Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So in the first of the recent SoV banners I tried and failed to pull for Gray, because I adore Gray, even if he's not statistically godly or anything. I did get a Mathilda though, so that's pretty cool, especially because I have a dire lance shortage in comparison to my 500 good red swords. (Effie, Subaki, and sort of Abel, I guess? Though I'm not crazy about Abel's cardboard defenses. Better than paper, but...not quite what I need. Though I really should train up Camus...)

But I finally did get that Reinhardt that I pined for a few days back while pulling on that banner. Granted, he's at 4*, but he's (the RNGod smiled upon me that day) +Atk, and I couldn't be happier. Granted... I have to grind SP to get Dire Thunder and all that stuff, but I don't even care at this point, because Reinhardt. Rein. Hardt. :lol:

I should really get around to making that Horse Emblem team to support him...but every time I see a goddamn tree when I'm running horses I cringe, lol. Seriously, what is the logic behind horses having more movement range than fliers, but forests being their kryptonite? Horses can run through forests just fine...

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So, I've been trying to decide who my next 5 star upgrade will be when I get enough feathers again (already used the 20,000 I got recently on Michalis). It's between Stahl and Camus for Horse Emblem.

I don't have a 5 star sword cav yet, so that's a reason to go for Stahl, but Camus's Gradivus is so appealing because Distant Counter lance. So I'm probably gonna go for the latter. :P

Camus is a great choice.  :^_^:  I was unsure at first, but he is sooo worth it.  Distant Counter, decent attack, defense, and alright speed.  I really like using him!  

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Camus is a great choice.  :^_^:  I was unsure at first, but he is sooo worth it.  Distant Counter, decent attack, defense, and alright speed.  I really like using him!  

Yeah, I like using him too!

So, I've been trying to decide who my next 5 star upgrade will be when I get enough feathers again (already used the 20,000 I got recently on Michalis). It's between Stahl and Camus for Horse Emblem.

I don't have a 5 star sword cav yet, so that's a reason to go for Stahl, but Camus's Gradivus is so appealing because Distant Counter lance. So I'm probably gonna go for the latter. :P

My feedback is tier list-motivated, so it may not be reliable, but...

According to the FE Heroes Wiki's tier list (that factors in skill inheritance), Stahl is the second worst sword out there, only being better than Tobin. GamePress's list isn't too promising for him either.

Camus, on the other hand, is A+ tier/Tier 2, thanks to that glorious lance he has. I'd strongly consider him over Stahl.

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

So in the first of the recent SoV banners I tried and failed to pull for Gray, because I adore Gray, even if he's not statistically godly or anything. I did get a Mathilda though, so that's pretty cool, especially because I have a dire lance shortage in comparison to my 500 good red swords. (Effie, Subaki, and sort of Abel, I guess? Though I'm not crazy about Abel's cardboard defenses. Better than paper, but...not quite what I need. Though I really should train up Camus...)

But I finally did get that Reinhardt that I pined for a few days back while pulling on that banner. Granted, he's at 4*, but he's (the RNGod smiled upon me that day) +Atk, and I couldn't be happier. Granted... I have to grind SP to get Dire Thunder and all that stuff, but I don't even care at this point, because Reinhardt. Rein. Hardt. :lol:

I should really get around to making that Horse Emblem team to support him...but every time I see a goddamn tree when I'm running horses I cringe, lol. Seriously, what is the logic behind horses having more movement range than fliers, but forests being their kryptonite? Horses can run through forests just fine...

They had to find a con for using horses.

@Anacybele Honestly your best move is promoting GHB Xander, but given you despise him then I suggest promoting Stahl, given that you already have a blue horse: Rein.

Sad because Xander is one of the best sword horses, if not strictly the best.

Yo! +res/-def Niles, +spd/-hp or +atk/-res Niles? 

I swear my hair is going to turn grey over this matter lol >_>

Camus is really great, I've been using him since his GHB. He'll do a good job covering reds for Fred, he's got that distant counter which is always handy, and if he get a Hone Cav his speed can reach +40 with Fury which is pretty neat. As a bonus he's got the same artist as Fred <3

10 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I like using him too!

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

According to the FE Heroes Wiki's tier list (that factors in skill inheritance), Stahl is the second worst sword out there, only being better than Tobin. GamePress's list isn't too promising for him either.

Camus, on the other hand, is A+ tier/Tier 2, thanks to that glorious lance he has. I'd strongly consider him over Stahl.

I definitely recommend Camus.  You can't go wrong with him.  

I'd wait for Stahl until he's the last piece you need to round out a Horse Team, and even then, only if you don't have a better Sword guy.  Even Cain or Eliwood would probably be better.  I think you said you don't have Xander, but he's probably due for a repeat GHB soon, and I run him on my team, and he's the best Sword Cav, IMO.

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Poor Tobin. That guy just can't catch a break, lol. They had to have made him awful intentionally.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

They had to find a con for using horses.

True, I get that part. It's just always struck me as silly that a horse treats a forest like it's lava or something. Sure, forests are kind of a hindrance in the main series for horses, but they can at least stand on them and move through them. Now, it's the sand that really screws them over. I'm surprised they didn't just make their mobility limited to one on sand or something. That would make more sense imo.

And it still makes no sense that fliers are slower than horses...

2 hours ago, Logos said:

There's no general discussion and links thread on the Awakening forum so I'll just share it here. Recently Skallagrim (youtuber) made a video on a custom made Armorslayer one of his subcribers designed. It's pretty cool the way they redesigned it to make it viable, and more effective. It is quite impressive the sword in terms of it's performance as well. Link to the video is here.

Yeah I just saw that and thought it was pretty cool. He usually points out how impractical fantasy/game weapons are, so it's interesting somebody actually shaped one up to be more realistically usable. (Also neat to see somebody else here that watches his videos) It sure is funny-looking to see such a slim Armorslayer.

@ruruo Definitely +Atk -Res, no questions asked.

@NoirCore Tires don exits

@Anacybele Stahl is a bulky red sword, which is a fancy way of saying that Xander does his job better. If you're dead set on not using him though, Eliwood is a great alternative, with Durandal giving him excellent OHKO potential with horse buffs. Camus is great too but he's somewhat redundant since you have Reinhardt at the moment.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Poor Tobin. That guy just can't catch a break, lol. They had to have made him awful intentionally.

True, I get that part. It's just always struck me as silly that a horse treats a forest like it's lava or something. Sure, forests are kind of a hindrance in the main series for horses, but they can at least stand on them and move through them. Now, it's the sand that really screws them over. I'm surprised they didn't just make their mobility limited to one on sand or something. That would make more sense imo.

And it still makes no sense that fliers are slower than horses...

Yeah kinda weird but sand isn't defined as a separate tile on the game.

3 move fliers would be overkill and be a reason to not use horses, because fliers have no move restrictions besides walls.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@ruruo Definitely +Atk -Res, no questions asked.

@NoirCore Tires don exits

@Anacybele Stahl is a bulky red sword, which is a fancy way of saying that Xander does his job better. If you're dead set on not usig him though, Eliwood is a great alternative, with Durandal giving him excellent OHKO potential with horse buffs. Camus is great too but he's somewhat redundant since you have Reinhardt at the moment.

Honestly, running both Rein and Camus on the same team doesn't hurt too much, since you're going to wind up with 2 of one color anyway, and one is melee and one is ranged.

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Honestly your best move is promoting GHB Xander, but given you despise him then I suggest promoting Stahl, given that you already have a blue horse: Rein.

Sad because Xander is one of the best sword horses, if not strictly the best.

I literally JUST said I didn't get regular Xander because I don't care about him or care to get him.

19 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Uh, I don't care? I already said I was leaning towards Camus anyway. And eventually, both will be promoted.

15 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Camus is really great, I've been using him since his GHB. He'll do a good job covering reds for Fred, he's got that distant counter which is always handy, and if he get a Hone Cav his speed can reach +40 with Fury which is pretty neat. As a bonus he's got the same artist as Fred <3

Oh yes, totally agreed!

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Stahl is a bulky red sword, which is a fancy way of saying that Xander does his job better. If you're dead set on not using him though, Eliwood is a great alternative, with Durandal giving him excellent OHKO potential with horse buffs. Camus is great too but he's somewhat redundant since you have Reinhardt at the moment.

So what if Camus is the same color? A team is comprised of four units. There are no horseback bows or anything. Healers are bleh, especially if their names aren't Genny or Elise and Genny isn't on a horse. I have neither of them anyway. Stahl is the only good red cav I have.

lol Eliwood? Everyone says he's awful. The Eliwoods I pulled all had poor boons and banes anyway. Both Cains I pulled were -Atk too. And both are more useful to me as skill fodder anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I don't think he's that bad.  I think a lot of his rating is influenced by how hard he is to get and the fact that you cannot merge past +1 (+1ing him is not worth it either).  

Really, the only reason people think he's bad is because he is a lowspeed infantry.  It's not like he's the only low-speed infantry unit though... Hinata, Seliph, Oboro, and Batre have the same problem.  The only low speed exceptions I can see just from glancing at the lowest speed infantry is Chrom and Ephraim.  Both of which are good because they have a unique weapon and in ephraim's case his other stats are exactly what a low speed unit needs.

edit:  Also Lukas, but he's pretty much a 2mv armored unit.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Really, the only reason people think he's bad is because he is a lowspeed infantry.  It's not like he's the only low-speed infantry unit though... Hinata, Seliph, Oboro, and Batre have the same problem.

Speed is kinda everything though (in that regard it's pretty accurate to the main series, lol), since the majority of high-tier units have good speed as well as high damage, with the one notable exception being Effie who has Wary Fighter to prevent herself from being doubled by anything, or the Brave weapon users who get a free double attack anyway. Even if their damage is on the mediocre to even slightly low side, being able to double ensures a 0HKO in a game where if you're not 0hKO'ing, prepare to get 0HKO'd in return.

But aren't all four of them low tier because of those same problems? I had to slap a Brave Sword on my 5* Seliph and 4* Chrom to get them to be able to do their jobs properly. (Granted, I never tried out the Falchion on Chrom, but I doubt it would make him better at killing non-dragon stuff in a single round with his low speed, even in return for the higher might).

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Honestly, running both Rein and Camus on the same team doesn't hurt too much, since you're going to wind up with 2 of one color anyway, and one is melee and one is ranged.

My dream horse team runs both Camus and Reinhardt, but I figured it'd be more important to get all the colors first before doubling up on one.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So what if Camus is the same color? A team is comprised of four units. There are no horseback bows or anything. Healers are bleh, especially if their names aren't Genny or Elise and Genny isn't on a horse.

lol Eliwood? Everyone says he's awful. The Eliwoods I pulled all had poor boons and banes anyway. Both Cains I pulled were -Atk too. And both are more useful to me as skill fodder anyway.

I didn't say you shouldn't run Camus, since I run him too. Getting all your colors together first is a good idea though.

Mounted healers are pretty great for horse emblem since Wrathful Staff gives you a healer with 3 Mov who can DPS while ignoring the weapon triangle, but I digress.

I don't know who you've been talking to, then. Eliwood is easily the best red sword for horse emblem after Xander, since he can hit 63 Atk at base with Durandal + Death Blow + Hone Cavalry, which is absolutely disgusting for lack of a better word. That kind of damage can't be beat in horse emblem outside of Reinhardt and Blade mages like Cecilia.

@JSND would like a word with you haha.

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Speed is kinda everything though (in that regard it's pretty accurate to the main series, lol), since the majority of high-tier units have good speed as well as high damage, with the one notable exception being Effie who has Wary Fighter to prevent herself from being doubled by anything, or the Brave weapon users who get a free double attack anyway. Even if their damage is on the mediocre to even slightly low side, being able to double ensures a 0HKO in a game where if you're not 0hKO'ing, prepare to get 0HKO'd in return.

But aren't all four of them low tier because of those same problems? I had to slap a Brave Sword on my 5* Seliph and 4* Chrom to get them to be able to do their jobs properly. (Granted, I never tried out the Falchion on Chrom, but I doubt it would make him better at killing non-dragon stuff in a single round with his low speed, even in return for the higher might).

Yea, I'm not saying Tobin is good.  I just don't think he's awful.  Most people who say he's awful are comparing him without taking into account that there are many units in his bad speed situation.  They are only comparing him to the high speed units they use. He's pretty average, slightly below, not every unit that gets released is going to have enough speed to be competitive or anything to make up their low speed.  It's like people saying Berkut is awful when they're comparing him to Camus. 

Tobin is literally better than Seliph in every way except HP by one point, atk-3, and his unique weapon that you probably wouldn't use.  I never heard anyone say Seliph is the worst character in the game (he's not great though), why is Tobin?

Edited by Lushen

I use Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia as my cavalry team and I'm plenty happy with Camus, but he's always the one to get cut if I need to fit in a healer or a bonus unit.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I literally JUST said I didn't get regular Xander because I don't care about him or care to get him.

Uh, I don't care? I already said I was leaning towards Camus anyway. And eventually, both will be promoted.

Oh yes, totally agreed!

So what if Camus is the same color? A team is comprised of four units. There are no horseback bows or anything. Healers are bleh, especially if their names aren't Genny or Elise and Genny isn't on a horse. I have neither of them anyway. Stahl is the only good red cav I have.

Uhh... then why do you even ask? By your replies you're basically looking for people supporting your decisions rather than looking for suggestions.

There's nothing wrong with color overlap but a 5☆ red and 5☆ blue brings more balance to the team than running 2 5☆ blues, unless the 4☆ red is stellar, which Stahl isn't. Horse healers are pretty good: Elise is the best because of her good heal and her ability to also be a strong attacker with horse buffs (plus wrathful staff if possible). Though Clarine and Priscilla do a good job as well, slap a ward/goad/hone/fort and they'll work pretty well. I currently have Clarine with gravity, martyr/rehab and ward cav and she's pretty good at tanking magic hits. Horse healer is also good when you're training your other horses or in any quest/chapter a heal comes in handy.

Eliwood is not terrible, he hits pretty hard, has average spd and high res for tanking green mages. Really, horse teams are super flexible that you can make awesome teams with even "trash" horses.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I didn't say you shouldn't run Camus, since I run him too. Getting all your colors together first is a good idea though.

Mounted healers are pretty great for horse emblem since Wrathful Staff gives you a healer with 3 Mov who can DPS while ignoring the weapon triangle, but I digress.

I don't know who you've been talking to, then. Eliwood is easily the best red sword for horse emblem after Xander, since he can hit 63 Atk at base with Durandal + Death Blow + Hone Cavalry, which is absolutely disgusting for lack of a better word. That kind of damage can't be beat in horse emblem outside of Reinhardt and Blade mages like Cecilia.

I DO have all my colors together. Freddy = green, Camus and Reiny = blue, and Stahl = red. I'm not a noob...

I don't have a mounted healer though.

Eliwood doesn't get Hone Cav, he gets Ward Cav.

@Quintessence I wasn't looking for advice, I was just making an on topic comment.

Duh, which is why eventually both Camus and Stahl wil be 5 star. Like I said, I'm not a noob. And again, like I said, I don't have a mounted healer. People, stop telling me to use units I don't have, please.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Keep in mind that the wiki tier list

1) does not order units in tiers (it is mentioned in the extra details). They are not saying he is worse then Saber or Hinata.

2) does not take horse buffs into account.

He's still not fantastic, but he's not as bad as you imply.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So what if Camus is the same color? A team is comprised of four units. There are no horseback bows or anything. Healers are bleh, especially if their names aren't Genny or Elise and Genny isn't on a horse.

Eliwood is pretty good in horse emblem, just not so good outside of it. I'm guessing the people who said he was bad were not using him on a horse emblem team?

Anyhow, I would recommend you promote Camus first, since he can serve you pretty well even outside horse emblem, while Stahl is not very useful outside of it. You can alway see if he's really the best choice you have when you're ready for another promotion (seems to be so, by order of elimination).

@Anacybele @MrSmokestack

Stahl is honestly not a bad unit. He's outclassed in Def by Xander and Eldigan, but he's marginally faster (neutral 35 with Fury 3 and Hone Cavalry buff is a good number to avoid being double attacked) and doesn't have crap-tier Res (though it shouldn't matter). His default Ruby Sword+ covers his weaker Atk and Def and makes him cheap to build for decent return.

If all you need him to do is fill in the gaps by covering green, you can run something like

Stahl [+Atk/+Spd, -HP/-Res] or [=] (Ruby Sword+, Reposition, Moonbow/Bonfire, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3/Axebreaker 3/G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry/Fortify Cavalry)

and do perfectly fine. Best part is none of those skills require a 5-star unit besides Stahl's default Ruby Sword+ (which requires himself to be 5-star).

@Lushen

The reason Tobin is rated as low as he is is because every sword infantry with less Spd than he does has more Atk than he does, and every sword infantry with less Spd than he does excluding Laslow and Hinata has a legendary weapon. Hinata's Atk difference isn't as stark as the others', but Hinata also has higher Def, which works better for Ruby Sword builds and Slaying Edge Quick Riposte builds.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Tiers are silly because they're skewed towards the Arena, and don't take into consideration the make-up of a team. Many of them also focus on atk/spd for one-round KO potential. Yet, there are counters to every single thing in the game, particularly speed, so it's more important to look at how your units can cover each other.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Healers are bleh, especially if their names aren't Genny or Elise and Genny isn't on a horse.

I dunno, Elise and Genny only have an advantage in getting a lot out of Wrathful Staff. I prefer a more defensive healer with a status staff myself, and I've never felt let down by them.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My dream horse team runs both Camus and Reinhardt, but I figured it'd be more important to get all the colors first before doubling up on one.

@JSND would like a word with you haha.

Wrathful Staff requires sacrificing a Sheep, though, and Sheep are a bit rare.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I use Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia as my cavalry team and I'm plenty happy with Camus, but he's always the one to get cut if I need to fit in a healer or a bonus unit.

I'm the same with my core of Titania, Ursula, Xander, and Camus as the 4th.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stahl is honestly not a bad unit. He's outclassed in Def by Xander and Eldigan, but he's marginally faster (neutral 35 with Fury 3 and Hone Cavalry buff is a good number to avoid being double attacked) and doesn't have crap-tier Res (though it shouldn't matter). His default Ruby Sword+ covers his weaker Atk and Def and makes him cheap to build for decent return.

If all you need him to do is fill in the gaps by covering green, you can run something like

Stahl [+Atk/+Spd, -HP/-Res] or [=] (Ruby Sword+, Reposition, Moonbow/Bonfire, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3/Axebreaker 3/G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry/Fortify Cavalry)

and do perfectly fine. Best part is none of those skills require a 5-star unit besides Stahl's default Ruby Sword+ (which requires himself to be 5-star).

Yup, I already have Stahl running Bonfire, but I had him inherit Quick Reposte instead of a breaker. I don't have the right breaker fodder anyway, and others said he can do fine with Quick Reposte. He also already has Ward Cav.

Btw, I forgot to mention, peeps. All members of my horse team are +Def except for Camus for obvious reasons. So with additional defense from buffs, physical units will be like useless. Mages can hurt them a lot, but if my cavs attack first, that shouldn't be a big problem.

Edited by Anacybele