Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 4 - Game Over

Paperblade

Can people quit fucking around with claiming unless it's their actual role and a role people have reason to know early D1 please

I don't like Weapons's claim but I don't think it's worth a vote right now because Weapons, but he does seem to be very obtuse even by Weapons standards so that's worth considering. Marth is also being obtuse for no reason so stop that.

This is a thing. Thanks.

Shinori: do you think Via's play is scummy or just different to normal? If it's the latter, what stops it from just being because they haven't played on SF in a while?

Honestly at first I was getting a scumvibe from her. It seems different from her normal play. She doesn't like being scum but when she is scum she generally always changes how she acts because of it. However continuing to read I was kind of shying away from the scum read on her but I still feel off about her so I really don't know what to say about that. It could easily just be that Levy hasn't played on SF for a while. I still find it weird and I'm keeping it as weird and I'm not marking her as obv town as a few other people seemed to have.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INTERNET STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE AND POST THIS POST ALREADY

however, I will agree with Bear on what he said about Bizz not being obv town or even town for that matter,

I don't like #28 where she is questioning BBM's vote (which also looks like an RVS vote with very slight seriousness)and I also don't like #30 because I don't see how BBM was pushing hard. Both posts sound like overreaction from Bizz's part.

I would vote for Bizz, except, there is someone else I would rather vote.

srs answer tho

BBM's vote wasn't RVS to me at that point. It was a reaction test (which I didn't realize at that point because I completely ignored the fact we were in RVS because, you know, I felt I was posting too much spam/bullshit and wanted to start the game For Real. Count how many shitposts I made and try to guess how much it bugged me.)

At first, before I realized he was trying to reaction test me, I didn't like that he voted me instead of just asking me the question he asked me because to ME it felt like an overreaction/grasping on HIS part (remember, I didn't realize he was reaction testing, and that we were so early in the game, I'm gay and an idiot).

It still felt like he was jumping so hard pretty early though, and coupled with the fact he thought I was town anyway but still voted for me. It felt weird. Also if this is your only reason for thinking I'm scum, I find that kinda weak reasoning, sorry man.

btw if I sound like a jerk/passive-aggressive I am just joking 99% of the time, I gotta keep it like this so I don't get too into this game that I freak out. if I sound like I'm being a jerk to you, let me know and I'll stop

@shinori it's nice that you're culthunting so early but who do you think is mafia

also I don't get how you came to the conclusion of "cult" from that conversation, then turned around and explained how you came to the conclusion that I was cult from my general meta. inconsistency

small notes:

- I don't like mitsuki's vote. I know it could be that she doesn't know about Kay's usual activity pattern but there are better reasons to vote people

- would like to see solid reads from: shinori, iris, bear

- my vote on bear with the ":v" face was a reaction test because bear's post before my vote was really bad imo and his reaction helped me come to the conclusion that I think he is scum.

- not interested in a BBM or Refa lynch atm. I'd explain why but a lot of it is related to ~meta~ and ~gutreading~ and I really don't wanna clog the thread with that shit rn

(although if we're going by my ~vibes~, Refa does feel worse to me than BBM does and I can explain why later)

gonna be back to read more

I just noticed Blitz is basically pushing both sides of the Via/BBM argument and it kind of irritates me? What do you think of things that happened after that point besides one FFM post?

Shinori reads town from his last post because of meta. This is probably gonna be the closest I get to actually RIPing this game!

oh to make it clear because it's not clear in my last post, to echo SB I'm not getting scum from shinori either, I just wanna see more actual reads from him

mitsuki and iris I am both leaning scum for reasons I have stated in previous posts.

EVERYONE IS INACTIVE SCUM. Even though it's still only 1 day through D1, I always get worried that a bunch of scum are laying low, and only like 5 posters are remotely active, and 10 are pretty inactive. That doesn't bode well for the game. ANYWAYS

So this is a game mechanic (asked Brad myself even though I didn't have a reason to disbelieve you Bizz, sorry, paranoid, lol). Can people confirm who got a kitty? From what I gleaned from the thread, it was me, scorri, and Bizz?

So before anyone calls me out for being a liar, I realized after I reread the thread that it was Boron, and not scorri that got the cat thing. I guess I need a lesson in reading comprehension as well.

Not really feeling it atm but I wanna say that Iris is bugging me a bit because I don't remember a lot of serious content from her even though she's been posting a fair bit. Her Proto vote, which I assume was a joke, came in pretty late while RVS was ending, and her last post ends in "you're nooby to me but I wouldn't say you're scum" and lacks any solid reads or opinions, she's just asking people things.

That's like the first compliment for activity I've ever gotten, thanks. #fourposts I think my lack of solid reads is probably evident since I'm not a very confident D1 (or especially early D1 player) since I tend to rely on vote analysis and other information revealed later.

I have like two town reads, but I don't want to out them for obvious reasons.

My FFM comment was because I thought his ACTION (er, post) was very scummy, but due to meta from the last game that I played with him (and like Blitz pointed out, FFM's logic is weird AF), FFM is a null (but slightly scummy) read. FFM is also pretty new.

Mitsuki's post bothers me so much because it's her first post and she only comments on SB/Kay (although she said that she hasn't read all the posts). I believe she's played in quite a few mafia games so she doesn't really have the "noob card" and that's why I'm scrutinizing her more. SB hasn't been scummy at all (well at least to me), and both SB and Blitz explained that they were basically the same slot and that Kay is always inactive. If being inactive was a good reason to vote for someone, then we could vote half the player list. I also don't get why you're speccing about whether the hydra slot is scum/town/ITP, it's sort of irrelevant at this point.

Oh since BBM and Refa are hot topics (lol), I'll comment on them. Between Refa and BBM, if I had to say if one person was scummier, I'd say BBM. I agree with Blitz that some of his posts read like he was trying to appease Bizz?? Refa's been a little weird too, but nothing he's said really concerns me.

Also, re: bizz, since they've been the most active player this game. While all the meta points to them being town, it's been a really really long time since they've played mafia (I think), so I don't know how much we can trust meta. Although Bizz definitely doesn't seem like a scumspect, I agree with Shinori that Bizz could possibly be ITP (or they are just plain town).

Actually reading back, Weapons claimed he could help "Prims" and now he's claiming cultproof so I'm just kind of confused by his play altogether.

Omg this. Weapons is bothering me.

Anyways, my lovely vote goes to...

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

This is just gut (and some meta), but I'm getting bad vibes from Elieson. Elieson has been pretty active for someone that has produced no content??? I'm also a little suspicious about Weapons since I feel like his play style, er, post style, reads like anti-town, but even though Elie is voting for Weapons I still feel like Elie's been scummier.

Refa's response was pretty much null. Want to see where he goes from here.

Nowhere.

(hi, I just woke up)

the last game I played was soh (I was August, remember) so it's been only a few months

I KNEW I WAS MISSING SOMETHING BTW but I totally forgot about Elie, he would be someone else I would vote because he's not the presence that he usually is this game which bugs me.

Okay, I actually think Weapons might have been serious about being unrecruitable. It sounded more as if he were confirming that there are players which are informed that they are unrecruitable, in case some of us doubt Psych. I still don't think it's a good idea to out that you're unrecruitable so if there are any more players that are unrecruitable, please don't tell us about it.

BBM, I actually have heard of Cult Leaders dying if they try to recruit Mafia. But my point still stands that the Mafia are supposed to be immune to recruitment since they're generally informed about the identities of their scumbuddies, so it would be unfair for a Mafia member to be recruited into a Cult and allow him to rat out all his former scumbuddies. So if Psych was clearly informed that he was unrecruitable, that means he is either Town or a third party.

I also think that if Psych were the Cult Leader himself, he would not have outed the existence of a Cult and claimed to be unrecruitable. But this is purely just meta so idk.

I don't really like SB's vote here. It also kinda bothered me that bearclaw didn't provide any thoughts on why he disagrees that Via is Town, so BBM inquiring him about it makes perfect sense to me. SB's vote also came right after Blitzy's vote on BBM, but the reasoning was entirely different so I'm not sure if he was trying to sheep Blitzy or not.

Mitsuki's post bothers me. A lot. Her vote on SBK seemed to be based solely on the fact that the slot is a hydra. She admits that it doesn't really prove anything, but I have no idea what she thought her vote would accomplish. Her vote for SBK was not accompanied by any mention of what SB actually posted, and seemed to be purely rolespec. Whether Kay posted or not doesn't matter because it's a hydra slot and SB already said that she's likely to be busy during the weekend.

##Vote: Mitsuki

So I reread through the first 5 pages and got like no new opinions out of it what the fuck.

I asked Kay if she wanted to look over my post and she said nope BEST HYDRA BUDDY.

No wait, I have an opinion on this; BEST HYDRA BUDDY (HEIL HYDRA).

BBM's response sure was a response; like I seriously don't know what to make of it. I also don't really get his Psych read? OK, to clarify what I'm thinking (also in response to whoever said scum had fakeclai-SB said that I think), it's not that he claimed it that I thought was townie but rather the manner in which he claimed it (especially since claiming cultproof on ED1 is not optimal for town cred) early on (since town knowing that there is a cult is pretty helpful).

Blitz, what do you think about Proto, Beli, and Bear? You claim that them not appearing in RVS is anti town but like I don't actually know what you think about them. I think he brings up a good point about BBM though (him quickly backing out of pressuring Bizz, which feels worse to me because it came right after them getting a bad vibe from BBM), would sheep.

Mitsuki's ITP spec is weird but like, I don't see why scum would choose to focus on that (because it'd show a deliberate effort to lynch someone who is not mafia, which is generally not viewed as protown and tends to get people on your case). Like if anything, I think it's more likely to come from town.

I agree with Bizz that Iris is (or was at the time of Bizz's post) lacking in scumreads, but I don't actually think that's scummy? Like I didn't really have any scumreads at the time myself and had a decent amount of content myself, so meh. I'm probably biased because I want her to be TOWNBUDDIES with me but yeah. Kind of bothered by her list post though. Don't really like her Mitsuki read since I feel like that's an easy case to jump on, and she's voting Elieson for basically the same issues that other people had with her?

BBM, when I say OK for this point in the game, it doesn't actually mean I agree with the cases. I thought the cases were graspy but I'm not bothered by that because that's how things are in ED1.

Don't really like Proto either because he's just voting Mitsuki for a really easy reason as well and I feel like his SB case is stronger FHPOV (even though I wouldn't sheep it).

##Vote: BBM

Someone please reply, I'm trying very hard to procrastinate on my homework.

Don't worry, Refa, I'm here! I hope that you're town so we can be TOWNBUDDIES. <3

Okay, so I just read Proto's post and I feel like it ignores *a lot* of people who are *relevant* in this thread. AKA, the actives. Like he's making points, but he's selectively ignoring Bizz who's been dominating the thread, the BBM vs Refa drama, and other bigger cases? I dunno, that seems sorta (really) suspicious to me. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Ooh yeah, I agree on the Mitsuki point actually. It reminds me of the last scum game we played together, and how we (being both mafia) wanted to keep the ITP/cult alive so it could I don't think I was making as much of a case on Mitsuki as I was expressing my distaste for her post/confusion, though. And my post isn't as much of a list post as any of anyone's posts, they're just blocky. :(

I'm kind of townreading Bizz, so I don't really have much to say about them either *shrugs*. I agree with your other issues with Proto, though.

Also fair enough on Mitsuki, but still would like a response about my issues with your Elieson case.

Oh, hi Prims. Sorry we killed you N1 that game. :(

--

Oh, I don't really have anything against Bizz, I just meant that they've posted pretty much triple anyone else has in this thread and so it's strange that Proto hasn't remarked about anything they have said, you know??

I don't really think Bizz's case on me is similar to my case on Elieson though. Unless Bizz has like meta reads on me or something. Part of it is due to meta, since IIRC town!Elie has a stronger presence, and Elie's style this game reminds me of how he played the last game I played (where he was scum). I don't think anything is inherently wrong with list posts, they just suck if they're oneliners with no real content in them.

Votals

BBM (3): Refa, Blitz, Kay/SB

Bearclaw (3): Levity, Boron, Marth

Refa (2): Weapons, BBM

Kay/SB (2): Rein, Mitsuki

Iris (2): scorri, FFM

Levity (1): Shinori

Proto (1): Weapons

Weapons (1): Elieson

Elieson (1): Iris

Mitsuki (1): Proto

Voteless Scum: Bearclaw, Belisarius, Eurykins

I think this is right?

@SB- tbh I didn't even see your vote; that last post took me like 2 hours to make. But I think I responded to your case? Scum care about what townies think about other townies because they need townies to mislynch other townies... if townies are finding other townies townie then they're more likely to find the scum scummy. This isn't my scum meta specifically (I brought up my own game bc it was the first thing that came to my head)- it's just something all scum don't want to happen.

Mituski's SKay vote is Bad; it's purely set-up spec that doesn't even count that she herself hosted a setup only several weeks back that had a town hydra slot. Like wtf???

ngl Proto's last post was so much better than his normal D1 town posts I'm seriously considering the possibility that someone else is feeding him stuff to say... like, I agree with everything he said about Mitsuki but seeing him vote people for setup-spec when he's often one of the first people to engage in it is weird. Can't exactly find him scummy for playing well but keeping my eye on him I guess.

Refa- is there more to your vote than what you said earlier?

oh I missed a bunch of page 7 posts

Not really sure what to say about me backing off Bizz after she expressed discomfort at me voting her while asking her a question except that I thought her reaction was townie, shrug. Don't know why I'd need to appease her before she even voted me or anything either.