Ragnarok Online Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Why are you so mad, Prims?

why expend this much effort on a null read even if you don't like the wagon? what do you want the players voting eury to be doing instead?

Wagons were 6/5, and I could see people switching to Eury just because Bltiz is not here, like Zerosabers did. I want Blitz to be lynched, so I argued against cases on him. I guess I should have talked about all of the scumreads but that would have been effort, so I went for the people who were actually voting Eury. Now that I think about it that may not have been the best idea.

her read on me was always bad but it's 1000x worse now that she says not trying to get out of RVS isn't scummy because that means it's 100% meta and anybody with a decent grip on how I play should know I will tactically lurk as town D1 depending on the situation esp. in games with more posts

Not getting out of RVS =/= not posting. I can't comment on the full extent of this read and if you think twice about it you'll realize why. For now though, let's say that my wording wasn't precise.

"You are a passive suspicion, but that's because I'm waiting for you to post more content." why were you not trying to get me to post more relevant content?

Because you'd eventually do it, so why bother with the effort.

This is more of a personal thing, I know it's not good play. I could elaborate on it though, if you feel like my answer is not enough.

"if you think what I'm doing doesn't fit my town play why are you doing nothing about it" I was I was trying to goad you into saying something relevant to me if you were town with a bad read I seriously hope you weren't expecting for a vote at this point in the day. What was the point of this question.

I was just trying to come up with a question that could mirror the one you asked me, since I was beginning to lean town on you and I wanted you to realize that your question was dumb. Didn't work as expected, but it gave me a more accurate read on you. And it also made you more involved in the game.

buddying shyguy was pointless, blitz vote is OK but the entire system of "hey the person who isn't actively posting in-thread is the one who makes the votes" sucks. why blitz over 3rdcorinthian?

I'm not sure about what you mean. Blitz > 3rdCorinthian because that's how I feel about my cases and I'd rather lynch a scummy inactive than a scummy active player.

they're not anything I couldn't put out as scum and you know this, please get dead

That's what you think, but not what I think.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V-V-V-Votals!

Blitz (7): Koneko/Mitsuki, King Gilgamesh, Eurykins, prims, SuperShyGuy94, Refa, The3rdCorinthian (L-2)

Eurykins (5): Izhuark, Crysta, Life, zerosabers, Lord Gaius

Crysta (2): SB., Baldrick

Life (1): Blitz

Refa (1): Executive Kirsche

Voteless (1): Faerie Knight

7 Hours and 15 minutes remain in phase. A Hammer of 9 votes will end phase immediately, but with no hammer, Day 1 will still end with a lynch on the single player with the most votes.

Sub Requests:
1. Faerie Knight
2. Lord Gaius

Mitsuki, why have you shifted from complaining when people question each other's cases from writing long wallposts about why the Eury wagon is bad?

Because it's almost phase end. I commented on this before.

I don't know what to say about you thinking my attitude is fake because it isn't, it's just uncommon for me from your point of view.

one last thing before sleep, I don't like SB's response to me telling him to do something about my gut read being "No." because it's not clever or anything but it's not an attempt to actually change my read so my thought is that he gave a non-response because he didn't wanna seem evasive but also couldn't say anything genuine and didn't want to look self-conscious

again, mafia armchair psych but whatever. his content's not that great and if there's a scum member specifically trying to avoid being tied to a wagon today it's him

one last thing before sleep, I don't like SB's response to me telling him to do something about my gut read being "No." because it's not clever or anything but it's not an attempt to actually change my read so my thought is that he gave a non-response because he didn't wanna seem evasive but also couldn't say anything genuine and didn't want to look self-conscious

again, mafia armchair psych but whatever. his content's not that great and if there's a scum member specifically trying to avoid being tied to a wagon today it's him

My response is based on the fact that I'm actually not trying my hardest earlygame because it usually ends up in me getting burnt out by the time everyone starts wallposting, N1 killed, or annoyed when things go wrong that are out of my control (see: all of Time Travel Mafia).

I'll admit my content isn't great because of this and I actually got kind of confused when Baldrick asked me about Refa playing differently because I felt like there was a way bigger difference in my play this game from my normal play than there was in Refa's but forgot to bring this up at the time.

Baldrick, why are you asking Gaius about how his townreads were helpful when iirc you ignored 3rd's question about who everyone's townreads were?

actually, @Prims: do you think playing League may be accountable for SB's bad play? Serious question.

I noticed that SB was too passive earlier in the game but I thought it was null since it could just be that. Not trying to devalue your read, I'd just like to see someone else's thoughts on the matter. It's hard to come up with proper wording.

Okay, having trawled through some stuff, here's my main thoughts right now:

Townreads on Refa and shyguy, but those 2 are fairly obvious. I'm also town reading Baldrick, since he seems to have a pretty good focus on trying to scumhunt whilst also giving input in other conversations. Also, whilst he may be focusing on Crysta, he's not just attacking her. I think that if Bald was scum he'd be a it more aggressive in his read.

Null on gaius. I've tried reading through his posts, but i can't really feel him being scum or town. I think that Life is null, because his attitude makes it hard to determine whether or not the aggressiveness with which he's focusing Eury is entirely his NOC hate, or partly him as mafia trying to force a wagon forwards. Crysta is here too, since her initial Eury read was very suspect and nitpicky, but most of her later posts have been of at least decent quality. Not to mention he's hasn't snapped back when answering Baldricks questions, so this could eventually become a townread.

Blitz is, of course, number 1 candidate to be scum. Posting weak questions and vanishing without a trace is pretty suspicious. Right now, my next best guess for scum would have to be Zerosabers. Reading through her posts, she seems pretty defensive towards Blitz. The only times she even mentions Blitz are when defending his questions, Or mentioning how he'd rather not vote Blitz over Eury. Not to mention she never states exactly what she finds about the posts she mentions indicates Eury to be scummier than Blitz. If Blitz does not flip scum, i'm fairly sure (not 100%, never that) we can disregard this, but if he does, I'm going to be asking Zero a few questions.

I feel that, If we know who people in general think is town, we can begin to plan and take steps in the night phase, since Mafia would be more likely to go after those who the majority think is town. However, this is a TERRIBLE idea in reterospect, as NOC means that they'd see that, go for someone irrelevant, prep and push another wagon, and move on. So my question is basically a moot point.

VOTALS!

Blitz (7) : Eurykins, King Gilgamesh, Prims, SuperShyguy94, Koneko/Mitsune, Refa, The3rdCorinthian

Eurykins (5) : Izuhark, Gaius, Zerosabers, Crysta, Life

Crysta (2) : SB, baldrick

Refa (1) : Executive Kirsche

Life (1) : Blitz

Not voting (1): Fairy Knight

Day 1 ends in 5 hours 30 minutes, or when a hammer of 9 votes is achieved. If no hammer is achieved by the end of day 1, the slot with the highest number of votes will be lynched.

Edited by The3rdCorinthian

Also, everybody, Who's you're biggest Townread right now? Mines Refa.

Prims/SB. I don't get what the point of this question is.

subbing out is *shrug* (im scorri)

Okay, just ignore the first one of those because he's confirmed scum.

-I agree with SB that 3rd would be less likely to do a full analysis of the Eury wagon as scum.

-What bothers me the most about Mitsuki (Prims brought up some good points as well but I'm satisfied with her response) is that she's started to gun for Blitz's lynch really hard late into the day even though it'd be a miracle if he wasn't lynched. Blitz just made ONE post, how do you have that kind of conviction?

Feel free to ask me questions if you want to know my thoughts on current matters (anything I didn't comment on either didn't bother me or I missed it).

OK nevermind, you answered my first issue. Scum has a general idea of the towniest players anyways, so not outing townreads is going to do fuck all to change that. I'm just not doing it because it's more effort on my end to do something that won't even help progress the game.

-What bothers me the most about Mitsuki (Prims brought up some good points as well but I'm satisfied with her response) is that she's started to gun for Blitz's lynch really hard late into the day even though it'd be a miracle if he wasn't lynched. Blitz just made ONE post, how do you have that kind of conviction?

My conviction hasn't changed. More than having a lot of conviction on Blitz being scum, I have a lot of conviction that doing what I'm doing is what I should be doing. I'm pretty convinced that Blitz is scum though. Also what I replied to Prims.

V-V-V-Votals!

Blitz (7): Koneko/Mitsuki, King Gilgamesh, Eurykins, prims, SuperShyGuy94, Refa, The3rdCorinthian (L-2)

Eurykins (5): Izhuark, Crysta, Life, zerosabers, Lord Gaius

Crysta (2): SB., Baldrick

Life (1): Blitz

Refa (1): Executive Kirsche

Voteless (1): Faerie Knight

Sub Requests:
1. Faerie Knight
2. Lord Gaius

1 Hour and 55 minutes remain in phase. A Hammer of 9 votes will end phase immediately, but with no hammer, Day 1 will still end with a lynch on the single player with the most votes.

@3rdCorinthian: Why did you analyze the votes on Eury? What is exactly your instance on Blitz, when did you begin to scumreading him and why?

I analysed the votes on Eury since i was curious what made her get the second highest wagon. I wanted to read through those posts myself and make my decision rather than just jumping on a wagon because its what all the cool kids were doing.

I had a smaller scumread when some of the people who have played with him in the past noted that his questions didn't match his usual playstyle, as well as many of them being fairly weak questions. This scumread might have gone away had Blitz come back and enlightened us, but his exceedingly long absence has only made the size of that reading grow.

But, as I stated before, Blitz has not only been away from the game, but elsewhere (Skype) as well. That doesn't make him any more likely to flip either alignment.

Having that in mind, what are your thoughts on him?

hmmm... I do think that its certainly possible that there might be something in his real life that means he's not been able to update, But that doesn't mean he's not scum. It just means he's having real world problems. All the same, it does take away from his scum reading quit a bit. I'm not sure if i shold or shouldn't take my vote off Blitz, since he's still scummier for me than Eury is, and if the eury wagon doesn't change in size, Blitz is going to be lynched anyway.

I am admittedly relying on other peoples reads for Blitz, since you and a few others (e.g. King Gil) did claim to note something wrong in his playstyle. I haven't played mafia with blitz before - Helll, i haven't played mafia before - so I have no idea how to compare his metas.

Wait, why are you talking about voting Eury? Weren't you townreading Eury?

I don't like that reply because it avoids my question of how that would factor in his Blitz read and instead goes to talk about switching wagons. To be honest the whole change of reads in Blitz (and Eury) through the whole game looks weird to me, which is why I was aksing about it in the first place. To be more precise, it feels as if 3rdCorinthian's just caring about being in the right wagon, instead of being in the wagon that lynches scum.

I'll think about this more in case I'm just biased towards preserving my reads but I should at least bring it up.