Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

Tellius unfortunately isn't popular enough to warrant twice as many banners yearly. Not when there's other games that take up spots for the 10 banners per year. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

He's a playable character in Trial maps too don't forget. I expect to see all the Sacred Stones trial map characters eventually.

Hayden is playable on the trial maps too, and he's been placing VERY low on the CYLs, even placing the absolute lowest on CYL4. Also he doesn't have the advantage of being one of the handsome older men, neither a villain, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never became playable (specially his OG version, I kinda can see a Valentines alt maybe). Fado though, yeah, he has a bigger chance than I initially judged. Although, I was just checking that list you made for how many characters from each title are left to add to the game and found that FE8 only has 8, so maybe even Hayden can be added eventually, on the despair for characters. It'd actually be pretty cool if they did an FE8 banner with all of the adult royals, that'd fill a whole banner (or 2, if they were being really stingy with new units like on those banners that run along with the TT+s later on the year).

EDIT: Actually, they wouldn't even have to be stingy to fill 2 banners worth of rulers, they could choose 2 between Fado, Vigarde, Ismaire, Hayden and Mansel + Rearmed or Ascended Innes/L'Arachel/Lyon + 1 other character for the first banner, and then the other 3 rulers left + one of the other two options for Ascended/Rearmed for the second banner.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

51 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Hayden is playable on the trial maps too, and he's been placing VERY low on the CYLs, even placing the absolute lowest on CYL4. Also he doesn't have the advantage of being one of the handsome older men, neither a villain, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never became playable (specially his OG version, I kinda can see a Valentines alt maybe). Fado though, yeah, he has a bigger chance than I initially judged. Although, I was just checking that list you made for how many characters from each title are left to add to the game and found that FE8 only has 8, so maybe even Hayden can be added eventually, on the despair for characters. It'd actually be pretty cool if they did an FE8 banner with all of the adult royals, that'd fill a whole banner (or 2, if they were being really stingy with new units like on those banners that run along with the TT+s later on the year).

EDIT: Actually, they wouldn't even have to be stingy to fill 2 banners worth of rulers, they could choose 2 between Fado, Vigarde, Ismaire, Hayden and Mansel + Rearmed or Ascended Innes/L'Arachel/Lyon + 1 other character for the first banner, and then the other 3 rulers left + one of the other two options for Ascended/Rearmed for the second banner.

Yes, that's basically it. They're going to try and have more than two more Sacred Stones banners, which means they're going to try and slow down the progression. Remember the last Valentian banner had a grand total of one new playable character. So they're not going to just ignore those parent characters that actually are technically playable. In addition to having use up most of its relatively small cast, they've also put most of their major villains in it, we have Lyon, Lyon's dad, Fomortiis all of the gemstone generals except Glen, expect to see him on the next GHB. Morva is the only other option for a banner unit that doesn't dip into the parents, and he'll probably be saved for GHB too. After that they'll have to go for more minor villains, like king of the incels Carlyle on a banner with Ismarie. Basically unless they know the game is finishing in less than two years, they basically have to use the parent characters on a Sacred Stones banner.

Oh, also it Creature Campaign not Trial Maps. Minor mistake on my part.

Edited by Jotari

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, that's basically it. They're going to try and have more than two more Sacred Stones banners, which means they're going to try and slow down the progression. Remember the last Valentian banner had a grand total of one new playable character. So they're not going to just ignore those parent characters that actually are technically playable. In addition to having use up most of its relatively small cast, they've also put most of their major villains in it, we have Lyon, Lyon's dad, Fomortiis all of the gemstone generals except Glen, expect to see him on the next GHB. Morva is the only other option for a banner unit that doesn't dip into the parents, and he'll probably be saved for GHB too. After that they'll have to go for more minor villains, like king of the incels Carlyle on a banner with Ismarie. Basically unless they know the game is finishing in less than two years, they basically have to use the parent characters on a Sacred Stones banner.

Oh, also it Creature Campaign not Trial Maps. Minor mistake on my part.

Yeaaaaaah, that Mycen banner must have been the stingiest banner yet! (I mean, how could it possibly be more? only if they managed to not add anyone new somehow) Even not counting the non playable characters (such as the rulers), I'm sure they'll try to make a lot more than 2 banners with the 8 playable characters left. I figure that they'll probably shove the titles with less characters left on the second half of the year so they'll coincide with the TT+s storylines (and so they can add only 1 or 2 new characters per banner), it's the smartest way. Luckily, FE8 has a lot of options for Asset Heroes (L'Arachel, Lyon, Innes and Myrrh as the obvious ones) and if they need more than 4 banners then they can make Rearmeds that are also the OG version too like how Alcryst was.

About the CYL, one more vote for Sharena, babeeeeeeeey! I'm seriously praying for it to not be an Engage/3 Houses sweep (purely Engage would be even worse). If it is, then it'll be the CYL that'll make me the less interested.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Alright friends, I have not been voting and did not plan to vote at all this year as the game will shutdown and end service before Deirdre ever gets a brave alt. However, i thought i could at least send a vote in the way of some one else's favorite and perhaps that character will have a chance at getting in this year. So if there's one who wants a vote for character, just say the word and i'll be happy to contribute. Hopefully yours makes it in. Other than that, i have literally no interest in any of the possible options for this year as i never played Engage.

27 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Alright friends, I have not been voting and did not plan to vote at all this year as the game will shutdown and end service before Deirdre ever gets a brave alt. However, i thought i could at least send a vote in the way of some one else's favorite and perhaps that character will have a chance at getting in this year. So if there's one who wants a vote for character, just say the word and i'll be happy to contribute. Hopefully yours makes it in. Other than that, i have literally no interest in any of the possible options for this year as i never played Engage.

Vote for Sharena! A woman that is not from 3 Houses/Engage must win this year and Sharena's fans are going all in on her.

53 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Vote for Bloom.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

Vote for Mae from Echoes so that she can finally get an alt.

6 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

The Tellius games should definitively be classified as just one title, isn't Archanea's timeskip just 3 years too?

Both have a gap of 2-3 years, but Akaneia has basically only one character that changes their appearance between its two games (Hardin), whereas Tellius has enough characters where you can tell which of the two games the character's design is from.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:11 PM, indigoasis said:

Interim results are in, ladies and gentlemen.

Nothing here is particularly surprising besides the TMS characters. It's time to let it go. We're not getting anything else, lol.

Oh dang, I seen Bernadetta, Dorothea, and Elincia are somewhere in the top. Edit: I didn't see the List was in alphabet order. I thought it was in Ranking Order.

By the way, I did managed to vote Citrinne, Caeda, Elincia, Berkut, and Bernadetta as of right now. I was about to vote Male Alear and Chloe in the next two days as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

I was planning on splitting my votes among some 3 characters I like, but after seeing the interim results, I decided to focus on Sharena because the men's side has more options that I like, so less chance of disappointing me while the women's side is mostly pretty bad (for me) so I'll focus on Sharena to at least try to avoid an Engage/3 Houses sweep.

Might give my usual vote of respect to Bruno (or this year I might give it to Kempf, he's pretty cool and recently I've been seeing memes of him and ended up growing even more fond of him, sad that only has his OG alt, considering that he is connected to Reinhardt I'd expect people to like him more, but alas people don't care all that much even for Owen it seems...)

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Kempf can get votes from me when Tormod gets a regular version in the game. Until that happens, I've got priorities to maintain.

The year I don't care for who wins, I'm absolutely throwing all of my votes on Raigh, Bruno and Kempf.

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

You're already getting many answers to this, but if you have a spare vote, why not give it to Elena (Ike and Mist's mom; she's listed under Path of Radiance) so that she might be able to get into the game and finally reunite with her family? 🙂

On that note, I've cast her yet another vote today!

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have Nergal a vote since he deserved to enter five books ago. Also it be hilarious if Roy meets up his grandpa. 

.... ......... .... ......fuuUUUuUhhUuCK! I never thought of Nergal as Roy's grandpa! Now that you mention it, it became sorta bizarre.

(He absolutely should have came some 5 books ago though... How come his morphs are here before him?)

10 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

BROM! I've been waiting so, so long, years, literally since the game launched.

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have Nergal a vote since he deserved to enter five books ago. Also it be hilarious if Roy meets up his grandpa. 

Between him and maybe Raydrik, Emperor Arvis, and Sombron, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nergal was straight up the last major antagonist added to the game, almost as like the very final boss of Heroes or something. Him or the Fire Dragon, idfk

7 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Between him and maybe Raydrik, Emperor Arvis, and Sombron, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nergal was straight up the last major antagonist added to the game, almost as like the very final boss of Heroes or something. Him or the Fire Dragon, idfk

Jedah and Rudolf are giving him a run for his money too. Though at least Rudolf got an alt. And overall Nergal's absence seems more sustainable than the others. What I mean by that is that Valentia is almost out of characters, they're going to have to put Rudolf and Jedah on their next two banners. And in Raydrik's case there aren't a tonne of Thracia villains big enough to warrent getting in the game, so he'll be the next GHB provided they don't use playable characters in that slot. Sombron I don't think we'll have to wait that long, he'll probably be the next Engage Mythic. But Nergal, they could probably go three banners without putting him. He's still competing with a lot of units for the GHB slot, Brendan, Vaida, Ephidel, Denning, Lindgren, maybe even Desmond and Hellene too. Maybe he could get in as a Mythic though, but for that slot he's competing with Athos, Durban and Roland too.

39 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Jedah and Rudolf are giving him a run for his money too. Though at least Rudolf got an alt. And overall Nergal's absence seems more sustainable than the others. What I mean by that is that Valentia is almost out of characters, they're going to have to put Rudolf and Jedah on their next two banners. And in Raydrik's case there aren't a tonne of Thracia villains big enough to warrent getting in the game, so he'll be the next GHB provided they don't use playable characters in that slot. Sombron I don't think we'll have to wait that long, he'll probably be the next Engage Mythic. But Nergal, they could probably go three banners without putting him. He's still competing with a lot of units for the GHB slot, Brendan, Vaida, Ephidel, Denning, Lindgren, maybe even Desmond and Hellene too. Maybe he could get in as a Mythic though, but for that slot he's competing with Athos, Durban and Roland too.

Thing about Thracia is that it has a lot of playable characters who appear as enemies. Raydrik was already the only missing villain out of FE5's CYL lineup going into the latest banner, but that didn't stop Perne from jumping in ahead of him - and remaining candidates include Dalsin, Shiva, Troude, Ilios, Misha, Xavier, Amalda, and Conomor.

Meanwhile, the missing bosses among FE4's CYL lineup are Andrey, Emperor Arvis, Bloom, Brian, Chagall, Cimbaeth, Danann, Ishtore, Kutuzov, Lombard, Manfroy, Munnir, Reptor, Sandima, and Scipio. That's 15 - and Aida, Chulainn, and Hannibal could also have strong claims to GHB spots. Arvis and Manfroy are probably near the top of the options for Gen 2 banners, but those only show up once every two cycles, and they've made plenty of surprising calls already.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thing about Thracia is that it has a lot of playable characters who appear as enemies. Raydrik was already the only missing villain out of FE5's CYL lineup going into the latest banner, but that didn't stop Perne from jumping in ahead of him - and remaining candidates include Dalsin, Shiva, Troude, Ilios, Misha, Xavier, Amalda, and Conomor.

True, they can go the playable character GHB for quite a while longer for Thracia. Though after that last banner I don't expect we'll ever see Troude in the game. Shiva honestly would have been a good GHB unit for a banner with Safy and Lifis on it, but they went and put two staffies on the most recent banner. Of your listed characters there I'd say Misha and Amalda are the most saleable and the most likely to get into the game, but by the same token, a lot of them can be on as banner units too. Negarl has more stiff competition against his own underlings with Vaida being the only really obvious playable GHB candidate. I'd say Raydrik is neck and neck with Negarl for getting into the game first (or last). But that's more down to the bias against Thracia giving it less frequent banners...while Nergal seems to just be dealing with inexplicable bias against Nergal specifically, otherwise being from a pretty popular game.

Another thing that would be a bit funny is that Raydrik could get in as a fallen unit, given he's one of the Deadlords. They've already given us the likes of Maria and Morphs, so I reckon they'll get to the Thracia Deadlords eventually. Ideally though I'd prefer Raydrik actually be in the game before we get Mus. My body is ready for Bovis aka Deadlord Galzus this year though. Galzus deserves a version of him that's actually a great unit.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Meanwhile, the missing bosses among FE4's CYL lineup are Andrey, Emperor Arvis, Bloom, Brian, Chagall, Cimbaeth, Danann, Ishtore, Kutuzov, Lombard, Manfroy, Munnir, Reptor, Sandima, and Scipio. That's 15 - and Aida, Chulainn, and Hannibal could also have strong claims to GHB spots. Arvis and Manfroy are probably near the top of the options for Gen 2 banners, but those only show up once every two cycles, and they've made plenty of surprising calls already.

I actually really hope Emperor Arvis doesn't show up as a GHB unit, as I want him to be a really good unit. He should be the first Legendary to get in as soon as they open that category up to the villains. That being said, I don't like the chances of a lot of your listed units. Manfroy is the only one that feels prime GHB material (even Arvis, being an inevitable Armoured Mage seems strange to give us as a free unit). So I expect they'll dip into the playable Aida, Chulainn and Hannibal. Beowulf is potential there too. Chagall is decently likely too. And maybe Andrey for pretty boy+plot importance. But, unfortunately, as much as I personally like them, I don't see Bloom, Brian, Ishtore, Lombard or Reptor getting in any time soon. Reptor at the very least absolutely deserves to be in the game in some form, being the actual final boss of Gen 1, I just feel the bias against his class and age group makes it an uphill battle for him. And the others are literally who? Okay, I personally actually do know who they are as I spent an inordinate amount of my free time categorizing Fire Emblem characters, but I don't expect most people to know who Munnir or Kutuzov are. Then again we got freaking Dithorba, so who knows that madness they'll throw at us. R

I wonder if they wouldn't mind giving Emperor Arvis an OG alt, since they never gave a second OG alt to units that appear in two completely different ages (I've been begging on my knees for FE6 Karel for ages) with the exception of Tiki I guess, and on top of this there's the massive amount of characters from FE4 yet to be added (as has been mentioned) so I think that for now he has a higher chance of either being a mythic or just never showing up. I'd be glowing of happiness if they ever broke the pattern and started to release 2 OG versions of characters that appear in completely different ages though.

Ishtore at least has a bit more chance of getting in because "Look! Ishtar has a brother! Now go crazy over him, if you freak out enough we might give him alts with Mjolnir later despiste it being a blatant contradition of the original material!" (or just "Ishtar has a brother, look how cool he is, he has Blárrabit").

46 minutes ago, Jotari said:

fhEl9fO.jpg

Who do I need to complete my list of old men who should have been in the game five years ago?

Maybe Athos? Well, maybe if you're thinking of less popular old men (as Athos ranked in the top 5 of Blazing Blade now on the midterms) then Yodel sounds like another option (he even places lowest of all playable characters once), Sandima or Bantu too (yeah, Bantu is on the game but is treated like trash and might never get an alt, if you care about it), Wallace too (and he's cool as fuck, the baddest badass in FE7).

Today I said fuck it and gave a vote to Raigh, as much as I like Sharena, it feels sorta wrong to throw all of my votes on the same person. Duo to time differences, I'm not 100% sure if I still have another vote, as I already voted today (I think so, but not sure), if I do then I'll give it either to Raigh again or to Nils.  Figures Jhan is another option but Im not even sure if he's votable.

The other two I considered voting for were Bruno (I tend to give him a vote of respect every year) And Oifrey, but Bruno always places relatively well (I mean, like top 50-100) and Oifrey will get on the game eventually, Raigh might never get an alt and I want him to.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

fhEl9fO.jpg

Who do I need to complete my list of old men who should have been in the game five years ago?

Lombard!