Things you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Hirondelle

I love Tidus from FFX. Many fans have hated on him for being whiny crybaby. But I doubt they would be rainbows and sunshine after finding out that your dad is a giant whale that has been causing death and descrution for over 1000 years. I've feel like known him for all of my childhood. His character has definitly grown on me over years. And he offers the most convincing romance in the entire series. (Screw SquallxRinoa. Way too cheesy for me.)

I hate Squall. He acts like he's giving birth to a full grown cow when someone has the audacity to utter a sentence to him and love interest is so derp. And the rest of FFVIII.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should've changed that Jugdral comment to "a good chunk of GBA and onward FE hate". And most of it is on GameFAQs, not here. I know my hate for Jugdral gets really out of hand, but I'm really tired of seeing FE games bashed by people who explictly state that it should be "more like Jugdral" or anything along those lines. Even without fans like that, Jugdral still isnt' my cup of tea since it's caters way too much to hardcore fans with the generation system and super secret items (like the Gen 1 Hero Axe and the Pursuit Ring), as well as the story being way more political than personal (I find stories that are on a personal level more deep than ones on a political level).

As for the violent and bloody games, I'm aware that there are violent games out there that are enjoyable not just because of the violence. I wouldn't like Mortal Kombat if that wasn't the case. Even before I actually became a hardcore Mortal Kombat fan, I've always liked the cast of Mortal Kombat and found them memorable (especially with iconic characters like Sub-Zero and Raiden, where you see them and think Mortal Kombat even if you don't know enough about the series to know their actual names). The Metal Gear series also is quite violent, but throws other elements into the mix to enhance things like the emotional atmosphere of the game or how tough of a person Snake is. Violence alone is pretty hollow unless you throw the right things into the mix, and even then, the things that are thrown in may not appeal to everyone.

On topic, I also agree on Tidus. Going from a celebrity to a lowly guardian would do that to anyone, but at least Tidus made a good effort to keep an open mind and put other people's problems first. I also like Squall as well. Sure, his closed-mindedness can be annoying, but it sure is funny. Besides, who here hasn't been like that in their teenage years?

Well, it's fine if you don't like the Judgral games, everyone has different tastes, I just think it's unfair to blame Judgral for fans disliking the later games. I understand it can get annoying, but many people like skills and overkill holy weapons and the politically-heavy storyline and perhaps miss it in GBAFE where skills were almost nonexistant. The game is not at fault for this, for it's just a game. The crazy fans get out of hand and they're the ones to get annoyed at, not the games itself. I have many reasons why I don't like FE7 in comparison to the rest of the FEs, but it has nothing to do with "not being in Judgral" even though I love Thracia and Geneology. It's good that you realise it though.

I love Tidus from FFX. Many fans have hated on him for being whiny crybaby. But I doubt they would be rainbows and sunshine after finding out that your dad is a giant whale that has been causing death and descrution for over 1000 years. I've feel like known him for all of my childhood. His character has definitly grown on me over years. And he offers the most convincing romance in the entire series. (Screw SquallxRinoa. Way too cheesy for me.)

I hate Squall. He acts like he's giving birth to a full grown cow when someone has the audacity to utter a sentence to him and love interest is so derp. And the rest of FFVIII.

oh I liked Tidus.. I felt his death was the perfect way to end the game, but not because I dislike him or anything- because it just had to happen with the way the plot played out. And he was also involved in some of the saddest scenes i've seen in a video.

I liked FF8's plot too, because it makes a lot of sense after a while...

Things I hate that everyone likes...

Baseball: BORING AS HELL.

FPS: Overated, Overdone, Overblown.

Blondes: Not attracted to them in the slightest, no offence to those that are blonde.

Tattoo's: What's the point in having one?

Chocolate: They don't taste good to me.

Candy in general: except lolipops.

3D: Gimmicky concept is gimmicky.

Ocarina of Time: Cannot get into the game.

Family Guy and SpongeBob Squarepants: I liked the first couple of seasons but everything after that makes me cringe at how unsmypathatic the main characters are.

Things I like that everyone hates...

Anime: My friends don't get why I like it

RPG's: see above

Football: Quite Ironic that I like Football yet hate Baseball

The Love Guru: It's so bad it's good gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

That all I can think of so far.

I dislike World of Warcraft.

I really like Drizzt Do'Urden as a character. I do hate his clones, however, and it's a house rule in any D&D game I run that people will be smitten (Smote? Smited?) by gods from above if they so much as THINK of making a clone.

I cannot get into the Assassin's Creed series to save my life and yet I play the shit out of Metal Gear Solid.

I also like soccer better than baseball.

It seems a lot of people hate lima beans, but I love them.

What I hate that a lot of people seem to love is South Park. Actually, I tend to dislike a lot of comedy shows that rely a ton on vulgarity and shock value.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything that sticks out.

• 3 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto (violence, blood, and crime, do not a game make. Plenty of gamers out there have completely forgotten this.)

This...

Suddenly I recall some of the people I know around my place hyping that before; and they went from okay to WTF is in your brain!?!

I hate Call of Duty and GTA for being over-hyped under-tested no-change-between-title and pathetic-dev-time (Okay, that bit's just COD) pieces of CRAP.

I liked Raiden as a character in MGS2, and I'm not moving from this stance. Reasoning?

Training: Some VR, no experience

People complains that he whines

Explanation: No combat experience, and gets thrown into a REPLICA OF SHADOW EFFING MESA. I believe that he starts to suffer from Sanity Slippage due to the trauma for a while, turning him into...well, a whiny brat. It's a coping mechanism. Hey, it's MGS, would you really put it past Kojima for that to be his reason?

On this, i read through a bit and it seems like a lot of people hate sports, I love sports so much, specifically football. From August to November my life revolves around it.

A lot of people in my generation hate jazz and I think it is one of the most amazing things ever

I liked Raiden as a character in MGS2, and I'm not moving from this stance. Reasoning?

Training: Some VR, no experience

People complains that he whines

Explanation: No combat experience, and gets thrown into a REPLICA OF SHADOW EFFING MESA. I believe that he starts to suffer from Sanity Slippage due to the trauma for a while, turning him into...well, a whiny brat. It's a coping mechanism. Hey, it's MGS, would you really put it past Kojima for that to be his reason?

Things I hate but everyone loves: Most of Pixar, Avatar(blue people), the 2002 Comte de Monte-Cristo movie, Bambi, The Catcher in the Rye, Glee, The Lord of the Rings movies( I don't hate them they just bother me in parts), Harry Potter books 5-7 especially 7, Heath Ledger as the Joker (I like him as an actor I just think the role was overrated), Batman the dark knight, John Lennon

I love bitching about how overplayed Adele music is, but no one seems to agree with me.Sure, I can be morbid and moody and upset, but singing it loudly in near indecipherable words makes it so much worse. It doesn't help that of the 5 radio stations available that don't limit themselves to country music, all seem to rotate Adele's crappy "my life is awful now so yours should suck more!" music.

Things I hate but everyone loves: Most of Pixar, Avatar(blue people), the 2002 Comte de Monte-Cristo movie, Bambi, The Catcher in the Rye, Glee, The Lord of the Rings movies( I don't hate them they just bother me in parts), Harry Potter books 5-7 especially 7, Heath Ledger as the Joker (I like him as an actor I just think the role was overrated), Batman the dark knight, John Lennon

We are now enemies

Anyways, one thing I hate that everyone else loves- Forrest Gump. I hate that stupid movie! People give me so much crap for not liking it...it's almost if I'm not allowed to, or something.

Americans love to glorify and tolerate retards in movies (while I revel in or am apathetic to their demise and existence, in that order) - what did you expect? Even if they are portrayed badly and non-descriptly by wholesome no-talent phonies like Tom Hanks. IMDB can attest to that idiocy.

Ah, but this is for a different, polar opposite thread, I think. One I would be all too willing to contribute to and would probably amount to a much longer one around here. Part of being a man is NEVER trusting or buying into the taste of the crowd, ever.

Edited by FabledTome

I love bitching about how overplayed Adele music is, but no one seems to agree with me.Sure, I can be morbid and moody and upset, but singing it loudly in near indecipherable words makes it so much worse. It doesn't help that of the 5 radio stations available that don't limit themselves to country music, all seem to rotate Adele's crappy "my life is awful now so yours should suck more!" music.

I'm on your side with this one, man. I just don't like her music. >_> I find her voice quite grating.

And yet my Pandora stations all think I should like her work :'D Song after song after song gets downvoted, but I keep getting more. It's getting silly.

Edited by Spectakitty