Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

What did he do?

Im addition to what @Tybrosionsaid, as far as I read, he had been married to Lisa (the famous celebrity) for around just a year when he cheated on her, and after it, he said that he felt so much regret for it that he attempted suicide twice (which made some people see it as if he was whinning or begging for forgiveness/pity, some people got even angrier because they thought that his suicide attempt must have stressed his wife even further after having just been cheated on), he went on a hiatus after that. They stayed married after this, which probably made the uproar even bigger. Also he was lead singer on a band (OLDCODEX) that disbanded in 2022 (not 100% sure if because of the cheating scandal but I think so because the band paused their activities right after that, in 2021, and less than 6 months later they announced that they were going to disband after they released a song for the Free! movie that was scheduled for 2022).

Upon a bit more research, I just saw that he left his agency on October last year and is now working as a freelance voice actor, and also that he and Lisae have a kid now. So apparently he is still working as a voice actor, but he's probably still "canceled" so... yeah.

Y'know, theoretically speaking, if Alfonse were to win CYL at some point, wouldn't they be forced to have someone voice him, even if it isn't the original voice actor?

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Im addition to what @Tybrosionsaid, as far as I read, he had been married to Lisa (the famous celebrity) for around just a year when he cheated on her, and after it, he said that he felt so much regret for it that he attempted suicide twice (which made some people see it as if he was whinning or begging for forgiveness/pity, some people got even angrier because they thought that his suicide attempt must have stressed his wife even further after having just been cheated on), he went on a hiatus after that. They stayed married after this, which probably made the uproar even bigger. Also he was lead singer on a band (OLDCODEX) that disbanded in 2022 (not 100% sure if because of the cheating scandal but I think so because the band paused their activities right after that, in 2021, and less than 6 months later they announced that they were going to disband after they released a song for the Free! movie that was scheduled for 2022).

Upon a bit more research, I just saw that he left his agency on October last year and is now working as a freelance voice actor, and also that he and Lisae have a kid now. So apparently he is still working as a voice actor, but he's probably still "canceled" so... yeah.

Well the affair is one thing, but breaking a NDA is a pretty solid way to alienate yourself from the industry. Whatever happened to that one mildly popular YouTuber who fulfilled his dreams of working for Nintendo and then promptly blew it all by leaking a bunch of shit and having Nintendo effectively erase him from existence in Three Houses with an update? Did he ever find work again?

42 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Y'know, theoretically speaking, if Alfonse were to win CYL at some point, wouldn't they be forced to have someone voice him, even if it isn't the original voice actor?

Not necessarily if they have enough stock footage (or, we, audio) and alternate takes. The level of voice acting in Heroes is very minor after all. It's just some grunts and isolated sentences with the special quote and like one other full sentence. Though, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they did recast him. For all people talk about the sanctity of the voice actor playing the characters in Japanese media, they do still frequently recast when real life calls for it. We did end up getting a new voice actor for Anankos after all (didn't we? Or did they just use stock audio or the other Anankos voice actor for that?). Still, they'd need a real reason to out another Alphonse in the game before they bother to do so.

Edited by Jotari

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Did he ever find work again?

According to IMDB, Chris Niosi has gotten work (though nothing affiliated with Nintendo) since fumbling the role of M!Byleth. He's been in Genshin Impact (as Ilyas, a quest NPC) and Final Fantasy VII Remake (just as additional voices).

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We did end up getting a new voice actor for Anankos after all (didn't we? Or did they just use stock audio or the other Anankos voice actor for that?).

JP Anankos is voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki (also M!Corrin, M!Kana and Kyza), who did voice the human form of Anankos in Fates. It was actually in English where Anankos got recast in FEH (to Imari Williams, who was in Fates as Benny and Fuga but not as Anankos).

JP Gunter is the one where they used stock / preexisting audio of Rokuro Naya, who passed away (on November 17th, 2014) before Fates had even released in Japan.

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

According to IMDB, Chris Niosi has gotten work (though nothing affiliated with Nintendo) since fumbling the role of M!Byleth. He's been in Genshin Impact (as Ilyas, a quest NPC) and Final Fantasy VII Remake (just as additional voices).

Pretty small roles from the sounds of it. Course, it's not like the Byleth voice acting job was super lucrative to begin with (what with Byleth being one of those silent protagonist who still has voice acting), but his career would no doubt be in a better position now if he didn't choose five minutes of internet attention over adhering to a contract.

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

JP Anankos is voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki (also M!Corrin, M!Kana and Kyza), who did voice the human form of Anankos in Fates. It was actually in English where Anankos got recast in FEH (to Imari Williams, who was in Fates as Benny and Fuga but not as Anankos).

JP Gunter is the one where they used stock / preexisting audio of Rokuro Naya, who passed away (on November 17th, 2014) before Fates had even released in Japan.

I'm pretty sure Anankos had two voice actors, one as a dragon and one as a human in Heirs of Fates and that the Gunther guy played one of those roles. Unless all the stuff listing that does so because Gunther technically is Anankos briefly.

Edited by Jotari

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm pretty sure Anankos had two voice actors, one as a dragon and one as a human in Heirs of Fates and that the Gunther guy played one of those roles. Unless all the stuff listing that does so because Gunther technically is Anankos briefly.

In Fates, Shimazaki is the one who voiced human Anankos while Naya is the one who voiced dragon Anankos.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well the affair is one thing, but breaking a NDA is a pretty solid way to alienate yourself from the industry. Whatever happened to that one mildly popular YouTuber who fulfilled his dreams of working for Nintendo and then promptly blew it all by leaking a bunch of shit and having Nintendo effectively erase him from existence in Three Houses with an update? Did he ever find work again?

Oh, no, I wasn't saying exactly that he was fired or alienated exactly because of the affair, basically he took an extended hiatus because of the affair (and the suicide attempts, and probably because of the backlash he got over the affair) which made him have to be replaced in several roles. So on top of breaking the NDA, he fucked his reputation AND abandoned the roles he already had. The NDA he broke was regarding the Free! movie, which his band was making a song for, apparently he showed the song to his mistress before the movie was out or something (though I can't find much about it), curiously Kyoto Animation (which was responsible for the Free! movie) confirmed that they were not going to replace his role on the movie in spite of breaking the NDA, of course, I'm sure that knowing that he broke a NDA would stain his reputation either way (specially more with the industry, than with the fans), but he managed to not lose that job (thought it probably was because that movie was the final project for Free!, as far as I know).

I'm certain that they'll not stop using Alfonse just because of his voice actor, even if he doesn't win a CYL for the next few years, he'll get a Legendary eventually. Maybe they'll use Lif's voice or another random voice actor with a more "mature" voice and simply play it off as "since Alfonse is now older, his voice is deeper and different", or not, and they'll just pick another dude and say nothing. But I doubt they'll never give Alfonse an alt again.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

39 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, no, I wasn't saying exactly that he was fired or alienated exactly because of the affair, basically he took an extended hiatus because of the affair (and the suicide attempts, and probably because of the backlash he got over the affair) which made him have to be replaced in several roles. So on top of breaking the NDA, he fucked his reputation AND abandoned the roles he already had. The NDA he broke was regarding the Free! movie, which his band was making a song for, apparently he showed the song to his mistress before the movie was out or something (though I can't find much about it), curiously Kyoto Animation (which was responsible for the Free! movie) confirmed that they were not going to replace his role on the movie in spite of breaking the NDA, of course, I'm sure that knowing that he broke a NDA would stain his reputation either way (specially more with the industry, than with the fans), but he managed to not lose that job (thought it probably was because that movie was the final project for Free!, as far as I know).

It might actually not affect him so much if that's the case. Like, it certainly doesn't look good or trustworthy, but the contract he broke was for the music side of his career, not his voice acting side. Voice actors probably wouldn't even have nearly as much access to the completed work, I'd say they just go to a booth record the lines and call it a day, only actually getting to keep the audio files if they happen to have a good enough set up at home and can email the work in themselves. The lack of Alphonse might just genuinely be because of the hiatus.

^^^All pure speculation.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

It might actually not affect him so much if that's the case. Like, it certainly doesn't look good or trustworthy, but the contract he broke was for the music side of his career, not his voice acting side. Voice actors probably wouldn't even have nearly as much access to the completed work, I'd say they just go to a booth record the lines and call it a day, only actually getting to keep the audio files if they happen to have a good enough set up at home and can email the work in themselves. The lack of Alphonse might just genuinely be because of the hiatus.

^^^All pure speculation.

Actually, he does voice a character in Free!, but yeah, the leak was on the musical part.

I wonder if maaaybe there's an actual chance of him actually coming back as Alfonse. Tatsuhisa Suzuki did lose some of his roles because of the hiatus, but that's because the shows had to continue and so he was replaced (and well, now he was already replaced on those so I don't think he will ever just come back to most of his old roles that were interrupted), feh didn't replace him as Alfonse during the hiatus so now that he came back to voice acting, maybe they might hire him again to do him, specially since -purely speculation- I don't think he'd have a lot of info to leak as VAs of a FEH character, maybe they don't even have to show the actual alt to the VAs if they don't want to, so the most he could do in terms of leaking would be what Alfonse's lines are (but he'd probably want to avoid doing this since he's trying to continue his career). Also, the scandal with the cheating and all was on 2021 (around August, if I'm correct) so the tides of the fans' fury might have calmed by now, the CYL units come in august so even if Alfonse won this year, the scandal would have stayed 3 years behind already (otherwise, even more time).

I'll give some votes to Alfonse, not because of the VA thing at all, it's just that I realized that the women' side has a lot less contenders I like (with a chance of winning) than the men's side, so I think I'll focus more on Alfonse than on Sharena, then night switch after the midterms (also Alfonse's propaganda on the feh Reddit is doing pretty good and he has a lot more supporters than I expected, I also saw that he stayed on the top TEN last year, which I had forgotten), but very likely I'll spare some votes for some of my favorite underdogs in the series too. I don't even think that Alfonse with his dad's clothes is bad, we'll have a good (probably great) Alfonse alt and for me that's golden, a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶x̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶a̶n̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶. Seriously though, he's probably my favorite OC.

Anyway, my first vote (from yesterday, this year I didn't lose the first day!) was given to Sharena, I don't regret it one bit.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well I think Kotaro is the most noteworthy character not on CYL. After him, or maybe on par or a head of him depending how you squint, would be the Valentia Cipher units. Others would be some characters already in the game like Elimine or Ullhr. Jiol should probably be on there too, but only today did I insult him and say he's not important...still he's more important than that one dancer in Fates who only showed up for two lines.

When voting today, I checked to see if Anthony (from Revelation) was added. Despite that dancer that you mentioned being on the CYL ballot, Anthony still isn’t. I’d argue Anthony is at least as important as Mustafa and maybe Arete (who have been in Heroes for quite some time.)

14 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I wonder if they count FE6 and 7 Karel's votes count togheter or not, they don't mention anything about it so I suspect that they don't. Also, I wonder if Camus' and Sirius' (and Zeke's) votes count for just one character too, since they took out Masked Marth and the Flame Emperor once Lucina and Edelgard won BUT they don't mention Sirius as an exception on the "characters's votes will NOT me tallied togheter if the following cases apply: 1) When the same character goes by different names" part of the the text.

Both Karels are listed as two separate characters, which is legitimate to me. He fits both requirements 2 and 3 (significant period of time passing and different appearances and personalities.) It’s kind of a moot point since from looking at previous years’ results, both get relatively few votes.

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I still find it absurd that a whole character can be put on lockdown or in some cases even get written out because the VA did something shady...or even if the VA just did something that's completely his own business like in Alfonse's case. Its especially jarring compared to how Japanese companies treat western va's who occasionally get discarded like trash.

I bet Ray Chase is pretty grumpy about missing out on work because a guy he happens to share roles with got blacklisted because of a private affair. 

You’re not alone in that. It sounds like the Japanese version of cancel culture and apparently it’s not uncommon.

To be fair, this sometimes happens in Western TV shows, especially live action shows. The first example that comes to mind for me where it was due to an actor’s misbehavior was Pair of Kings. The actor who played one of the two main characters, Brady (I don’t feel like looking up his name at the moment,) had issues with DUI or something substance-related. Disney replaced him with another actor who looked completely different who was introduced as a new main character named Boz. Luckily this happened at the beginning of a season, so Brady’s departure could be explained as he left on some sort of mysterious quest without interrupting the narrative too much. I didn’t mind Boz as a character, but losing one of the two original main characters completely changed the vibe of the show.

Oh boy, time to vote for unpopular, irrelevant, unattractive old people to try and keep them from losing CyL.

I do wonder who'll lose this time. Last year rock bottom was... Some NPC, but of the playable characters, it was a tie between a FE4 sub and Leiden, a character I have many fond memories of. Perhaps I should throw him a vote, see if I can't save him from this ignominious fate twice over. And the year before the playable loser was Yoder, which is just kind of insane to be honest, but this sparked the Yoder fanbase and his votes multiplied by a factor of 7.5, so I'm not feeling as inclined to throw him a bone.

Naturally, I already gave Frost his obligatory vote. I cannot allow CyL 3 to happen again, as funny as it'd be to be able to say that one of my long-time favorite FE characters lost CyL multiple times.

Gave Elena her 2nd vote from me this year! I hope I don't miss any days. I wonder where she'll place this year...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy, time to vote for unpopular, irrelevant, unattractive old people to try and keep them from losing CyL.

I do wonder who'll lose this time. Last year rock bottom was... Some NPC, but of the playable characters, it was a tie between a FE4 sub and Leiden, a character I have many fond memories of. Perhaps I should throw him a vote, see if I can't save him from this ignominious fate twice over. And the year before the playable loser was Yoder, which is just kind of insane to be honest, but this sparked the Yoder fanbase and his votes multiplied by a factor of 7.5, so I'm not feeling as inclined to throw him a bone.

Naturally, I already gave Frost his obligatory vote. I cannot allow CyL 3 to happen again, as funny as it'd be to be able to say that one of my long-time favorite FE characters lost CyL multiple times.

Some NPC!? Some NPC!? That's Alder! Jarod's best buddy. The Levail of Part 1. He has, like, four scenes! Undeserving of the least popular Fire Emblem character. Which he probably is, as he's come last two separate times in the three years he's been available. But he doesn't deserve to be!...I mean...I probably still won't vote for him, but I'd like to shake the hand of the singular person that did vote for him last year.

And for what it's worth, last year the replacement character you speak of, Dalvin, came uncontestedly last having only 5 votes. Reiden had 6, the same as Luke and Tristan, another replacement character...if that one vote makes a huge difference to you.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Some NPC!? Some NPC!? That's Alder! Jarod's best buddy. The Levail of Part 1. He has, like, four scenes! Undeserving of the least popular Fire Emblem character. Which he probably is, as he's come last two separate times in the three years he's been available. But he doesn't deserve to be!...I mean...I probably still won't vote for him, but I'd like to shake the hand of the singular person that did vote for him last year.

And for what it's worth, last year the replacement character you speak of, Dalvin, came uncontestedly last having only 5 votes. Reiden had 6, the same as Luke and Tristan, another replacement character...if that one vote makes a huge difference to you.

I... was actually talking about Hermina, who tied with Leiden. I forgot Dalvin is a sub as well. It's funny because my only FE4 run was almost entirely a FE4 sub run, but the fanslations for FE4 gen 2 specifically are so wildly different from the official translations that I still can't tell who they are.

Anyway, I'm tempted to agree, Alder doesn't deserve to be dead last, let alone multiple times. He's got an interesting little dynamic with Jarod, which isn't something other NPCs can say. It's also more than a certain winner of CyL 7 can say, but I digress

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... was actually talking about Hermina, who tied with Leiden. I forgot Dalvin is a sub as well. It's funny because my only FE4 run was almost entirely a FE4 sub run, but the fanslations for FE4 gen 2 specifically are so wildly different from the official translations that I still can't tell who they are.

Anyway, I'm tempted to agree, Alder doesn't deserve to be dead last, let alone multiple times. He's got an interesting little dynamic with Jarod, which isn't something other NPCs can say. It's also more than a certain winner of CyL 7 can say, but I digress

I've just checked and he's literally the only character to ever get just 1 vote. I wonder if this will be the year we get a character with 0 votes. It hasn't happened yet, and I'm so gobsmacked by that I genuinely wonder if the website manipulates it's random Heroes algorithm to stop it happening.

Second vote to Ranulf, probably around the 5th day I’ll give some people my votes, still in the comfortable position where most of the characters who I like and could win already did.

8 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

When voting today, I checked to see if Anthony (from Revelation) was added. Despite that dancer that you mentioned being on the CYL ballot, Anthony still isn’t. I’d argue Anthony is at least as important as Mustafa and maybe Arete (who have been in Heroes for quite some time.)

Both Karels are listed as two separate characters, which is legitimate to me. He fits both requirements 2 and 3 (significant period of time passing and different appearances and personalities.) It’s kind of a moot point since from looking at previous years’ results, both get relatively few votes.

You’re not alone in that. It sounds like the Japanese version of cancel culture and apparently it’s not uncommon.

To be fair, this sometimes happens in Western TV shows, especially live action shows. The first example that comes to mind for me where it was due to an actor’s misbehavior was Pair of Kings. The actor who played one of the two main characters, Brady (I don’t feel like looking up his name at the moment,) had issues with DUI or something substance-related. Disney replaced him with another actor who looked completely different who was introduced as a new main character named Boz. Luckily this happened at the beginning of a season, so Brady’s departure could be explained as he left on some sort of mysterious quest without interrupting the narrative too much. I didn’t mind Boz as a character, but losing one of the two original main characters completely changed the vibe of the show.

Oh I think its fair too that Karel counts as two, I was just wondering if he did.

Lol, someone mentioning Pair of Kings here, I loved that series. I never knew why they replaced Brady but I suspected that it had to be something like this (or because of that Prank Show he was a host in). It looked bad in the show anyway because the original premise was that Brady and Boomer were twins and then they shoved Boz as a random long lost twin that has never been mentioned. Ironically, the actor that played Boz was also fired from Disney (because he snd his girlfriend beat up an old lady or something like this) though Im not sure if that's why Pair of Kings was cancelled (I mean, they weren't going to create a fourth twin) or if it was a bit after the show ended. Charmed had a similar situation, it's about triplets witches (or maybe they were just a trio of sisters I don't remember, but they had to be 3 to use the "Power of Three", that was some power you could get by uniting the power of 3 sisters), but one of the girls misbehaved and treated the other actors poorply behind the cameras so they killed her character off and came up with a long lost sister too (curiously the new sister stayed for longer than the girl that was killed).

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy, time to vote for unpopular, irrelevant, unattractive old people to try and keep them from losing CyL.

Naturally, I already gave Frost his obligatory vote. I cannot allow CyL 3 to happen again, as funny as it'd be to be able to say that one of my long-time favorite FE characters lost CyL multiple times.

I think I never thought about who loses CYL, but it's pretty cool to try to vote for who you don't want to lose rather than who you want to win.

I was just gonna say that I don't know how any character, let alone playable character, placed after Natalie (she's literally a no one that show up in one chapter and I think she can barely walk too) unless we're talking REAL NPCs... But I just looked up and she has always more than 100 votes(wtf?) since she was added on CYL 5. On CYL 6 She had more than 200!

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've just checked and he's literally the only character to ever get just 1 vote. I wonder if this will be the year we get a character with 0 votes. It hasn't happened yet, and I'm so gobsmacked by that I genuinely wonder if the website manipulates it's random Heroes algorithm to stop it happening.

Oh, I always assumed that several characters ended up with zero votes, surprised to see that not. It's nice to see that every character in the series has a fan. Well, or it's as you say and maybe they manipulate the site to stop it from happening, idk, but does make sense.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I think I never thought about who loses CYL, but it's pretty cool to try to vote for who you don't want to lose rather than who you want to win.

I wouldn't touch Heroes with a ten-foot pole so I'm not quite as invested in the winner spots lol

These are the kind of lows you stoop to when you're so much of a filthy contrarian that you've had long-time favorites lose CyL. Like seriously, my poor man Frost...

If you're curious, this is the list of grand winners of the bottom-of-the-barrel award thus far, with short descriptions in case anyone's not aware of these fine, fine gentlemen (and gentlewoman):

CyL 1: Glade (Actually semi-noteworthy Thracia character, but this was before Thracia had a tolerable translation and he's not a flashy man, so he stands out less)

CyL 2: Tie between Bloom (Actually semi-noteworthy Genealogy villain but he's beyond generic so, understandable) and Garth (FE2 bossman).
Playable: Hicks? HICKS?! This is the first I'm hearing of this! Hicks?! He's one of my Thracia favorites! I can't frigging believe Hicks-- Okay, back on track, back on track.

CyL 3: Frost (Archanea's best grandpa) Still shed manly tears over it.

CyL 4: Tie between Dalvin (FE4 substitute), Hayden (King of Frelia from FE8) and Halcyon (NPC Nomah recolor from FE2)

CyL 5: Tie between Alder (Radiant Dawn NPC, Jarod's best pal) and Dolth (recolored bossman from Gaiden)
Playable: Yoder (Pope of Elibe, how did this happen)

CyL 6: Jorge (Tellius shopkeep)
Playable: Tie between Hermina (FE4 sub) and Leiden (cool jacket man from BSFE #2)

CyL 7: Alder again with a single vote.
Playable: Dalvin again.

I still say they should at some point start doing loser banners. For April Fools if nothing else. It'd be a funny idea, says me - but then, I'm the guy who has enough characters I like here to fill a banner, so.

...I just hope it's not Alder and Dalvin again or I'm going to have to start throwing another distinction on top of playable: "Not Alder or Dalvin"

I was just gonna say that I don't know how any character, let alone playable character, placed after Natalie (she's literally a no one that show up in one chapter and I think she can barely walk too) unless we're talking REAL NPCs... But I just looked up and she has always more than 100 votes(wtf?) since she was added on CYL 5. On CYL 6 She had more than 200!

I'd say that's about right. FE7 was THE beginner's FE for a long time. Natalie is one of the first characters you meet in it, and she's part of the set-up for its first recruitable enemy. Not to mention, she may only appear in one chapter, but she's a very notable part of that chapter.

The whole scenario is pretty cute, in fact. Quiet, hardened fighter works for super unsavory types to make money for his disabled wife, only for her to set out to find him and stop him despite the difficulty her disability presented. It's a cute little heartwarming dynamic and it's well developed for a one-chapter thing.

So yeah, I'm not surprised there's a few folks out there with fond memories of Lyn Mode who decided to throw some votes her way. She does leave a small impression. Once I stopped thinking of Natasha I certainly remembered her quickly.

Also, fun fact: Her portrait is very similar (though not quite a recolor or a simple edit) of Mary, Ward's sister from FE6. Natalie and Dorcas are Ward's parents? And yet Mary isn't votable. Not that this would be the only inconsistency in CyL - someone else here in Serenes pointed out to me that Awakening's Pheros is not votable, but her TMS incarnation is. Why?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Anthony also has the potential to be a beast units which is a lot in his favour. The only issue is that Fates doesn't have a lot of banners left and Anthony would only really get in as a GHB unit.

11 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

All the Elibe characters count separately, even the never aging Murdock. That being said, so far, they've never out two different base versions on an Elibe character yet.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

CyL 2: Tie between Bloom (Actually semi-noteworthy Genealogy villain but he's beyond generic so, understandable) and Garth (FE2 bossman).

Bloom! Semi-noteworthy! SEMI-NOTEWORTHY! This is the man who should have been the main villain of Thracia. He's the antagonist of two whole chapters. That's like 17% of the game. His father was the one who organized the conflict of the first generation and his daughter is the resident Camus. Chagall is a semi noteworthy villain, Bloom's the goddamn GOAT of mid game antagonists! And yes, he was my first vote this year.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Bloom! Semi-noteworthy! SEMI-NOTEWORTHY! This is the man who should have been the main villain of Thracia. He's the antagonist of two whole chapters. That's like 17% of the game. His father was the one who organized the conflict of the first generation and his daughter is the resident Camus. Chagall is a semi noteworthy villain, Bloom's the goddamn GOAT of mid game antagonists! And yes, he was my first vote this year.

This is fair and I will concede the point, but the second part stands. Dude is as unmemorable as they come. Not only that, he comes prepackaged with a wife and a daughter that both overshadow him lol. Heck I'd argue his father does, too. He's the final boss of gen 1 and one of its most major players. Bloom is major but he just... doesn't do much that's all that memorable?

Also I'll argue against him as Thracia's main villain because Raydrick's beard is great and I prefer it to Bloom's butt chin

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

This is the man who should have been the main villain of Thracia.

I mean, we can't even get the actual main antagonist of Thracia (Raydrik) so that doesn't particular bode well for Bloom.

Oh, and the fact that IS adamantly refuses to make a non-seasonal Tome Armor. There's only eleven of them, and all of them except Winter Bruno (who is a Grail unit) appear on Special Hero banners.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is fair and I will concede the point, but the second part stands. Dude is as unmemorable as they come. Not only that, he comes prepackaged with a wife and a daughter that both overshadow him lol. Heck I'd argue his father does, too. He's the final boss of gen 1 and one of its most major players. Bloom is major but he just... doesn't do much that's all that memorable?

Also I'll argue against him as Thracia's main villain because Raydrick's beard is great and I prefer it to Bloom's butt chin

I'm sorry but I cannot accept such blasphemy. We are no longer friends. Go read my half finished Bloom fanfic Lord of Friege, which is actually fully written, I just never posted the second half die to lack of interest (which absolutely proves your point but he deserves better damnit).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I mean, we can't even get the actual main antagonist of Thracia (Raydrik) so that doesn't particular bode well for Bloom.

Oh, and the fact that IS adamantly refuses to make a non-seasonal Tome Armor. There's only eleven of them, and all of them except Winter Bruno (who is a Grail unit) appear on Special Hero banners.

Which is precisely why my first two votes were for Bloom and Emperor Alvis. And my next will be for Repter. Justice to the old magic men who are smart enough to wear armour!