what

IRIS YOU'RE ALIVE?snike postgame

no, i'm a ghost.

boo.

good lord

hi iris

hi jaybee

iris joinagame

sorry. summer has Ben crazy and the rest of the school year I'll be stressed a out applying to college. maybe next year?

God every time I see this thread I'm like "Why do people even bother bumping this?"

remember how you caught 3/4 of the scumteam d1 and then we tested your mayor by quicklynching you in lylo. yeah that was cool :)

I don't think postgame is ever coming.

Not that I care too much, I got subbed in at LYLO and lost the game for town.

remember how you caught 3/4 of the scumteam d1 and then we tested your mayor by quicklynching you in lylo. yeah that was cool :)

I swear this is what Snike's gonna say about me if he ever does postgame. Not like his postgame matters ONE YEAR AFTER THE FUCKIN' GAME GOT OVER!

Lieris nuh prims needs you joinagame

i can look back on this game and go: "wow i really sucked and had no motivation to play scum after rolling it like 4 out of 5 recent games or something"

tl;dr of my analysis cause i didn't actually do shit this game except be bussed, basically

• 2 months later...

role/rules theory & balance discussion postgame, you're welcome for doing anything at all assholes

A lot of this is from memory so I could just be completely wrong about why we did some of the things we did.

Roles

Snike wanted this game to have vanillas because a lot of the recent games had been role madness and were totally nuts. We had 7 Vanillas at one point but I felt the town was underpowered so we added a Mayor instead, then we got rid of another, see the Mentor section for more on that. Most of the town PRs were pretty average. We either had unlimited vig or x-shot at first but Snike wanted the vigilante to have a downside/ different downside so we made it EM-style instead. also we gave vanillas the ability to send in music so they would have something to do and give a reason for them to stay engaged.

Scum was mostly pretty basic. Godfather to make Cop unreliable, because that's what Godfather does. The watcher was there to catch some of the town PRs. I really like because it has that sort of utility. Actually I just really like watcher if you didn't notice from every setup I've ever hosted. Hooker was mostly extra cop limiting and stuff but also so vigilante couldn't go ham and all that. And for doc I guess. And lastly obligatory mafia rolecop, also in case you haven't seen a single setup I've hosted.

The Mentor was something that had never been on SF before. We wanted to do some sort of SK from the start, but we thought regular SK would be boring, so when Snike said "let's have this role" I agreed. I think it was fair in power in the context of the setup and pretty well executed. Also we gave it to Paper on purpose, which was either because he requested it or Snike thought it would be funny. Also in one of the design stages we didn't have him start with a Mentee and there were 6 Vanillas, but we thought that would be pretty swingy and could screw up the mafia if they had a guy recruited, so we switched a Vanilla to be his mentee and changed the recruitment from a N0 start to a pre-game recruitment with a D1 start, since we mostly had N0 for Mentor's recruit.

flavor

I did literally none of the flavor.

Rules Explanation

1- Snike wanted it to be NOC so it was

2- lol

3- I already explained this, we wanted a less swingy setup.

4- Normal stuff

4.1- Hammer wasn't in many games at the time and we wanted to discourage laziness or something. Whether or not this worked was debatable.

4.2- We had this as N0 for Mentor, but when we decided to have him start with a recruit instead we changed it to D1. Also we didn't really want a Cop to start right off the bat with a guilty.

5- Nighttalk off was not common at the time and we wanted to give it a shot.

5.1- Speeds things up and stuff

6 through 15 don't really need explanation

16- Added partway through the game for

That's all folks.