Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

28 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Palla is a very good unit for flying teams. With any luck, the next red flier will be a red tome ;)

When I had few others, I think Narcian, Palla and Subaki made up my flying team for the first ever flier quest. I'm not even sure I had Spring Camilla at the time, since I don't think she was out, but I could be wrong.

But I would love more choice. They keep giving us axe and lance fliers, when we desperately need swords and tomes... maybe even a singer and a healer. 

And then that will free up giving us more non seasonal/special axe infantry and some more axe cavalry :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Well, Aversa, Elincia, Glen, and Syrene will probably be Red fliers and all will probably add a lot to the table. Aversa would add our red tome flier, Elincia would probably have a legendary brave sword, Glen would probably have a silver sword at start, and Syrene would be Syrene

I hope so. Elincia should be a pretty safe bet, but I wonder about Aversa: they've gone with seasonal units for the blue and green tome fliers so far, so they might do the same for red, at least initially. Glen and Syrene would be cool but I'm not sure they're very high priority to add, even within FE8.

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

When I had few others, I think Narcian, Palla and Subaki made up my flying team for the first ever flier quest. I'm not even sure I had Spring Camilla at the time, since I don't think she was out, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, it was the end of March, before the spring banner. I had to use Narcian/Caeda/Catria/Florina. It was a mess.

Just now, Othin said:

I hope so. Elincia should be a pretty safe bet, but I wonder about Aversa: they've gone with seasonal units for the blue and green tome fliers so far, so they might do the same for red, at least initially. Glen and Syrene would be cool but I'm not sure they're very high priority to add, even within FE8.

Yeah, it was the end of March, before the spring banner. I had to use Narcian/Caeda/Catria/Florina. It was a mess.

Ouch >.< 

I kept resetting for good match ups... The gem weapons were crucial to my strategy. It made me really glad for Subaki and Narcian, since Palla seemed to die the most out of them. I might have just kept getting no axes on my matchups... It was a while ago. 

The real mess for me was the armour quest. I didn't have Hector, whom I got during Hero Fest... I didn't even have Sheena or Effie at the start. I promoted Wendy to 5* and had three Draugs... I managed to get a couple of them done before I went mental on the FE7 summon and got so many new units - one of them was Sheena. Still used all my light blessings to do it. Crazy -.- Hector makes it all so much easier, it's mental. I had no problem doing it this time round - or any time since I got him xD 

Thinking Elinica will be a staff flier: physic and ward fliers. At least I hope so for her PoR version. Then, her RD version would have Amiti and be a sword flier.

If the next Tempest is PoR then Elincia is something to be expected. Nephenee would probably be TT reward while BK would be GHB. I wonder what would PoR banner have? Crossing fingers for Brave Bow Geoffrey.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thinking Elinica will be a staff flier: physic and ward fliers. At least I hope so for her PoR version. Then, her RD version would have Amiti and be a sword flier.

If the next Tempest is PoR then Elincia is something to be expected. Nephenee would probably be TT reward while BK would be GHB. I wonder what would PoR banner have? Crossing fingers for Brave Bow Geoffrey.

Maybe they'll add Kieran and Oscar as one step closer to Christmas Knights gauntlet?

Actually I can see Boyd being added in PoR rather than RD though

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe they'll add Kieran and Oscar as one step closer to Christmas Knights gauntlet?

Actually I can see Boyd being added in PoR rather than RD though

I would love Kieran and Oscar.  I could see Nephenee (all but confirmed), Kieran, Oscar, and Jill (she's popular and they like doing 2 boys/2 girls)  I'm not sure if there will be any sort of theme to the PoR Banner or they'll just pick a bunch of random units.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So far, they haven't seemed interested in making separate regular versions for different-game versions of characters, aside from Tiki who had a 2000 year difference. And based on s!Camilla and especially s!Corrin, I think they'll make the first staff flier be some random seasonal unit who does not necessarily use staffs or fly.

I’ve got two Karels recently and am thinking of giving one of the wo daos to my Spd/Res Palla whom I 5★’d a while ago. Yay or nay?

She’s currently running Darting Blow, WoM, Goad Fliers, Reposition, Moonbow. Does she need new skills?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve got two Karels recently and am thinking of giving one of the wo daos to my Spd/Res Palla whom I 5★’d a while ago. Yay or nay?

She’s currently running Darting Blow, WoM, Goad Fliers, Reposition, Moonbow. Does she need new skills?

Wo Dao Palla is something really popular on higher arena tiers, so yeah. I'd actually prefer Fury.

Regarding a possible PoR banner, Jill and Elincia are imo the most likely female candidates. On the male side I'd go with Oscar and Boyd. Dunno if they'll throw Laguz units right away or what.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Personally, I like keeping her Ruby Sword.  Since many strong fliers are Blue, it helps to have something to counter Greens.  On my team, Palla's sole job is to kill Greens, the rest, the rest of my team has no trouble with.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'd personally wait for more red fliers to come out (so that we have some actually min-maxed ones rather than a choose-one: balanced everything or melee Setsuna[lul]), but if you like Palla for Palla rather than because you need a red flier, go for it.

So far, they haven't seemed interested in making separate regular versions for different-game versions of characters, aside from Tiki who had a 2000 year difference. And based on s!Camilla and especially s!Corrin, I think they'll make the first staff flier be some random seasonal unit who does not necessarily use staffs or fly.

Sorry about just the quote, the stupid editor on this site is garbage and wouldn't let me type anything outside it.

Anyway, I could see them differentiating if there's a big enough difference. So I can easily see us getting something like FE7 Bartre.

For Elincia, I could see them doing so. Have PoR Elinica be "princess" with this outfit & a staff 

250?cb=20151218034556

Then have RD Elincia as Queen with Amiti and this outfit

280?cb=20170727152756

But in contrast, I doubt most other tellius characters will get a por/rd differentiation. Like off the topo f my head...maybe Sothe, Devdan/Danved, Ike.

Edited by r_n

I'm hoping for Kieran just to get another axe cav in the game. Go listen to Cain's voice clips. Perfect reference for doing Kieran's voice. Or just hire that dude again. Also Astrid since an alternative horse archer could be cool. I suspect they will have her in a theoretical "Crimean Knights" banner simply because making sure there's at least half or more women is important to them. Elincia is a given, but the only other options are Astrid, or Lucia, another sword infantry.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What unit would fit the Est/villager role this time? Astrid? Tormod? Sothe?

Their villager pick besides SoV's seems to be younger characters

....I mean Odin and Saizo should be one if the only requirement is having good growth

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What unit would fit the Est/villager role this time? Astrid? Tormod? Sothe?

Their villager pick besides SoV's seems to be younger characters so Young!Sothe

....I mean Odin and Saizo should be one if the only requirement is having good growth

So... 7 Marths is a thing now. I will eventually have a +10 Marth. I'm kind of wondering if I should just start dumping feathers into promoting Marths just to march towards what will be my most OP unit.

Who else has almost enough *4's for a +10 Juggernaut?

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

v4YLdiT.jpg

I think I gave one Ward away to Frederick and one (or two?) silver sword to somebody else. This one Eliwood is Atk/Def.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I think I gave one Ward away to Frederick and one (or two?) silver sword to somebody else. This one Eliwood is Atk/Def.

I think I'll do a +10 at *5 though. It's a LOT of feathers for it but the result is pretty incredible though and I keep being tossed Marths. He really wants his Falchion

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... 7 Marths is a thing now. I will eventually have a +10 Marth. I'm kind of wondering if I should just start dumping feathers into promoting Marths just to march towards what will be my most OP unit.

4☆+6 Lon'qu here!

I'm quite against certain +10 units at 4☆ like Falchion users or units that get legendary weapons at 5☆ like Chrom/Marth, Seliph, Jeorge, etc.

19 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

4☆+6 Lon'qu here!

I'm quite against certain +10 units at 4☆ like Falchion users or units that get legendary weapons at 5☆ like Chrom/Marth, Seliph, Jeorge, etc.

You can just merge a 5* into the 4* IRRC and get the legendary that way. (Mind, I'm more or less against 4* +10s on principle.)

35 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My +10 happened. And this is using only 4 star Olivias. That's not to mention all of my 3 star Olivias...many of which I've sent home. The only +10 5 star I really want to make is Lucius, but sadly, I've only ever pulled one of him.... ;A; 

34 minutes ago, JSND said:

Their villager pick besides SoV's seems to be younger characters

The trainee shtick is they're in a trash class but have a lot of room for growth. Donnel & Mozu have very significant growths considering they start in joke classes. The 5 SoV villagers start as, well, villagers so they have an inbult extra class before going into whatever they want. The FE8 trainees are in a unique bad class with jokey animations so they get 10 extra levels before moving on.

I'm guessing the reason the "young dragons" get the bonus is to reflect how they had AMAZING growths but limited time to use them. There's only, what, a single dragon stone for Fae & Myrrh to use, period? 

I think beyond those units, there prrrrobably wont be other units that get the trainee bonuses. 

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

The trainee shtick is they're in a trash class but have a lot of room for growth. Donnel & Mozu have very significant growths considering they start in joke classes. The 5 SoV villagers start as, well, villagers so they have an inbult extra class before going into whatever they want. The FE8 trainees are in a unique bad class with jokey animations so they get 10 extra levels before moving on.

I'm guessing the reason the "young dragons" get the bonus is to reflect how they had AMAZING growths but limited time to use them. There's only, what, a single dragon stone for Fae & Myrrh to use, period? 

I think beyond those units, there prrrrobably wont be other units that get the trainee bonuses. 

Fae had 1 and Myrrh 1 as well yeah

Tiki had buyable stones and can even transform into several variety of dragons so she fits on your definition much more than the rest

Edited by JSND

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Mozu has joke growths because she has joke bases. She never gets tanky enough to be bulky---as in, literally never catches up to any character with actual bulk---so she's glass cannon offense only, and we already have Niles and Elise. Villager bases are actually 'passable' in Fates, but Mozu's personal bases means that her growths don't fix any of her bulk issues ever, and we already have all the glass cannons we need in Nyx, Niles, Elise, Samurai!Jakob (give him a Kodachi and he turns into Ryoma, I'm not joking---10 from L&D and 5 from Swordfaire is more than enough to OHKO until the endgame, nevermind the 3 he gets from elbow room), Felicia, etc. etc.

Edit: 16/4/1 bulk is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Edited by DehNutCase