Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea, I'm not saying Tobin is good.  I just don't think he's awful.  Most people who say he's awful is comparing him without taking into account that there are many units in his bad situation.  They are only comparing him to the high speed units they use. He's pretty average, slightly below, not every unit that gets released is going to have enough speed to be competitive or anything to make up their low speed.  It's like people saying Berkut is awful when they're comparing him to Camus. 

True, that's the big problem with games with tier lists and how people talk about them. "Awful" sometimes gets stretched to mean "anything other than the godly units," rather than saying that he's passable, mediocre, okay, or that there are better options out there, which is true for 99% of units in the game. Tobin has the disadvantage of being harder to earn than a lot of units, and unable to be merged effectively working against him.

Skill Inheritence bridged a lot of the gap between high tier and low tier units, but stats are stats at the end the day.

Just now, Johann said:

I dunno, Elise and Genny only have an advantage in getting a lot out of Wrathful Staff. I prefer a more defensive healer with a status staff myself, and I've never felt let down by them.

Yeah, I haven't been lucky enough to pull an Elise or Genny (though I tried several times on her banner to get Wrathful Staff), but right now the healers I'm getting the most use out of for defensive maps is Azama with his great bulk  (he works as a bait for physical units) and free 10 damage pain staff, and Mist with her heals basically being an automatic full health bar. Defensive healers for the win, lol.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I use Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia as my cavalry team and I'm plenty happy with Camus, but he's always the one to get cut if I need to fit in a healer or a bonus unit.

This is my thought process too. Camus is nice but he's definitely the weakest link as a melee unit on a horse team. That doesn't at all mean he's bad though.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Eliwood is not terrible, he hits pretty hard, has average spd and high res for tanking green mages. Really, horse teams are super flexible that you can make awesome teams with even "trash" horses.

The day I pull a crappy IV Hector is the day I replace my Bonfire Xander with Ignis / DC Eldigan. I'm serious. I'd love to do that sometime.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I DO have all my colors together. Freddy = green, Camus and Reiny = blue, and Stahl = red. I'm not a noob...

Eliwood doesn't get Hone Cav, he gets Ward Cav.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth I didn't even say.

I'm suggesting you promote a red cavalry unit first over Camus. Camus can come later.

That's Eliwood buffed by an ally's Hone Cavalry. You can't buff yourself with your own C skill.

Neutral or even unoptimized Eliwood is a whole lot better than optimized Stahl. A bold claim for sure, but definitely one that's not far from the truth.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm the same with my core of Titania, Ursula, Xander, and Camus as the 4th.

I think most people will double up on blue for horse emblem because most good horse units are blue and the other colors don't have to much that's great (especially green is pretty lacking, with only Cecilia being really good (and still worse then blue cavalry mages) and only Freddy and Titania being good enough (and generally worse then their red and blue ounter parts)).

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Defensive healers for the win, lol.

Feed 'em a Lukas! I'd actually consider giving my Clarine Distant Def 3 (if I ever rolled Celica), but I'd rather give it to Felicia.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Feed 'em a Lukas! I'd actually consider giving my Clarine Distant Def 3 (if I ever rolled Celica), but I'd rather give it to Felicia.

I don't have one. Funny, on the first SoV banner I pulled Alm, Faye, and Clair, but no Lukas. Still don't have one to this day. :lol:

Edited by Extrasolar

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now you're just putting words in my mouth I didn't even say.

I'm suggesting you promote a red cavalry unit first over Camus. Camus can come later.

That's Eliwood buffed by an ally's Hone Cavalry. You can't buff yourself with your own C skill.

Neutral or even unoptimized Eliwood is a whole lot better than optimized Stahl. A bold claim for sure, but definitely one that's not far from the truth.

Well, you're telling me obvious things that even novice players should know.

Others are saying to promote Camus though. Since I'm leaning towards him, that's who will get promoted next.

Sorry, I misunderstood. But yes, I KNOW you can't buff yourself with your own C skill.

An Eliwood with a bad bane/boon can't be better than a Stahl with a good one imo. My Stahl is +Def/-Res. My Eliwoods are either -Atk or -Spd or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think most people will double up on blue for horse emblem because most good horse units are blue and the other colors don't have to much that's great (especially green is pretty lacking, with only Cecilia being really good (and still worse then blue cavalry mages) and only Freddy and Titania being good enough (and generally worse then their red and blue ounter parts)).

Me running Titania is probably personal bias, much like @Anacybele with Frederick.  I've found she's great at tanking mages, which is often a weakness on horse teams.  Mine reaches 40 Res with Fort Cavalry.

Me running Titania is probably personal bias, much like @Anacybele with Frederick.  I've found she's great at tanking mages, which is often a weakness on horse teams.  Mine reaches 40 Res with Fort Cavalry.

Does she have DC? One of the friends on my list had a DC Titania who was super  helpful to use. It makes me want to get DC for my Camilla...

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Waiting eagerly for that day when hero trading becomes a thing....

wishful thinking, sure, but....

i dont think it'd ever be a thing

cause like, if you could just trade units, it'd undermine a big part of the game, since you could just trade for the units you want from people who dont want them

thus they get less money and thats not a thing they want

Just now, Extrasolar said:

I don't have one. Funny, on the first SoV banner I pulled Alm, Celica, and Clair, but no Lukas. Still don't have one to this day. :lol:

Yeah, I just used a 4* Lukas myself, and I have reservations about feeding a 5* character to give a healer 1 more def.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Frederick with Brave Axe is easily one of the most devastating characters in the game, especially among green units and cavalry. So much so that I'd give him Heavy Blade and Galeforce without a second thought had I the resources. Titania is a stand-out unit as well, but I haven't had luck in summoning her.

Yup, I have to build a horse team with Freddy on it, I'd be betraying my love for him if I didn't! He's my Robin hubby! And much like Titania tanks mages, my +Def Freddy tanks physical units like a boss. Even swords can't hurt him much when he's got buffs. And with Armored Blow and buffs from Fortify Cav, he'll reach over 50 def.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

i dont think it'd ever be a thing

cause like, if you could just trade units, it'd undermine a big part of the game, since you could just trade for the units you want from people who dont want them

thus they get less money and thats not a thing they want

Yeah, you're probably right...unless they limited it somehow, like maybe you can only hero trade x times a month, or it costs some sort of resource to do it.

People would still have to pull to get good units if they ran out of trades to use. I think it would be cool to take away a little of the reliance on luck, but not all of it. They've given us little quality of life things like that before which don't undermine their business model too much - like the increase in stamina, for one.

27 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@ruruo Definitely +Atk -Res, no questions asked.

Ahh thank you! I've just went and ran through the calcs again @_@.. I think you're right, he really does need that +atk, +spd does let him net a few more kill during PP, but he's not going to kill that much during PP anyway.

I might have to hold my horses again and wait for one that has +atk without that res bane, cause that res bane won't let him survive a buffed QR Moonbow Rein ;^; 

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Eliwood [+Atk] (Durandal, Death Blow 3) +6/6 has 79 effective Atk against green (and 36 Spd).

Stahl [+Atk] (Ruby Sword+, Fury 3) +6/6 has 77 effective Atk against green (and 35 Spd).

Both are one-hit killing every common green unit in the game outside of Sheena, Hector, and Michalis (Eliwood one-hit kills Michalis if Michalis doesn't have Fury or Def Plus). Stahl takes less damage on the counterattack (in general, but more significant against green), whereas Eliwood deals noticeably more damage at neutral weapon triangle.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, you're probably right...unless they limited it somehow, like maybe you can only hero trade x times a month, or it costs some sort of resource to do it.

People would still have to pull to get good units if they ran out of trades to use. I think it would be cool to take away a little of the reliance on luck, but not all of it. They've given us little quality of life things like that before which don't undermine their business model too much - like the increase in stamina, for one.

Roll a new account for the character you're looking for. Grind for trade resource. Trade.

This gives you access to any unit in the game with any nature you want at no monetary cost.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Does she have DC? One of the friends on my list had a DC Titania who was super  helpful to use. It makes me want to get DC for my Camilla...

I need to pray for more Hectors. I really want to make a DC Titania (since I don't really like Cecilia all that much), and I have 1 extra Hector. But  Beruka, Camilla, Titania and a couple other units are all begging for DC at the same time. I think I'm gonna give it to Beruka since she needs it the most to do decently, so my Camilla and Titania will continue to get dusty..

I kinda don't like the Camilla anti-mage DC build though. But since I finally have a +atk Cherche waiting to be upgraded I can't justify turning her into a Death Blow Cherche knock off anymore like I had planned to.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Frederick with Brave Axe is easily one of the most devastating characters in the game, especially among green units and cavalry. So much so that I'd give him Heavy Blade and Galeforce without a second thought had I the resources. Titania is a stand-out unit as well, but I haven't had luck in summoning her.

Agreed on this, I can vouch for Brave Axe Frederick being a terror. I have a 4* +Def one, and physical units scratch him at the most. He's a lot like my 4* Brave Axe Cherche, though doesn't die immediately to anything but mages. Cherche is pure glass cannon offensive, Frederick can at least tank and bait physical units.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Roll a new account for the character you're looking for. Grind for trade resource. Trade.

This gives you access to any unit in the game with any nature you want at no monetary cost.

Maybe it's no monetary cost, but it's a time and energy cost. I mean, people who roll multiple accounts are going to get what they want regardless, even if takes a lot of patience.

Really, you could get any character and nature you're looking for without spending a dime, so provided that you're willing to grind out summons, wait for free orbs, do quests that give you orbs, etc., and have the time to spend.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I need to pray for more Hectors. I really want to make a DC Titania (since I don't really like Cecilia all that much), and I have 1 extra Hector. But  Beruka, Camilla, Titania and a couple other units are all begging for DC at the same time. I think I'm gonna give it to Beruka since she needs it the most to do decently, so my Camilla and Titania will continue to get dusty..

I kinda don't like the Camilla anti-mage DC build though. But since I finally have a +atk Cherche waiting to be upgraded I can't justify turning her into a Death Blow Cherche knock off anymore like I had planned to.

Why don't you like the Camilla DC build? I just need someone to bait Reinheiny when I want to run all fliers D:

@Anacybele Ok. If you want to promote Camus first, promote Camus first. The order in which you do promotions doesn't matter anyway since it's entirely personal preference.

I just mistook your original post for a question rather than a statement. Silly me!

@Ice Dragon Wow. Even with an inflated weapon advantage Stahl still fares worse matchupwise, even if by a small margin.

Now compare their matchups in neutral.

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Really, you could get any character and nature you're looking for without spending a dime, so provided that you're willing to grind out summons, wait for free orbs, do quests that give you orbs, etc., and have the time to spend.

The time & effort invovled is so significantly different though. Especially once the free pull per banner goes into effect. 

16 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Sadly, no.  I'd have to murder a Hector for that, and I don't have one to spare.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

The time & effort invovled is so significantly different though. Especially once the free pull per banner goes into effect. 

Sure, but grinding for orbs and things, and all the stamina usage and waiting that implies, would be part of the hero trading process, considering you have to pull the hero to be able to trade it. And depending on the resource used, the trading resource could be even more scarce than orbs already are. Or if they go with something like a limited amount of trades per [x] time, likely monthly like the quests and stuff, then it would balance out imo.

People thought SI would break the game, but it's balanced out. I see no reason why Hero Trading would break the game or undermine their business model. One free pull is only 5 units, and none of them are guaranteed to be the unit that you really want.

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, I don't care? I already said I was leaning towards Camus anyway. And eventually, both will be promoted.

You don't have to tell me "I don't care" when I'm trying to give information to help. If you're gonna ask for help, don't bite any hands that try to aid you when they aren't even being rude.

Edited by NoirCore