Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

It’s funny that you mentioned Kotaro, because one of the first things I did was check and see if he had been added. Now I’m curious what other relatively important minor villains haven’t been added to the CYL roster.

Well I think Kotaro is the most noteworthy character not on CYL. After him, or maybe on par or a head of him depending how you squint, would be the Valentia Cipher units. Others would be some characters already in the game like Elimine or Ullhr. Jiol should probably be on there too, but only today did I insult him and say he's not important...still he's more important than that one dancer in Fates who only showed up for two lines.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah I still haven't voted today yet, I'm not sure if I'll vote for the characters I like but know for sure won't win (like Raigh, Bruno/Zacharias, Oifrey, Mae, Boey, etc, maybe some FE5 and FE4 character(s) to give them more visibility...), and then switch to someone in the top 20 after the midterms (if I like any of the options)

Or if I'll go since the beggining for someone that (I also like but) actually has a chance winning like Sharena (or maaaybe Sigurd). Probably will do the first option, I don't wanna throw all my votes in Sharena thinking she can win (or get close to it) and then become disapointed in the mitderms because it's an Engage fest, there seem to be some big hype for Engage here...

Edited by ARMADS!!!

They would have to give Sommie a gender if they included it, so maybe that's why Sommie was left out.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Any new characters other than the Engage cast added? Going to look now but if the research has done maybe someone can inform me.

Heroes got the following:

• Eitr
  • Ginnungagap
  • Hraesvelgr
  • Kvasir
  • Nerbuz
  • Nidhoggr
  • Njordr
  • Ratatoskr

Yes, they actually did care enough to include Njordr. Whether people care enough to vote for him remains to seen, of course.

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't that the same with Arval though? And I'm pretty sure they're on the list. 

Arval happens to be much more important in Three Hopes than Sommie is in Engage. So, they apparently were a priority to include while Sommie was not.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They would have to give Sommie a gender if they included it, so maybe that's why Sommie was left out.

Limstella and Arval both exist in Heroes. Lack of a gender isn't going to stop them.

I'm morally and legally obligated to give Hraesvelgr one vote. After that, I'll vote for... I dunno actually. I don't have anyone to seriously rally behind that has a chance at winning. Or maybe I'll just vote for Bramimond again lol

I gave my first vote to Fiona. Will probably vote for Misha tomorrow and continue giving votes to characters not yet in the game.

I guess it's lucky that the characters more likely to win from Engage are already among my faves (Yunaka, Alcryst, Ivy).

It will be next CYL that will be a problem since I will seriously need to think about the DLC characters from Engage (+ Merrin) who will obviously not be in the game yet.

I've faithfully allocated all my votes to Tharja year after year, not going to change it now. The incoming Engage sweep will ensure my annual disappointment remains unchanged as well. 💔

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I actually think that's doubtful.

I was referring to Gatekeeper being added a year after the other 3H cast and sweeping in the process, but in all seriousness I don't think a mascot character will make it onto CYL. It's not like Feh's been added to the Heroes' part of the poll, after all.

One thing I find interesting is they are allowing votes for Kvasir and Seior but not Masked Marth or flame emperor who are in similar boats. Seior has a more legitimate argument to be voteable as she is more of her own chacter but Kvasir tells us pretty close to meeting her that she is to become Gullveig.

I like Seior and Kvasir but not sure if they should be voteable after Gullveig's win and book 7 making it clear they are the same person at diffrent points in time when Masked Marth and Flame emperor are not voteable.

6 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

One thing I find interesting is they are allowing votes for Kvasir and Seior but not Masked Marth or flame emperor who are in similar boats. Seior has a more legitimate argument to be voteable as she is more of her own chacter but Kvasir tells us pretty close to meeting her that she is to become Gullveig.

I like Seior and Kvasir but not sure if they should be voteable after Gullveig's win and book 7 making it clear they are the same person at diffrent points in time when Masked Marth and Flame emperor are not voteable.

Seidr and Kvasir are distinct enough from Gullveig to still be legible while the others are just the same person in a mask. IS' rules have always made that distinction (hence Y! and A!Tiki being separate options).

2 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I dislike Seidr and Kvasir but I think it's fair for them to be votable (as much as I wouldn't care if they were not), saw this thread on Reddit today with people making arguments both in favor and against it, I think they're following their own rules after all: All of her versions are several years apart from each other (like young and adult Tiki) even though WE see them all on the same short spam of time, have vastly different designs, different names, different personalities and are all relevant to the story anyway (unlike, say, FE6 Eliwood or gen 1 Oifrey, who have their votes counted with FE7 Eliwood and gen 2 Oifrey, respectively). I guess Freyja and Eitri are on the same situation too.

I wonder if they count FE6 and 7 Karel's votes count togheter or not, they don't mention anything about it so I suspect that they don't. Also, I wonder if Camus' and Sirius' (and Zeke's) votes count for just one character too, since they took out Masked Marth and the Flame Emperor once Lucina and Edelgard won BUT they don't mention Sirius as an exception on the "characters's votes will NOT me tallied togheter if the following cases apply: 1) When the same character goes by different names" part of the the text.

EDIT: just saw someone mentioning on the Reddit thread I linked that BK and Zelgius votes are not tallied togheter so I think that might be case for Camus and Sirius, but still not sure.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Rather than aim for the top I just plan to boost some overlooked characters that should have been in the game years ago. Tormod, Vaida, Nergal Lekain and guys like that. Maybe Mae and Boey in the hopes it forces IS to give them decent art. 

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

As with every year, my votes are going to Elena! (Ike and Mist's mom.) I made a thread an appreciation thread for her a while back, too. She's a very important character in her games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) but only appears in background stuff, like FE9's opening cutscene, or just being talked about by other characters. I'd love to reunite her with her family and get to know her better through FEH! It would be so fun, especially if her Brave outfit was based on Ike's ranger outfit!

That's exactly who I decided on for my first vote! I'd love to see how she would be implemented in FEH, if at all. Hopefully this'll give her some small chance. If characters like Altina and Elimine are in, Elena certainly has a shot I think.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Heroes got the following:

• Eitr
  • Ginnungagap
  • Hraesvelgr
  • Kvasir
  • Nerbuz
  • Nidhoggr
  • Njordr
  • Ratatoskr

Yes, they actually did care enough to include Njordr. Whether people care enough to vote for him remains to seen, of course.

I don't know why but half the time I expected the likes of Hraesvelgr and Nidhoggr to be added, and half the time I thought that wouldn't happen until next year.

Anyway, I'd like Njordr to exist as a unit, but not for this theme/not enough to vote for him. I'll just keep hoping that he gets a summer alt or something, like what happened to Freyr.

1 hour ago, Aedan7479 said:

I'd like Alfonse to win. Get him off the bench, and force IS to give him a new Japanese voice actor.

It would be fun to see Alfonse win someday. Thinking about it, he's the main lord and this is his home game. But beyond that, I'm curious about what IS would do design-wise and theme-wise. Would this be the way to introduce King Alfonse? If we can summon from other timelines and eras, I don't see why we couldn't get a King of Askr Alfonse this way. Giving him an aged-up voice would make sense there, too, if that's really very much of a factor.

Of course, that said, it makes me curious about Sharena, too. I still want Dead Sharena from Book 3's key art, but I don't think that would fit into the designs for brave heroes. However, I could see a "what if Sharena drank the nectar?" fairy Sharena from Book 4, or (again) an aged-up, more mature Sharena who's less naive (though I don't think IS would actually want to make a version of Sharena who's more of an archetype and less of an actual person with depth.)

Between the two of them, Alfonse would be my personal preference for CYL specifically, but I do wish that IS would do more with Sharena too. There's too much potential left untapped there.

Again, though, all my votes are going to Elena at least until she makes it into Heroes (though Brave is my preference.)

27 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

That's exactly who I decided on for my first vote! I'd love to see how she would be implemented in FEH, if at all. Hopefully this'll give her some small chance. If characters like Altina and Elimine are in, Elena certainly has a shot I think.

I'm glad I'm not alone there! I know you voted for her because you wanted to, but I still want to thank you for giving her a vote! ^_^ And thanks for the encouragement. Getting nothing but her theme in Resort and a staff for base Mist called "Elena's Staff" (especially with new female characters from Engage and FEH being added, to whom I'm guessing most of the votes will go on the fem side) after voting for her for all these years was discouraging me a little. So, I really appreciate the bit of hope you imparted by what you said! ^_^ I really hope she gets added at all, but I'd be especially happy if she actually won CYL!

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It would be fun to see Alfonse win someday. Thinking about it, he's the main lord and this is his home game. But beyond that, I'm curious about what IS would do design-wise and theme-wise.

They'd just stick him in Gustav's clothes and call it a day.

2 hours ago, Aedan7479 said:

I'd like Alfonse to win. Get him off the bench, and force IS to give him a new Japanese voice actor.

I still find it absurd that a whole character can be put on lockdown or in some cases even get written out because the VA did something shady...or even if the VA just did something that's completely his own business like in Alfonse's case. Its especially jarring compared to how Japanese companies treat western va's who occasionally get discarded like trash.

I bet Ray Chase is pretty grumpy about missing out on work because a guy he happens to share roles with got blacklisted because of a private affair. 

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Of course, that said, it makes me curious about Sharena, too. I still want Dead Sharena from Book 3's key art, but I don't think that would fit into the designs for brave heroes. However, I could see a "what if Sharena drank the nectar?" fairy Sharena from Book 4, or (again) an aged-up, more mature Sharena who's less naive (though I don't think IS would actually want to make a version of Sharena who's more of an archetype and less of an actual person with depth.)

I have a feeling Sharena would be perpetually perky and naive even as an old lady. It also be kinda needed because if IS is unwilling to give the poor girl something to do, then being wholesome is all she got left. 

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I still find it absurd that a whole character can be put on lockdown or in some cases even get written out because the VA did something shady...or even if the VA just did something that's completely his own business like in Alfonse's case. Its especially jarring compared to how Japanese companies treat western va's who occasionally get discarded like trash.

I bet Ray Chase is pretty grumpy about missing out on work because a guy he happens to share roles with got blacklisted because of a private affair.

What did he do?

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What did he do?

Back around August 2021, Tatsuhisa Suzuki cheated on his wife, who also happens to be a pretty big celebrity in Japan, and he apparently violated some NDAs (non-disclosure agreements). He also ended up in the hospital and went on a hiatus (that he has since returned from, I believe).

In addition to Alfonse, Suzuki also voices Berkut, Tibarn, Ranulf and was one of Bramimond's voices. The last time any one of those characters got new content was February 2021 (Day of Devotion Alfonse).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Back around August 2021, Tatsuhisa Suzuki cheated on his wife, who also happens to be a pretty big celebrity in Japan, and he apparently violated some NDAs (non-disclosure agreements). He also ended up in the hospital and went on a hiatus (that he has since returned from, I believe).

In addition to Alfonse, Suzuki also voices Berkut, Tibarn, Ranulf and was one of Bramimond's voices. The last time any one of those characters got new content was February 2021 (Day of Devotion Alfonse).

Ah, yeah, celebrity relationships can be a big deal in Japan among the gutter press crowd.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I would sooner guess Ray Chase doesn't even know about the situation. It's not like this was some weekly series where you're expected to regularly be in the booth doing voice work. Alfonse is in the story all the time, but doesn't need new voiced lines that often, and it's entirely possible he wouldn't have had any new alts by this point regardless of what the Japanese VA did.