Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 4 - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh also him claiming "Prims". Not sure what to make of that.

Why does this matter?

@Boron: how are you so sure of bearclaw? The reasons in your most recent post are like the most generic ones ever, which get misapplied to town all the time. Why is it unreasonable to think Via is not obvtown?

weapons i don't think that's what boron was saying

it's the way he said i wasn't obvtown that's scummy, amongst other things

he also used self-meta to try and dismiss the halfhearted shit he was spewing

err, misinterpreting it*

doop doop im gay and tired

I forgot about Mitsuki for a second because I'm stupid, but I could get behind a Mitsuki lynch today too.

@Boron: how are you so sure of bearclaw? The reasons in your most recent post are like the most generic ones ever, which get misapplied to town all the time. Why is it unreasonable to think Via is not obvtown?

How can anyone be "sure" of anyone or anything barring flips or night results? Also, it's not unreasonable to think that Via is not obv!town. While Via is leaning town to me, I don't think they are obvious town. My problem with bearclaw is that he just throws it out there without explaining why or expanding on it or going back on it.

Not finding someone obv!town doesn't mean that you can't still think they're leaning town. Basically, bear is not contributing and he's not explaining what reads or thoughts he DOES have. That's still scummy.

I would disagree; in fact, I would say that not giving reasons is a better indicator of town than scum. Not giving reasons as town commonly arises when the player reads the thread not really in depth, has some impressions, and posts them. Scum is more likely to tack on some reasoning perhaps to expressly avoid your kind of suspicion, which may get a bit roundabout, but that's the current state of things. As for not contributing, that's true of many other players as well. In this particular case, I have no recollection of what bearclaw actually posted and am phoneposting, but the reasons you've given are rather poor for the level of commitment you have to the read (what I mean by "sure"). You've seen plenty of times when the not contributing/not explaining ED1 flips town, no?

Yeah ok that rolespec is just bad Mitsuki ##Vote: Mitsuki

So what if they can be third, it doesn't mean they're harmful, now does it?

*ahem* Not interested in lynching bearclaw today just because of his Via comment. Yeah its bd but lynching him because of that is dumb. And also a lot of other people (including Yours Truly) need to contribute more so its unfair to call out bear for that.

BBM saying Proto's post is too good that someone else might be feeding him content sounds like scum trying to avoid signing off a potential mislynch/ making something that's generally good to look bad. The other thing though is signing off Iris as town is just weird to me so I don't feel as strong in this scumread yet.

Haven't bothered reading Refa but I wouldn't mind lynching him today because I haven't got town vibes from him yet.

STILL READING but I haven't really got any sort of priority hear nor have I got STRONG SCUMREADS but hopefully this situation will change.

that's literally not the only reason why people (and I) are voting bear why do people think that guys come on

I'm still not seeing it [the bear case]

wrt whoever asked me about my Weapons vote; I voted him because I found his claim to be terribly antitown and potential third. At that point, early in the phase, pressure on him seemed like the most logical thing to try. Nothing really happened, but I'm not going to continue to push a third-party.

Basically, Mitsuki's Rolespec is terrible and I'm a sheep but she hasn't responded to anything so that's a thing.

Iris doesn't like me because of effort + my casing on Weapons. The latter, I'll bite on, but the former shouldn't apply to anything, because it's activity based and meta based, and I'm not like you kids where I have more available time to mafia over the weekends. Her general casing is pretty solid though, I'm just peeved that half of the reason she's voting for me is because I usually have more of a presence.

SB reads to me as being more like a shit disturber; kinda pointing out every little thing, in an effort to spark town involvement on the subject matter, rather than pushing much beyond a "hey guys i noticed this" bit. His pressure on BBM was unexpected and the vote was bad and the unvote was worse.

Though the thing that gets to me the most is when people refer to their own meta in order to argue their innocence, and BBM did that. I also don't see how there's a BBM Vs Refa thing going on, but I'm not scumreading Refa, so if there's a stance in that, that I should be following, there's my position. Also BBM, why is Quote on your scumchart? You've implied nothing that would make the slot = scummy in the least. The only thing I can get from your blurb is the idea of other's perception of Quote, rather than Quote themself.

BBM >> SB > Mitsuki > {Weapons in here for being more likely antitown but I can't tell if scummy} > pretty much everyone else

I should read more closely into this game. Boron should confirm her vote reasoning...I can't tell if Bear is stil lthe person she finds most scummy or not, but she's reading as kinda forgettable. Shinori and Beli too...well, they should post anyway

##Unvote

##Vote BBM

Well I don't really know how to explain it but it bothered me. I feel like if he was town and he actually took issue with Weapons vote on me (the only other vote on me at the time) he would have at least reevaluated his lynch priority based on that if not change it.

So you think he's scum because he hasn't reposted his updated lynch priority because he disliked one thing Weapons did? What?

Also I don't see how my response to BBM was defensive since I was just being honest.

That was the way I read it, so meh.

@Weapons: just because townies do suboptimal things (not contributing is one of them) that get them lynched doesn't mean a scumtell is invalid or anything. If we start calling that null, we just let scum sit back and do nothing while town implodes on itself.

Yeah ok that rolespec is just bad Mitsuki ##Vote: Mitsuki

So what if they can be third, it doesn't mean they're harmful, now does it?

yeah we're the hydra rogue weak watcher survivor with 2 vig shots don't lynch us please

But seriously, is that the main problem you had with the post because this just looks like your priorities are terrible. What you said about BBM's Proto mention kind of made me think his play there is hypocritical, considering he was pushing bear for apparently trying to shut down his townread on Via.

I have no idea what Eli's case on me is supposed to be, or your case on BBM either. He used self-meta and then included a townread in his lynch priority to say that he would lynch other people over them? How is this scummy again?

I haven't read everything yet, so hold your horses. But I wanted to say something.

Also BBM, why is Quote on your scumchart? You've implied nothing that would make the slot = scummy in the least. The only thing I can get from your blurb is the idea of other's perception of Quote, rather than Quote themself.

Pretty sure BBM slated Bizz as his most town read???? Hence why they were at the end of the priority lynch list? Either I'm misreading or you are??

THINGS I remember that were in that post.

1. BBM, I think you said you were slightly suspsicious of Proto since you think his post improved like tenfold between post 2 and 3 (ugh, Proto, post more) and you think his mafia buddies are giving him things to say. I just want to say I disagree because I doubt his mafia buddies would give him ideas NOR would Proto ask for them, because he's a seasoned player and has been playing way longer than any of us have. It would just be weird, IMO.

2. Bizz, if you could explain the Bearclaw case (instead of saying that people are misunderstanding your reasons, please clearly state them, I'd appreciate it). I ISO'd his like three posts and I don't really get it, sure he seems pretty unhelpful but he hasn't posted since earlyish D1 and I feel like that's hard to go off of.

3. TBH, I'm really neutral towards Mitsuki, but I feel really disconcerted by everyone who wants to lynch her. I feel like she's an easy mislynch and she's only posted once so I definitely feel like lynching her wouldn't be as useful (with regards to generally looking at a person's reads after a lynch). On the other hand, if we do end up lynching her, and she turns up town, I would definitely scrutinize anyone who's had her on their scumlist so far.

4. Going off of point 3, finding a lynch target is really hard, since a lot of people who are mildly suspicious only have 1-3 posts, and it's really hard to analyze them. And assuming they're not scum (since there are TOO many of them), ..advantageous if you'd sub out if you aren't able to post (especially since y'all have been on). Like I would say you know who you are, but you're probably not even reading this thread. -_-

now i have to go look for quotes. sigh.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my Mitsuki post that I agree with everyone that her ONE post is scummy AF, but I feel like that isn't enough of a reason to lynch her?? Like 1 bad post and then inactivity reminds me of how we've lynched power roles D1 and stuff.

I'm going to get some lunch but I'll be back and respond to things and stuff, if anyone has any specific questions for me, just ask.

lol Elie what I wasn't using my meta to defend myself, I was using it as an example of something scum do to clarify my case on Bearclaw to SB. Also yeah what Iris said; Iris and Bizz are townreads, which is why they're at the bottom.

like Elie's post makes 0 sense because he talks about SB's vote on me being bad and then... votes me for a reason related to that. He dismisses Mitsuki just because she hasn't responded to anything- what? SB is scummy... why? What was bad about his vote and unvote on me?

going out for BRUNCH bbl

I am so not in the mood to play mafia (because of a headache) and considering how much I have to read/catch up on, it makes me feel worse about wanting to play (but if I don't post now, it will be a lot later and probably a lot more to catch up on)

anyways, going into mafia talk,

@SB, yes, I am pushing both sides of the BBM and Bizz cases and what Shinori said about Bizz sums up what I think of Bizz too (I hinted that in my previous post).

@BBM, you said you think Proto was being fed info, who do you think fed him the info? (as in, whose reading style does Proto's post sound like?)

I will agree with you that Elie's post makes zero sense (it could be cause of my headache, but I can't really make sense out of it.)

About Mitsuki, her post is seriously bad, but it wouldn't have been if she was posting it while RVS was going on. I am thinking she didn't read the game very well and quickly came up with an issue to make it look like she is contributing. Will agree to lynch her.

@Bizz, regarding your reply, I still think you are too self-conscience and over-cautious and your replies sound the same way. I believe scum are always more self-conscience and over-cautious and that is a pretty good reason to scum read you. I also agree with Iris that you really should explain your case on Bear because as it stands, the cases on Bear are weaker than mine on you. I really don't see the issue with him calling the read on you not obv!town. I also do not see any issue with his self-meta cause it sounds more like a joke than anything else. Bear reads to me like some guy who doesn't want to vote in RVS but joke around at the same time. The stuff for which he is bad is that he didn't out what his read on you (or any actual ones for that matter) is and what the reason for it is, but he didn't answer that because of inactivity and basically his main issue is inactivity and not placing an RVS vote and therefore, basically, you are trying to lynch an inactive (this actually goes for everyone voting for Bear IMO, unless you can explain the case on him to me to be better than what I mentioned). Bear votes were pretty good for early phase, but not so good now, they are basically prodvotes/ inactive lynching votes.

After iso'ing you, I also realized none of your posts other than your reaction test on Bear actually tries to generate content from others and I don't like that either. (my issue with your posts is that you seem to be passively dropping some reads on people instead of attacking/ questioning people you find weird). The fact that you aren't properly explaining the Bear case also makes you as bad as Bear by your standards, no?

@Refa, at the point I made the post, I thought all 3 should post more. I still think all 3 should post more while Proto is better than the rest and Beli is the worst (I don't like Beli while the other two are null reads)

@Beli, you say "yay! game" and yet you decide to vanish. This shows how much enthusiasm you truly had regarding this game, no?

by your meta on scum, I would say you are very likely scum. If we are going for an inactive lynch, I would like Beli lynched (right after Mitsuki)

@Psych, what do you think of BBM, Refa (cause you said you are not accountable for him) and Bizz. Also, what do you think of the Bear cases and the inactives?

I don't like how Psych is sitting on the sidelines and making witty comments instead of actually posting stuff or trying to scum hunt.

This game, I am null reading most of the people and whoever I am not null reading, I am seeing scum intent and I normally have too many townreads in most games I play unlike this one. I am actually going to end this post here because of being unable to keep up.

Also should I claim if there's less than 24 hours because I feel like I'll be busy due to a bunch of schoolwork that I have to do. Don't worry my claim is TOWNIE AS FUCK*.

*MAY BE A COMPLETE LIE

Blitz since literally only you think I'm scum for things I always do I'm just gonna like. Reply to your stuff halfheartedly. Because I'm not gonna spend too much time defending myself. Sorry

And yes I would also like votals because it looks like we are not lynching Bear today and I wanna know who I need to reread bc I don't have time to reread everyone unfortunately

BBM (3): Refa, Blitz, Elieson

Refa (3): Weapons, BBM, Kay/SB

Bearclaw (2): Levity, Boron

Iris (2): scorri, FFM

Mitsuki (2): Proto, Marth

Kay/SB (1): Mitsuki

Levity (1): Shinori

Proto (1): Weapons

Elieson (1): Iris

Blitz (1): Rein

Voteless (3): Bearclaw, Belisarius, Eurykins

If these are wrong I blame Paperblade.