Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Y'know, for some reason, I feel like the CYL banner does not exist or if it did, it was replaced by the Tempest Trials. Some might say masked Lucina would be a cop-out of a special costume, but part of me feels like the next Tempest Trials might end up having Ike, Lyn, and Roy as character rewards -- not all at once, like the next one could be Elibe with Lyn as a reward. PoR Lord Ike could be his special costume, RD Ike could easily show up as a freebie Ike, or an axe-wielding version of RD Ike, Lyn could show up as an archer or perhaps a Blade Lord wielding the Mani Katti, and Roy, er... I dunno what they could do with him other than make him a cavalier. Ike would probably have to be last of the four since there's only 4 other Tellius units and there would need to be a couple more maps from Tellius.

The summer banner lasting a month might be a way to cover for the fact everyone has a shot at getting a free 5* unit monthly or perhaps 2 per month. At the same time, who knows, the summer banner could run alongside a new units banner.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

One month on the Summer banner is unfortunate, but at least we'll have 1.5.0's new game mode and TT adjustments to tide us over for a while.  Looks like a lot of new QoL changes, too.

Chain Challenge and Squad Assault will be added to Story Maps. Both modes challenge you to play a series of maps.

OMG

Clear Chain Challenge on Normal and Hard to earn Hero Feathers, and clear on Lunatic to earn Orbs.

Ohmaigerd

Squad Assault is a very difficult mode where Heroes will be captured by the enemy after completing a map. Once captured, they cannot be deployed again until the challenge ends. Clear this mode to earn Sacred Seals and Orbs!

HOLY FUCK

PERMANENT VOLUNTARY TEMPEST TRIAL IS ACTUALLY FUCKING REAL

If the CYL banner is still a thing, I hope it'll bring some new characters ... especially some new 3-star characters. I'm getting tired of seeing the same crew over and over again, especially when I haven't even gotten every 3-star character yet.

EDIT: Oh fuck, that actually sounds interesting @ above information

Edited by Sunwoo

I just realized something with barracks size being increased from 500 to 1000: @Ice Dragon could section off 100 to 500 slots for Ninian. Would you do it? Would you surround yourself with hundreds of the cutest ice waifu? :p

Edited by Kaden

One month eh? Don't care about the trial banner, I'll figure out whatever happens. Going to dump orbs into pulling these special units, if I can get two Freds that would be great. Seal ATK/SPD + Rogue Dagger would make Matthew virtually invincible.

Just hoping a Lyn banner doesn't pop up in the midst of this.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Huh, we can expand our barracks from 500 to 1000? ATTN @Ice Dragon

https://serenesforest.net/2017/06/29/heroes-brings-ylissean-summer-banner-v-1-5-update/

Full details reveal sorta-secret DoubleSP weekends, from now until (end of time?)!

HOLY HELL UPDATES

Those actually sound really neat! Depending on how repeatable and difficult the Chain Challenge and Squad Assault are, we might not even need daily orbs to be back! That, and the fixes to Tempest Trials... can it be? Does IntSys actually listen to us? Who woulda thunk it?

We probably are getting the CYL banner after the Summer Banner ends, guys. They did say the CYL Banner was gonna be available after Summer, so no need to despair

But still, why such a long banner...? I do hope we get more new units in another banner later on!

Just read the new stuff. The modes are AMAZING. Not only are they an additional source of goodies but they encourage using and leveling multiple units.

One OMGDESTROYEVERYTHING team is no longer the meta. I'm in love with it. Modes can't come quick enough. Can't wait. All the other stuff is just icing on the cake, particularly double SP weekends.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Just read the new stuff. The modes are AMAZING. Not only are they an additional source of goodies but they encourage using and leveling multiple units.

One OMGDESTROYEVERYTHING team is no longer the meta. I'm in love with it. Modes can't come quick enough. Can't wait.

Well, its still the meta on everything else besides Tempest Trials (debatable as I did plenty of one team runs in Lunatic) and Squad Assault. Regular maps, special maps, grand hero battles, Arena, Voting Gauntlet... one team that destroys everything is still the meta there :p

1 minute ago, Doof said:

Well, its still the meta on everything else besides Tempest Trials (debatable as I did plenty of one team runs in Lunatic) and Squad Assault. Regular maps, special maps, grand hero battles, Arena, Voting Gauntlet... one team that destroys everything is still the meta there :p

Squad Assault supposedly takes away the teams you clear each map with. Forcing you to switch, rather than hoping the maps are hard enough to knock out members of your team.

Any word on how long the squad assault maps are? I have a couple of alternate teams other than my primary team, and tempest trials gave me an idea of how to build my teams effectively and what my underused units' strengths are. However, if the maps are too long, I'll run out of usable characters!

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Squad Assault supposedly takes away the teams you clear each map with. Forcing you to switch, rather than hoping the maps are hard enough to knock out members of your team.

That's.... exactly what I said? I said one team destroying everything is still the meta on everything else BUT Tempest Trials and Squad Assault.

And it takes one unit away from the team, not the whole team, no?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Any word on how long the squad assault maps are? I have a couple of alternate teams other than my primary team, and tempest trials gave me an idea of how to build my teams effectively and what my underused units' strengths are. However, if the maps are too long, I'll run out of usable characters!

Considering it requires at least 20 units for you to attempt the mode, I'm gonna assume 5 maps minimum?

Just now, Doof said:

That's.... exactly what I said? I said one team destroying everything is still the meta on everything else BUT Tempest Trials and Squad Assault.

Oh my bad, I mixed up the order in which you named the modes.

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

One month eh? Don't care about the trial banner, I'll figure out whatever happens. Going to dump orbs into pulling these special units, if I can get two Freds that would be great. Seal ATK/SPD + Rogue Dagger would make Matthew virtually invincible.

Just hoping a Lyn banner doesn't pop up in the midst of this.

Hmm now that I think about it, I wonder if Seal Atk/Spd would work with Life and Death + Firesweep Lance/Bow builds?

Firesweep takes away the opponent's ability to counter attack so LaD's defense drops aren't as big of an issue if you ORKO the enemy. Seal Atk/Spd sounds like it could be an interesting insurance skill in case you can't ORKO your target? In theory it should offset some of the Def/Res drop from LaD.

Also looks like squad assault will force me to train multiple Olivias since I don't have any other dancers.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, you're still just gonna have Nino clear the new stuff.

Oh no, you misunderstand

I'm not saying heroes was boring for me. That's why it was in quotation marks XD Heroes is ALWAYS fun for me!

Some people were complaining they had nothing else to do in game and now we have stuff to do! Youppie!