Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This though! Bastian is one of those characters that just drips with personality. Utility aside, I'd want him just to hear his voice acting. I never used him much in PoR or RD, but I still loved him all the same. He's just a really, REALLY cool guy. (Plus I'd love to stick him on a team with Laslow and Virion for extra drama.) 

He could end up the worst tome user in the game and I would still use him. He will undoubtedly be a perfect addition to Team Ham (Narcian, Zephiel, and Michalis currently disproportionately evil and green!). 

I am forever kicking myself that I didn't just go ahead and use him in my PoR run. Next time though! 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

IS: Let's add Reinhardt and Olwen anyway. They'll never catch onto us. 

yeah, honestly tho, even with all the anti-cavalry weapons added, and even with the singing fliers too,  I don't see people stops using Reinhardt and Olwen. Nothing beat them in offense when they are buffed with horse emblem buffs + Death Blow. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

He could end up the worst tome user in the game and I would still use him. He will undoubtedly be a perfect addition to Team Ham (Narcian, Zephiel, and Michalis currently disproportionately evil and green!).

Wouldn't Bastian still be green? Could've sworn he was associated with wind in PoR/RD.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"Because units with three move, two range and the potential for Brave weapons would be broken!"

EDIT: I intended the sarcasm, so don't bother pointing the obvious out.

honestly this infuriates me. maybe it's because with bows, the only thing that counters them is Litrraven, whereas at least we have our meager selection from the green pool to counter the you-know-whos..but c'mon, just don't release a Cordelia-on-a-horse then, make their stats garbo or whatever, just gimme my Bow Knights/Nomads/Rangers!! my fav class urgjhdkg

I'm for Elincia as flying swordie. She'd be the first flier that canonically wields a sword as a primary weapon, and I think I speak for all Fire emblem fans when I say "Bring on the Amiti! Moar Regalia!". Oh and give her a flier skill please. We need more of those in the world.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They've already made weird decisions, like Healer Lucius and Archer Faye, so it would be less of a stretch for Horse Archer Geoffrey.

Giving Geoffrey a bow would be rather dumb though on the grounds that there is already a Crimea-aligned character who actually is a bow knight in Astrid who they could add as a horse archer instead of giving wannabe Finn Geoffrey a bow for no discernible reason. 

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wouldn't Bastian still be green? Could've sworn he was associated with wind in PoR/RD.

True I'd be surprised if he wasn't green. Team Ham is going to have a real problem with red mages!

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't mind that.  At least Wrathful Staff is a thing now.  I'd be happy to get Elincia in any form.

100% crit rate in Radiant Dawn with staves.

No one should understimate that.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

yeah, honestly tho, even with all the anti-cavalry weapons added, and even with the singing fliers too,  I don't see people stops using Reinhardt and Olwen. Nothing beat them in offense when they are buffed with horse emblem buffs. 

Even debuffs can be worked around if you're quick enough. The ploy skills can be a pain, but if you kill something before it can hit you, then it's not a problem. I honestly think the wolf tomes are a bigger threat than the anti-cav weapons simply because mages tend to have higher RES, and there's always a chance Rein or Olwen might not kill them first. (I've run into that problem more in the Tempest than the Arena however.) Horses have the advantage of being able to run away. XD Meanwhile, anti-armor weapons are far scarier because Hector probably won't be able to drag himself away from Est or Hana in time.

If IS REALLY wants to nerf Horse Emblem, they need to make some really screwy maps that make movement a nightmare. Plz don't do that IS.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

He is, his class is (SS Wind) Archsage in RD, and his highest tome rank in PoR is in Wind and he comes with an Elwind tome. 

Now if only we could get Greil, plus maybe some enemies too. The Black Knight, Ashnard, and Petrine would all work together for a banner I guess.

@MrSmokestack

i..don't actually know who Sin is dangit, which game?

if they made Kliff a bow knight i would be happy, maybe they will, i don't even know what to expect anymore. the Tobin sins cannot be forgotten nor forgiven..

on the topic of other bow knights that aren't canonically associated as bow knights, rather than Geoffrey i think Oscar would be a better candidate, i dunno. i used the crap out of bows on that guy. 

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sanaki was the first Tellius unit.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they add units.

I suspect that the unit line up was already predetermined. Otherwise some features don't make sense, like the cut feature of charging stamina for changing skills. SI was already in the pipeline by then. 

14 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

And the singing fliers! I don't care if it the herons (who had chance of being infantries instead) or Shigure. Bring on the Flier Emblem! XD 

I mean if Ninian can become an actual dragon in gameplay why can't Shigure have Sing as an actualy ability lol

I am aware that some people would hate it; what I really want is a horse dancer. It would make horse emblem even more ridiculous. 

Edited by Rezanator

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

@MrSmokestack

Shin from FE6, I'd think. I don't know why they didn't just localize it as Shin, it's a name.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@wizzard of soz Tell me about it. I'm still waiting for Sin to be added to Heroes.

Kliff's canon class is mage but making him a bow knight too wouldn't be unheard of.

After Tobin and Gray got Swords, I expect Kliff to be a Sword, too to complete the trio.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Giving Geoffrey a bow would be rather dumb though on the grounds that there is already a Crimea-aligned character who actually is a bow knight in Astrid who they could add as a horse archer instead of giving wannabe Finn Geoffrey a bow for no discernible reason. 

It's not really no reason.  He starts with a Bow as well as a Lance.  There's a Cavalier of each weapon type in PoR, so they'd be doubling up regardless of which weapon they gave him.  Astrid existing is not a reason to not give Geoffrey a Bow anymore than Oscar existing is a reason to not give him a Lance.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I never really felt that Triangle Adept and Gem weapons were overpowered to the point of needing a skill just to counter them.  They're already a doubled edgeed sword, since they make you more weak when at disadvantage.

Yeah they aren't OP at all

As long as you have a well built team, gem weapons are pretty easy to handle.

It was fun seeing my robin solo a mono sword team though heh

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Even debuffs can be worked around if you're quick enough. The ploy skills can be a pain, but if you kill something before it can hit you, then it's not a problem. I honestly think the wolf tomes are a bigger threat than the anti-cav weapons simply because mages tend to have higher RES, and there's always a chance Rein or Olwen might not kill them first. (I've run into that problem more in the Tempest than the Arena however.) Horses have the advantage of being able to run away. XD Meanwhile, anti-armor weapons are far scarier because Hector probably won't be able to drag himself away from Est or Hana in time.

If IS REALLY wants to nerf Horse Emblem, they need to make some really screwy maps that make movement a nightmare. Plz don't do that IS.

Ism't that's why Armor Embelm quest is so hard to finish? Armors dies to both anti-armor weapons and unbuffed mages can easily kills them. 

The problem is,  infantries probably would still suffer that too and FULLY force people to use fliers. I don't want that too. 

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

@MrSmokestack

if they made Kliff a bow knight i would be happy, maybe they will, i don't even know what to expect anymore. the Tobin sins cannot be forgotten nor forgiven..

Shin / Sin from FE6, member of the Kutolah Clan, Sue's bodyguard, and the right-hand man to Dayan himself.

I made my Kliff an archer. No regrets. I also gave Oscar a sword when I used him in PoR. Big mistake.

Geoffrey with a Brave Bow would be neat though.

1 minute ago, Catria! said:

No, plz do that! 

Like, do it ASAP! 

I'll let them do it after they add more flying swords, flying mages, and flying healers...and make flying buffs not so 5 star exclusive. Then maybe. Maybe it'll be okay. Because IS will totally listen to me.

The problem is,  infantries probably would still suffer that too and FULLY force people to use fliers. I don't want that too. 

Yeah. As much as I'd like to see the horse emblem reign of terror (lol...I wrote Rein of Terror first, but it totally fits) end, let's not make everyone else suffer. XD

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I suspect that the unit line up was already predetermined. Otherwise some features don't make sense, like the cut feature of charging stamina for changing skills. SI was already in the pipeline by then. 

I am aware that some people would hate it; what I really want is a horse dancer. It would make horse emblem even more ridiculous. 

The question is how they would implement horse singer/dancer.

I don't remember there's any in the maingame, nor any way that even seasonal units would have it. 

I mean, even seasonal units  only modify the weapon  and movement types , and all of them come with inheritable skills anyway. 

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

this is the worst thing i've ever read on here..

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

After Tobin and Gray got Swords, I expect Kliff to be a Sword, too to complete the trio.

)8

but Faye got a bow so we can have hope??

and OOOH Oh i remember Sin now. i only started my first FE6 run a couple months ago but it got put on hiatus and i forgot a lot. heck yea i'd be up for him..or Rath..or Sue dangit. nomads are cool.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I made my Kliff an archer. No regrets. I also gave Oscar a sword when I used him in PoR. Big mistake.

Geoffrey with a Brave Bow would be neat though.

i...but his attack is pretty puny..right..that crit and speed tho?

oh sure you can have your Brave Bow Geoffrey. but he'll be infantry gg

14 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

We "dodged a bullet" if every green unit had T-Adept.

I would hardly say Reinhardt would've broken the game or anything XD

Yeah, that's the thing, though, why would every green have T-Adept or an Emerald Axe? The main users of them who didn't have them by default from what I know were Boey, spring Camilla, Cecilia, Fae, and F!Robin. Four out of five did it to deal with colorless units. Other than that, Arthur, Narcian, and Titania had it by default and Titania is the most reliable when she has high resistance. Otherwise, Julia does not need T-Adept to counter Reinhardt and I think Sonya can too so long as he doesn't have a ton of attack buffs.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I never really felt that Triangle Adept and Gem weapons were overpowered to the point of needing a skill just to counter them.  They're already a doubled edgeed sword, since they make you more weak when at disadvantage.

Yeah, but it did suck for colorless units who technically were at weapon triangle disadvantage to every color. That being said, it didn't mean that every mage ran -raven tomes and T-Adept. Some did because that's what they were good at as their other options were done better by other units.

For the gem weapon users or the ones who wanted to use it, it's going to suck when the reason they ran with those weapons was to deal with their lower attack and/or lower defense or resistance. Most units with high attack would rather use a Brave weapon or some other weapon. Really tanky units with high attack would rather run Brave or a Killer/Slaying weapon to be a powerful enemy phase unit.

Anyway, the existence of Cancel Affinity has made me really paranoid. It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid of using T-Adept or a gem weapon if I don't know a unit will carry Cancel Affinity which doesn't happen outside of fixed maps and Mathilda. Future trials are going to be hell. My dumb idea of let's have Selena run L&D3 and Ruby Sword to massacre greens at the cost of dying to every blue and probably most high attack reds went from maybe to let's not. The only reason I felt like doing it was she'd be able to deal with green mages with high defense since she'd hit hard and double them while destroying axes were a bonus. That and Ruby Sword is one cheap way to deal with her low attack unlike Wo Dao+ and possibly Slaying Edge+. Now? What if an axe unit shows up with Cancel Affinity? She'd be fighting them as if they were reds or colorless leaving her as just an anti-green mage. If I wanted an anti-green mage, Sophia with G Tomebreaker would be a much, much safer idea even if it isn't fun which... the threat of Cancel Affinity wrecking Selena's Ruby Sword isn't fun to begin with, so... Well, whatever.

Oh, just remembered something, what if there was a skill that negated buffs? What I mean is that whoever has this equipped treats every battle as if no buffs were applied to both the foe and user. This includes Spurs and if the unit had a Defiant skill, that gets negated too making it a waste of a slot.

Wait, wouldn't that basically be Nihil or a reworked version?

The question is how they would implement horse singer/dancer.

I don't remember there's any in the maingame, nor any way that even seasonal units would have it.

Actual historical troubadours sang for a living, as RD actually alludes to. Just slap Azura or Shigure on a pony and have them sing in rhythm with their galloping steed. Or, make someone a little adventurous and dance while standing atop their horse.