Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What's the longest a seasonal has gone without a base version.

Noire has been added as a Summer Version a few months after the first year anniversary and still has no base version.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Noire has a summer alt from 2018 and still no base.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Noire has been added as a Summer Version a few months after the first year anniversary and still has no base version.

Six years huh. That's one hell of a record. At least, for her sake, she's almost certainly going to be on the next Awakneing banner. The cast there is so low I don't think they can spin out for two more banners. Only 4 CYL characters not in the game. And among the non CYL characters the only ones with even half a chance are Pheros and Old Hubba.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Six years huh. That's one hell of a record. At least, for her sake, she's almost certainly going to be on the next Awakneing banner. The cast there is so low I don't think they can spin out for two more banners. Only 4 CYL characters not in the game. And among the non CYL characters the only ones with even half a chance are Pheros and Old Hubba.

Just watch as Raimi, Garrick and the village Maiden who can be Lucina's mom sneak in out of nowhere like ninjas.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Just watch as Raimi, Garrick and the village Maiden who can be Lucina's mom sneak in out of nowhere like ninjas.

Aye Raimi might actually stand a chance. She means nothing to me as a character, but being female and in the early game could help her. I imagine if Heroes had come out before Awakening she could have been the first GHB unit.

Village Maiden I would genuinely love as an addition and have wanted to see her on the Wedding banner ever since someone first suggested it.

Let us all not forget the first queen of alt only hell: Charlotte. She was there from 05/30/2017 until 07/19/2021.

Of course, Noire has indeed since surpassed Charlotte. The exact date of Noire’s entrance to alt only hell was 06/21/2018. So while it hasn’t reached six years quite yet, Noire has been stuck there for five years and six (soon to be seven) months.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Let us all not forget the first queen of alt only hell: Charlotte. She was there from 05/30/2017 until 07/19/2021.

Of course, Noire has indeed since surpassed Charlotte. The exact date of Noire’s entrance to alt only hell was 06/21/2018. So while it hasn’t reached six years quite yet, Noire has been stuck there for five years and six (soon to be seven) months.

If they make an Awakening banner that doesn't include Noire, I'll be shocked. Yeah, Awakening is a bit stricter about cross-generation banners than Fates is, but they still had that one banner with Exalt Chrom, the Morgans, and Gerome as the freebie. So if they decide to not just release Noire, Kellam, and Vaike all at once I'll just be confused.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Not quite six years yet, but let's face it, no way we're getting an Awakening banner between now and June. If they're smart the won't have an Awakening banner this year at all...but I've been saying that for quite awhile now and they just keep giving us Awakening at a higher rate than Thracia.

6 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Khadein Soren was added mid voting last year (or right before the voting started) and still won, so maybe Tormod's votes won't be too affected.

Oh, ok! Thanks for the correction. Does feel less outrageous (or rather, doesn't feel at all then) if that's the case.

To clarify, the complaints regarding Brave Tiki were the fact that her outfit was inspired by Young Tiki, since fans of Adult Tiki saw it as continuing to sideline her in favor of Young Tiki in spite of Adult Tiki being the one who got votes. That might be what you were thinking of.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

What's the longest a seasonal has gone without a base version.

If you don't count Laslow, it took over six years for Inigo to make that leap: late September 2017 to early December 2023. Noire hasn't taken quite that long yet, although at this rate she should get in about a year from now.

After Noire, I think the oldest standing might be Bruno (March 2019) and Wolt (July 2019) - am I forgetting anyone?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

After Noire, I think the oldest standing might be Bruno (March 2019) and Wolt (July 2019) - am I forgetting anyone?

From 2019, besides the two you named there's also Greil (Feb), Dozla and Rolf (Oct).

EDIT: Some might argue Veronica qualifies as second oldest behind Noire I guess, Aug 2018. Depends how you view the Legendary version.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Not quite six years yet, but let's face it, no way we're getting an Awakening banner between now and June. If they're smart the won't have an Awakening banner this year at all...but I've been saying that for quite awhile now and they just keep giving us Awakening at a higher rate than Thracia.

Yeah, Awakening is very likely not getting another New Heroes banner this year.

They did have two New Heroes banners for Awakening back during Book VI, but I can't see them doing that again in Book VIII with how few characters Awakening has left to add.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

To clarify, the complaints regarding Brave Tiki were the fact that her outfit was inspired by Young Tiki, since fans of Adult Tiki saw it as continuing to sideline her in favor of Young Tiki in spite of Adult Tiki being the one who got votes. That might be what you were thinking of.

Oh, ok it was exactly this! Thanks.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

If you don't count Laslow, it took over six years for Inigo to make that leap: late September 2017 to early December 2023. Noire hasn't taken quite that long yet, although at this rate she should get in about a year from now.

From the top of my head, the others that are have been long into the alt hell are: Rickard (08/2022), Fafnir (12/2021 or 1/2022, not sure), Gustav and Henriette (2/2021), and Sephiram (12/2020).

Sorry for double posting but when I try to quote two posts from different pages I always lose everything I had written (when I switch the page):

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Perhaps, although Soren was popular enough to be placing within top 2 last year. And with the demote m!Byleth getting a prf weapon while Soren didn't, I think it motivated his fans to vote for him harder. Soren fans were definitely voting for him to get a Brave alt.

Meanwhile, Tormod in a bit of a different situation where he just wants to score as high as he can amongst Tellius characters not already in the game because at this point his votes are most likely "put him in the damn game already!" votes and ... he's technically in the damn game. I don't think anyone voting for him is doing it to get him a Brave alt this year.

Yeah, I guess you're right, I understand your sorrow. Hopefully there's more people as pissed as you to boost Tormod's votes and he ends up getting his OG as soon as it can be. AND if it's not too soon, remember that the more you wait the more powerful he'll be! I'm relating hard to this because it's exactly how I'd have felt if they had added Athos on this banner instead of Tormod.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

6 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Fafnir (12/2021 or 1/2022, not sure)

I believe only the first New Year’s banner (with Azura, Takumi and Camilla) was released in December. The rest of them have released on New Year’s Day.

Though if there’s any luck, Fafnir could escape alt only hell this year. We should be getting Book V for the next TT storyline, so Fafnir could be the July Mythic Hero like Freyr was last year.

14 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And with the demote m!Byleth getting a prf weapon while Soren didn't

Yeah, I still remember people saying they would vote for him BECAUSE of this too. It worked out!

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I believe only the first New Year’s banner (with Azura, Takumi and Camilla) was released in December. The rest of them have released on New Year’s Day.

Though if there’s any luck, Fafnir could escape alt only hell this year. We should be getting Book V for the next TT storyline, so Fafnir could be the July Mythic Hero like Freyr was last year.

I wonder if he will, I hadn't realized that Mythic Freyr was released because it was time for the book IV TT+. It'd be nice if Fafnir got an Asset Hero alt too but I'm sure the TT+ storyline wil focus in Reggin and Dagr so no hope for that. Although I bet he'll get his fallen version released someday too (say, like how Gustav got his even years after book III) so even if he is stuck in alt hell for some more time he'll probably get at least one more alt eventually.

Sephiram is in the worse situation though, I guess. None of his personas has an OG alt, even being Altina's husband...

Do you guys think they'll release another Midterms on the final days of voting or it'll be just the one we got? It's just that it came sorta soon.

On 1/17/2024 at 4:35 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Please give the Sommie Costume to one of the Alears. lol

Alear could have one of the Emblem transformation as Brave version... that would be neat. Although, I can see them going with this for Alear (spoilers from Engage):

I'm expecting Heroes to stay far away from Emblem stuff going off the way the game wrote them off: Emblems don't really add much either. Brave version is 100% the getup you posted.

Edited by Seazas

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

From 2019, besides the two you named there's also Greil (Feb), Dozla and Rolf (Oct).

EDIT: Some might argue Veronica qualifies as second oldest behind Noire I guess, Aug 2018. Depends how you view the Legendary version.

I don't think we'll end up even getting a base version of Greil. Ike already stole Urvan, the Valentine Greil is already, basically, the default design and there's just too many Tellius characters vying for the spot on a banner. In an absolute sense Tellius is the roster with the most characters not in the game to get through. The only thing Greil has going for him is that we haven't got Ettard or Regal Sword Ike yet.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, ok it was exactly this! Thanks.

From the top of my head, the others that are have been long into the alt hell are: Rickard (08/2022), Fafnir (12/2021 or 1/2022, not sure), Gustav and Henriette (2/2021), and Sephiram (12/2020).

I'm not sure base Gustav is even possible. He's a heroes OC that died in the story, the only way to make a base version would be to either bring him back as a zombie, which is what the fallen version is, or to save him via time travel or something.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't think we'll end up even getting a base version of Greil. Ike already stole Urvan, the Valentine Greil is already, basically, the default design and there's just too many Tellius characters vying for the spot on a banner. In an absolute sense Tellius is the roster with the most characters not in the game to get through. The only thing Greil has going for him is that we haven't got Ettard or Regal Sword Ike yet.

Perhaps not Greil but maybe, just maybe, we get Gawain as a Legendary Hero.

Path of Radiance doesn't have any Legendaries or Mythics. Outside of Gawain, I don't know any other possible Legendaries or Mythics who could fall under Path of Radiance instead of Radiant Dawn besides maybe Elena. If they start giving Legendaries to villains (besides F!Grima and Eitri), then Black Knight could possibly be a PoR Legendary instead of a RD Legendary.

47 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm not sure base Gustav is even possible. He's a heroes OC that died in the story, the only way to make a base version would be to either bring him back as a zombie, which is what the fallen version is, or to save him via time travel or something.

They could always bring one from another dimension too, like Nótt, Gunthrá or every other OC that died before we summoned them. But yeah, they'll probably leave OG Gustav behind (specially since his Fallen art is the same as the OG one, but grey), same with OG Veronica (which I don't mind at all). I can only hope they won't do this with Bruno...

I think Greil will be left out too, we don't have the OG versions of the dads of any Lord as far as I'm concerned except for Garon because he's a villain and Byleth's (Eliwood, Hector, Sigurd, Chrom and M!Corrin too, as it's obvious but I'm not counting them). I think Greil just showed up because of the "reuniting families" theme of Valentines, bet we'll never get Alm's dad an OG version too (speaking of this, his valentines alt was released on Frebruary 2020, almost 4 years ago, and even with SoV running out of characters he's nowhere to be seen). I think they might release parents with a potential to be very popular such as say... Ismaire, maybe Uther (Hector's brother) because he's young or maaaaybe Sitri and Elena because they're pretty (they seem to like pretty moms like Alfonse's, Alear's, Mikoto,...), but now Eirika and Ephraim's dad? Eliwood's parents? Sigurd's dad? I doubt (don't think it's impossible- they did release Jeralt- just doubt it hard, specially on the case of games that still have a lot of characters to add).

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Path of Radiance doesn't have any Legendaries or Mythics. 

What?! I never realized that! Sounds a bit stupid even, that they let this happen.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

PoR is in a weird situation when it comes to legendaries/mythic units. Its direct continuation, RD, takes place only 3 years afterwards. All of the big grandeur and fanfare that occurs at the end of a game (character endings, tales of the wonderful things they did afterwards) are left out of PoR, giving it the impression of a game left with unfinished business. It's hard to justify why characters who are present in both games like Ike and Elincia and Sanaki should get a PoR legendary when their RD version is the one that effectively "finishes" the Tellius arc.

Meanwhile, Blazing Sword and Binding Blade have a 20 year time gap and none of the lords from Blazing Sword are playable in the main story of Binding Blade. Having legendary Eliwood and Hector be from Blazing Sword is fine because in Binding Blade, 20 years later, one of them is too ill to battle anymore and the other one died. Blazing Sword is effectively the end to Eliwood's and Hector's (and Lyn's and Ninian's) stories while RD is a continuation of Ike's and Elincia's and Sanaki's.

I guess Greil could work as a PoR legendary since he's not alive in RD.

Edited by Sunwoo

47 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps not Greil but maybe, just maybe, we get Gawain as a Legendary Hero.

Path of Radiance doesn't have any Legendaries or Mythics. Outside of Gawain, I don't know any other possible Legendaries or Mythics who could fall under Path of Radiance instead of Radiant Dawn besides maybe Elena. If they start giving Legendaries to villains (besides F!Grima and Eitri), then Black Knight could possibly be a PoR Legendary instead of a RD Legendary.

Yeah, I'd be totally down for a Gawain Legendary or Mythic. If they do open up villains to legendaries (and I absolutely think they should) then Legendary Ashnard seems like a no brainer. He's also in the weird alt hell place of only having a Fallen Version, and that they gave his fallen version Gurgurant (or however it's spelled) instead of adjective+Gurgurant, it seems like they don't actually intend to give a regular base version.

Another option for a Path of Radiance specific mythic would be Rajaion. The Black Dragon heir apparent is a pretty big deal. And once they've made him a mythic they can then power creep him with a fallen version a year later.

Of course, the real solution is to just stop classifying the two Tellius games as having separate casts and just make them the same cast like Archanea. Or if they are to be two casts, then give us twice as many Tellius banners!

23 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

They could always bring one from another dimension too, like Nótt, Gunthrá or every other OC that died before we summoned them. But yeah, they'll probably leave OG Gustav behind (specially since his Fallen art is the same as the OG one, but grey), same with OG Veronica (which I don't mind at all). I can only hope they won't do this with Bruno...

I think Greil will be left out too, we don't have the OG versions of the dads of any Lord as far as I'm concerned except for Garon because he's a villain and Byleth's (Eliwood, Hector, Sigurd, Chrom and M!Corrin too, as it's obvious but I'm not counting them). I think Greil just showed up because of the "reuniting families" theme of Valentines, bet we'll never get Alm's dad an OG version too (speaking of this, his valentines alt was released on Frebruary 2020, almost 4 years ago, and even with SoV running out of characters he's nowhere to be seen). I think they might release parents with a potential to be very popular such as say... Ismaire, maybe Uther (Hector's brother) because he's young or maaaaybe Sitri and Elena because they're pretty (they seem to like pretty moms like Alfonse's, Alear's, Mikoto,...), but now Eirika and Ephraim's dad? Eliwood's parents? Sigurd's dad? I doubt (don't think it's impossible- they did release Jeralt- just doubt it hard, specially on the case of games that still have a lot of characters to add).

What?! I never realized that! Sounds a bit stupid even, that they let this happen.

I think we could end up seeing Fado, Erikia and Ephraim's dad. By virtue of there being so few Sacred Stones characters left. They'll also have to give us Rudolf eventually.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

PoR is in a weird situation when it comes to legendaries/mythic units. Its direct continuation, RD, takes place only 3 years afterwards. All of the big grandeur and fanfare that occurs at the end of a game (character endings, tales of the wonderful things they did afterwards) are left out of PoR, giving it the impression of a game left with unfinished business. It's hard to justify why characters who are present in both games like Ike and Elincia and Sanaki should get a PoR legendary when their RD version is the one that effectively "finishes" the Tellius arc.

Meanwhile, Blazing Sword and Binding Blade have a 20 year time gap and none of the lords from Blazing Sword are playable in the main story of Binding Blade. Having legendary Eliwood and Hector be from Blazing Sword is fine because in Binding Blade, 20 years later, one of them is too ill to battle anymore and the other one died. Blazing Sword is effectively the end to Eliwood's and Hector's (and Lyn's and Ninian's) stories while RD is a continuation of Ike's and Elincia's and Sanaki's.

I guess Greil could work as a PoR legendary since he's not alive in RD.

The first legendary Ike probably should have been Lord Ike from Path of Radiance with them releasing a better Vanguard Ike later down the road. He won the first Choose Your Legends, he deserves the alts more than most characters, and I'd gladly swap his non canon Fallen Alt for Lord Ike (that fallen spot should have went to Greil). I don't particularly love Lord Ike as a design, but I do dislike the disrespect it gets. Has it ever appeared in any game outside Path of Radiance? It's not in Smash Bros. Not in Awakening or Engage. I'm pretty sure it's not in any of those Amiino cameos. Lord Ike just doesn't exist as far as spinoff are concerned (except probably Cipher, they seem to have a card for everything). Well, we might see Lord Ike turn up as a rearmed or arcane hero or ascended or whatever the special banner spot to make alts more palatable is called nowadays. At the very least he'd bring a good forging bonds Convo about life in the nobility and why he left, probably bouncing off some characters like Fodlan Lawrence.

Edited by Jotari

Way I see it, Zombie Gustav is the "regular Gustav" - it's the form he takes in battle in his source game. The fact that he appeared in the story beforehand doesn't change that. We did already get an alternate alive version of him, and he could get a legendary alt as well using his established talk sprite, but on a practical level, he has the same kind of playable presence as other Heroes bosses, particularly ones that appeared as New Heroes like Helbindi and Letizia.

41 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I'd be totally down for a Gawain Legendary or Mythic. If they do open up villains to legendaries (and I absolutely think they should) then Legendary Ashnard seems like a no brainer. He's also in the weird alt hell place of only having a Fallen Version, and that they gave his fallen version Gurgurant (or however it's spelled) instead of adjective+Gurgurant, it seems like they don't actually intend to give a regular base version.

Another option for a Path of Radiance specific mythic would be Rajaion. The Black Dragon heir apparent is a pretty big deal. And once they've made him a mythic they can then power creep him with a fallen version a year later.

Of course, the real solution is to just stop classifying the two Tellius games as having separate casts and just make them the same cast like Archanea. Or if they are to be two casts, then give us twice as many Tellius banners!

I think we could end up seeing Fado, Erikia and Ephraim's dad. By virtue of there being so few Sacred Stones characters left. They'll also have to give us Rudolf eventually.

The first legendary Ike probably should have been Lord Ike from Path of Radiance with them releasing a better Vanguard Ike later down the road. He won the first Choose Your Legends, he deserves the alts more than most characters, and I'd gladly swap his non canon Fallen Alt for Lord Ike (that fallen spot should have went to Greil). I don't particularly love Lord Ike as a design, but I do dislike the disrespect it gets. Has it ever appeared in any game outside Path of Radiance? It's not in Smash Bros. Not in Awakening or Engage. I'm pretty sure it's not in any of those Amiino cameos. Lord Ike just doesn't exist as far as spinoff are concerned (except probably Cipher, they seem to have a card for everything). Well, we might see Lord Ike turn up as a rearmed or arcane hero or ascended or whatever the special banner spot to make alts more palatable is called nowadays. At the very least he'd bring a good forging bonds Convo about life in the nobility and why he left, probably bouncing off some characters like Fodlan Lawrence.

The Tellius games should definitively be classified as just one title, isn't Archanea's timeskip just 3 years too?

I think it's possible but I still wouldn't wait on Fado unless they become desperate for Sacred Stones characters or something, we got Lyon's dad because he's a villain, Fado dies on the first scene of the game, he's less important than Elbert (and Byron/Vylon, but at this point no one's even waiting for him I guess, with so many Jugdral characters left to add), and I doubt they'll ever add Elbert. Though Fado does have the advantage of being able to be classified as a Bara I guess (and that seems to be the only type of older man they like in FEH, or ugly and evil old men, no in between... Watch Astolfo never be added into the game), so maybe they'd put him sooner than almost any other dad, they've been going so hard on the Bara dad thing that literally every single OC dad is like this (Surtr, Gustav, Askr, Njordr,... Watch Ratatoskr's dad be the same too), that's why- while not a dad's lord- I figure that Douglas will become pretty liked by the fandom when he gets added to the game, Dagdar and Garcia would too. 

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

Way I see it, Zombie Gustav is the "regular Gustav" - it's the form he takes in battle in his source game. The fact that he appeared in the story beforehand doesn't change that. We did already get an alternate alive version of him, and he could get a legendary alt as well using his established talk sprite, but on a practical level, he has the same kind of playable presence as other Heroes bosses, particularly ones that appeared as New Heroes like Helbindi and Letizia.

Yeah, as much as I like Gustav I feel like adding his OG self would sort of a waste of a slot, less so if they did new art, but still looks irrelevant to do it.

14 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

The Tellius games should definitively be classified as just one title, isn't Archanea's timeskip just 3 years too?

I think it's possible but I still wouldn't wait on Fado unless they become desperate for Sacred Stones characters or something, we got Lyon's dad because he's a villain, Fado dies on the first scene of the game, he's less important than Elbert (and Byron/Vylon, but at this point no one's even waiting for him I guess, with so many Jugdral characters left to add), and I doubt they'll ever add Elbert. Though Fado does have the advantage of being able to be classified as a Bara I guess (and that seems to be the only type of older man they like in FEH, or ugly and evil old men, no in between... Watch Astolfo never be added into the game), so maybe they'd put him sooner than almost any other dad, they've been going so hard on the Bara dad thing that literally every single OC dad is like this (Surtr, Gustav, Askr, Njordr,... Watch Ratatoskr's dad be the same too), that's why- while not a dad's lord- I figure that Douglas will become pretty liked by the fandom when he gets added to the game, Dagdar and Garcia would too. 

Yeah, as much as I like Gustav I feel like adding his OG self would sort of a waste of a slot, less so if they did new art, but still looks irrelevant to do it.

He's a playable character in Trial maps too don't forget. I expect to see all the Sacred Stones trial map characters eventually.