• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, phineas81707 said:

She''s the anti-Lachesis!

Oh yeah, a friend was disappointed at how they "lolified" her.

She also sounds like a grown woman, LOL (not that I'm complaining...)

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Oh yeah, a friend was disappointed at how they "lolified" her.

She also sounds like a grown woman, LOL (not that I'm complaining...)

She is a grown woman who finds most men lacking compared to Eldigan, while Clarisse is an abused orphan who was taught an incorrect way to look at the world.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

She is a grown woman who finds most men lacking compared to Eldigan, while Clarisse is an abused orphan who was taught an incorrect way to look at the world.

I like the part where Katarina is apparently the "older sister" figure. She looks younger, to me.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've found that 2 Dancer and a Healer works a bit better.  With 3 Dancers, I often had my unit get too beat up to quite finish the map themselves a lot of the time.

Yeah that's what I did when I was SP training Michalis a while back, but Zeph has the def & HP to soak up hits while the ninian squad ferries him around. One of my Ninians isn't level 40 (level 27 right now), so she also earns a bit more HM while doing this. A win-win all around, though if I go into the lunatic tiers I'll probably swap back in a healer.

10 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Also am I the only who thinks Clarisse looks a lot older than she sounds. Like, at least early 20's old, but she sounds like 15 and somewhat acts like it...?

There's lots of characters that seem that way.  Hector sounds way older than 17.  I think it was Lachesis, but I expected a more bubbly voice from her.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

There's lots of characters that seem that way.  Hector sounds way older than 17.  I think it was Lachesis, but I expected a more bubbly voice from her.

Hector is mildly feasible. On the other hand, I have a hard time putting Clarisse under 20...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, I'm raising my Clarisse now... she's so upsetting to play and level.

That's mostly her skillset holding her down, to be honest. She's more or less +Def/-Res Klein, except without his near perfect starting skillset.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's mostly her skillset holding her down, to be honest. She's more or less +Def/-Res Klein, except without his near perfect starting skillset.

That's not it (she's not steamrolling, but she's OK). Her tap quotes and her middle level up quote "That's good enough for you to not get rid of me." gets me emotionally.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

People seem to disregard the 34 Spd. It sounds like hardly a thing, but it's the Spd tier you put archers you consider "fast", such as the likes of Niles, Rebecca and Innes. It's also only 1 away from B.Cordelia and Lyn.

I think her skillset is really cool, but it's too built around the primise to debuff people- and people follow that and keep her that way. It's a little boring, to my tastes.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

That's not it (she's not steamrolling, but she's OK). Her tap quotes and her middle level up quote "That's good enough for you to not get rid of me." gets me emotionally.

Yeah all her voice clips are....bummers....

The voice is totally different than the one I put to her when I read her FE12 dialog but it fits way more with the character, so good job heroes.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm only now noticing, but...

Clarisse's skirt is WAY WAY WAAAAAAY shorter than it is in the very little NMotE art there is of her.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/c/ca/Kuraine_Artbook.png/revision/latest?cb=20101224063921

We are talking nonexistent here.

I'm feeling like it's more of Yura giving her a different top than in her New Mystery art. While I'm on that, Yura also gave her a more decorated shoulder pad and different arm armor -- New Mystery's art has her wearing really long gloves -- and didn't have her with her cape, scarf thing. Back to her top, Clarisse looks like she's wearing a regular shirt in New Mystery while Yura gave her this weird hybrid of a shirt and armor or a shirt that has a weird flap at the bottom. Also, it kind of looks like she isn't wearing a skirt in New Mystery, but the "skirt" is a part of her shirt like they're frills or something since you can see a slit in the middle where her shorts are. Can't tell with Yura's art since the flap is always there and is never damaged.

I feel like I'm looking into this way too much...

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Also am I the only who thinks Clarisse looks a lot older than she sounds. Like, at least early 20's old, but she sounds like 15 and somewhat acts like it...?

Cassandra Morris from what I've heard her performance of Clarisse and Julia in Heroes, Taiga in Toradora, and Edea Lee in Bravely Default, seems to have a naturally high-pitched voice. This of course makes her characters sound pretty young.

Have you heard Clarisse's Japanese voice by Fujiwara Natsumi? She sounds much older compared to her English voice. Here's a video with Japanese Clarisse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvicY-aZRY.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

Cassandra Morris from what I've heard her performance of Clarisse and Julia in Heroes, Taiga in Toradora, and Edea Lee in Bravely Default, her voice is naturally high-pitched. This of course makes her characters sound pretty young.

Oh, I actually reaaaally like her Julia. Sounds way too natural and extremely fitting. Julia's also about 15, I think.

That's a good reasoning, didn't think of it. Kind of like Julie Kliewer (who's even more on that boat).

Just now, Kaden said:

Have you heard Clarisse's Japanese voice by Fujiwara Natsumi? She sounds much older compared to her English voice. Here's a video with Japanese Clarisse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvicY-aZRY.

Surprisingly, I did. It's very fitting.

It's weird how Clarrise & Eremiya don't have any full body official art work. Katarina does since she's a player character but Legion gets one too? And all the other new players got artwork in FE11, I believe.

25 minutes ago, r_n said:

The voice is totally different than the one I put to her when I read her FE12 dialog but it fits way more with the character, so good job heroes.

What is the voice you put her.

11 minutes ago, r_n said:

It's weird how Clarrise & Eremiya don't have any full body official art work. Katarina does since she's a player character but Legion gets one too? And all the other new players got artwork in FE11, I believe.

Yeah, I want to see Eremiya.

Roro is amazing.

28 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What is the voice you put her.

Yeah, I want to see Eremiya.

Roro is amazing.

Sort of a mix between camilla & peri's voices. Maybe less of an affectation that they put on. Describing mental voices is hard, I can't say I envy voice directors.

51 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Oh, I actually reaaaally like her Julia. Sounds way too natural and extremely fitting. Julia's also about 15, I think.

Isn’t Julia older than Seliph, who is 17 himself?

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Sort of a mix between camilla & peri's voices. Maybe less of an affectation that they put on. Describing mental voices is hard, I can't say I envy voice directors.

I envy voice directors.

cat.thumb.jpg.672521b5b61b9dd1cd29d6ac45

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm pretty sure she's younger than him.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julias has to be younger than Seliph because of spoiler reasons.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

People seem to disregard the 34 Spd. It sounds like hardly a thing, but it's the Spd tier you put archers you consider "fast", such as the likes of Niles, Rebecca and Innes. It's also only 1 away from B.Cordelia and Lyn.

34 Spd is 3 away from Lyn because Lyn has access to a stronger Spd buff.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Diadora gave birth to Seliph before she got kidnapped and gave birth to Julia after she got kidnapped. Unless she can time travel, it's not possible for Julia to be older.

@Soul~!, @Sunwoo: ah, I derped. I somehow forgot Seliph already was born by the time Deirdre’s disappearing act happened.

@Ice Dragon: what are you, Ninjan?

EDIT: I keep missing the first R in Deirdre. Deirdre. Deirdre. Deirrrrrdre. Silly Norsemen and their silly names with propensity to Rs.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

34 Spd is 3 away from Lyn because Lyn has access to a stronger Spd buff.

Are you talking about Mulagir? That is assuming she is locked to it, which I'm pretty sure a character with at least that tier of Atk/Spd should make really good use of a Brave.

Look at me, promoting the tasteless Brave Meta that I myself tend to stray from. I actually think it's really flashy if your character can double(quad).

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Are you talking about Mulagir? That is assuming she is locked to it, which I'm pretty sure a character with at least that tier of Atk/Spd should make really good use of a Brave.

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about Hone Cav, which is +6.