Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Sunwoo Don't know any of the characters so no comment from that perspective. On the rest:

- We already have a couple of superpowered Brave Swords, so I'd really like to see an 11mt Brave Lance or Axe first to be honest, not that it's particularly likely.

- Grafcalibur seems a bit too weak for a legendary weapon being simply Merric's OG Excalibur with +3 speed. Bear in mind that legendary weapons on new units are complete out of the box, instead of having further refinements. Being the demotee, he'd could get Gronnserpent maybe? Or, though it might annoy some people, be the first readily available Gronnwolf source.

- It looks like the banner units are all infantry (not sure if any can reclass to another type)? I suspect that's not a thing that would happen. The last time it did was for Farfetched Heroes with Dorcas, Lute and Mia. And that was kind of a special case, before that you have to go back to Celica's Army with Saber, Sonya and Leon. I suppose they could just add a fourth character as a mounted alt and call it done though. Horse Leif?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And now for something really off-topic.

So, @Thor Odinson and I spent way too much time designing a Thracia banner, using some character choices from another SF user. Here's the hypothetical Thracia banner (and TT and GHB rewards) that we came up with.

Reveal hidden contents

Banner Units
Mareeta: comes with Mareeta's Blade (11-mt personal brave sword with built-in Guard 3), Luna, spd/def bond, Wrath, and Even Wave Defense (which doesn't exist yet, but will probably exist one day); 5-star lock
Asvel: comes with Grafcalibur (14-mt personal wind tome with flier effectiveness and speed+3), Draw Back, swift sparrow (5-star locked), and Renewal; drops to 4-star
Sara: comes with Gravity+, either Restore+ or Kia as a personal healing assist skill (Restore+ but gives target +1 to every stat), Miracle, Wrathful Staff, and Staff Valor; 5-star lock

Tempest Trial
Karin: comes with Harmonic Lance+, Reposition, darting blow, and hone fliers (5-star locked)

Grand Hero Battle
Kempf: comes with Thoron+, Moonbow, chill res (5-star locked), and goad cavalry

You should post those suggestions in this thread

I love Lucina but don’t want any more alts. I don’t have orbs and don’t care about the line-up (except another Ishtar) so I’ll just take all the blues om the free wheel.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I just want them to make ____ Blade seals for Def, Res and HP too.

This. Please.

17 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Sunwoo Don't know any of the characters so no comment from that perspective. On the rest:

- We already have a couple of superpowered Brave Swords, so I'd really like to see an 11mt Brave Lance or Axe first to be honest, not that it's particularly likely.

- Grafcalibur seems a bit too weak for a legendary weapon being simply Merric's OG Excalibur with +3 speed. Bear in mind that legendary weapons on new units are complete out of the box, instead of having further refinements. Being the demotee, he'd could get Gronnserpent maybe? Or, though it might annoy some people, be the first readily available Gronnwolf source.

- It looks like the banner units are all infantry (not sure if any can reclass to another type)? I suspect that's not a thing that would happen. The last time it did was for Farfetched Heroes with Dorcas, Lute and Mia. And that was kind of a special case, before that you have to go back to Celica's Army with Saber, Sonya and Leon. I suppose they could just add a fourth character as a mounted alt and call it done though. Horse Leif?

Asvel's Grafcalibur is a personal weapon for him. It's basically his Dire Thunder. There's no way he should not have it. I could likely tweak Grafcalibur's effect if it seems too weak as it is. I had two people who played Thracia helping me out with the banner characters to get them as accurate as possible to their source game; Mareeta's Blade is not something I made up and we had to tone it down, even.

EDIT:

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

You should post those suggestions in this thread

I don't really feel like coming up with stats right now.

Edited by Sunwoo

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That still goes hand to hand with each other.

Well there are those theoretical five stages of grief:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Despair
  5. Acceptance

These do not apply simply to when your mother dies, I believe. Bad news in general I think can trigger this supposed cycle/process.

This would include bad FEH news. First you denied Gleipnirika (to pick anyone) existed, and then you got angry at it. Bargaining might have occurred roughly simultaneously with early despair, you try to look for a justification for the alt, and then hope it won't get any worse/it'll get better from this point on. Then you give into full despair, which ends with you saying "this game has real issues", but moving on, quieting up, and continuing to play the game. Maybe the cycle repeats later when you've emotionally recovered, since the cycle feels fatiguing and awful to go through, at least as I've experienced it.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The total absence of Jugdral and Archanea is also disappointing and should be corrected. Elibe has two reps, but none for FE6. The issue I'm seeing here is that it has to be a lord, or practically a lord- Ryoma, Lucina and Robin- to qualify as a non-OC LH. A Legendary Archanean has no choice but to be Marth, and a Bindingite Roy. Jugdral has three choices in Leif, Seliph, and Sigurd, which is better.

I would argue that Caeda and/or Tiki could be possible candidates for a non-lord Legendary Hero to represent Archanea alongside Marth. Reasons being that isn't Caeda basically Marth's right hand man (woman) in the Archanea games or at the very least have more lines than most characters in those games? Tiki seems to be a central figure for the Archanea games and from my understanding she is the only other character outside of Marth who can kill the final boss right? Plus Tiki already seems to be regarded as a legend during Chrom's time and my only question would be would they base Tiki on her younger (Archanea) or older (Awakening) self? Of course I still have yet to play Shadow Dragon so I could be wrong about both of them.

Don't know about FE6 but at the very least Roy will definitely get a Legendary alt before Eliwood does (much to my chagrin).

20 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Tiki seems to be a central figure for the Archanea games and from my understanding she is the only other character outside of Marth who can kill the final boss right?

Legendary Catria when?

catria.gif

(she soloed him, too)

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

These do not apply simply to when your mother dies, I believe. Bad news in general I think can trigger this supposed cycle/process.

I can tell you right now it doesn't since I didn't feel that way at all when my cousin passed away. All there was anger & despair, it was a horrible experience

35 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Don't know about FE6 but at the very least Roy will definitely get a Legendary alt before Eliwood does (much to my chagrin).

There's still Lilina.

I still want Old Man/Middle Aged Eliwood.

I thought the whole reason why Catria getting a spring alt was because she was the most popular Whitewing Sister.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least she isn't Armads, the wielder of Hector. May it be hoped the fourth avatara of Mahaarmads is not Green, and we know they're coming soon.

i lol'd 

i feel like if anyone from Thracia is getting added, there's definitely going to be Mareeta in the next batch. IS loves their female myrmidons (idm anyway Mareeta is cool). she'll probably creep Karla, i mean in game she comes with some good skills and good growths (or i was lucky, haven't checked the actual growths).

i enjoy Karin as a character and would like to see her in, and Fergus as well. Asvel is also a plus from me. and in comes Homer as a refresher unit
there's no chance in hell my boy Ronan's getting in anytime soon, alas

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Legendary Catria when?

good and disgusting! and now i've just had horrible flashbacks of merciless SD...all the silver and brave weapons...no more...no more....instead can we get Legendary Wolf and Sedgar because they carried the shit out of my run

5 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

and in comes Homer as a refresher unit

If either of the Jugdrali bards becomes a refresher, the tables will get flipped, I promise it. Hell hath no fury like a cat scorn.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If either of the Jugdrali bards becomes a refresher, the tables will get flipped, I promise it. Hell hath no fury like a cat scorn.

your tables are probably safe. though i personally wouldn't mind Homer being a refresher, Lewyn better not be one. not sure why but it feels acceptable to me

Edited by wizzard of soz

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I thought the whole reason why Catria getting a spring alt was because she was the most popular Whitewing Sister.

Is Catria really the most popular though? I kind of always thought Palla and Catria were neck in neck for the more popular Whitewing Sister title though that would explain why newer characters like Cordelia take more inspiration from Catria than Palla though.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Legendary Catria when?

(she soloed him, too)

Apparently someone lied to me. I will have to get back them later for that.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

I kind of always thought Palla and Catria were neck in neck for the more popular Whitewing Sister title though that would explain why newer characters like Cordelia take more inspiration from Catria than Palla though.

Catria had a clear distinction of being irreciprocally in love with Marth. Palla did nothing as memorable.

47 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Is Catria really the most popular though? I kind of always thought Palla and Catria were neck in neck for the more popular Whitewing Sister title though that would explain why newer characters like Cordelia take more inspiration from Catria than Palla though.

Really? I could've sworn that Catria had that title but I wouldn't really be surprise since Palla really is a likable character.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Really? I could've sworn that Catria had that title but I wouldn't really be surprise since Palla really is a likable character.

All three of the Whitewing sisters (yes, including Est, fight me) are really likable as characters. SD would have benefitted from support conversations, though. And NM would have benefitted from more support conversations and from getting released outside Japan. SoV did great for the sisters’ characterisation, and I wouldn’t mind more of that.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Catria had a clear distinction of being irreciprocally in love with Marth. Palla did nothing as memorable.

Its kinda obvious whose the most popular but considering Awakening had both as DLC i think they are about the same for IS

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its kinda obvious whose the most popular but considering Awakening had both as DLC i think they are about the same for IS

Awakening had Est as a DLC, too.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Awakening had Est as a DLC, too.

ok

its like

I didn't realize i hate that image so much i subconciously deleted it from my memory

THANKS VAX HATE YOU

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I didn't realize i hate that image so much i subconciously deleted it from my memory

That Est is still thousands and thousands of times better than That Linde.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

THANKS VAX HATE YOU

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said: