Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@BANRYU "Perfect Expert" ir (arguably) marginally better than "Mr Perfect" that Tsubaki gets in Fates as well :P: (I mean both are pretty awkward but hey)

9 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Don't know why, the first thing that came to my mind with "Paragon Knight" was Geoffrey since he joins with this skill. 

I always associate the skill with Astrid rather than Geoffrey. In fact I didn't even remember he joins with it.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I always associate the skill with Astrid rather than Geoffrey. In fact I didn't even remember he joins with it.

Yeah, same here, since Astrid actually comes with it in both Tellius games while Geoffrey only gets it in PoR. Though another reason I forgot he had it there is because I never use him in that game.

In my mind, Knight refers rather to Geoffrey than Astrid so it came naturally. But Xander's great too by the way. 

Hope the next video will finally show Caeda's artwork. Let's hope her skirt will be just a tiny bit longer than Hinoka's.

Oh and Marth or another Lord in action too.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

13 hours ago, Birdy said:

Eh? If it comes out Feb 2nd, 23.59 Japan time, how could it possibly come out on Februari 1st for you? xD

Because I'm on Hawaiian time! :P:

(actually, it's because time zones are super-de-duper weird here.  That would be something like 6 or 7 AM my time, though if it was posted after work in Japan, it would be February 1 here.  Hooray for being one of the last time zones ever!)

---

Hey, new video!  Rather than complain about the art, I found a handful of artist's other works/sites.  Should be SFW, but didn't really dig into accounts.

fuzichoco
HACCAN's previous stuff
mayo
Tsukasa Kotobuki

For example, my original thoughts on Ursula was "huh, someone does a worse job with boobs than lack".  After looking at that artist's work, it turns out that's one of his better illustrations.

Edited by eclipse

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here, since Astrid actually comes with it in both Tellius games while Geoffrey only gets it in PoR. Though another reason I forgot he had it there is because I never use him in that game.

I'm pretty sure that Geoffrey, like Astrid, has Paragon on both games.

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm pretty sure that Geoffrey, like Astrid, has Paragon on both games.

Yes, he does. Simply looking at the character data for Geoffrey under FE10 on the SF main page will tell you that.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ok so get this...you need 1 GB of free space to get this game!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/272825-nintendo-customer-service-recommends-1-gb-of-free-space-for-fire#comments

Granted, this is better than Phantom of the Kill which costs 2.2 GB but when you consider that this game doesn't need internet to play it and really doesn't use THAT much of power, you have to wonder why so much of space? Its not like you can use more than 10 units since the maps are very small even.

6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ok so get this...you need 1 GB of free space to get this game!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/272825-nintendo-customer-service-recommends-1-gb-of-free-space-for-fire#comments

Granted, this is better than Phantom of the Kill which costs 2.2 GB but when you consider that this game doesn't need internet to play it and really doesn't use THAT much of power, you have to wonder why so much of space? Its not like you can use more than 10 units since the maps are very small even.

Given the nature of the game, it very likely is always-online.

Also tons of HD character sprites with full animations, not to mention unique HQ sound files for each and every one of them.

Ok look....I'm sorry to just well be complaining here and there...If you guys like the game for what it is so far, then great all the more power to you..

Its just that....I'm not so used to the character design being changed like this when asking for the previous artists for the older games was a good move instead.

I get why they wanted new artwork for the characters which is to help them to be fresh and all...I only hope that eventually as I said before that there may be more different character designs for the same unit.

Well for the first thing you said, 1GB really isn't much of anything at all, especially nowadays. I some know people put stuffs on their phones and it can eat up the space, but it's not like they're lacking the space to be able to do so, if you catch my drift. Imagine being in the era where 1024 MB was heralded.

Second thing: I'm not seeing what artistic preference has to do with liking the game... Your stance(?) is very strange and I don't quite get what you're trying to say either...

Alternatively: what Midir asked works as well

Edited by Soledai

2 hours ago, Soledai said:

Second thing: I'm not seeing what artistic preference has to do with liking the game... Your stance(?) is very strange and I don't quite get what you're trying to say either...

Alternatively: what Midir asked works as well

Well I saw that some of the art designs are left questionable like how Roy is drawn compared to Smash or how now...Eliwood is odd looking unlike before.

Art preference may not ruin the liking of the game but personally, I find some of the art jarring to look at compared to the originals/ciphers. 

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Well I saw that some of the art designs are left questionable like how Roy is drawn compared to Smash or how now...Eliwood is odd looking unlike before.

Art preference may not ruin the liking of the game but personally, I find some of the art jarring to look at compared to the originals/ciphers. 

Well, character style consistency been thrown out the window due to the fact that each character is being drawn by a different artist so you'll see plenty of "clashing" styles. As for Roy, Smash!Roy isn't canon and looks nothing like his true FE6 counterpart while Eliwood never really had any official Knight Lord art done before (well, there's his Cipher cards but we never got a full body shot)for him before that wasn't his sprite which didn't have great detail. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

Ok look....I'm sorry to just well be complaining here and there...If you guys like the game for what it is so far, then great all the more power to you..

Its just that....I'm not so used to the character design being changed like this when asking for the previous artists for the older games was a good move instead.

I get why they wanted new artwork for the characters which is to help them to be fresh and all...I only hope that eventually as I said before that there may be more different character designs for the same unit.

Getting other non-FE related artists is something they do for Cipher and did for some of the Awakening DLC art.

They do have some artists from previous FE media there.  Ryouma was drawn by Senri Kita, who did the art for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and Marth's DLC artwork, and Lyn and Narcian were drawn by Koutarou Yamada, the artist of Hasha no Tsurugi/Champion's Sword (a side manga for FE6) as well as Ephraim's DLC artwork.

They're not obligated to use only a few artists.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

They're not obligated to use only a few artists.

I just want to add to this that with the sheer size of the cast it also wouldn't really be possible to have a select few artists do them all, with everyone getting 3 different artwork and likely less time scheduled for it than full console games.

< Isn't the biggest fan of all the art in this game either

< remembers the game is free and is probably going to have hundreds of characters by the end of its lifespan

< decides not to complain about it too much

4 hours ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I wonder if they will put something like bonding events with your unit in like in phantom of the kill or fate grand order. I wouldn't mind some ship teasing in the game like Robin with Lucina or with anyone really.

I think some support bonuses might work really well, as if Dual Bonus but without Attk/Guard. It's pretty plausible imo.

@Harvey The size is pretty much good to me, as its what most games weigh nowadays. For instance, you can grab a game like Summoners Wars which is like 20mb but when you run it you'll have to wait like an hour due to updates and the size of the game will increase considerably; Mobius is 1.8gb (with updates and all), and the game is pretty simple (not complex in number of enemies, complex maps, etc.), its design and hd quality is what make it take the space. And regarding art preference, what can I tell you, though? The worst you can do is ignore the game and keep up with life; the best you can do is give it a try and consider it worth or not, so.

On 1/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

I highly doubt it's an Echoes advertisement right now, we've yet to see anyone from Gaiden.

If we're being technical, the Whitewing sisters are all in Gaiden. Palla, Catria and Est. Seeing as Catria was in the trailer...

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

I think some support bonuses might work really well, as if Dual Bonus but without Attk/Guard. It's pretty plausible imo.

@Harvey The size is pretty much good to me, as its what most games weigh nowadays. For instance, you can grab a game like Summoners Wars which is like 20mb but when you run it you'll have to wait like an hour due to updates and the size of the game will increase considerably; Mobius is 1.8gb (with updates and all), and the game is pretty simple (not complex in number of enemies, complex maps, etc.), its design and hd quality is what make it take the space. And regarding art preference, what can I tell you, though? The worst you can do is ignore the game and keep up with life; the best you can do is give it a try and consider it worth or not, so.

They probably would unlock a new skill or something similar to phantom of the kill. I can see banter gacha with popular characters have people buying crystal like crazy