Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I don't know if this should go here, if this needs to be asked somewhere else then let me know. Should I promote my 4* +Atk/-Spd Nowi to 5*? I was wanting to use her on an arena team with BraveRoy/Nowi/Fae/askr bonus. Some people say that Nowi could be workable as long as I focus on reds, while others say she's terrible and unusable.

Edit: accidental double post, my b

Edited by Tamagon

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Tamagon said:

I don't know if this should go here, if this needs to be asked somewhere else then let me know. Should I promote my 4* +Atk/-Spd Nowi to 5*? I was wanting to use her on an arena team with BraveRoy/Nowi/Fae/askr bonus. Some people say that Nowi could be workable as long as I focus on reds, while others say she's terrible and unusable.

Nowi's actually really decent. There's also her built-in DC breath attack.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Ah, but i already have a 5* Reinhardt...and he's close to max HM as it is...there 2 spares I have of him at 4*. And i do like Goad Cav, though I already 3-4 of my cav units with Hone inherited. And a couple with Fortify. It's also that Goad stacks with Hone so...extra fire power ahoy?

Promote the spares and keep them on your defense team. Torture Teach new players on how to use Reinhardt. Players will not thank you.

Just now, Tamagon said:

What!? Who even says Nowi is terrible? She is basically Hector but with usable movement AND have better performance ratios (I need to recheck the ratios though, but the last time I checked, her numbers are better).

1 minute ago, Tamagon said:

To clarify, they were saying the -Spd on Nowi would make her unuseable.

Do they like, not check the calculator? -Spd gives her the MOST kills. Although that does give her the most deaths as well...

The point is, -Spd is her best bane if you are looking to maximize kill count.

Flametongue and Distant Counter gives her even more kills (she needs to bane some other stat though), but that is whale territory.

20 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

There's only a limited amount of Camus and IS doesn't seem close to re-releasing his GBH.

They said in that interview recently that they're going to rerelease it eventually, just not yet.

Well, that was fun. The day of crappy archers ended with a free BH Lyn and now I have another one of her and a +Atk, -Def 4* Leon. I don't use merged units -- I just don't want to -- and that makes having another BH Lyn not that great. +Res, -HP is okay. Maybe I'll use her for Attack Smoke or something.

-Def on Leon kind of sucks since it drops him down by 4 points and he could have had 30 Def as a 5*. It also kind of makes him like Klein with his default Glacies and not getting as much damage as he or someone else with +30 Def/Res could. Still, 35 base attack as a 4* is really awesome. +Atk, -Def Leon is Virion, but on steroids and if he skipped cardio... a lot. Virion with Panic Ploy could be a cool thing, but maybe Clarisse's Bow and an eventual Def Smoke 3 would cool too. Anyway, Leon is slower than Klein, but with just Brave Bow, +Atk 4* Leon would match =Atk 4* Klein with his default skills. I never had a Klein, so I never had a source of Death Blow 3 that wasn't a 5* unit, so either way, it's going to be a 20k or 5* sacrifice to get Death Blow 3. At that point, giving Leon Brave Bow+ would be better and if I really wanted to, I could use my 5* Hawkeye and give him Death Blow 3 as well. 48 total attack on initiation and he's only a 4* archer. I dare you to come back, Valter. I freaking dare you.

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do they like, not check the calculator? -Spd gives her the MOST kills. Although that does give her the most deaths as well...

The point is, -Spd is her best bane if you are looking to maximize kill count.

Flametongue and Distant Counter gives her even more kills (she needs to bane some other stat though), but that is whale territory.

For some reason, both gamepress and the wiki list +Spd/-Res as her best nature which is kind of weird for me since I'd have assumed keeping her bulk up was worth sacrificing her spd since she's mostly a enemy phase unit.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

They said in that interview recently that they're going to rerelease it eventually, just not yet.

But considering the two GHB reruns for this month are Robin and Clarisse, we'll to wait at least till October.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

For some reason, both gamepress and the wiki list +Spd/-Res as her best nature which is kind of weird for me since I'd have assumed keeping her bulk up was worth sacrificing her spd since she's mostly a enemy phase unit.

+Spd? She is does not need to be a complete wall, she has teammates. Nowi needs to kill, kill, kill with +Atk. Giving her +Spd is like trying to make Hector tank Desperation mages.

I think [+Atk, -Res] is generally what most people are comfortable with, since she still have reasonable offense with literally only a handful of deaths. Getting +Spd is overkill in terms of trying to survive, and it makes her offense weaker, which in turn defeats the point of surviving if more enemies are alive with their Special and Vantage ready.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

+Spd? She is does not need to be a complete wall, she has teammates. Nowi needs to kill, kill, kill with +Atk. Giving her +Spd is like trying to make Hector tank Desperation mages.

I think [+Atk, -Res] is generally what most people are comfortable with, since she still have reasonable offense with literally only a handful of deaths. Getting +Spd is overkill in terms of trying to survive, and it makes her offense weaker, which in turn defeats the point of surviving if more enemies are alive with their Special and Vantage ready.

My Nowi has a +Atk/-Res nature and she does good work with QR, though I have used her on my defense team with Vantage before. Maybe I should try using her with Vantage to see how it compares to QR, especially since she only has QR2, but has Vantage 3.

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, that was fun. The day of crappy archers ended with a free BH Lyn and now I have another one of her and a +Atk, -Def 4* Leon. I don't use merged units -- I just don't want to -- and that makes having another BH Lyn not that great. +Res, -HP is okay. Maybe I'll use her for Attack Smoke or something.

If you want to inherit something from Brave Lyn, Swift Sparrow might be more useful.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you want to inherit something from Brave Lyn, Swift Sparrow might be more useful.

Yeah, but I can't think of anyone who would want it right now who doesn't already have either an attack or speed-boosting Blow skill like Tharja and Valter have Darting Blow and with Tharja being -Spd, she really wants as much speed as she can get. That and I have a couple of Hinata lying around, so Fury on Nino might be better if I don't want to spend 20k on a Hana for L&D3 on her, Linde, or whoever.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Good thing about this double SP week...I can finally start building up S!Camilla...now that I remembered I SI'd stuff on her -_-

L&D2+3, WoM 2+3, Gronnblade and +, Moonbow...lotsa SP needed...

Actually, I got my Summer Corrin fully finished before this thing was announced. To get Moonbow, Blarblade +, Draw Back, Fury 3, Desperation 3, and Fortify fliers, it took about 2000 sp and 24 stamina potions.

I got a sudden burst of units I want to build over the past week, so more double SP is a blessing for me. And it looks like it'll partially overlap with the mini Tempest Trial coming up, which will make it even easier to get units ready. I hope this monthly schedule keeps being a thing, it's nice to have an idea of the month ahead for planning grinding and orb spending.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Are Reinhardt and Berkut still the only units who have never been playable before this? It's still weird to think...

Eldigan. And a lot of the GHB units have also never been playable before (Ursula and Zephiel being two of them).

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eldigan. And a lot of the GHB units have also never been playable before (Ursula and Zephiel being two of them).

Is Zephiel not part of the characters that is playable on Trial Map?

Reinhardt and Eldigan are the two summonable characters who were never playable in their own games.

Technically, Masked Marth was never playable while being Masked Marth.

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Is Zephiel not part of the characters that is playable on Trial Map?

Zephiel is playable in the trial maps, as is Narcian. It's just that you need to beat the game seven times to unlock Zephiel.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you want to count it, both Eldigan and Ursula were Einherjar units in Awakening. Lloyd was one as well.

Are we counting Einherjar units? I personally wouldn't count them, as they don't even resemble the character they're supposed to be based on. But if you guys are including them I guess they count? I was only counting main story characters.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Are we counting Einherjar units? I personally wouldn't count them, as they don't even resemble the character they're supposed to be based on. But if you guys are including them I guess they count? I was only counting main story characters.

I just felt the need to bring it up to note that those characters were technically playable prior to Heroes, just not in their home games. It's perfectly fine if you don't want to count it.