Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

@ILikeKirbys, Rauðrraven; the letter is ð, called “eth.” Sounds like “th” in “that.”

Huh. I've been pronouncing it Rawr-raven, and I don't think my phone has that weird o thing (my comp might, I'll check when I'm not at work). But, thanks for the help, mate.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I read what we know about skill inheritance correctly, it doesn't matter what rarity the sacrificed character is, you will always inherit the entire skill tree, but you will have to learn the skills from the ground up.

My best guess is sacrificing a 4-star Ogma will give you access to Brave Sword and Brave Sword+, both unlearned. I doubt you'll have to re-learn Iron Sword and Steel Sword, or at least I hope you don't. Whether or not it will add to rather than replace the existing Armorslayer and Armorslayer+ is not yet known, but my guess right now is add.

Didn't know that. Guess I'll toss her my 4-Star Ogma's Brave Sword then, if she'll be stuck with that until I get 20k feathers anyway (or 40/60k, dunno if I'll promote her, Sharena or Nino to 5-Star first).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for whether or not it's a good idea, it probably is. Hana is a player phase nuke and even with the Atk and Spd penalties from a Brave Sword, she is still one-round killing everything she used to, but now without fear of counterattack. She also adds +Spd Lyn, Eldigan, all of the blue tomes, =Spd Catria, and +Spd Minerva to the list of enemies she can one-round kill.

In return, she'll be less effective on enemy phase as she loses out on double attacks that she used to get, but that's probably not an issue since you don't want to be attacked on enemy phase anyways.

Glad to hear I had a good idea here. Now to decide between Moonbow/Luna (could help against armors, and guarantee kills for Hana), Miracle (probably Maria-locked, and even if it isn't I don't have a Maria to pilfer it from, but just imagine a Hana that doesn't immediately die when she gets hit), and Galeforce (because more Player Phase for Hana can only be a good thing). That first two are basically just there to make fighting armors a possibility (probably have too much DEF otherwise), and I'm not sure if I want Moonbow to do it more often or Luna to do it better, the third thing just lets Hana not die once, which is probably good, but probably requires Dancer support to charge it, and Galeforce's benefits are obvious, but again probably requires a Dancer to see it happen (though with all of these, Brave Sword auto-doubles should help tick down the counter much faster).

Also, does Hana lose out on that many double attacks? I mean, 39 SPD (if I calculated that right in my previous post; I'm assuming she has 44 SPD without it at 5 Stars (even though mine's 4 at the moment, going with 5 because I will be promoting her at some point) with no SPD boon/bane, is this the right number?) is still doubling quite a few characters, yeah?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, does Hana lose out on that many double attacks? I mean, 39 SPD (if I calculated that right in my previous post; I'm assuming she has 44 SPD without it at 5 Stars (even though mine's 4 at the moment, going with 5 because I will be promoting her at some point) with no SPD boon/bane, is this the right number?) is still doubling quite a few characters, yeah?

Hana has 41 speed with Life/Death 3 equipped, from what I understand, or a natural 36 speed before natures. 41 doubles a lot

Hey everyone. I just got back from my class trip and haven't been on my phone this week. Have there been any updates or leaks in the last few days? Also who is winning the gauntlet?

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Hey everyone. I just got back from my class trip and haven't been on my phone this week. Have there been any updates or leaks in the last few days? Also who is winning the gauntlet?

Lucina is unsurprisingly dominating, while Chrom and Ephraim are neck and neck and literally trading the lead back and forth like constantly. Also, Ursula has a grand hero battle right now.

I'm deciding to ditch Sully, but not until the skill inheritance comes out. I don't know who I'll give her skills to yet, but I'll decide eventually.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lucina is unsurprisingly dominating, while Chrom and Ephraim are neck and neck and literally trading the lead back and forth like constantly. Also, Ursula has a grand hero battle right now.

I'm deciding to ditch Sully, but not until the skill inheritance comes out. I don't know who I'll give her skills to yet, but I'll decide eventually.

Oh damn, I don't really have any idea how it works but I guess it's time to fight for team Ephraim!

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Oh damn, I don't really have any idea how it works but I guess it's time to fight for team Ephraim!

Yay, he needs a bit of help right now!

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Hana has 41 speed with Life/Death 3 equipped, from what I understand, or a natural 36 speed before natures. 41 doubles a lot

Oh, I see my mistake now. I was using +SPD Hana's numbers. Neutral SPD after Brave Sword and Life and Death 3 cancel each other out is 36, which is... still probably a great number, but she isn't going to double as many enemies as I had hoped. Still, with automatic Brave doubles, and enough SPD to still probably double all Brave weapon users, and 51 base ATK thanks to being +ATK, Brave Sword+ Hana is probably still gonna be a great nuke.

Thanks for the correction, mate.

So I was thinking just how terrifying Xane in this game would be. I mean, sure, it could provide some interesting new strategies having a second copy of a certain unit...but then you could be fighting two Hectors or two Takumis. No thanks. :/

12 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So I was thinking just how terrifying Xane in this game would be.

STOP

GIVING THEM

IDEAS! lol

Edited by Arcanite

finally got ursula after using wendy to block the ninjas. took really long but it made it fairly easy

ursula seems okay but i don't get why they needed to add her whole "perfection" gimmick

it makes her seem a lot more weird and crazy than she originally was

at first I thought it might've been slightly in the game but then I realized I was thinking of sonia. i don't get why they felt the need to do this

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

So I was thinking just how terrifying Xane in this game would be. I mean, sure, it could provide some interesting new strategies having a second copy of a certain unit...but then you could be fighting two Hectors or two Takumis. No thanks. :/

Aaaah, but I want xane! Give him a sword or whatever, i will be satisfied ;-;

1 hour ago, Maymeimai said:

Aaaah, but I want xane! Give him a sword or whatever, i will be satisfied ;-;

Couldn't they make him a regular manakete?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Couldn't they make him a regular manakete?

Wasn't there something that prevented Xane from assuming dragon form?  It's been a while since I paid any attention to Archanea's narrative at all, but I vaguely remember something like that...

1 hour ago, unique said:

finally got ursula after using wendy to block the ninjas. took really long but it made it fairly easy

ursula seems okay but i don't get why they needed to add her whole "perfection" gimmick

it makes her seem a lot more weird and crazy than she originally was

at first I thought it might've been slightly in the game but then I realized I was thinking of sonia. i don't get why they felt the need to do this

It's actually not that far-fetched as Ursula worships Sonia as a figure of perfection. She questions Jaffar why he serves perfection in the form of their masters but dares to challenge them.

What I think is that they're pulling that trait longer showing her that way. I would've prefered an honorable, loyal, yet cold woman as she is depicted in Blazing Blade.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wasn't there something that prevented Xane from assuming dragon form?  It's been a while since I paid any attention to Archanea's narrative at all, but I vaguely remember something like that...

Maybe, like you, I don't remember the finer details of Marthland all that well.  If they kept his cloning abilities, I guess they could give him a low base HP, so he'd be a bit like Ditto in Pokemon, either that or he only cloned stats and weapon, but keeps his own Skills.

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yup. He exhausted his Dragonstone uses and couldn't turn into a dragon anymore. Tiki was meant to be the only Divine Dragon that could, and even Gotoh exhausted his Dragonstone.

And this was back when you couldn't just buy Dragonstones from a shop, seriously how in the hell did they become suddenly more common in Awakening when he actually see fewer dragons than we did in Archanea

Edited by Extrasolar

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

And this was back when you couldn't just buy Dragonstones from a shop, seriously how in the hell did they become suddenly more common in Awakening when he actually see fewer dragons than we did in Archanea

Maybe those Dragonstones you buy are all the leftover stones from the Dragons that had died out.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Maybe those Dragonstones you buy are all the leftover stones from the Dragons that had died out.

That's actually a really depressing thought though. All the dead dragons getting their magical stones taken. I mean, dragons in Archanea already got the short end of the stick, this just seems like adding insult to injury...but I guess a dead dragon doesn't need the stone anymore.

On topic though, I really like your idea for Xane, making him keep his own HP (which would be on the low end) and maybe even his own skills while just copying stats. That would make him far, far more balanced. And I might not cry every time I faced him. Lol.

10 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup. He exhausted his Dragonstone uses and couldn't turn into a dragon anymore. Tiki was meant to be the only Divine Dragon that could, and even Gotoh exhausted his Dragonstone.

Well, there was a Secret Shop with dragonstones in FE12, iirc... where they got them, my guess is a possible black market for them... 

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

That's actually a really depressing thought though. All the dead dragons getting their magical stones taken. I mean, dragons in Archanea already got the short end of the stick, this just seems like adding insult to injury...but I guess a dead dragon doesn't need the stone anymore.

On topic though, I really like your idea for Xane, making him keep his own HP (which would be on the low end) and maybe even his own skills while just copying stats. That would make him far, far more balanced. And I might not cry every time I faced him. Lol.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Well, there was a Secret Shop with dragonstones in FE12, iirc... where they got them, my guess is a possible black market for them... 

They stole them from Earth Dragons.

16 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Actually, no, he didn't exhausted it. He "traded" (not in the literal sense of giving the stone away) it away for the power to transform into anything else BUT a dragon.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Considering that shop is in the Ice Dragon Temple, in the middle of the dragon tribes land, it might not be that hard to guess.