H did, at least.

I gave my first vote to Touma & Cain, just to say "I did my part".

Honestly... I have no idea in who to vote this year. I may give a vote for Pandreo since I like him a lot. But overall... I don't know. I will check some of my friends, so see who they are giving their votes for, and offer my votes to them.

However, to be fair... I kinda expect a Engage sweep this year. I would prefer not, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Any new characters other than the Engage cast added? Going to look now but if the research has done maybe someone can inform me.

Doesn't seem like it, at the very least Fomortiis, Ulir, the Cipher quartet, and the like are still missing. For now, it only looks like we just got the Engage cast, minus everyone's favorite Somniel resident. 

Personally, I'll stick with my usual favorites plus two more from Engage. None of my favorites look like they'll win this year so no point in funneling votes.

35 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Sommie's coming next year.

I actually think that's doubtful. At this is three years running now where they've only added characters from new games/new Heroes OCs. It seems like they've left the days of adding characters to the older rosters behind them, even though there are some relatively important characters like Kotaro still not there. I think Sommie might have missed it's chance. Which is a shame, as Sommie actually could have stood a chance at winning, or at least getting into the Top 20 and letting us see what they'd do with a relatively gender neutral character.

As with every year, my votes are going to Elena! (Ike and Mist's mom.) I made a thread an appreciation thread for her a while back, too. She's a very important character in her games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) but only appears in background stuff, like FE9's opening cutscene, or just being talked about by other characters. I'd love to reunite her with her family and get to know her better through FEH! It would be so fun, especially if her Brave outfit was based on Ike's ranger outfit!

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I actually think that's doubtful. At this is three years running now where they've only added characters from new games/new Heroes OCs. It seems like they've left the days of adding characters to the older rosters behind them, even though there are some relatively important characters like Kotaro still not there. I think Sommie might have missed it's chance. Which is a shame, as Sommie actually could have stood a chance at winning, or at least getting into the Top 20 and letting us see what they'd do with a relatively gender neutral character.

I’m shocked they didn’t add Sommie. I could easily see it rising high on meme votes like Gatekeeper did a few years ago.

It’s funny that you mentioned Kotaro, because one of the first things I did was check and see if he had been added. Now I’m curious what other relatively important minor villains haven’t been added to the CYL roster.

As usual, I casted a vote for my most wanted character, Shura. I’m somewhat confident that Shura will show up on the next Fates banner (even if as a Grand Hero Battle character) so I don’t want to throw all my votes at him. I’ll probably give a couple votes to Rickard, who is one of my favorite Archanean characters. While I think his chances of appearing on the next Archanea banner are decent, I’m less confident about this than with Shura and Fates.

Other candidates I’m considering giving votes to are Marisha (same reasons as Rickard,) Jakob (favorite Fire Emblem character and he desperately needs a good alt or at the very least a Resplendent,) Peri (one of my favorite Fates characters and she is very overdue for an alt,) Karel and Legault (my two favorite Blazing Blade characters by a significant margin, and they’re both overdue for alts, although I’m pretty confident Karel will be on the spring banner this year. The question is whether it will be Binding Blade or Blazing Blade Karel. I’d be happy with either.)

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

It's possible that Sommie will get enough advocacy for them to take notice and adjust next year. They may have stopped retroactively adding characters to pre-Engage games, but they've had chances to see the responses to those games' rosters, while Engage hasn't had that chance yet.

I picked Raydrik for my first vote, but I may change course if Sigurd seems to have a shot at victory.

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I’m shocked they didn’t add Sommie. I could easily see it rising high on meme votes like Gatekeeper did a few years ago.

I suspect that's exactly why Sommie isn't there. Which is a shame because there'd probably be a lot more real affection behind the votes for Sommie than your usual meme pics. Everyone agrees they're adorable.