• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

53 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm giving Mae some love, and my word... Owl tomes are definitely fun to play with, even if they're not the most practical.

Litrowl is great for Spd manipulation and tanking things you're not normally able to tank.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Litrowl is great for Spd manipulation and tanking things you're not normally able to tank.

Yeah. I got Mae to get some sudden doubles/kills while training her using it. Not sure how often I'd do that in actual fights, but she's +Spd and I like her in SoV.

Now I know what I'm using Marth for.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah. I got Mae to get some sudden doubles/kills while training her using it. Not sure how often I'd do that in actual fights, but she's +Spd and I like her in SoV.

She's great. With Marth's spur Spd and Owl's effect, she already has 37 Spd which is a pretty big jump with just one person.

13 minutes ago, KongDude said:

She's great. With Marth's spur Spd and Owl's effect, she already has 37 Spd which is a pretty big jump with just one person.

The problem with -owl tomes is that you basically turn the unit into Odin. Nothing wrong with being Odin---his spread knows exactly what he needs, but most people prefer 1 more win over 30 less losses---but it's kind of redundant. (Odin uses -blade to fix his terrible attack---keeping his amazing bulk steady---everyone else uses owl to fix their terrible bulk---keeping their amazing to decent offenses steady.)

Edit: Mind, I rate Odin very highly---Tome user with great speed and bulk goes far, but most people look at: I'm going to needed either 1 A+ tier buffer or 2 B tier buffers to use him and just dump him in the 'I'd rather hand his tome to someone else for 20k extra feathers' category. Which is... interesting, considering -blades only work at all in teams with good buffers, and 20k buys Odin a lot of extra skills versus his competitors, but *shrugg.*

Edited by DehNutCase

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Quickly gave my neutral Mae one of my spare Marths. Still need to learn it but yeah Blarowl can be really fun :)

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem with -owl tomes is that you basically turn the unit into Odin. Nothing wrong with being Odin---his spread knows exactly what he needs, but most people prefer 1 more win over 30 less losses---but it's kind of redundant. (Odin uses -blade to fix his terrible attack---keeping his amazing bulk steady---everyone else uses owl to fix their terrible bulk---keeping their amazing to decent offenses steady.)

Edit: Mind, I rate Odin very highly---Tome user with great speed and bulk goes far, but most people look at: I'm going to needed either 1 A+ tier buffer or 2 B tier buffers to use him and just dump him in the 'I'd rather hand his tome to someone else for 20k extra feathers' category.

My Mae is +Spd, and I have vague intentions of turning her into a blade mage- not as powerful as Linde, but definitely... well, the Owl tome is there because she defaults with it no matter how you pull her.

(What you just saw was me noticing my 4* Mae is 8 speed behind my 5* Fury Linde and I don't know if she's gonna make that up...)

Just finished levelling my newly promoted 5 star -HP/+Atk Cherche. Gosh I love deleting things with Brave Axe. I have a -Spd Raven ready to give her Brave Axe+ but I need to find Threaten Def 1 fodder (so I can give Cherche Brave Axe+, and Threaten Def 2 and 3 in one go). I do have a spare Michalis I guess but...not sure if he's worth using for inheritance like that. I guess he can give Cherche Iote's Shield if needed for a story chapter?

Also my new +Spd/-Res Robin is 4 star level 40. I'll wait until next week to promote him so I have an answers to dang thieves during GHBs.

Game also decides to give me Matihldas on both my accounts while failing to hunt Brave Lucina. One is -Atk while the other is +Spd/-Res which is...decent? I wish there was a 4* inheritor of Cancel Affinity though, would be interesting to put to Lyn.

21 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My Mae is +Spd, and I have vague intentions of turning her into a blade mage- not as powerful as Linde, but definitely... well, the Owl tome is there because she defaults with it no matter how you pull her.

(What you just saw was me noticing my 4* Mae is 8 speed behind my 5* Fury Linde and I don't know if she's gonna make that up...)

That's fine, of course, as long as you remember that: A, Odin is faster than Mae, and B, 20k feathers fixes a lot of his issues compared to Mae---he can either pick up L&D and almost completely patch up his atk while gaining a tremendous speed lead---all while keeping his absurd bulk, 45/20/20 43/20/20 is still far above average [edit: even after L&D he has the same magical bulk as Mae, while having like 10 more physical bulk he has 2 less magical bulk, don't know why I keep thinking Odin has 45 hp]---or he can basically complete a budget build---very easy considering he starts with Moonbow, only needs a 2k A-slot if he doesn't need L&D, and Assist and C-skills tend to be fairly easy to come by.

(Feel free to keep using subpar Odin as fodder, of course, but I feel like +Atk or +Spd variants deserve to be kept on their own merits.)

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's fine, of course, as long as you remember that: A, Odin is faster than Mae, and B, 20k feathers fixes a lot of his issues compared to Mae---he can either pick up L&D and almost completely patch up his atk while gaining a tremendous speed lead---all while keeping his absurd bulk, 45/20/20 is still far above average [edit: even after L&D he has the same magical bulk as Mae, while having like 10 more physical bulk]---or he can basically complete a budget build---very easy considering he starts with Moonbow, only needs a 2k A-slot if he doesn't need L&D, and Assist and C-skills tend to be fairly easy to come by.

(Feel free to keep using subpar Odin as fodder, of course, but I feel like +Atk or +Spd variants deserve to be kept on their own merits.)

What would be Odin's best bane? HP?

All my +Spd/+Atk ones have -Def as a bane and it gives extra losses, not sure if I want to wait for the perfect one.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's fine, of course, as long as you remember that: A, Odin is faster than Mae, and B, 20k feathers fixes a lot of his issues compared to Mae---he can either pick up L&D and almost completely patch up his atk while gaining a tremendous speed lead---all while keeping his absurd bulk, 45/20/20 is still far above average [edit: even after L&D he has the same magical bulk as Mae, while having like 10 more physical bulk]---or he can basically complete a budget build---very easy considering he starts with Moonbow, only needs a 2k A-slot if he doesn't need L&D, and Assist and C-skills tend to be fairly easy to come by.

And yet both are inferior to Linde. Mae is both cuter and I have personal experience enjoying her I do not with Odin. I think I'll pick her.

(Also, I'd probably never use Odin or Henry because they have the worst voice clips. Screw your low attack, if you make my ears bleed, you're not on the team.)

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What would be Odin's best bane? HP?

All my +Spd/+Atk ones have -Def as a bane and it gives extra losses, not sure if I want to wait for the perfect one.

Res should be best, at least for the moment. This is because: he's not being doubled by anything except braves, and if he's not being doubled, hp is better than def or res. Dire thunder is Reinhardt and Olwen only, and it's not really his job to tank them. (If more brave tomes come out it'll probably flip to -hp being optimal, but for now -res is best. That said, -hp is the 2nd best bane even for now, so no need to fret if you don't have -res but only -hp.)

However, if you don't intend him on ever taking a physical hit (difficult considering the amount of DC out there), -def is fine, and probably preferred, because he does do well counter-killing mages.

Edit:

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

And yet both are inferior to Linde. Mae is both cuter and I have personal experience enjoying her I do not with Odin. I think I'll pick her.

(Also, I'd probably never use Odin or Henry because they have the worst voice clips. Screw your low attack, if you make my ears bleed, you're not on the team.)

I mean, Odin can kill Hector by face-tanking his counter, even while using the L&D build, something Linde would need multiple merges, Fury 3, +4 defense buff, and +Def nature to do. He has his uses whenever bulk is an actual concern.

More relevant in arena since in TT or the like you can just Fury 3 down to desperation range, whereas in Arena you might not get the chance to 'prep' desperation with ardent sacrifice (which I don't like because of how good reposition is, but that's just personal bias), or multiple other combats.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Heh

Owl is fun 

Blade is better 

hows your health

Owl is fun but i wish theres any unit with right specs to use it. As it is now the only real user of the tome is like maybe Robin and Reinhardt but Reinhardt is literally the best user of everything

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

Owl is fun but i wish theres any unit with right specs to use it. As it is now the only real user of the tome is like maybe Robin and Reinhardt but Reinhardt is literally the best user of everything

Odin would use it quite well since -owl is a tome that turns other users into Odin. If you turn Odin into Odin+ then he's even better at what he's good at (not dying) and even worse at what he's bad at (killing things without support).

You'll have an indestructible brick wall of a character that's not really good for much except laughing off damage and spreading debuffs around---basically only Henry manages to avoid his panic ploys. [Edit: He'll still have a fair amount of 2RKOs, but ORKOs, which he can get ~130 or so with -blade, would be heavily reliant on counter-killing mages with his Moonbow or absurd amount of drive Atk.]

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What if I play with *4s.

Odin+10 is a lot easier to get than Mae or Linde +10 at 4*, one of whom is impossible, the other of whom is merely 'very unlikely.' All those Moonbows and -blades and R-tomebreakers, though.

(+10 Odin without a weapon upgrade is a very Odin Odin, going to 5* gives you 3 atk from weapon and 2 atk from promotion, so he'll be even weaker than a 5* +0, but, in exchange, he gets 2 more speed, 34 base or 37 with boon, 3 more defense, 2 more res, and 1 more hp. Dude gets even faster and tankier at the cost of being even more weaksauce---it's kind of like giving him an -owl tome.)

Edit: Generic 4* without +level Odin is merely alright. His bulk and speed are still pretty okay---above average even for 5*s---but his offenses leave much to be desired, unless he has a good A-slot to replace the useless Defiant Atk and has good buff support. (at least 3/4/4/2, preferably 4/4/3/3 or better.)

Edited by DehNutCase

57 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem with -owl tomes is that you basically turn the unit into Odin. Nothing wrong with being Odin---his spread knows exactly what he needs, but most people prefer 1 more win over 30 less losses---but it's kind of redundant. (Odin uses -blade to fix his terrible attack---keeping his amazing bulk steady---everyone else uses owl to fix their terrible bulk---keeping their amazing to decent offenses steady.

I don't think the statement "Litrowl turns the unit into Odin" is accurate enough to use as generally as you did because what it does depends entirely on who is using it. For Mae, it patches up her middling Spd stat and makes Desperation actually work on her, not her bulk (though that's a useful side-effect).

• Mae's spread with 2 stacks of Blarowl+ is 35/50/35/20/34. With standard buffs (+3/4/0/2), it becomes 35/53/39/20/36.
  • Odin's spread with Blarblade+ is 43/35/32/25/25. With standard buffs, it becomes 43/47/36/25/27.
  • Linde's spread with Blarblade+ is 35/48/36/14/27. With standard buffs, it becomes 35/60/40/14/29.

Those spreads do entirely different things. Mae is an anti-red magic tank with exceptional Spd and good Atk that still works well without the need for persistent buffs, but requires more precise positioning. Odin is a mediocre mixed tank with mediocre Atk and good Spd, but entirely relies on field buffs to function. Linde is a glass cannon with exceptional Atk and Spd and can off-tank under-buffed red tomes, but dies spectacularly to a counterattack from anything that isn't red.

Also, Delthea's physical bulk is entirely unsalvageable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Odin+10 is a lot easier to get than Mae or Linde +10 at 4*, one of whom is impossible, the other of whom is merely 'very unlikely.' All those Moonbows and -blades and R-tomebreakers, though.

I made that mistake with Subaki.

Now I need QR.

No, I meant v4*s.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Litrowl

What is Litrowl.