Choose Your Legends 8 is live!

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If we really must get more Three Houses CYL winners in the future, then I would personally prefer Ashe, Yuri, or Seteth for the men, and Mercedes, Annette, or Dorothea for the women. But, hopefully, with any luck, we'll get a break from TH in CYL now.

He says, knowing full well that Male Byleth is a likely winner next year.

I'd prefer getting Ferdinand or Mercedes for 3H winners if we had to have more of them, with the acknowledgement that I don't think I really care about anyone from 3H anymore.

That said, I wouldn't be super upset with m!Byleth at this point because the Byleths are literally the same character and it should be both or neither. I can't agree that f!Byleth being considered "sexier" by certain parts of the fanbase should mean her winning and the male never doing so when they are identical otherwise.

I feel like I wouldn't dislike 3H nearly as much if I didn't feel like it was guilty of falling into the same trap as all the other games with an avatar. Specifically, I think 3H is just as bad as Fates is when it comes to bending over backwards to make you feel like you're on the "righteous side" even when you choose the aggressor, never letting that path fell the consequences for their actions, and I guess I'm concerned that we're going to get more of IS-failing-to-write-split-paths-and-failing-harder-at-being-morally-gray. I actually did like Engage better than 3H too, even if I acknowledge it was laughably bad in all of its story and most of its characterization.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has to be 3H, then it's Petra with daylight behind for me. Can't believe she doesn't even have an alt, and her base art is awful.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

A finger on the monkey's paw curls, and we get Brave Balthus as a sword armor.

Nah, they'll just make him a dragon XD

@Humanoid Queen Petra is certainly a vibe I could get behind.

Edited by Jotari

On 1/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, Mercakete said:

No idea what they'll do with Felix, but I hope it's not just a reclass (unless it's an interesting reclass, like Dancer.) Same with Bernie. Also, sure would be something if we got Brave Grima (though that was basically what Rearmed Fallen F!Robin was.)

Anyway, I'm most excited for Alfonse! There's just so much potential there! Sure, Askrans basically riff on the same design concept, and there's every possibility that they'll give him the look of one of his immediate family members, but there's more that could be done. King Alfonse would be great, but so would Emblian Alfonse, with a design based on Ascended Vernica's outfit or Zacharias' outfit. They're his consistent best friends. Ah, but it would be fun if he was wearing something based on the summoner's clothes, too! That's still based on Askr's "uniform" though. It would also be cool if he dressed up as Lif (the first king of Askr, not his other undead self.)

That's pretty much my opinion and predictions too (except Alfonse king of Askr cause I think It'll be a Legendary, likely at the end of this book). I wonder if they'd repeat a dancer on another 3H brave unit, I honestly wouldn't mind it because I like the idea (also since Marianne is a woman and Felix a man, the outfits wouldn't look nearly identical, so should be even less or  problem).

Also, I think that not giving B!Corrin a fancy dance (or rather "sing" ability bur whatever) skill in honour to Azura last year was a huge waste, I'd find it nice to include more refreshing assists in brave units when the option is there.

On 1/29/2024 at 12:38 PM, Othin said:

I think Three Houses appealed to a lot of people outside of FE's usual fanbase - even more so than Awakening and Fates. It makes sense for that to be a recipe for being particularly popular overall even while getting dislike from a lot of longer-time fans (myself included).

Yeah, I dislike 3H mainly because of it's fanbase but the game in general wasn't really as polarizing as Fates and Engage, I can say for sure that Engage bothers me more if we're thinking solely about the game (while 3H's fandom is WAY more annoying, who else likes the ShitpostEmblem reddit and remember the dark times where 90% of the memes there were cringe sex tier lists from 3Houses or AI generated conversations between 3Houses characters like "Mercedes finds a boyfriend" or something? Good that those are all banned from there now).

20 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I've heard people speculate that Bernie fans will move on to Alcryst next CYL but I doubt it. There's a pretty unfortunate double standards when it comes to social anxiety in characters. Female characters are allowed to be, male ones are not. The same reason people go ''So precious must protect!'' about Marianne is the exact same reason they have contempt for Ignatz. 

Yeah, also a lot of Bernie's fans are dudes that are into this sorta stuff or women that see themselves in her so they find her cool but wouldn't like a guy like this, most of these people probably won't migrante to Alcryst.

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah. The worst part is Ignatz is at least more natural: he has low-esteem but also accepts there are things he can do. Marianne just sits around feeling sorry for herself all the time which just gets frustrating. Fast. If anything, Bernie fans will move onto someone else from 3H. That part of the fandom just circulates within that bubble it seems - which makes sense given 3H seems to be the only FE they played. (Granted I'm only going off of all the gaming channels and their fans who said as much when Engage came out.)

Not to disagree with you about Ignatz but I think Marianne is realistic too, I've met a lot people like her. It's a bit annoying when it's a character feeling sorry for herself like this, but it's not unnatural in the slightest. Sometimes you just feel incapable and hopeless so you don't try to do anything (although I get the point, just don't think Marianne acts in an unnatural way).

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Let's all vote for Balthus so they're forced to give us gauntlets. They're not going to give him a freaking axe again if he wins CYL.

Or they'll dress him up after Hilda's brother or some abyss character and give him one of whatever weapons they have.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

6 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Not to disagree with you about Ignatz but I think Marianne is realistic too, I've met a lot people like her. It's a bit annoying when it's a character feeling sorry for herself like this, but it's not unnatural in the slightest. Sometimes you just feel incapable and hopeless so you don't try to do anything (although I get the point, just don't think Marianne acts in an unnatural way).

Fair enough, but surely those similar people you've met have more to them than just feeling sorry for themselves? Take Alcryst for example: he hates himself but he at least uses that to better understand the strengths of those around him.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I've heard people speculate that Bernie fans will move on to Alcryst next CYL but I doubt it. There's a pretty unfortunate double standards when it comes to social anxiety in characters. Female characters are allowed to be, male ones are not. The same reason people go ''So precious must protect!'' about Marianne is the exact same reason they have contempt for Ignatz. 

While there are certainly some gender-related double standards when it comes to characters, I don't think this is one? Like, obviously Alcryst is "allowed" to be socially anxious by the fanbase... he's the second most popular male character in Engage! If his social anxiety was seen as a negative trait, there's no way he'd be more popular than someone like Alfred, who is more plot-important.

IMO the reason that Ignatz isn't as popular as Bernadetta, Marianne, or Alcryst is because he's just... not as interesting as them. Even people who would relate to Ignatz tend not to care about him that much in my experience.

Anyway in my experience there is definitely some overlap between Bernadetta fans and Alcryst fans. Will a few Bernadetta fans support Alcryst next time? Probably a small number... more than will move to Diamant or male Alear, for instance. But it's not like they migrate as a bloc - I expect others will support other Black Eagles (particularly Dorothea since she's the next most popular and Hubert since there's a lot of Hubert/Bernie fanbase overlap), and countless other characters.

Apparently the full results are out.

Also, unless I miscounted wrong (which is completely possible), apparently the top 3 Tellius units not in the game are Stefan, Tormod (!!!), and Edward. In that order. There were a few other Tellius characters above them, but I skipped the ones who already have a base form.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Apparently the full results are out.

Also, unless I miscounted wrong (which is completely possible), apparently the top 3 Tellius units not in the game are Stefan, Tormod (!!!), and Edward. In that order. There were a few other Tellius characters above them, but I skipped the ones who already have a base form.

Did you see Brom's rank?

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Did you see Brom's rank?

6th amongst characters not in, if I'm right. Rank 191 with 328 votes.

Cordelia only dropped six spots compared to her CYL7 placement. I will gladly take that.

Meanwhile, these are the bottom five playable characters from Engage:

Saphir: 368th, 74 votes
Lindon: 345th, 97 votes
Bunet: 292nd, 158 votes
Madeline: 257th, 201 votes
Vander: 248th, 215 votes

No big surprises here, but it should be noted that Seadall (246th) only got 3 more votes than Vander. I get that Seadall is in FEH, but I still didn't expect him to place that low.

Hyacinth finished last among all Engage characters at 404th with 38 votes. Seforia was second to last at 374th with 68 votes while Morion placed between Lindon and Bunet at 304th with 142 votes.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

While there are certainly some gender-related double standards when it comes to characters, I don't think this is one? Like, obviously Alcryst is "allowed" to be socially anxious by the fanbase... he's the second most popular male character in Engage! If his social anxiety was seen as a negative trait, there's no way he'd be more popular than someone like Alfred, who is more plot-important.

IMO the reason that Ignatz isn't as popular as Bernadetta, Marianne, or Alcryst is because he's just... not as interesting as them. Even people who would relate to Ignatz tend not to care about him that much in my experience.

Anyway in my experience there is definitely some overlap between Bernadetta fans and Alcryst fans. Will a few Bernadetta fans support Alcryst next time? Probably a small number... more than will move to Diamant or male Alear, for instance. But it's not like they migrate as a bloc - I expect others will support other Black Eagles (particularly Dorothea since she's the next most popular and Hubert since there's a lot of Hubert/Bernie fanbase overlap), and countless other characters.

Imo calling Alfred plot relevant is a bit farcical. He's obviously meant to be but just... isn't.

Edit:Oh results are out. Expect a thread from me analyzing the overall data trends soon.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

6th amongst characters not in, if I'm right. Rank 191 with 328 votes.

1. Stefan
  2. Tormod
  3. Edward
  4. Volug
  5. Boyd
  6. Leonardo
  7. Brom
  8. Elena
  9. Kieran
  10. Meg
  11. Janaff
  12. Almedha
  13. Skrimir
  14. Aran
  15. Greil

That's all the ones with 200+ votes.

Meanwhile, for Thracia, counting to 100 votes:

1. Linoan
  2. Homer
  3. Machyua
  4. Misha
  5. Amalda (tie)
  6. Carrion (tie)
  7. Marty
  8. Cain
  9. Fergus

And Genealogy, also to 100:

1. Oifey
  2. Chulainn
  3. Lana
  4. Dew
  5. Coirpre
  6. Edain
  7. Brigid
  8. Beowolf
  9. Naoise
  10. Midir

Alright, I'm finished adding all the new votes to my CYL Data document and I have noticed one oddity. While they haven't added any new characters to previous games, they have made once change to the previous roster. In CYL 7, Monica from Three Houses and Monica from Three Hopes had their votes combined just like every other character, this year they are separate. The reason is kind of obvious, they're different characters, the Monica in Houses is really Kronya but the Monica in Hopes is really Monica. But last year they were combined, meaning last year, and only last year, if you were voting for Three Houses Monica you were voting for two separate characters. This is very irritating for the way I'm formatting my data as I want every individual vote to be counted so nothing is counted twice, yet two seperate characters have the same votes applied to them now. It would have been much neater if for this year and going forward they combined Three Houses Monica's votes with Kronya. Or just had the foresight last year to not combine the two Monica options into one total.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Imo calling Alfred plot relevant is a bit farcical. He's obviously meant to be but just... isn't.

Edit:Oh results are out. Expect a thread from me analyzing the overall data trends soon.

Maybe that'd make people like him even more, like how a bunch of people like Sharena more because she was supposed to be plot relevant but is usually not, I like Alfonse more but gave most of my votes to Sharena because I want her to get the attention she was supposed to have (and to try to avoid an Engage sweep but that's besides the point).

Oh, I'll be waiting, I like this sort of thread (and let me guess, you'll make a document in Google docs/something similar too).

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Alright, I'm finished adding all the new votes to my CYL Data document and I have noticed one oddity. 

Yeah, I knew it! You always have a document for everything!

6 hours ago, Othin said:
  1. Stefan
  2. Tormod
  3. Edward
  4. Volug
  5. Boyd
  6. Leonardo
  7. Brom
  8. Elena
  9. Kieran
  10. Meg
  11. Janaff
  12. Almedha
  13. Skrimir
  14. Aran
  15. Greil

That's all the ones with 200+ votes.

Meanwhile, for Thracia, counting to 100 votes:

1. Linoan
  2. Homer
  3. Machyua
  4. Misha
  5. Amalda (tie)
  6. Carrion (tie)
  7. Marty
  8. Cain
  9. Fergus

And Genealogy, also to 100:

1. Oifey
  2. Chulainn
  3. Lana
  4. Dew
  5. Coirpre
  6. Edain
  7. Brigid
  8. Beowolf
  9. Naoise
  10. Midir

What? I didn't realize Elena was that popular. She's more than Greil?! I'm pretty happy for Volug's placement.

Yesssssss Oifreeeeeeeyyy (also do they mention which version got more votes? I suspect it'll be the older one but still, I wanna know), happy for Edain and Brigid too.

12 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Fair enough, but surely those similar people you've met have more to them than just feeling sorry for themselves? Take Alcryst for example: he hates himself but he at least uses that to better understand the strengths of those around him.

I mean, some of them were apologetic and felt sorry for themselves to MASSIVE levels, I'd say it's like her yeah (also while Marianne feels sorry for herself all the time, she does have more to her- even though it's at the same time she's feeling sorry for herself), my point is it can be annoying but I wouldn't call it straight up unrealistic (note that I've met people like this when I was a teen, not as an adult, if that makes difference). I like how juvenile some of the 3H characters feel because it reminds me they really are teens, so stuff like Felix' juvenile thing of wanting to be the best swordsman in the world or whatever, the way Sylvain acts, how Marianne acts too, idk, I know it's easy for a lot of people to dislike or find annoying but I like it (as much as I sorta dislike 3H outta spite). Probably one of the reasons 3H characters are so liked too is because they somehow managed to fit a bunch of the stereotyped teen personalities in a lot of them: Sylvain is literally just the nice guy incel kid, Marianne is the depressed kid, even Bernadetta is very similar to a bunch of kids I had in my class (that's one of the reasons I find her annoying even, because while Bernadetta acts "moe" because it's a game, I've had kids in my class who acted exactly like she does but in real life- trying to look cute or like an anime character- and it bothered the fuck out of me, also the game plays Bernadetta's problems for laughs so it makes it worse), Ingrid is the annoying "Karen" kid,... Maybe not ALL of them are some sort of teen stereotype but the ones that are, I'm 90% sure were done like this on purpouse to make the kids relate to them. Of course, not to say that everybody has to like Marianne or even think she's well written or realistic, I'm not trying to impose my opinion here, just sharing that based on my experience, I find her to be quite realistic (as sad as it is).

Also, eh, where do we see the CYL results? (except for the top 4 ones, I mean the results that came out today) Is it on the same site?

In case anyone cares the 3 most wanted characters from Echoes are now.

1. Jesse

2. Nomah

3. Deen (base version)

Unexpected to say the least, since I was sure Deen would receive more votes than Nomah. Maybe his fans are satisfied enough by his alt?

Oh, and if we count NPCs base Rinea places way higher than all three of them so I 100% expect her to be the star of the next Echoes banner together with an OC with Jesse kind of thrown in just to add him.

Also a funny coincidence is that after being added in the last banner both Mycen and Hestia dropped in votes as was expected.

But this year they both received the same amount of votes. They are tied with 55 votes. IDK it's a bit funny to me.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Maybe that'd make people like him even more, like how a bunch of people like Sharena more because she was supposed to be plot relevant but is usually not, I like Alfonse more but gave most of my votes to Sharena because I want her to get the attention she was supposed to have (and to try to avoid an Engage sweep but that's besides the point).

Oh, I'll be waiting, I like this sort of thread (and let me guess, you'll make a document in Google docs/something similar too).

Yeah, I knew it! You always have a document for everything!

What? I didn't realize Elena was that popular. She's more than Greil?! I'm pretty happy for Volug's placement.

Yesssssss Oifreeeeeeeyyy (also do they mention which version got more votes? I suspect it'll be the older one but still, I wanna know), happy for Edain and Brigid too.

I mean, some of them were apologetic and felt sorry for themselves to MASSIVE levels, I'd say it's like her yeah (also while Marianne feels sorry for herself all the time, she does have more to her- even though it's at the same time she's feeling sorry for herself), my point is it can be annoying but I wouldn't call it straight up unrealistic (note that I've met people like this when I was a teen, not as an adult, if that makes difference). I like how juvenile some of the 3H characters feel because it reminds me they really are teens, so stuff like Felix' juvenile thing of wanting to be the best swordsman in the world or whatever, the way Sylvain acts, how Marianne acts too, idk, I know it's easy for a lot of people to dislike or find annoying but I like it (as much as I sorta dislike 3H outta spite). Probably one of the reasons 3H characters are so liked too is because they somehow managed to fit a bunch of the stereotyped teen personalities in a lot of them: Sylvain is literally just the nice guy incel kid, Marianne is the depressed kid, even Bernadetta is very similar to a bunch of kids I had in my class (that's one of the reasons I find her annoying even, because while Bernadetta acts "moe" because it's a game, I've had kids in my class who acted exactly like she does but in real life- trying to look cute or like an anime character- and it bothered the fuck out of me, also the game plays Bernadetta's problems for laughs so it makes it worse), Ingrid is the annoying "Karen" kid,... Maybe not ALL of them are some sort of teen stereotype but the ones that are, I'm 90% sure were done like this on purpouse to make the kids relate to them. Of course, not to say that everybody has to like Marianne or even think she's well written or realistic, I'm not trying to impose my opinion here, just sharing that based on my experience, I find her to be quite realistic (as sad as it is).

Also, eh, where do we see the CYL results? (except for the top 4 ones, I mean the results that came out today) Is it on the same site?

In fairness, Greil already has a version, while Elena does not.

Oifey is listed with "(late story)" above "(early story)", so his Gen 2 version got more votes.

Results page: https://vote8.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/result/

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Alright, I'm finished adding all the new votes to my CYL Data

Ooo data! If you already have it compiled, would you mind telling me where Elena placed in the various years of CYL? I want to see if she's on the up- or down-trend. It would be really encouraging if her placement got higher and higher every year. ^_^

4 hours ago, Othin said:

In fairness, Greil already has a version, while Elena does not.

Oifey is listed with "(late story)" above "(early story)", so his Gen 2 version got more votes.

Results page: https://vote8.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/result/

Ok, thanks for the link.

I never noticed that Uther was votable, he made it to 249th right above Greil.

Roland is votable too it seems, and made it relatively well- specially for a character that shows up for like one minute-at 264th (tying with Sephiram), I think this means he might get a Mythic one day, the 12 Crusaders are not votable and most of the 8 legends of Elibe too but he is.

Raigh (who I dedicated 2 votes to) kept his placement (of last year) of 269th (with 183 votes), not completely horrible... I guess. Nils (who I considered giving some votes for) placed at 338th, is he seriously less popular than Raigh? that was new for me, and quite a shame because as much as like Raigh, Nils is very plot relevant (and from a not japan only game, and he is around since the early game) to place that low! He got, shamefully, only 104 votes!

Coincidentally, Limstella and Ephidel are tied at 354th place with 88 votes. I'm just mentioning this one cause I found cool (they're tied with Nótt, Sheena and Kempf as well).

I thought Nyna was a lot more popular, specially after the mess that her OG alt was, but she placed at 365th with only 77 votes (she ties with Ótr, man...).

Is there seriously a votable character named "Brigand Boss"? (he places at 419th with 23 votes).

FUCK IT! FE6 MURDOCK PLACED AT 431 (with fucking 11 votes)?! WHY?! HE'S AWESOME? I might as well throw him some votes next year... His FE7 placed even lower (at 434 with 8 votes...).

Figures we had a another character with only 1 vote this year: Muston from RD (he placed last at 440th, didn't tie with anyone).

That's all I have to say for now.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Ooo data! If you already have it compiled, would you mind telling me where Elena placed in the various years of CYL? I want to see if she's on the up- or down-trend. It would be really encouraging if her placement got higher and higher every year. ^_^

According to her Wiki page, she placed at 479th in CYL1, 423th in CYL2, 415th in CYL 3, 379th in CYL4, 350th in CYL5, 322th in CYL6 and 284th in CYL7. Now I didn't check her placement this year because it's not in the wiki yet and I don't want to read the whole list of results again, but was higher than last year because Greil placed 250th and she got more votes than him.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

19 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

ChaosOsiris on Reddit maintains this spreadsheet that logs  every CYL vote for every character ever.

Note it's in the process of being updated for the final CYL8 results so they're not complete yet.

Okay, my data sorting is complete. Here's a link to the thread with my observations and access to my spreadsheet

Based on the data, it seems likely Male Byleth and Azura will win next year, though no one expected Alfonse this year, so who knows what will happen.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

ChaosOsiris on Reddit maintains this spreadsheet that logs  every CYL vote for every character ever.

Note it's in the process of being updated for the final CYL8 results so they're not complete yet.

Ha! I'm faster than that guy! And I'm from the local area! Send me a link to his reddit so I can brag before bed.

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Here ya go

Character Mug 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 Total Average
Elena   250 377 300 262 168 220 152 325 2054 256.75

Her mug won't shot up being pasted into serenes. This year was her second best with her best showing being 2018. But less than 4,00 votes isn't great in general.

Edited by Jotari

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No big surprises here, but it should be noted that Seadall (246th) only got 3 more votes than Vander. I get that Seadall is in FEH, but I still didn't expect him to place that low.

Seadall is surprisingly unpopular. I haven’t played Engage yet, but from what I’ve seen so far, he’s my favorite in the cast. I rather like Céline, Chloé and Citrinne as well.

49 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Is there seriously a votable character named "Brigand Boss"? (he places at 419th with 23 votes).

Yes, there is. He is from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I’m surprised you haven’t heard of him, since he was a popular meme in the vein of Gatekeeper.

Of the characters I voted for, most of them have either moved up the rankings slightly or haven’t really changed position.

Peri placed in 164th, which is around where she usually places. She tends to do well, despite having been in Heroes since launch and being a very polarizing character. Interestingly, Selkie, who was voiced by the same VA in Fates and who can be Peri’s daughter, placed right below her. I was pleasantly surprised to see Shura placed in 168th. I think that’s a record for him! Please let this be his year to be added to Heroes.

Jakob placed in 234th, which is around where he usually places. I hope this is his year for a second alt! His previous alt is terrible (though some of his dialogue is really amusing) and was released several years ago.

Legault placed in 303rd, about where I thought he would. He really needs an alt and he’d be a perfect fit for the ninja banner.

Marisha placed in 347th, which is higher than expected. I think she has a fairly good chance at being on the next Archanea banner by virtue of being one of the few female characters left for those games.

Blazing Blade Karel placed in 356th, a little higher than I thought. Even though he’s been in Heroes since shortly after launch, I’m surprised he’s so unpopular in general. I’d think he’d at least be polarizing like Peri or Henry for some of the same reasons. Binding Blade Karel placed somewhat better at 317th.

Oof! Poor Rickard placed in 423rd with only 19 votes, which is even lower than previous years. I didn’t expect him to do well, but I was hoping he could at least break into the 300s. Nonetheless, I think his chances of being on a future Archanea banner aren’t horrible because (barring any out-of-left-field choices) he’s the only possible dagger unit left for those games since Heroes likes making thieves dagger users. This is a good thing; I prefer thieves to use ranged attacks since they usually have poor defense.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Okay, my data sorting is complete. Here's a link to the thread with my observations and access to my spreadsheet

Based on the data, it seems likely Male Byleth and Azura will win next year, though no one expected Alfonse this year, so who knows what will happen.

Ha! I'm faster than that guy! And I'm from the local area! Send me a link to his reddit so I can brag before bed.

Here ya go

Character Mug 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 Total Average
Elena   250 377 300 262 168 220 152 325 2054 256.75

Her mug won't shot up being pasted into serenes. This year was her second best with her best showing being 2018. But less than 4,00 votes isn't great in general.

Wait, did you adapt the votes in some way? (like not allowing ties or something) Because the placements I saw for Elena on the FE wiki were not these.

38 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Yes, there is. He is from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I’m surprised you haven’t heard of him, since he was a popular meme in the vein of Gatekeeper.

Legault placed in 303rd, about where I thought he would. He really needs an alt and he’d be a perfect fit for the ninja banner.

Blazing Blade Karel placed in 356th, a little higher than I thought. Even though he’s been in Heroes since shortly after launch, I’m surprised he’s so unpopular in general. I’d think he’d at least be polarizing like Peri or Henry for some of the same reasons. Binding Blade Karel placed somewhat better at 317th.

I didn't start to follow CYL up until CYL4 or 5 (actually, I've only started to follow the fandom propaganda, memes, etc for CYL in CYL5) so if it was before this, I've never hear about it.

I think that the fact that a bunch of people seem to be sure on the expectation that Karel to be on the easter banner this year might have lowered his votes. Legault really needs an alt, yeah.